• 188 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Jace (1092 posts) -

@FEnergyLegs said:

Wow, I didn't know so much of Giantbomb hates charity. If SmashMouth doesn't go through it isn't only their fault that children die, it is also yours.

You BEST be trolling.

#52 Posted by Marcsman (3120 posts) -

Who blames him?
#53 Edited by Death_Unicorn (2838 posts) -

The thought that people need to see a celebrity eat eggs in order to give money to charity makes me cringe.

#54 Posted by sixpin (1286 posts) -

@bartok said:

@sixpin said:

That is the dumbest thing I've heard today. Why force a man into eating 24 eggs when he clearly doesn't want to? Why not ask him if he'd do something else? That's over 5,000mg of cholesterol and over 1,700 Calories! Are they trying to kill him? I love eggs, but I wouldn't do that either.

The guy who started the challenge stated that the lead singer from Smash Mouth could eat just 24 egg whites served in any manner he pleases. This isn't Cool Hand Luke. If it were me and I was part of a 90's pop band I would eat a 24 egg white omelet with spinach, onions, peppers, and mushrooms. Won't somebody please think of the children?

Still a ridiculous request. Even more insane is to get angry at this guy for not wanting to do something that he never offered to do. As others have said, people's charity shouldn't depend on some guy doing some random act that he obviously doesn't want to do.

#55 Posted by chilibean_3 (1622 posts) -

He was going to eat those eggs to help the dying children but then he was all "fuck it, let's rock."

#56 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -
@Hizang said:

I'd never want to see a chicken again!

I would. Inside my oven. It's reasonable that the guy does not want to do it - at the end of the day, eating 24 eggs is something I couldn't personally do either, so I'm not going to demand that this guy does it as well. Why doesn't the charity just give the money in? That would be kinder to everyone, including the Smash Mouth lead singer.
#57 Posted by Simulacrum (462 posts) -
@dungbootle said:
Don't know how I feel about this.
#58 Edited by Cupids_Hitman (164 posts) -

What does eating 24 eggs have to do with charity? Who came up with that? And why does it have to be him? Find somebody else willing to do it! Leave the guy alone! If he doesn't want to, then oh well! 

Smash Mouth is a crappy band anyways.

#59 Posted by claudius (185 posts) -

I think a little backstory should be given: Twitter user @fart asked the lead singer of Smash Mouth to eat 24 eggs and then asked his followers to help him in his campaign. Since then hundreds of people have pledged thousands of dollars to it. Unfortunately the members of Smash Mouth (and apparently the Giant Bomb community) literally hate the sick/children and want them all to die.

please eat thhe eggs smashmouth. please

#60 Posted by ConstantRa1n (293 posts) -

Eggs are nasty. I'd rather see children die instead of chicks.

#61 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -

What does the 24 eggs have to do with them giving them money? Why not cook those kids a egg breakfast have em give them a high five and be done with it! 

#62 Posted by RenMcKormack (1072 posts) -

shenningans on this being an actual issue and not a new internet sensation.

PS

I would rather Walk on the Sun than eat 24 eggs....boom.

#63 Posted by Sparklykiss (1949 posts) -

Are they deviled eggs? Because I'll eat that many. Just give me a few days off from the world afterwards.

#64 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

This is the most retarded thing I've ever heard. If people want to help save dying children they can go give money to charity, not egg on some guy to eat eggs! 

#65 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Yes, let us all do every pathetic thing we're asked to do "for charity" .. at least come up with something worth doing

#66 Posted by N7 (3573 posts) -

Remember when people gave money to charity to save dying children right off the bat? What happened there? Now we're forcing some asshole most notable for being in that movie "Rat Race" to eat a bunch of eggs to save those children.

#67 Posted by bartok (2425 posts) -
@sixpin: When was the last time anyone ever thought about Smash Mouth?  Some goon just had a wild thought and ran with it.  It is just good wholesome fun not some evil ulterior motive to deprive sick children of much needed funds.
#68 Posted by Loose (419 posts) -

I'm not sure what's more confusing, the fact that someone is being requested to eat 24 eggs for charity or that we're talking about Smash Mouth in 2011?

#69 Edited by Ramone (2959 posts) -

This has to be fake, right? I might just be in a weird mood but this thread is the funniest thing I've seen in about a month.

#70 Edited by CaptainCody (1505 posts) -

Dumbest shit I've every read, you can't save people by eating eggs just fucking donate the money. Lastly, 24 eggs? Not easy.  
EDIT: Also money doesn't save children, if they're actually "dying" from say AIDS or cancer, chances are money already won't save them.
#71 Posted by damswedon (3175 posts) -

No.

#72 Posted by ProfessorEss (7281 posts) -
@Sparklykiss said:

Are they deviled eggs? Because I'll eat that many. Just give me a few days off from the world afterwards.

If they're deviled then I'd say you gotta eat 48 of them seeing as the standard deviled egg is made from half an egg.
#73 Posted by sixpin (1286 posts) -

@bartok: This thread is about a campaign to try and get this guy to do something he doesn't want by guilting him into compliance. That is scummy.

#74 Posted by crusader8463 (14412 posts) -

That's dumb. Forcing someone to do something because of any reason, even charity, is just wrong. If he doesn't want to do it then he doesn't have to. Trying to guilt him into doing it is terrible.

