#1 Edited by SexyToad (2739 posts) -

Have you duders heard of www.desktoppr.co? It's this cool site where you can find plenty of HD wallpapers. If you create a account, you can then sync your dropbox. So how I have it is my dropbox account is linked to my account. Then I could browse the wallpapers, once I see one I like, I can click a cloud icon on the side of the image. This will automatically upload it to my dropbox. Then on my computer I have it so that my wallpapers cycle through the wallpapers in a folder, in my dropbox. So what I like doing is when I'm away and bored for whatever reason, I could go to desktoppr and browse wallpapers. Any wallpaper I like I can have it uploaded to my dropbox. So when I get home it the wallpaper will already be in the cycle of wallpapers.

So I just decided to share this and to see if anyone else does this or something similar.

Edit: You will need a beta code to join. TWITTER01 should work! :D

#2 Posted by TheHumanDove (2396 posts) -

flagged for spam

#3 Posted by SexyToad (2739 posts) -

@TheHumanDove said:

flagged for spam

Wait no! I wasn't trying to spam! I was just trying to share what I've been doing.

#4 Posted by TheHumanDove (2396 posts) -

@SexyToad said:

@TheHumanDove said:

flagged for spam

Wait no! I wasn't trying to spam! I was just trying to share what I've been doing.

lawl jk. I don't flag things. Looks cool though, broooo

#5 Posted by Jams (2956 posts) -

@TheHumanDove said:

@SexyToad said:

@TheHumanDove said:

flagged for spam

lawl jk. I don't flag things. Looks cool though, broooo

HAHAHA That was great!

#6 Posted by Gladiator_Games (435 posts) -

Doesnt windows already cycle through things in whatever folder you want? Or are you one of those macintosh wierdos...

#7 Posted by EVO (3781 posts) -

So basically: Dropbox.

#8 Posted by FlarePhoenix (420 posts) -

If I didn't know you SexyToad, I would have called this spam.

#9 Edited by NTM (7033 posts) -

I don't think everyones computer or laptop does that, and so people would have to search for some kind of program that does it. I just go to Google and get wallpapers there; seems perfectly fine.

@FlarePhoenix said:

Same. I of course don't know him personally, but... I know where he lives. :O Dun dun. Dun dun. Dun dun. Kidding. I know he's just some kid that doesn't often spam. He gets a pass.

#10 Posted by darkvare (742 posts) -

i change my wallpaper like once every 6 monthsand i really never cared for stuff like pictures as wallpapers

@Gladiator_Games: my brother uses a mac and his wallpapers cycle

#11 Posted by envane (1156 posts) -

got bored of cycling wallpapers , i just switch on a whim , ive even stopped caring about actual wallpaper resolutions and just use whatever pic deserves to be up there at the time regardless of size

, that being said if i could be bothered then that sounds pretty cool

#12 Posted by GS_Dan (1396 posts) -

@envane said:

got bored of cycling wallpapers , i just switch on a whim , ive even stopped caring about actual wallpaper resolutions and just use whatever pic deserves to be up there at the time regardless of size

You're a crazy person :O

#13 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@GS_Dan said:

@envane said:

You're a crazy person :O

Yeah, double-u, tee, eff?

#14 Posted by envane (1156 posts) -

as in .. i dont mind some pillarboxing if the pictures good enough

#15 Posted by dekkadekkadekka (708 posts) -

My desktop is as black as Lilli's soul.

#16 Edited by SexyToad (2739 posts) -

@NTM said:

I don't think everyones computer or laptop does that, and so people would have to search for some kind of program that does it. I just go to Google and get wallpapers there; seems perfectly fine.

@FlarePhoenix said:

Same. I of course don't know him personally, but... I know where he lives. :O Dun dun. Dun dun. Dun dun. Kidding. I know he's just some kid that doesn't often spam. He gets a pass.

I got a mod's approval! So it's fine. I was worried that this would be seen as spam.

@Gladiator_Games said:

Doesnt windows already cycle through things in whatever folder you want? Or are you one of those macintosh wierdos...

That's the point. But the thing with desktoppr I don't have to save the images to my desktop one by one and all wallpapers are HD. (They look amazing)

#17 Posted by FlarePhoenix (420 posts) -

@SexyToad said:

@NTM said:

@FlarePhoenix said:

I got a mod's approval! So it's fine. I was worried that this would be seen as spam.

Oh sure... YOU get mod approval, but when I try to post about penis enlargements suddenly there is a problem...

Just kidding, I pretty much stick to one picture at a time, and change it when I get bored of it (usually after a couple of months or so).

#18 Posted by Ravenlight (8033 posts) -

@dekkadekkadekka said:

My desktop is as black as Lilli's soul.

Ditto.

I barely ever see my desktop, anyway.

#19 Posted by ShockD (2381 posts) -

It's ok. Thought they have only heavily shopped wallpapers which I'll probably never use.

#20 Posted by ManU_Fan10ne (662 posts) -

You, sir, are my hero. I love wallpapers.

#21 Posted by Ben_H (3200 posts) -

Both Windows and Mac can do that by themselves though the automatic upload to Dropbox thingy is neat. 

Personally I stopped having background rotation on my Mac a while ago. Now I just have various pictures of sea turtles on each space (I run 4 spaces, which are basically 4 separate desktops for those who aren't familiar with the concept. Mac and Linux both place a heavy emphasis on this concept).

#22 Posted by ripelivejam (2787 posts) -

i need a new wallpaper but it's hard to tear away from my character art wallpaper of pretty much every character from A Song of Ice and Fire :(

#23 Posted by GERALTITUDE (2812 posts) -

Wow the first three posts were unbelievably funny. This looks cool but I keep the same picture of MJ on my desktop all the time.