So, has anyone else listened to and liked Bangerz?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Bangerz obviously being Miley Cyrus' new album. It finally showed up on Spotify tonight and I was bored so I decided to give it a listen through. And man, I really like it she kind of jumps all around the first few songs see her jumping from Opening with a really well done ballad in "Adore You" (also most likely my favorite song) then goes on to hit you with a Hip-hop beat inspired pop song with Britney Spears and then right after that 4x4 a country almost do-si-do sounding song with Nelly of all people. I really loved some of the later songs on the Album too like her collab with French Montana "FU" although I think the Album is front loaded with most of the good stuff. I think the Pharell Williams produced #GETITRIGHT (yes there is a hashtag in the name of the song) could have potential for single status.

I'm going to expect most of you to hate it but for any of you who actually do like a few of the songs on the Album what are your favorites?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

I only like mash

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I'm open-minded but the song you have embedded here is awful...IMO. sounds like a weird Nicki Manaj mash-up and Miley doesn't have the gravitas to pull it off.

tsutohiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By tsutohiro

This "song" is terrible.

Edit: I tried listening again, twice, and almost killed everyone.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stryker1121: Hey, tastes and all. My favorite track on the entire thing is this one though.

Loading Video...

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm open-minded but the song you have embedded here is awful...IMO. sounds like a weird Nicki Manaj mash-up and Miley doesn't have the gravitas to pull it off.

With precious few exceptions, pop music has been shit since the late 90s. Judging from that song, Miley Cyrus is not one of those exceptions.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think the song wreckingball is bad, and the video was trying way too hard. Not sure I want to waste 50 minutes of my life to see if its better than my expectations for it are (which wouldn't take much because its beyond low).

And its official, the 80's are dead again

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By zeushbien

@demoskinos:

That's actually a really pleasant song. (the last one you linked)

tsutohiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By tsutohiro

I think the song wreckingball is bad, and the video was trying way too hard. Not sure I want to waste 50 minutes of my life to see if its better than my expectations for it are (which wouldn't take much because its beyond low).

On the contrary. Wrecking Ball is a badass song. I like to think of it not-unlike a Tool song, it has a second meaning. Its like Lucifer's eulogy.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RonGalaxy

@tsutohiro: I think it sounds like a standard pop song that takes absolutely no risks. As for meaning, I could care less, but its about her breaking up with thors younger brother... And that's it....

Edit: wait, this is sarcasm isnt it? It just has to be

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12  Edited By Nodima

It's ok, her best album which isn't saying much but is saying something. Mike Will really disappointed me, I know Miley is one of the few poptarts who can actually hold some notes so it's a bit disappointing that he didn't give her some of the heavier, more tantalizing stuff he's done with people like Kelly Rowland, Ciara and Jeremih. Miley wants to be seen as sexy but so much of it comes off as self-referential irony, especially on a lot of the album cuts, that it's impossible to take her any more seriously than a Barbie doll. Of all the teenstresses to make the leap to adulthood, hers is definitely the flimsiest (and Beyoncé continues to be the queen of this growing up Hollywood shit).

But again, something like this from Miley would be really interesting, I think:

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

tsutohiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tsutohiro: I think it sounds like a standard pop song that takes absolutely no risks. As for meaning, I could care less, but its about her breaking up with thors younger brother... And that's it....

Oh. I did not know that. You're obviously far more invested in pop-culture than I am.

For the record though, Thor was the first born.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RonGalaxy

@tsutohiro Not in pop culture, pop music (which is apart of pop culture). There is good pop music, but this isnt it; that's all I'm sayin

Also, no. Chris Hemsworth (Thor) is 30. Liam (the one miley dated) is 23.

Edit: wait, why did you say he was the first born like you were disagreeing with me. I said Thor's younger brother... Messing me up dawg

tsutohiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By tsutohiro

This should've been a poll...IMO.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm really disappointed that the rumor that Tyler, the Creator was going to be featured on the album turned out untrue. That definitely would freaked out some tweens.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll reserve judgment until I listen to it fked up. Seems like it's club tracks, can't listen to that while sober and expect to enjoy it much, at least for a new album.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman: Yeah, I remember a picture of Tyler and Miley surfacing awhile ago. Man, that would have been great. Because yeah, I don't think the majority of that demographic would know how to handle Tyler.

GeekDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Of course I haven't. Why would I put myself through that. Intentionally listening to her music would pretty much be classified as self-harm.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By EuanDewar

It's a decently good pop album. I feel like anyone with strong feelings one way or the other is being a bit silly.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: That last link you shared is the kind of thing I'd like to hear more from this girl...at least in theory. The actual song's a bit shallow and I don't love her voice here, sounds a little flat. I guess I'm just not into Miley :(

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like that Wrecking Ball song

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

There's parts of We Can't Stop that ain't bad. Like, I could see what they were going for, and she almost gets there.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By wjb

It's an okay album. "#GETITRIGHT" and maybe the one with Nelly are decent songs, but I don't particularly care for most mainstream pop music. Or I'm just really picky about what I like in mainstream pop (Beyonce; some Lady Gaga).

I rarely say this because I like some weird singers/vocalists, but I never liked Miley Cyrus' voice, so it's kind of a non-starter for me.

Dot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Scampbell

Not a fan but music is personal thing, if it sounds good to you that is great, listen to what you like, not what is "cool".

Avatar image for nicktorious_big
nicktorious_big

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

The two songs that I can be okay with are We Can't Stop and Wrecking Ball. I don't really care for anything else on the album really.

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't say I'm personally a huge fan of this type of music, although I will fully admit to getting some of the songs stuck in my head for days (We Can't Stop is actually a good song). But it's undeniable that she's very talented. And I like that she's doing her own thing and not giving a fuck what people think.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Bought it with some old points I had, and was happily amused. Its a shame Tyler Creator and Pharell didn't end up being on the album, though.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a little too old for this type of music I think, and I'm getting very tired of her in general from seing her in the Norwegian internet newspapers every day(where she appears cause she can't seem to keep her clothes on most of the time)

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Wow, this is truly awful. I can't remember the last time I heard something so bad, actually.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#34  Edited By Sooperspy

I think its a pretty awful album overall. I love We Can't Stop and Drive is growing on me. Wrecking Ball and FU are pretty ok. 4x4 is quite possibly the worst song I've heard this year. And everything else is unmemorable and bad.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Nekroskop

Mainstream garbage is just as bad as the last time I check. All is right in the world.

tsutohiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By tsutohiro
@naru_joe93 said:

On the contrary. Wrecking Ball is a badass song. I like to think of it not-unlike a Tool song, it has a second meaning. Its like Lucifer's eulogy.

@naru_joe93 said:

Edit: wait, this is sarcasm isnt it? It just has to be

Missed this reply somehow, but I actually was just saying.

Skip the video and read the lyrics, If Lucifer could've written his own eulogy, this would be it.

P.S. I know nothing about Miley Cyrus vs (other) Hemsworth, so maybe you're right.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really, they're just not as easy to find as Miley Cyrus. Two of my favorite recent examples:

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tsutohiro: I'm actually somewhat offended that you just compared a Miley Cyrus song to a Tool song. Just for that, I'm going to embed a random Tool song in an effort to balance out some of the godawfulness that is Bangerz.

Fuck Miley Cyrus, fuck her right in her stupid ass.

Loading Video...

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@naru_joe93 said:

back to /r/music you go

tsutohiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Listen to the lyrics. Tools.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Listen to the lyrics. Tools.

Which lyrics specifically...because the few I checked out are childish and superficial. Just like Miley Cyrus.

tsutohiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By tsutohiro

All of them, <copy/paste>, all of them.

I think you might need to learn a bit about how the whole fallen angel thing went before you criticize ppl.

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Bangerz is my favorite In Rainbows B-side.

Loading Video...

tsutohiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By tsutohiro

I just went and listened to this song I don't even like again.

I'm totally convinced. This is Satan's Self-written Eulogy.

If you can't figure that out, maybe you're better off.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Miley Cyrus is Satan?

tsutohiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers