So here's the dumbest thing I have heard all day.

• 90 results
jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By jonnyboy

It's bad enough I have to take my kids with me when I go shopping, the last thing I need is to deal with somebody else's kids when I get there.

pacmanlh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By pacmanlh

This sounds great, what is there to complain about. If it doesn't affect you why get mad about it. It happened for a reason.

GoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By GoofyGoober

Thats not dumb at all, good to be over 17 lol.

GoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By GoofyGoober

@frankfartmouth said:

Good. They should try to get rid of all the geriatric power walkers too.

BOOM, This!

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#56  Edited By PerryVandell

This sounds like the exact opposite of dumb.

Agrammon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By Agrammon
Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By Deranged

@cmpLtNOOb said:

Eh, I mean it might make things better without annoying teenagers, I'm just a fan of being able to go and do whatever I want if I'm not disturbing anyone.

My way of thinking tends to go straight to the worst case scenario of overzealous security guards asking everyone they consider young to see their I.D., and how irritating that would be.

The mall can do whatever they want since it's privately owned, but malls always feel like such public places and hangouts that not letting anyone take pictures and video in the stores, and making parental guidance mandatory starting fairly early in the evening seems a little over the top.

What you wrote here makes me wonder if you're actually over the age of 17. Why does this bother you so much? You either 17 or under or just look extremely young while still at an older age. Either way, I have nothing against you, but this is one of the last things you should be worrying about man.

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#59  Edited By Lazyaza

Children and teenagers especially are terrible creatures in public places to deal with when they aren't behaving responsibly and maturely, the opposite of which is very rare. If their weren't a rampant series of problems in dealing with such people then such rules wouldn't need to be enforced.

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#60  Edited By forkboy

@BraveToaster said:

A lot of teenagers suck, so that sounds like a win for us adults to me.

A lot of people suck full stop. I'm 28 & even when I was a bairn I can't imagine wanting to hang out at a shopping centre, the goal was always "in & out with a new CD as fast as possible". But singling out teenagers is douchey. They are no worse than when we were teenagers, & we were no worse than our parents. It's revisionist to pretend otherwise.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#61  Edited By Justin258

@JasonR86 said:

I don't know. At first I agreed with the OP. It does sound really dumb and if I was under 17 I would have been offended too. But I'm guessing this didn't come out of nowhere. I'm guessing there had to have been incidences for the shop owners and mall administrators to feel that they had to approve of such a big change. So, really, the ones who are at fault for the new change are those teenagers who acted in such a way to cause the mall authorities to think of doing this. If anyone is to be blamed blame the shitty teenagers who acted poorly.

This. Businesses don't cut out potential customers that are peacefully shopping around. They throw out people who annoy the other customers away. I, personally, don't see an issue with the rule.

Meanwhile, if you want to get really pissed, in Charlotte, NC, anyone under the age of 16 (may be 17) cannot be out after 11:00 PM unless accompanied by an adult. In the whole city. This is a major city we're talking about here.

Avatar image for deactivated-63e816891732d
deactivated-63e816891732d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not a big fan of going to Northpark, anyway. Though this will help stop the place from being rebellious teenager hell quickly.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By BonOrbitz

It's not dumb at all! It's awesome. It's made a very popular mall in the Milwaukee area bit more enjoyable to visit. Though the area isn't "ghetto" (it's actually a nice shopping area) for years the mall has had car break-ins and teens hanging around the food court jumping around and knocking shit over. When Barbershop II sold out there was a riot that lead to broken store windows, security gates being deployed, and a security guard getting her arm broke when she was beaten. Not to mention all the fights and intimidation the fuckers would impose on the average movie goers.

In the past year they finally instituted a policy where anyone under 18 cannot be without an adult at any time during the day. It's made the mall somewhat enjoyable again.

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By SmilingPig

A mall with no unsupervised kids and teens...makes me want to move to Texas.

GoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By GoofyGoober

Still waiting to hear a reason why this is dumb?

klimdeeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By klimdeeni

@matthias2437 said:

So be over 17, don't take obnoxious pictures and video in the mall, and don't walk around with your pants at your ankles. Problems solved.

Better solution: get the fuck out of Texas! That will solve more problems than you think.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#67  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I guess I could see how that might be kind of frustrating if you were a teenager, but it doesn't really see that dumb or crazy. It's their shopping center and the rule doesn't seem that over the top.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#68  Edited By BraveToaster

@forkboy said:

@BraveToaster said:

A lot of teenagers suck, so that sounds like a win for us adults to me.

A lot of people suck full stop. I'm 28 & even when I was a bairn I can't imagine wanting to hang out at a shopping centre, the goal was always "in & out with a new CD as fast as possible". But singling out teenagers is douchey. They are no worse than when we were teenagers, & we were no worse than our parents. It's revisionist to pretend otherwise.

