#1 Posted by MrSlapHappy (178 posts) -

Whenever I am at a urinal in a small public bathroom I start to get on edge and occasionally glance behind me.

I have spent enough time shooting, garrotting, stabbing, neck-snapping, or causing other forms of otherwise silent death in video games that now whenever I am alone in an utterly silent bathroom that also happens to be rather small, I can't help thinking about those moments.

Am I just crazy, or does anybody else think about this stuff when they are taking a leak?

#2 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

You should watch American History X.

#3 Posted by StealthRaptor (526 posts) -

You should watch True Lies.

#4 Posted by Dexter_Morgan_ (314 posts) -

Well... random murders do usually happen in small public bathrooms. I'm not talking about conspiracy or revenge... i'm talking about randomness. Like take me for example.

If I were to randomly murder someone for no apparent reason out of the blue I would pick the first person I see in a public bathroom.

It happens far more often then you'd think.

Anywho.....

Hope you feel better.

#5 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

I once got attacked in a small public bathroom while taking a drunken piss in the trough. I managed to escape though

#6 Posted by allworkandlowpay (874 posts) -

i once attacked a guy in a small public bathroom when he was taking a piss in the trough. He got away though :(

#7 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3482 posts) -

I once witnessed an inebriated individual being attacked while micturating; he managed to escape, luckily.

#8 Posted by Winternet (8008 posts) -

Two for two for @MrSlapHappy: on kinda weird threads.

#9 Posted by RichmanUK (16 posts) -

You should watch Citizen Kane. Not because it's got a toilet scene, it's just a good movie. :D

#10 Posted by Paindamnation (788 posts) -

@Winternet said:

Two for two for @MrSlapHappy: on kinda weird threads.

Yup.

#11 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

That is hands down the most awesome weird trait anyone can have. Looking behind oneself while in a bathroom due to playing too many stealth games.

#12 Posted by Hizang (8533 posts) -

You should play Banjo-Kazooie, you know what part I'm on about!

#13 Posted by UitDeToekomst (705 posts) -

remove the "Small Empty" part from the title and i am totally with you.

#14 Posted by PenguinDust (12455 posts) -

I'm usually too busy imagining rats swimming up from the toilet to worry about anything else.

#15 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

@StealthRaptor said:

Man, that film is fucking gold.

#16 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

It's those snake things that Stick through the wholes that are cut in the sides of the cubicals that scary me. I stroked one once for a while and it spat in my face

#17 Posted by Brodehouse (9652 posts) -

You should not play Catherine.

The part in the filthy small public bathroom is actually the safest part in Silent Hill 2.

#18 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Shoot randomly behind you while peeing. You'll feel safe, able to pee, and if anyone was going to attack you they'll be shot!

#19 Posted by Getz (2989 posts) -

I can't even use urinals because I get too nervous to pee. I start thinking about other people's junk, and then I start thinking about how they might be staring at my junk and it's just too much pressure.

#20 Posted by AgnosticJesus (542 posts) -

That's stupid to worry about being attacked in a public bathroom. You're more likely to have a dude come up wanting to give you head. I have IBS so I'm constantly forced to use public bathrooms. I can't count how many times I've either been approached or walked into two dudes going at it in a stall. I live in a upscale community and the local news did a report on this. There's websites that list public bathroom "cruise sites" and the likeliness of a successful encounter. Years ago I was in a stall at Best Buy and my son who was a toddler at the time was with me. A dude came in and started peeking in the slit of the door. I told him if he didn't leave I was going to beat the shit out of him. He didn't, and started playing with himself. Needless to say I became enraged and left the man lying in his own pool of blood.

#21 Posted by Zleunamme (652 posts) -

It more weirder when someone walks in and decides to use the urinal right next to you. Even thought there four other empty stalls. Another pet peeve is when dudes you don't know are trying to start a conversation while your minding your own business.

Has anybody read Chuck Palahniuk--author of Fight Club-- book, Pygmy? There was a scene where the main character ambushes a guy who was bullying him in school. He beats up and rapes the bully in a Wal-Mart bathroom.

#22 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

I'd advise you never use public restrooms if you can avoid it, bad stuff does happen there.

#23 Posted by Zelyre (1132 posts) -

If I'm discovered murdered, I'd want it to look like I put up a fight. Or died with dignity. Not:

Fly open, willy hangin' out, in a pool of your own urine.

And that's if the killer doesn't slump your body forward so your face isn't cradled by the urinal.

#24 Posted by pyromagnestir (4254 posts) -

@Getz said:

I can't even use urinals because I get too nervous to pee. I start thinking about other people's junk, and then I start thinking about how they might be staring at my junk and it's just too much pressure.

Simple solution. Stop worrying about everybody's junk. A. It's highly unlikely anyone in there actually wants to stare at your junk, and B. Even if they did, so what? Anyone wants to watch my junk while I'm peeing, go ahead. As long as they keep their hands to themselves, I don't care what they do. I'm just there to pee.

