• 111 results
#1 Posted by mrcool11 (469 posts) -
#2 Posted by guiseppe (2837 posts) -

It's not rude if neither he nor you has a problem with it. And it's not like you're sleeping in the same bed, or is it? :O

#3 Posted by mrcool11 (469 posts) -

So the situation is as follows. I, a simple first year university student, have grown partial over the past few years to the practice of sleeping sans clothing. It's a liberating experience. However, upon arrival to my dorm room at the beginning of the semester, I happened to notice that the space between mine and my roommate's beds encompasses roughly 5 feet. Now, even though I've lived with the guy for a month, I still hardly know him, and he's British, and we all know how prudish they are. The fella wears more clothes to bed than I do to class, so it's clear that he has some qualms with the exposure of male genitalia. So what's my play?
#4 Posted by Voshterkoff (125 posts) -

Penis gourd.

#5 Posted by guiseppe (2837 posts) -

I'm guessing the best and fastest way to resolve this issue would be to simply talk to him.

#6 Posted by s7evn (1072 posts) -

Slap him in the face, really?

either continue what you're doing or wear some clothing to bed, but don't tell him. Once you tell him or he finds out shit gets real awkward (unless you like putting yourself and others in awkward situations, then do whatever).

#7 Posted by PS3RG (424 posts) -

Sometime during the night just stand naked hovering over his bed until he wakes up. This should determine if he has a problem with it.

#8 Posted by bartok (2406 posts) -

Depends on what you look like.

#9 Posted by BeachThunder (11638 posts) -
@guiseppe said:
" I'm guessing the best and fastest way to resolve this issue would be to simply talk to him. "
...whilst naked.
#10 Posted by Azteck (7450 posts) -

Ask him.

#11 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -
@mrcool11 said:
" I still hardly know him, and he's British, and we all know how prudish they are."
I don't approve of your fucking unfounded generalisations.
#12 Posted by goodwood (600 posts) -

sleeping naked that close is not cool. At least wear some boxers. No one wants to wake up in the morning with a sac in the face.

#13 Posted by JoMate (241 posts) -
@PS3RG said:
" Sometime during the night just stand naked hovering over his bed until he wakes up. This should determine if he has a problem with it. "
this should do it.... 

but seriously start wearing at least a string or a pare of boxers, but whatever you do make sure he never finds out or it could end up on the net. uho 
#14 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

I'm a Dude that likes to sleep in the nude,
but my wife's a prude she thinks it's rude,
then she gives me 'tude saying that I'm crude,
so I keep her in a good mood, cause she cooks my food.

#15 Posted by Malakhii (1443 posts) -

I'd say wear some underwear, you'd throw a wrench in your relationship if he somehow see's your gear, or if you walk up to him and start talking to him about being naked. BTW not all English people are prudes, I've met some English dudes who were the furthest things from prudes. But if your roommate is uncomfortable with nudity don't start being the nude guy. 

#16 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -

As much as this dick-slapping business is appealing Im going to have to say sleep clothed.

#17 Posted by RichardLOlson (1852 posts) -

I would say sleep naked and if he happens to come over and take a peek, then you know he is either:

A. Jealous
B. Gay/Bi
C. Just really weird and hope you don't find that shit on the internet

#18 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -

I sleep in the nude as well, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to wear boxers at the university. I wouldn't want another guys balls in my face, and the rule is treat others as you want to be treated, right?

#19 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -

Dude....don't sleep naked when you have a dorm roommate. That shit is just plain creepy.

#20 Posted by mrcool11 (469 posts) -
@MysteriousBob said:
" @mrcool11 said:
" I still hardly know him, and he's British, and we all know how prudish they are."
I don't approve of your fucking unfounded generalisations. "

I don't approve of your inability to see a joke when it's right in front of your face
#21 Posted by Malakhii (1443 posts) -
@jonnyboy said:
" I'm a Dude that likes to sleep in the nude, but my wife's a prude she thinks it's rude, then she gives me 'tude saying that I'm crude, so I keep her in a good mood, cause she cooks my food. "
Beautiful. Shakespearean words to live by my friend.   
#22 Posted by billysea (103 posts) -

Ask him if he wants to sleep naked too so everyone is fair.

#23 Posted by Snipzor (3317 posts) -

I wouldn't mind if I were him to be honest... well not that much. Just ask the guy, it's so much easier than doing this. Depends if he wants to take advantage of you while you're asleep.

#24 Edited by crusader8463 (14411 posts) -

Despite your light hearted take on the subject I will give it a serious response.

Just come out and tell them that you prefer to sleep naked, and ask them if they are ok with you doing so.  As long as you don't spend every second of the day naked walking about the room it should be fine. As always though it depends on the individual, and not every one is comfortable with seeing naked people around. If they say no and it becomes a problem try putting a notice on the bulletin board asking if you could switch rooms with someone who wouldn't mind you being naked.

