#1 Posted by Luca717 (130 posts) -

yea, im just chilling at work, and its dead, and its snowing like crazy, the roads are a mess. whats everyone up to? lol

#2 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1478 posts) -

Staying home because fuck going outside.

#3 Posted by believer258 (12207 posts) -

I wish it was snowing here. That way, I wouldn't be skipp... er, I would be outside making snowmen.

#4 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3997 posts) -

Starting to come down hard in Massachusetts, going to get much worse tonight I guess. A few feet are expected I think. I'm hunkering down, going to play some games man. Got the day off work so it's all good.

#5 Posted by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

Living in AZ. Enjoying the cooler (~70F) weather.

#6 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4610 posts) -

Yeah, heard some places gonna get hit pretty hard this weekend. Stay safe duders.

#7 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

Supposedly getting around two feet where I live in Massachusetts. My town has a nasty habit of losing power when there is even the slightest bit of harsh weather. Gah, I hope that doesn't happen this time around.

#8 Posted by BisonHero (7063 posts) -

My school canceled all their classes today, so I'm just fucking around. And work just called saying they want me to come in early tonight (somebody else probably blew off their shift), so gonna be making that sweet overtime money for working a 12-hour shift. 7PM-7AM, baby.

#9 Posted by Icemo (659 posts) -

I always find it funny when people say that they have day off work when it snows. But I also envy them since winters are way too long here near the arctic circle.

#10 Posted by Deranged (1859 posts) -

Yay for cancelled classes! While I'm not complaining, the part of Canada where I live (Ontario), these type of snowfalls used to be referred to as casual.

#11 Posted by Jay_Ray (1133 posts) -

Living in Vancouver, wondering why everyone else in Canada lives in places that can reach -20 Celsius. No really, why would anyone live in a place that can get that cold?

#12 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

@Jay_Ray said:

Living in Vancouver, wondering why everyone else in Canada lives in places that can reach -20 Celsius. No really, why would anyone live in a place that can get that cold?

Because that's where my house is.

I'm in Nova Scotia and it hasn't started yet. The sky is foreboding though.

#13 Posted by Brendan (8161 posts) -

I drove in to work in Hamilton, Ontario and back an hour later. It was...fun?

#14 Posted by MikkaQ (10344 posts) -

I'm at home working my ass off.

#15 Posted by Live2bRighteous (315 posts) -

The world decided to blow down about 8 inches of snow over here in Illinois. Thankfully though, I found out late night snow plowing makes me think of weird creative ideas for some reason.

#16 Posted by Kidavenger (3629 posts) -

I'm in Ottawa, it's hardly snowing here, I was hoping for a lot more than this.

#17 Edited by Ducksworth (662 posts) -

Working from home. I actually had to step outside for a sec and it was pretty bad, nothing's been cleaned at all. On the way back there was someone who's car was stuck in the snow so I started pushing from the back, but they ended up driving onto the curb so another guy came in and helped direct the person from the front but it was still a really small car and it wasn't getting very far. Got it eventually though.

#18 Posted by Vanek (383 posts) -

I wish it would snow here just as a change from constantly pissing down with rain. It always seems to start right as I step out the door to go to work as well. =(

#19 Posted by GrantHeaslip (1606 posts) -

For the first time this winter, I can’t open my balcony door, so there’s that. I work from home most of the time, don’t drive, am within a couple of blocks of everything I need, and live at the intersection of two streetcar lines, so these storms are never a huge deal for me. Certainly not a big enough deal to complain about.

I made the surprisingly prudent decision to go grocery shopping yesterday, so there’s no reason whatsoever for me to leave my apartment.

#20 Posted by TobbRobb (4848 posts) -

It only just started snowing for you guys? Goddammit. I've suffered through almost 2 months now, and I can expect 2 more.

I wish winter would just end already...

#21 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3925 posts) -

Yup. Getting a ton. Deciding when to go clean off the drive way or if I'm gonna bother till its done. Rewatching Breaking Bad in the mean time.

#22 Posted by Ducksworth (662 posts) -

@TobbRobb said:

It only just started snowing for you guys? Goddammit. I've suffered through almost 2 months now, and I can expect 2 more.

The weather has been kind of wonky. I think two weeks ago there was a hell of a snow storm and the accumulated snow lasted for a few days, everything melted in a few days and got kinda dry...and then it stated snowing again. I think I can recall three "storms" where I looked out the window and decided going to work wasn't worth it. In general though, it's been following the pattern of "a lot of snow, melting, looks like it's getting warm maybe, a lot of snow".

#23 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

Schools here in SD for what I thought was the expected snow but NOPE. Cancelled due to illness. School was quarantined. We're all fucked.

#24 Posted by MildMolasses (3229 posts) -

@Kidavenger said:

I'm in Ottawa, it's hardly snowing here, I was hoping for a lot more than this.

Really? I'm out in Carp. It's not at blizzard levels or anything, but we've had pretty constant snow all day

#25 Posted by GrantHeaslip (1606 posts) -

@Ducksworth said:

@TobbRobb said:

The weather has been kind of wonky. I think two weeks ago there was a hell of a snow storm and the accumulated snow lasted for a few days, everything melted in a few days and got kinda dry...and then it stated snowing again. I think I can recall three "storms" where I looked out the window and decided going to work wasn't worth it. In general though, it's been following the pattern of "a lot of snow, melting, looks like it's getting warm maybe, a lot of snow".

Yeah, that’s pretty much it. It’s been a weird winter, but the last couple were as well as I recall. The summers have been commensurately brutal.

I worry this may just be the new normal. Luckily, our Federal government is on the ball when it comes to global warming.

#26 Posted by chocolaterhinovampire (1298 posts) -

I caught the bus to school to do some work even though classes are cancelled...helped get two cars out of the snow while waiting for bus. The city of Thorold needs some snow plough attention.

#27 Posted by Luca717 (130 posts) -

i left my house at 7:45 and got to work by 10. the sad thing is my house to the building i work at is only a 20 minute drive

#28 Posted by superkebabi (37 posts) -

Only school here in Toronto that didn't cancel all classes was the University of Toronto. Because we're hardcore like that.