DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

Edited By DBoy

Couldn't come up with one.  Sue me.

First off, Happy Thanksgiving to all you Americans out there.  Hope you enjoy yourselves with family and friends and try to forget about the horrible recession that is rearing it's ugly head.

I decided to take Friday off.  The main reason for this is that I have a couple of "floaty days" left to take before the end of the year, so I guess it's as good a time as any to take a day off.  Tomorrow night (Thursday), I'm going to the store with my father to buy him his Christmas gift: a 42" Plasma HDTV from LG.  I saw one on sale for $899 and, since he's been talking about getting rid of his old 32" boob tube, I thought I'd buy one for him for the Holidays.  He's quite happy about it.

I'm also getting a Nintendo Wii for my 5-year-old nephew for Christmas.  Can you believe that there is still a shortage going on after 2 years?  My sister and I have been hunting high and low for one for the past 2 weeks or so and couldn't find any.  However, I was talking with one of my buddies at work today about this very situation and he goes "Hmmm, let me make a phone call and I'll get back to you after lunch".  Surely enough, he arrives at my desk right after lunch and says "Found one!  Well, actually found 17..."  Seventeen?!  He then informed me that Microplay, a sub-division of my very own company, didn't just buy and sell video games, they also bought and sold game consoles, which is a very well kept secret.  The guy he talked to had 17 of them in stock and put one aside for me.  Sadly, this will only be the console, one Wii-Mote and Wii Sports and not the wonderful Mario Kart Wii bundle that I saw at Future Shop.  Ah well, at least we've found one, and we can always buy the extra stuff elsewhere.

I've pretty much made up my mind on which games I'll be selling this weekend.  I've also changed my mind about Dead Space.  I'll hang onto the game for a little while longer and try to get back into it after the Holidays are done.  I'll let you know the complete list on this weekend's DBoy's Den.  Speaking of which, the week-long Game of the Year Top Ten Countdown will take place during the final week of December.  I'm hoping it'll give me enough time to finish Fallout 3 and, hopefully, MGS 4.

Played a bit of Fallout 3 last night and actually made my way out of Vault 101.  I'm playing on Easy (wuss, remember?) and I'm enjoying the game much more than I did for Oblivion.  I'm thinking it has something to do with the futuristic setting more than anything else.  The VATS are a very welcome game mechanic too.  I'll have more detailed impressions to give you guys in this weekend's video blog.

On that note, I'll leave you with a song I've been singing all day today.  Enjoy!

And here's another funny one from the same Group.

DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#1  Edited By DBoy

Couldn't come up with one.  Sue me.

First off, Happy Thanksgiving to all you Americans out there.  Hope you enjoy yourselves with family and friends and try to forget about the horrible recession that is rearing it's ugly head.

I decided to take Friday off.  The main reason for this is that I have a couple of "floaty days" left to take before the end of the year, so I guess it's as good a time as any to take a day off.  Tomorrow night (Thursday), I'm going to the store with my father to buy him his Christmas gift: a 42" Plasma HDTV from LG.  I saw one on sale for $899 and, since he's been talking about getting rid of his old 32" boob tube, I thought I'd buy one for him for the Holidays.  He's quite happy about it.

I'm also getting a Nintendo Wii for my 5-year-old nephew for Christmas.  Can you believe that there is still a shortage going on after 2 years?  My sister and I have been hunting high and low for one for the past 2 weeks or so and couldn't find any.  However, I was talking with one of my buddies at work today about this very situation and he goes "Hmmm, let me make a phone call and I'll get back to you after lunch".  Surely enough, he arrives at my desk right after lunch and says "Found one!  Well, actually found 17..."  Seventeen?!  He then informed me that Microplay, a sub-division of my very own company, didn't just buy and sell video games, they also bought and sold game consoles, which is a very well kept secret.  The guy he talked to had 17 of them in stock and put one aside for me.  Sadly, this will only be the console, one Wii-Mote and Wii Sports and not the wonderful Mario Kart Wii bundle that I saw at Future Shop.  Ah well, at least we've found one, and we can always buy the extra stuff elsewhere.

I've pretty much made up my mind on which games I'll be selling this weekend.  I've also changed my mind about Dead Space.  I'll hang onto the game for a little while longer and try to get back into it after the Holidays are done.  I'll let you know the complete list on this weekend's DBoy's Den.  Speaking of which, the week-long Game of the Year Top Ten Countdown will take place during the final week of December.  I'm hoping it'll give me enough time to finish Fallout 3 and, hopefully, MGS 4.

Played a bit of Fallout 3 last night and actually made my way out of Vault 101.  I'm playing on Easy (wuss, remember?) and I'm enjoying the game much more than I did for Oblivion.  I'm thinking it has something to do with the futuristic setting more than anything else.  The VATS are a very welcome game mechanic too.  I'll have more detailed impressions to give you guys in this weekend's video blog.

On that note, I'll leave you with a song I've been singing all day today.  Enjoy!

And here's another funny one from the same Group.

stevieq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By stevieq

I love ths shfifty five video.

*Watches again*

I'm doing my GOTY in early Jan. so I can have time to play the game I buy around Xmas and Boxing Day.

Avatar image for deactivated-65f9e2f09d481
deactivated-65f9e2f09d481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

shhffty five! I ordered a Wii on Amazon.co.uk and it should be here tomorrow. Just the console (Wii Sports) and one free game.

frankthelizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By frankthelizard

unfortunately I wasnt able to sell my PSP today. I need my parents to take me to the store but they were preparing for thanksgivng, so i guess i have to wait until friday to play gears and fallout. damn.

JamesF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5  Edited By JamesF

Mmmm... turkey tomorrow. I can't wait!

temperedvortex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By temperedvortex

nice! a wii and a plasma tv are great gifts

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Bruce
Avatar image for lightwarrior179
lightwarrior179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8  Edited By lightwarrior179

Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Have fun completing Fallout 3 and MGS4 and looking forward to your Game of the Year countdown.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By Claude

Have fun playing Fallout shwam... no doo... no two and heif... no, crap, I give up. Have fun.

Quadrifoglio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Quadrifoglio

In Denmark, there is definitely not a supply issue with the Wii. I haven't seen a single store where they were sold out.

ElectricHaggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ElectricHaggis

I think there are plenty of Wii's over here in the U.K.  Although I'm not sure if they've been selling out recently, I've not been paying attention since I got mine.  I'm glad you're enjoying Fallout 3.

time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By time allen

hehe, have not seen those videos in a looooong time. (so long that I had to add all those extra o's)

darro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By darro

I think the Wii is more available now in most places but still probably hard to get in areas like your own.  I never had to worry about that anyway since I got it on launch.  And you are a wuss for playing on Easy. :P

AndyWilliams24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By AndyWilliams24

Hehe these are the video's I spent my childhood watching. Good times.

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By gearhead

"and try to forget about the horrible recession that is rearing it's ugly head." I actually did until you mentioned it. Thanks. : P

BraindeadRacr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By BraindeadRacr

Oooh, a potential buyer for my Wii. *evil laugh*

Avatar image for deactivated-a5c97f
deactivated-a5c97f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

That is a really nice gift for your dad.

I hope you have a nice long wekeend

GrandMachismo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By GrandMachismo

lol, that shfifty five video had me rolling, nice find!