I understand your plight though. I have have slept naked since I was a baby, but a few years ago I had to start wearing underwear to bed because I sleep with my door slightly open and there are kids living in the house now. Since my room is a very tight space with next to no ventilation, and a big ass computer that is on 24/7, it tends to get rather hot in here so I usually don't sleep with any blankets over me. Combine the two and I now have to start wearing underwear to bed. On really hot nights though I say fuck it and go naked.

I don't know how people can sleep with clothes on. Every time I have tried it with pants they would always roll up and start cutting into my legs as I rolled around in my bed during the night, or if I wear underwear they always bunch up and crush one or both of my testicles against my leg and it hurts like hell.

#25 Posted by ShadowMountain (226 posts) -
@crusader8463: I assume you live in a hot country right? Because I can't imagine sleeping without clothes on. Its freezing at night even with really thick blankets. Also don't have enough money to run the heating during the night as well as the day so its cheaper to just wear more clothes. Today I'll wear 3 layers to bed - vest, t-shirt and then Jumper lol.
#26 Posted by Atomasist (2818 posts) -

T-bag your roommate in his sleep.

#27 Posted by Snipzor (3317 posts) -
@Atomasist: Should the roommate know that he was teabagged when he wakes up? If so, then I recommend purple ink.
#28 Posted by crusader8463 (14411 posts) -
@ShadowMountain said:
" @crusader8463: I assume you live in a hot country right? Because I can't imagine sleeping without clothes on. Its freezing at night even with really thick blankets. Also don't have enough money to run the heating during the night as well as the day so its cheaper to just wear more clothes. Today I'll wear 3 layers to bed - vest, t-shirt and then Jumper lol. "
I live in Canada, and yes it is rather hot most nights despite the stupid stereotypes. As I said though, the main reason it's so hot is that my bedroom is a very small room with zero ventilation and with a big ass computer on 24/7 it gets hot fast.
#29 Posted by ZeroCast (1869 posts) -

I am not going to tell you how to live your life but ask your roommate about what your doing ,if he accepts it then do as you wish and if he doesn't; just put some cloth on. A boxer ain't that bad you know.

#30 Posted by Ravenousrattler (1417 posts) -

at least wear some boxers

#31 Posted by shiptoncraig (149 posts) -

How hard is it to just wear something while sleeping?  You're hardly going to lose sleep because you're wearing some kind of clothing.

#32 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

Dude, wut?!

Please, just sleep with clothes on.

#33 Posted by rjayb89 (7716 posts) -

You should be scared if the dude touches you, man.  Unless you're into that sort of thing.

#34 Posted by Chaser324 (6263 posts) -

Is it too much to ask that you just throw on a loose pair of boxers or gym shorts?

Moderator Online
#35 Posted by Jasta (2217 posts) -
@rjayb89 said:
" You should be scared if the dude touches you, man.  Unless you're into that sort of thing.  "
Because being clothed would stop him, should the roommate wish to do so?
#36 Posted by damnboyadvance (4059 posts) -

Not rude, but maybe unnecessary. At least wear some boxers or something.

#37 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

dude sleep naked who gives a fuck.

#38 Posted by Ace829 (2083 posts) -

I love off-topic.

#39 Posted by itspizza (427 posts) -

at least tell him about it, if you had a bad dream and your all sprawled out hes probably going to think your gay

#40 Posted by blackbird415 (777 posts) -

its comfier wearing nothing to bed. it just is

#41 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

I picked D because it's jokez lololol.

Seriously though, put some damn clothes on.

#42 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

It probably depends on how good looking you are.

#43 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

cock slap....lol, but seriously put something on, that's just weird as hell. Even by myself I at least have underwear on when sleeping.

#44 Edited by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -

Just walk around him naked one day while pretending like there's nothing going on (maybe brush your teeth at the same time to add some jiggle to the equation). If he sees it once, I don't see the problem of him seeing it again, thus you'll be home free.

#45 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6285 posts) -

At least wear some boxers. If you weren't sleeping in the same room I'd say go for it.

#46 Posted by rjayb89 (7716 posts) -
@Jasta said:
" @rjayb89 said:
" You should be scared if the dude touches you, man.  Unless you're into that sort of thing.  "
Because being clothed would stop him, should the roommate wish to do so? "
What the hell, I did not get a message for your reply.  But yes to whatever you said.
#47 Posted by Jasta (2217 posts) -
@rjayb89 said:
" @Jasta said:
" @rjayb89 said:
Because being clothed would stop him, should the roommate wish to do so? "
What the hell, I did not get a message for your reply.  But yes to whatever you said. "
Thats happened to me before, some of them from weeks ago =|
#48 Posted by Max_Antrax (107 posts) -

Wait, what this is a topic. 
This is even worse than the topic about peeing in the shower xD

#49 Posted by DrPockets000 (2859 posts) -

Hooray for skewed data from a bullshit choice (even if I too selected the cock slap option). 

Really though, unless your roomate has a serious problem, just sleep naked.  People usually don't care.  A real man understands when another man wants to hang free while he sleeps.

#50 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -
@shiptoncraig said:
" How hard is it to just wear something while sleeping?  You're hardly going to lose sleep because you're wearing some kind of clothing. "
I lose sleep when I have clothing on.  

That said put some damn boxers on dude.