Speak for yourself; my parents didn't let me go anywhere with friends.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I kind of feel bad for the kids, the good ones anyway. It wasn't that long ago that I was underage and the mall was one of the few places we had to just go and chill.

Egg0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Egg0

Malls still exist?

Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#71  Edited By Jost1

@matthias2437 said:

So be over 17, don't take obnoxious pictures and video in the mall, and don't walk around with your pants at your ankles. Problems solved.

EDIT: Not talking about you by the way. Also have you been around kids under 17 recently? I can fully understand why they do not want them in the mall after certain hours.

How old are you. Just asking because you sound like you're 60.

Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Harkat

What's with the teenager hate here? I'm 16 and deeply offended. In other words, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND DAD YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE DUBSTEP IS MY LIFE.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#73  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I work in a supermarket. Kids both hanging around outside the store AND coming into the store in large groups in the evening is a major annoyance. They act like they own the place and it intimidates genuine customers. It's a real pain in the ass. I'd love a rule like that. I'm sure sure that rule in your mall is in place to stop similar shit like we get. I'm sure if kids acting maturely and on their own or in small groups go to the mall after 6, they won't be questioned. The rule will just be there to stop the big intimidating groups of idiot teenagers that group around area's like that. So the security have a genuine, concrete reason to eject them from the premises when they're causing problems.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Winternet

Americans, huh?

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Ares42

Hate to be that guy, but there's something wrong with your society when one group of people feels the need to ban a non-behavioral group of people from a public area. The fault could be on either side er even somewhere completely different, but something has gone wrong somewhere. Discriminating people based on age, that's pretty much up there with gender and race.

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By matthias2437

@Jost1: 19. I'm just not a worthless like most "young people" today.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#77  Edited By damnboyadvance

You don't want to show your ID to get into the theater? Aww. The policy may be frustrating, but it's not all that bad for you. Just be glad you're not under 17, and dealing with those BS rules.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By mandude

@Ares42 said:

Hate to be that guy, but there's something wrong with your society when one group of people feels the need to ban a non-behavioral group of people from a public area. The fault could be on either side er even somewhere completely different, but something has gone wrong somewhere. Discriminating people based on age, that's pretty much up there with gender and race.

Pretty disappointed I don't see more comments like this.

EDIT: Actually, reading the later pages, I see more. All is well.

cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By cookiemonster

Something weird about that. Hopefully they will only ID the teenagers being dicks.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By mordukai

Can't have a circus without control.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#81  Edited By AlexW00d

Sounds good to me. Kids who loiter at 'malls' suck.

Avatar image for pullarius_capax
Pullarius_Capax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Pullarius_Capax

I think this is actually a pretty common policy at malls, its there to prevent kids form just hanging around the mall after school and possibly getting into fights and other shenanigans.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Scrawnto

I don't think I ever went to a mall as a minor without the supervision of an adult. I always thought that hanging out at the mall was something people did on TV and in movies.

notdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By notdavid

Malls kind of suck. Let the kids have it.

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Arker101

I wish that would be applied to the mall and theater in my town. Although, I'd rather have them be obnoxious in the lobby, then in the actual theater texting. I hate people who text during movies.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By _Zombie_

I can safely say that my generation is dumb as shit, so yeah, this is kind of called for.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#87  Edited By Little_Socrates

I think that seems dumb too.

Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Toxeia

A mall is private property. They can refuse you service if they wish. They've legal right to not allow people to stay inside the mall if they can't provide proof that they are of legal age when they aren't accompanied by a parent.

Ultimately this is to make sure they aren't liable for anything that happens to the mall. It makes sense to me from that stand point, but it is still a little nanny-stateish.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By GunslingerPanda

This sounds far from dumb. This sounds like a rule that should be applied in a more general capacity.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Scrawnto

@VinceNotVance said:

@Scrawnto said:

I don't think I ever went to a mall as a minor without the supervision of an adult. I always thought that hanging out at the mall was something people did on TV and in movies.

If your hometown is boring as shit like mine (though I'd say that I've been to much less interesting towns than mine own), and your only options are stay at home, go to the movie theater or go to the mall, then yeah, mall is a reasonable place to waste time. Especially if you're a teenager.

My hometown was pretty boring, but I generally ended up choosing the stay at home option.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@matthias2437 said:

EDIT: Not talking about you by the way. Also have you been around kids under 17 recently? I can fully understand why they do not want them in the mall after certain hours.

I agree with this. :D

If you're there to see the movie, you walk in, you see movie, you walk out.

Hanging out at the mall is so boring anyway.