Easier said then done I suppose. Mental phobias. They're kinda ridiculous. We all have those little hang ups that make no sense when you think about 'em that we just can't get past.

@Zelyre: People who die shit themselves. A little urine? Not that big a deal. And who's to say you didn't put up a fight with your junk out, like a real man.

#25 Posted by crusader8463 (14415 posts) -

I always use the stalls myself.

#26 Posted by MrCaptain (364 posts) -

MrSlapHappys death will be by a man busting out from inside of a urinal.

#27 Posted by SSully (4130 posts) -

@RichmanUK said:

You should watch Citizen Kane. Not because it's got a toilet scene, it's just a good movie. :D

But when will video games have it's Citizen Kane moment?! We need to be respected like other forms of art! We need it!!!!

On Topic: If anything I prefer empty public bathrooms, then you don't have those silence breaking poop drops.

#28 Posted by Toxeia (729 posts) -

My only fear with small public restrooms is that I'll hear a guy eating a sandwich. Used to work at this place where every day for lunch dude would eat his lunch on the toilet in the public restroom claiming "Maximum efficiency, bro." Clearly he was a fan of Maddox.

#29 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

I find it hard to use urinals without partitions. I've been traumatized ever since a mentally hanicapped man used the urinal right next to me in an airport bathroom, and all he did was stare at my junk the entire time.

#30 Posted by believer258 (11685 posts) -

@GetEveryone said:

@StealthRaptor said:

Man, that film is fucking gold.

I couldn't find one without the music...

#31 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3112 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse said:

You should watch American History X.

You should anyway. One of the best movies ever made.

#32 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

I'm more worried of the Kool-Aid man bursting through the wall directly through the urinal I'm using. My fears are mostly irrational.

#33 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4585 posts) -

@SSully said:

@RichmanUK said:

But when will video games have it's Citizen Kane moment?! We need to be respected like other forms of art! We need it!!!!

Austin Powers is the Citizen Kane of public bathroom murders.

#34 Posted by Capum15 (4827 posts) -
@MarkWahlberg said:

@SSully said:

@RichmanUK said:

Austin Powers is the Citizen Kane of public bathroom murders.

Who...does number...two...work...for?!
#35 Posted by Video_Game_King (36121 posts) -

As long as we're recommending TV shows for seemingly no reason, I'll say that you should watch The Legend of Korra.

#36 Posted by JOSHardson (79 posts) -

How has no one pointed out that Dexter Morgan had some very helpful input on murdering?

#37 Posted by BaneFireLord (2913 posts) -
@Getz said:

Pretty much this. Fuck public toilets.
#38 Posted by MiniPato (2721 posts) -

I don't like bathrooms in general. Especially if you have a bathroom with a bathtub and the shower curtain is closed. Or if there's a medicine cabinet above the sink with a mirror on the door. If there's a combination of those two things in a bathroom I am not going to be using it.

#39 Posted by billyhoush (1192 posts) -

That's why you have to constantly let out loud farts.

#40 Posted by Clonedzero (4099 posts) -

my old schools library had this tiny bathroom. just one stall, two urinals and a sink. i only used it once to pee. i was halfway through my piss, someone else walked in and i like froze. my piss stopped but i still had to go, i just awkwardly stood their not moving, not peeing staring at the wall till they pee'd, washed their hands and left. it felt like hours. the instant he left i was going again. it was horrible. i never knew who it was, i never broke my stare at the wall.

just thinking about that makes me anxious, blah!

#41 Posted by Nottle (1912 posts) -

You ever go into public restrooms that have 1 urinal and 1 regular toilet but they are obviously rooms attended for one person because there is no divider or stall? Those are the worst, because you know some girl will come in the restroom to clean it or some asshole won't knock and your life will be ruined.

You should watch Pulp Fiction, bad stuff will always happen when you decide to use the restroom.

#42 Posted by AlianthaBerries (142 posts) -

You should watch L.A. Confidential

#43 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

@AlianthaBerries said:

You should watch L.A. Confidential

Hey, that bathroom definitely wasn't empty.

#44 Posted by ToTheNines (667 posts) -

Once someone snapped my neck while I was doing number 2.

#45 Posted by teh_destroyer (3562 posts) -

You should watch The Walking Dead.

#46 Posted by Flawed_System (388 posts) -

I completely avoid public restrooms.

#47 Posted by MrSlapHappy (178 posts) -

I didn't think this was going to go on this long...cool I guess.

Also, I feel i should note that its not a debilitating "phobia" just a thought I have whenever I am alone in a bathroom like that.

#48 Posted by UncleClassy (405 posts) -
@Toxeia said:

My only fear with small public restrooms is that I'll hear a guy eating a sandwich. Used to work at this place where every day for lunch dude would eat his lunch on the toilet in the public restroom claiming "Maximum efficiency, bro." Clearly he was a fan of Maddox.

One time, some douche prevented me from defecating before one of my 2 hour long lectures for this exact same reason.