• 119 results
#1 Edited by EvilDingo (589 posts) -

Partly inspired by a segment in Ben Heck's podcast this week, and me watching Total Recall with my big brother this weekend, I'm thinking about arranging a bad-film-night with some friends. 

This idea was further enhanced by me being at the mall with a friend yesterday, and we came across some cheap movies with the most ridiculous titles like "Russian Ninja" and "Attack of the 50 foot woman". These two titles was even packed together, as if there's any genre-overlap between those two titles.

I was wondering if anybody have any recommendations, that fit the statement: "so bad, it's good" 

Personally I would recommend Dracula 3000 for anyone, considering holding a similar movie-night. 
It's really baffling to me, how this movies was ever conceived - or how it was backed with funding at all.

#2 Edited by S0ndor (2715 posts) -

Transmorphers, without a doubt.

The Jaws sequels.

James Cameron's first movie.

#3 Posted by NoDeath (798 posts) -
#4 Posted by Asrahn (552 posts) -

U.S Seals.

Some B, if not C action movie I saw ages ago. It's awesome.

#5 Posted by DevinC (15 posts) -

A personal favourite of mine is the Evil Dead trilogy.
#6 Posted by Shirogane (3563 posts) -

Hmm... 
Some parts of Uwe Boll movies? But only those specific parts. As a whole, they're so bad they're beyond the so bad, it's good thing.
#7 Posted by tranquilchaos (573 posts) -

Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter

#8 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3617 posts) -
#9 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -

#10 Posted by RoujinX (419 posts) -

#11 Edited by EvilDingo (589 posts) -
@NoDeath:  
Ugh, The Wickerman. Yeah, that's bad - but not really in a entertaining way. It's just dull. 

@Asrahn:  
about U.S. Seals. Isn't that the one with Charlie Sheen or something. 
I can't be to sure - has been ages since I saw it... more specifically, I believe it was still new when I saw it. 

Edit: no, the one with Charlie Sheen was Navy Seals - and was from 1990. 
U.S. Seal is from 1999
#12 Posted by HistoryInRust (6274 posts) -

The Wicker Man pretty much wins this thread.

#13 Posted by TheHendenpeter (47 posts) -
#14 Posted by EvilDingo (589 posts) -
@S0ndor said:
" Transmorphers, without a doubt."
HEH... I actually just thought that was a joke on the Bombcast :-) 
#15 Edited by PenguinDust (12450 posts) -
Dragon Wars.  It's a horrible, horrible movie about an evil guy who comes back from the past to wage war on modern day Los Angeles with an army of dragons.  Only some moody reporter and a girl who may be a reincarnated princess can stop him.  Dragons fight helicopters and tanks in the city streets, what more could you ask for?  The acting and story are laughably bad but the effects are good enough to save the movie from being complete trash.  Here is a snippet of the movie from You Tube: Dragon Wars Teaser

And, if you haven't seen Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li that is another I would recommend but only for the Chris Klein scenes.  Everything in that movie was mind-bogglingly bad, but Klein brought it to such another level that I eventually looked forward to him being on screen.  He chewed up the dialog as if it was a stale wad of bubblegum and I found it mesmerizing.  His delivery was so hokey that I giggled with glee each time he appeared.  Sadly, no one else in the film ever achieves the same level of cheesiness.  Kreuk is lifeless throughout, but I'd still recommend the movie if for Chris Klein alone.  Here is a You Tube music video someone spliced together featuring Klein's best/worst lines. Chris Klein is on the Case
#16 Posted by Asrahn (552 posts) -
@EvilDingo: 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0195366/

Sheen's not in it, you may be thinking of Hot Shots. Fitzpatrick stars in the main role. The entire movie is just riddled with camera mistakes, inexplicable action scenes, incomprehensive yet terribly simple story (They just go places and do shit that doesn't make any sense), enough to make it hilarious. Me and my old LAN buddies use to get together once every year, fairly close to christmas, and watch it for laughs.
#17 Posted by OutOfBounds9000 (2300 posts) -
@RoujinX said:
"

"
oh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
#18 Posted by EvilDingo (589 posts) -
@Asrahn:  
Yeah, I did find it myself to (also corrected myself) 

The one with Charlie Sheen is Navy Seals - which probably is a descent enough action flick, and hardly "so bad, it's good"-material :-)
#19 Posted by ProfessorEss (7281 posts) -

Just look up Schwarzenegger on IMDB and you'll get a pretty good list of awesome-bad movies.

#20 Posted by Oriental_Jams (3063 posts) -
@NoDeath:  
#21 Posted by SuperSambo (2853 posts) -

#22 Posted by Colonel_Fury (453 posts) -

Any of the four Deathstalker films. They are absolutely terrible but amazingly awesome. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA42DDrjrUQ

#23 Edited by The_Tolman (429 posts) -
#24 Posted by skrutop (3615 posts) -

Buckaroo Banzai is pretty "awful-some" (new word!).  Though that was pretty much the point:

So you have Jeff Goldblum, John Lithgow, Christopher Lloyd, and RoboCop!
#25 Posted by hidys (1029 posts) -

surf ninjas

#26 Posted by TheLawnWrangler (1656 posts) -

Tommy Wiseau's THE ROOM 

YOU ARE TEARING ME AP ART, LIS A

i personally believe it is the worst movie ever made, and it might be on purpose...

#27 Posted by ApertureSilence (1155 posts) -

Road House, Point Break

#28 Posted by harvey_the_pooka (271 posts) -
@Colonel_Fury said:
" Any of the four Deathstalker films. They are absolutely terrible but amazingly awesome.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA42DDrjrUQ "
The NERD did about these....
#29 Posted by Colonel_Fury (453 posts) -
@harvey_the_pooka said:
" @Colonel_Fury said:
" Any of the four Deathstalker films. They are absolutely terrible but amazingly awesome.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA42DDrjrUQ "
The NERD did about these.... "
 His review-ish thing was pretty spot on about them.
#30 Posted by EvilDingo (589 posts) -
@skrutop said:
" Buckaroo Banzai is pretty "awful-some" (new word!).  Though that was pretty much the point:

So you have Jeff Goldblum, John Lithgow, Christopher Lloyd, and RoboCop! "
That... looks... awesome - eh - awfulsome! 
Didn't see Christopher Lloyd though.
#31 Posted by skrutop (3615 posts) -
@EvilDingo said:

" @skrutop said:

" Buckaroo Banzai is pretty "awful-some" (new word!).  Though that was pretty much the point:
     So you have Jeff Goldblum, John Lithgow, Christopher Lloyd, and RoboCop! "

That... looks... awesome - eh - awfulsome! Didn't see Christopher Lloyd though. "
He plays an evil alien named John Bigboote ("It's pronounced Big Boo Tay!")
#32 Posted by Willy105 (4688 posts) -
#33 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3105 posts) -
@Shirogane said:
"Hmm... Some parts of Uwe Boll movies? But only those specific parts. As a whole, they're so bad they're beyond the so bad, it's good thing. "

this.
#34 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3105 posts) -

The clips from The Wicker Man made me laugh out loud. That didn't look like a bad movie either. Damn.
#35 Posted by Binman88 (3684 posts) -

Under Siege!

#36 Posted by btman (1038 posts) -

Kung Pow    i LOVE that movie

#37 Posted by SuperfluousMoniker (2907 posts) -

Adult Swim was airing The Room last night. That movie is awful.

#38 Posted by animateria (3252 posts) -

#39 Posted by Slax (894 posts) -
#40 Posted by frankfartmouth (1016 posts) -

You guys are all so wrong. It's Extreme Justice, starring Lou Diamond Phillips, Scott Glenn, and Yaphet Kotto. It's absolutely the worst piece of shit I have ever seen. But it is nothing short of hysterical, it's so goddamned, putrefyingly awful. Total Recall is corny, yes, but it's actually not a bad story (based on a Philip K. Dick short), it's just the corny Arnie treatment that makes it somewhat laughable. And yes, Wicker Man pretty much butchered the original. But Extreme Justice makes both of those movies look like award season darlings. My friends and I accidentally caught it on late night cable and laughed our asses off the whole time. If you've ever wanted to see what it looks like when even Lou Diamond Philips stoops to a new low, then this is your movie 
#41 Posted by Damien (1384 posts) -

THE ROOM!

#42 Posted by AgentofChaos (1565 posts) -
#43 Posted by Xeiphyer (5595 posts) -

The evil dead movies, especially Army of Darkness. 

And also I would recommend Hudson Hawk. Bruce Willis is in it, its fucking amazing. SO WEIRD.

#44 Edited by 21stCenturyJesus (175 posts) -
@EvilDingo:

check out The Marine and Tokyo Drift 

Edit: oh and try Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
#45 Posted by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -

The Room.

#46 Posted by Andheez (578 posts) -
@Oriental_Jams: 
Google - Nicholas Cage Pachinko

Enjoy
#47 Edited by Kazzurak (366 posts) -

The worst movie ive ever seen that was SO bad it made me laugh is deifnetly "Dark star" theres no word to describe how shitty that movie was

#48 Posted by Gabriel (4055 posts) -

Son in Law..... 

#49 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -
#50 Posted by CharkeeFarlee (896 posts) -