#75 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

You've got to be a fucking asshole if you will only donate to save dying children if there is some entertainment as a stimulus or reward.

#76 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3500 posts) -

Why are you making the singer seem like a bad guy for refusing such a pointless and frankly stupid request? You're smarter than this, LXB...

#77 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

@RenMcKormack said:

shenningans on this being an actual issue and not a new internet sensation.

PS

I would rather Walk on the Sun than eat 24 eggs....boom.

You might as well be

#78 Posted by thedj93 (1237 posts) -

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, inside jokes, so HILARIOUS!

#79 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -
@CL60 said:
But it's a stupid request that makes absolutely no sense.
Totally. Can't blame him for not doing it. It doesn't make him a terrible person. I'm sure he donates plenty to children in need.
#80 Edited by dagas (2746 posts) -

It's called freedom of will, sometimes people choose to do things you don't agree with, but that's a price you pay for having a free choice. As long as he is not actively hurting anyone it is his choice.

#81 Posted by sushisteve (182 posts) -
#82 Posted by TooWalrus (13137 posts) -

Also, eggs are gross.

#83 Posted by ClaritySam (594 posts) -
@mfpantst said:
nothing fucking makes sense anymore.
This.  Oh god, this.....
#84 Posted by PixelPrinny (1030 posts) -

Hey u gaiz I saw something funneh on Something Awful and thought I would perpetuate its stupidity over here. Am I doin it rite?? 

Seriously, what the fuck

#85 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

Its a very assy move to bad mouth ( no pun intended ) a guy because he wont do something. and its an even assyer move to put him in a position where the only "right" thing to do is the thing you don't want to do.

what if i told you that i would give 100 dollars to the make a wish foundation for every man you slept with.

#86 Posted by MiniPato (2721 posts) -

Yeah, unless I see some proof that they pledged any money, I'm calling bullshit troll campaign on this one. If he does go through with it, chances are no money will be donated to anything.

#87 Posted by SefaRed (120 posts) -

It's nice to know that every time I eat scrambled eggs I'm saving a dying child somewhere. Never doubt the power of eggs!

On the other hand just think how many baby chickens yuo'd be saving if you didn't eat the eggs. Hmmm...now I'm conflicted.

#88 Posted by Sparklykiss (1949 posts) -

@ProfessorEss said:

@Sparklykiss said:

If they're deviled then I'd say you gotta eat 48 of them seeing as the standard deviled egg is made from half an egg.

My mind and body are ready. I know that it wouldn't be a true 2 dozen otherwise.

#89 Posted by MrKlorox (11206 posts) -

The only thing stupider than the request is the sensationalism over the refusal.

#90 Posted by Osaladin (2514 posts) -

That's quite a bit of cholesterol in one sitting. I can eat maybe 4-5 eggs depending on how they are prepared, but after a while, eggs kinda get gross the more you eat at the same time.

#91 Posted by oatz (1103 posts) -

It's his choice, let the man live his fucking life.

#92 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

What retard came up with this? If some random organisation just came up to me and told me to shove a pinapple up my arse on camera to save an orphanage, I'd tell them to go to hell.

#93 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

Fuck that!

If I was that dude, I'd eat 23 eggs and then throw the last one at some dying kid and yell "I GOT ALL MY SHREK MONEY! FUCK ALL Y'ALL!"

I'm gonna demand Megan Fox toss my salad and if she refuses, then she's a BAD PERSON!

#94 Posted by defaulttag (890 posts) -

@sixpin said:

That is the dumbest thing I've heard today. Why force a man into eating 24 eggs when he clearly doesn't want to? Why not ask him if he'd do something else? That's over 5,000mg of cholesterol and over 1,700 Calories! Are they trying to kill him? I love eggs, but I wouldn't do that either.

I agree.

#95 Edited by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

So I just saved two dying children this morning when I had breakfast. I'm practically a saint.

I hope whoever made that wish dies slowly, painfully, and without that wish ever coming true. That's about as nice as I'm gonna get with an article this stupid.

#96 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

I bet Rick Fox would do it

#97 Edited by MrKadaver (140 posts) -
http://www.somethingawful.com/d/news/smash-mouth-eggs2.php

This is fucking sick, just read what this guy says:

"Let me have complete control of your body, Smash Mouth. I promise we'll just eat eggs together. Give me the power to move you around and be you for a day. All I'll do is help you eat the eggs, and move your jaw around while I say in a funny voice "Smash Mouth Eating The Eggs" and make funny noises."

I don't care if it's a joke, that's just fucking creepy.
#98 Posted by chilibean_3 (1622 posts) -

Having a bunch of people spam Smash Mouth with requests to "EAT THE EGGS" out of nowhere could be pretty funny. It's when you add the nonsense about him refusing to help a charity and what have you when the gag goes south. It goes from being kind of funny to just a bunch of people being assholes.

#99 Posted by Ragdrazi (2283 posts) -
@chilibean_3 said:

Having a bunch of people spam Smash Mouth with requests to "EAT THE EGGS" out of nowhere could be pretty funny. It's when you add the nonsense about him refusing to help a charity and what have you when the gag goes south. It goes from being kind of funny to just a bunch of people being assholes.

You are correct, sir.
#100 Posted by Random88 (284 posts) -

According to the Make a Wish foundation.  Wasting food saves lives.