• 188 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -

@HandsomeDead said:

@example1013 said:

I'm not reading this, but I'll leave this here. IDGAF if it's been posted.

This thread would be 100x better if ever post were Paul Newman related.

Not enough people respect the Newman, and I'm slightly disappointed that this wasn't in the first 3 pages.

#152 Posted by bartok (2483 posts) -

See Paul Newman ate 50 eggs and went on to create the Hole in the Wall Gang camps that gave hope to thousands of children with life threatening illnesses. So why can't Smashmouth eat less then half that number?

#153 Posted by Weltal (2273 posts) -

Good for him. What a shitty request that does nothing except prove that people fucking idiots. Hey, that money you have raised? Give it to the fucking children, you stupid fucks.

#154 Posted by AjayRaz (12428 posts) -
@TaliciaDragonsong said:
Let the man do whatever the fuck he wants.  Hell, let that charity give those 24 eggs to starving kids instead of wasting them.
this seems much more logical. 
#155 Posted by claudius (185 posts) -

@Beforet said:

How would eating 24 eggs do anything for dying children? Couldn't the children use the nutrients in those eggs more than this guy? Why not give them the eggs? Do they hate children?!

This sort of logic could be used to call anyone who gives money to charity drives an asshole.

Please eat the eggs, smashmouth. please. I know you are reading this. please just eat the eggs.

#156 Posted by McSmunions (582 posts) -
@LordXavierBritish: it's too bad that after everyone is done flooding this guy with emails and tweets and whatever about donating money if he ate some eggs, no one will donate for real. 

OP why don't you send a check to the make a wish foundation anyways? ....oh it was a joke....Fuck you OP.
#157 Posted by Ragdrazi (2283 posts) -

Hey I know, let's make a meme in which we keep asking Smashmouth to eat eggs! It's sure funny right? Hee-yuk-yuk-yuk!

#158 Posted by Krixok (85 posts) -

Complete stupidity.

#159 Posted by Brendan (7813 posts) -

Wait, so a kids dying wish is that the front man for the band Smash Mouth has to eat 24 eggs on camera? I want to get to the charity part, but I just can't get over that.

#160 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

this is just fucking stupid...  24 eggs?  that would just make the man puke

#161 Posted by Veektarius (4844 posts) -

Had a friend in high school who was collecting sponsors for him to fast , the money'd be donated to charity . I asked him what his fasting was doing to help the charity and why people couldn't just donate the money themselves.  he got all defensive.

#162 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

The funniest part about all this is that a thread about an actual charity would never have gotten this much attention.

#163 Posted by Getz (3018 posts) -

hahahahahahaha

#164 Posted by Korne (625 posts) -

If he ate 24 eggs, would he be allowed a wish since he would be dying from all of that cholesterol?

#165 Posted by one_2nd (2359 posts) -

Dying wish: Make Smash Mouth eat 24 eggs

I'd reject it to, that's fucking retarded. 

#166 Posted by MistaSparkle (2148 posts) -

Wow, this kid must REALLY hate Smash Mouth.

#167 Posted by Natesaint (148 posts) -

I know if I were a dying child I would want the frontman of one of the most generic...rock? Pop? What the hell were those guys? Oh yeah, crap. Anyway, I would want the generic singer of a generic band to shove 24 eggs down his throat. The only way this is legit is if this kid wants Steve to die of a heart attack, you know, take someone with him.
#168 Posted by RobertOrri (1131 posts) -

So is the OP actually serious, is he siding with the folks that want, no, demand that he eat 24 eggs?

Shit is messed up.

#169 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -

@LordXavierBritish said:

The funniest part about all this is that a thread about an actual charity would never have gotten this much attention.

People would have still taken it just as seriously, though.

#170 Edited by Nadrick (15 posts) -

eh, thats a weird request and he has the right to say no, but still if it came down to it i don't see why not just eat the eggs, it would be a win-win, kid gets wish, and smashmouth gets a nice amount of  attention. 

i mean come on if i heard that a band helped make-a-wish, id buy their cd's and check them out. 

....and think of the children...not your thighs

#171 Posted by Buscemi (1106 posts) -

Are we talking raw eggs?

#172 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

It is very, very hard to eat that many eggs even spanning a whole day not to mention that it is bad for you. That was a dumb request to begin with.

#173 Posted by NathHaw (2786 posts) -

@CitizenKane said:

It is very, very hard to eat that many eggs even spanning a whole day not to mention that it is bad for you. That was a dumb request to begin with.

Twelve at once was my record. They were scrambled, and they belonged to my roommate. He was mad.

#174 Posted by Pyrgz (256 posts) -

@CitizenKane said:

do you at least enjoy shitting on parades like this or is it just a job for you at this point

#175 Posted by McSmunions (582 posts) -

do people really think this is a request from a dying kid? this shit should be locked.

#176 Posted by LiquidPrince (15952 posts) -

What kind of a request is eat 24 eggs? What the fuck?

#177 Posted by Xeiphyer (5604 posts) -

Why doesn't he just donate some money, I wouldn't eat 24 eggs, that's fucking unhealthy.

Maybe the dude is a vegetarian and doesn't believe in eating eggs.

#178 Posted by HairyMike87 (1016 posts) -

If they want him to do it, they all should do it too so they can see how disgusting it is.

#179 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

His choice and its a reasonable thing to turn down. Its not like eat one egg.

#180 Edited by FEnergyLegs (63 posts) -
@Dagbiker said:

Its a very assy move to bad mouth ( no pun intended ) a guy because he wont do something. and its an even assyer move to put him in a position where the only "right" thing to do is the thing you don't want to do.

what if i told you that i would give 100 dollars to the make a wish foundation for every man you slept with.

I hope you have a LOT of money my friend. 8)
#181 Posted by Jesus (1116 posts) -

Even a mod was tricked. This thread is great.

#182 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -

Fuck no, and fuck those kids.

#183 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2221 posts) -

Kinda sounds like Smash Mouth are being blackmailed into doing this, "eat 24 eggs or we won't donate to poor dying children". I couldn't imagine eating 24 eggs I would be completely sick and would never eat eggs again.

#184 Posted by RobertOrri (1131 posts) -

Heh, checked this thread again, googled a bit and figured out the joke. Can't believe I fell for such a silly idea in the first place!

#185 Posted by ThePickle (4184 posts) -

Eating the eggs wouldn't magically save these kids. It would just appease this weird request and make them feel okay before they die.

#186 Edited by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -

So, it would take about a thousand grams of protein to kill someone, and each egg is about 6 grams of protein. In summation: I'm going to go eat a bunch of eggs. If anyone wants to know how it goes, send me an email at benstillerfagot69@verizon.net.

#187 Posted by FEnergyLegs (63 posts) -
@Hockeymask27 said:
His choice and its a reasonable thing to turn down. Its not like eat one egg.
Every good story is about someone overcoming some sort of unspeakable odds in order to accomplish something. And I'll fuckin tell you most of it is a helluva lot harder than eating one egg. What kind of story would Legend of Zelda be if Link decided to fuck off all the Hyrulian children because he only wanted to eat ONE egg? Or maybe he didn't even LIKE eggs!?! And it wasn't even Link's choice to be a hero, he was chosen. 

If SmashMouth went through with this shit they'd be HEROES. I love that everyone here is so apathetic that they don't even give a shit about heroics anymore. Its for CHILDREN goddammit!
#188 Posted by FizzleNizzleBear (335 posts) -

The stupid thing about this is that the guy made a medical research fund after his kid died