#1 Edited by Mageman (352 posts) -

For people who don't know who the guy is, he is a 17 year old Chi-town rapper who recently released his first album. He is known for being..well..a bad person, involved in acts of violence and laughing at the death of a rival rapper.

But anyway there are speculations all over the internet if he actually has a form of autism or something similar because of his mannerisms he portrays in interviews and also his seeming lack of empathy. What do you think of this, does this whole ''oh he has aspergers'' thing carry any weight ? Can it be something completely different ? Can it just be copious amounts of dope ("all day all night" remember ?)

Some vidoes

#2 Posted by Clonedzero (3726 posts) -

he's probably just an asshole

#3 Posted by VilhelmNielsen (1733 posts) -

I have never heard of him, and frankly I don't care if that's an act, if he has Aspergers, or if he just doesn't care, but that Childish Gambino video was hilarious. Gotta love Gambino.

#4 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4281 posts) -

I know what keef is but what's a chief keef?

#5 Posted by Jace (1092 posts) -

Donald must've had a lot of patience. Holy shit.

#6 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

All over the Internet?

Who gives a fuck.

Fuck.

#7 Posted by FourWude (2261 posts) -

On a side note, is it true that Uncle Phil and Jeffrey from the Fresh Prince of Bel Air are gay. I heard on some rap forums that they kept that shit on the downlow.

#8 Posted by Trainer_Red (314 posts) -

You can have autistic and still be an asshole.

#9 Posted by UitDeToekomst (662 posts) -

Why do people all over the internet care what made up 'syndrome' an inconsequential pop culture flash-in-the-pan may or may not be labelled with?

#10 Posted by Brodehouse (9370 posts) -

Isn't Childish Gambino a Persona monster?

#11 Posted by bvilleneuve (265 posts) -

He just seems stoned and shy. You can't can't can't diagnose shit like that by looking through the extremely limited lens provided by minor celebrity.

#12 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -

Well at least he makes great, trashy, music.  It sounds similar as hell but its fun to dance to. 

#13 Posted by beepmachine (614 posts) -

Just because he's an asshole doesn't mean he has Asperger's. If he has a lack of empathy, odds are more that he's just a fucking asshole. His "music" says as much. People should stop paying attention to this guy and take notice of rappers who are actually making good music.

#14 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3595 posts) -

Still THE Chief Keef banger

#15 Posted by ajamafalous (11592 posts) -
@UitDeToekomst said:

made up 'syndrome'

:/
#16 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4281 posts) -

@ajamafalous said:

@UitDeToekomst said:

made up 'syndrome'

yeah, seriously

#17 Posted by Andorski (5111 posts) -

@FourWude said:

On a side note, is it true that Uncle Phil and Jeffrey from the Fresh Prince of Bel Air are gay. I heard on some rap forums that they kept that shit on the downlow.

You just fucked up part of my childhood.

#18 Posted by UitDeToekomst (662 posts) -

@ajamafalous said:

@UitDeToekomst said:

made up 'syndrome'

i realize my choice of words could be viewed as insensitive. My intention is not to offend, but to bring to people's attention that both syndromes in general and the creation of so-called Asperger syndrome specifically are vague, overused and detrimental to society as a whole. My apologies if anyone is offended.

#19 Posted by TheHT (10287 posts) -

@Clonedzero said:

he's probably just an asshole

#20 Posted by Milkman (16228 posts) -

AUTISM

THAT'S THAT SHIT I DON'T LIKE

#21 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3595 posts) -

@UitDeToekomst said:

@ajamafalous said:

@UitDeToekomst said:

made up 'syndrome'

i realize my choice of words could be viewed as insensitive. My intention is not to offend, but to bring to people's attention that both syndromes in general and the creation of so-called Asperger syndrome specifically are vague, overused and detrimental to society as a whole. My apologies if anyone is offended.

#22 Edited by HerbieBug (3850 posts) -

@UitDeToekomst said:

@ajamafalous said:

@UitDeToekomst said:

made up 'syndrome'

Asperger's was introduced in the DSM-IV (1994) as a way to differentiate autistic people who had language impairments/delays during childhood (classic autism) from those who did not (Asperger's and, to a lesser extent, PDD-NOS). Besides that difference, Asperger's diagnostic criteria is very similar to classic autism. Now, the existence of Asperger's and PDD-NOS are considered to be adding complexity to the autism spectrum that is not really necessary. Asperger's syndrome and PDD-NOS will be folded into the greater spectrum of Autism Spectrum Disorders for the new DSM-V due to be released next year. That does not mean that Asperger's syndrome is no longer recognized, they are merely removing the extra classification to denote lack of childhood language development delay. Those currently classified as having Asperger's will henceforth be referred to as Autism Spectrum Disorder along with a suffix to that to denote the individual's level of functioning.

As for the rest of this thread, all I will say is that it is impolite and foolish to speak so authoritatively about a subject that you do not understand.

#23 Posted by GnomeonFire (644 posts) -

People with aspergers do not lack empathy, sympathy or general understanding.

#24 Posted by envane (1156 posts) -

i have aspergers and i really couldnt give a fuck about what a few ignorant people think about it as a whole .. but frankly i think most of the best people in the world rank somehwere in the autism spectrum.

If anything discussions like this bring awareness that most creative people end up under the lens of non creative people as if they have some kind of problem .. i think any gangster rapper since the 90s has had some serious delusions of grandeur.

now im not going anywhere with this .. tbh the most insulting discussion about aspergers/autism i have been witness to was the one sparked by patrick klepeks interview with an autistic gamer.

oh and cheef keef just smokes aloooot hehe ..

#25 Posted by Hailinel (22718 posts) -

Never heard of this guy.

#26 Posted by Sploder (917 posts) -

Nah he's a 17 year old boy who's been wildly successful, of course he's gonna be an asshole.

#27 Posted by DeathByWaffle (619 posts) -

@Brodehouse: I think it was Childish Bambino in the game, but I can't say for sure. It's impossible to find out online, when I try to search for it all I find it Childish Gambino songs.

#28 Posted by VoshiNova (1594 posts) -

Nah, he's just a really nervous seventeen year-old. Also, weed.

#29 Posted by Sanity (1853 posts) -

I think theres no correlation, shitty people can have stuff wrong with them but it dont mean its the cause. Theres tons of decent people with these disorders.

#30 Edited by Cianyx (47 posts) -

having social skills that's that shit i don't like

#31 Posted by BaconGames (3137 posts) -

Two points:

1) Mental illness is probably something being overlooked in a variety of communities in the united states, so I wouldn't be surprised

2) There's literally no point in trying to derive anything of the sort from the vantage point of the internet.

#32 Posted by ReVamp (28 posts) -

Love Childish.

And nah, he's just stoned.