Simulus package passes, with no republican support.

• 104 results
Avatar image for lilburtonboy7489
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

SoothsayerGB said:
"A friend of mine was saying today.  That the republicans were just making a statement.  That I had to "Read between the lines."  Something about, they all knew it would pass.  So just let them know where they stand.  Weird."
Yea, they did know it was going to pass. I think your friend was right. I don't know how many Republicans actually oppose less government. In the last 8 years, the Republicans have built the American empire to be vastly larger than it ever has been in history. How come all of the sudden, government spending and intervention is bad?
DreamsVisions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By DreamsVisions

some Republicans will sign on when the bill comes back through the House.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By vidiot
lilburtonboy7489 said:
"SoothsayerGB said:
"A friend of mine was saying today.  That the republicans were just making a statement.  That I had to "Read between the lines."  Something about, they all knew it would pass.  So just let them know where they stand.  Weird."
Yea, they did know it was going to pass. I think your friend was right. I don't know how many Republicans actually oppose less government. In the last 8 years, the Republicans have built the American empire to be vastly larger than it ever has been in history. How come all of the sudden, government spending and intervention is bad?"
It is pretty ironic that now is the time that Republicans are acting like Republicans. Their answer for this situation is tax cuts....again....

I'm skeptical on how this stimulus package will play out. I don't see either side bringing up a concrete answer to this problem.
Avatar image for lilburtonboy7489
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

vidiot said:
"lilburtonboy7489 said:
"SoothsayerGB said:
Yea, they did know it was going to pass. I think your friend was right. I don't know how many Republicans actually oppose less government. In the last 8 years, the Republicans have built the American empire to be vastly larger than it ever has been in history. How come all of the sudden, government spending and intervention is bad?"
It is pretty ironic that now is the time that Republicans are acting like Republicans. Their answer for this situation is tax cuts....again....

I'm skeptical on how this stimulus package will play out. I don't see either side bringing up a concrete answer to this problem."
Yea, it's sad. Neither side is offering the right solution. They're lawyers, not economists.