So... How do I cook bacon on the stove top?

• 92 results
cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

How do you microwave bacon?

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is gold

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

@cikame: I think certain brands, Oscar Meyer for instance, sell bacon that can be microwaved. Pretty sure it comes pre-cooked and you're more or less just heating it up at that point. I am not really sure though, I started buying actual bacon once I moved out of my parents house (they're your classic baby boomer parents who love the strange food things that came out in America in the late 70s to mid 90s).

BallsLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep! Just plop that bacon down on medium/medium-high heat.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@cikame: Throw it in until it looks good. It’s a microwave.

You can put paper towels under and over it to soak up the grease.

If you’re going to make a habit of microwaving bacon, I grew up in a house with a microwavable grill that you toss in the microwave. It’s basically just a bunch of traps so the bacon doesn’t soak in grease.

lead_dispencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man I remember when I was 17 and I thought I was badass when I made a sandwich and put it in my parents toaster oven. Gourmet at its finest

Living with my friend who was a chef and just trying different stuff I think I can hold my own now a days.

Also if I’m not sure, the internet always gives me answers on what to cook or how to cook. Thanks interwebs!

Nach0Sanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shirtless with no lid on the pan on high trust me I'm an expert

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Add egg shells to make it an omlette.

Xdeser2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On brand years before ryckert showed up

mikewhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it's chewy bacon you're after, microwaving is probably your best bet anyways.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@big_denim: I'm from the UK i think it's literally unheard of here, i remember seeing epic meal time put bacon in the oven and thought that was weird too.

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By big_denim

@cikame: Now oven bacon, I'll fuck with that. I highly recommend it.

375-400 Fahrenheit. 10 mins on one side, flip, then 5 mins in the other side.

Result - deliciousness.

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#64  Edited By Nick

please don't put butter in the pan when you're cooking bacon... the bacon has so much grease you don't need it. since it doesn't look like anybody wrote thorough instructions you can use these:

it's easy, just put the pan on the stove, turn on the stove to a medium temperature probably less than half way to max, put the bacon in the pan, if the oil from the bacon splashes out of the pan too much while cooking turn down the temperature a bit, flip the bacon over once or twice to make sure it's cooked relatively evenly, stop when the bacon reaches the desired amount of crispiness, put the bacon on a plate and let it cool down, enjoy.

when you're done soak up the grease in the pan with a paper towel and put it in your compost instead of pouring the grease down the drain.

edit: i just realized this thread is 7 years old. oopsy. regardless, i will leave my instructions for any possible future use.

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Drag bacon, butter, and skillet the into stove window, right click and scroll down to cook.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@big_denim: Oven bacon is a-okay.

Microwave bacon...it’s a thing, but it’s not ideal.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By NTM

So, people are just rolling with this seven-year-old thread about bacon hmm? Okaaaay. Also, pretty sure the topic no longer is on the topic creators mind, let alone him still be in college I'm guessing.

chekhonte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was this Dan?

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm: Ya, I thought that too. But then I also thought, 'bacon is great.' So I rolled with it and put in my two cents. 'Cause bacon...

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By NTM

@big_denim: Yeah, it's fine. It doesn't bother me. I do wonder, however, how many people posted and didn't realize it was old. Plus, it is about bacon. An old thread about bacon. Ha ha. Bacon is good though, sure.

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By big_denim

@ntm: Oh trust me, I didn't notice the date until after my post. ?

whur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adding to the zombie thread, drizzle some dark rum and brown sugar on thick pieces of bacon then bake.

jonthelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Up your bacon game with a splatter screen. No more scorched nipples.

https://www.amazon.com/Norpro-2060-13-Inch-Splatter-Screen/dp/B004C26ON4

Ericjasonwade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honest question. For people like this man and Dan, do people just cook for you your whole life? I don’t understand how you get by in life without having to cook a meal for yourself?

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm surprised no one has talked about using newspaper or a paper bag (or beer case) to cover the pan when cooking bacon. Cleaning grease sucks, so save the trouble and cover that shit up.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honest question. For people like this man and Dan, do people just cook for you your whole life? I don’t understand how you get by in life without having to cook a meal for yourself?

I mean a very easy food budget involves a lot of things you do very little to actually prepare. So I get that part.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@methodman008: How is your cooking nowadays? Do you fondly remember your days when you couldn't cook bacon?

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@development: Haha, I hate you for bumping this. But... I'm ok at cooking nowadays, but not great. Dan is certainly better it at than I and that makes me sad.

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By MethodMan008

@ericjasonwade: My parents cooked every meal I ate at home until I turned 18, then my fiance cooked for us when we ate at home until we broke up... so then I had to cook for myself and had zero experience. I probably should of shown some interest in learning to cook in my adolescence, but that didn't happen.

berniesbc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@ghost_cat: Seems like a fire waiting to happen. I try to avoid putting paper around open flames. And if you don't want to clean the grease, why not just put a lid on the pan?

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By htr10

I love how the really awful post in this thread from 7 years ago got deleted, but lived on because it was then quoted in a reply.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Efesell

I'm surprised no one has talked about using newspaper or a paper bag (or beer case) to cover the pan when cooking bacon. Cleaning grease sucks, so save the trouble and cover that shit up.

I don't... want to set my kitchen on fire.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a fan of crispy bacon, microwaving bacon is just about the most offensive thing I’ve ever heard of.

icoangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really wonder how some people get through life so coddled they can not even figure out how to cook bacon for them selves.

Rigas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They literally make something for that. Its called a grease screen or a splatter guard, and it costs much less than rebuilding your house after burning it down.

No Caption Provided

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ericjasonwade: I can fry/rustle some basic stuff up and bake a frozen pizza. I've followed a few recipes directions point by point with mixed results. Maybe threre's a Gordon Ramsay in me that waiting to erupt from my flesh, but I get by.

People shouldn't get too offended at how others choose to or have been encouraged to lead their lives. It's perfectly possible and OK to survive without busting out your own gourmet meals 3 times a day.

Also clearly you throw the bacon on the burner then rest the pan on top of it to keep it flat.

Avatar image for dreamfinder1983
DreamFinder1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you have a baking pan? Often times I will just load up a tray of bacon on some foil or parchment and bake it in the oven... usually it comes out just as tasty as cooking it any other way and clean up is way easier!

Deo_Brando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes it is very easy! Just put beco in the butter, that's all.

sub_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

The thread is goddamn 8 years old. He should have graduated from college by then, and so much in debt that he couldn't have able to afford bacon no more.

Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Always cook bacon before your eggs. All that bacon grease will be absolutely wonderful to scramble your eggs in.

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't even use a skillet, spread butter on the bacon then hold it over the burner until crispy. Alternatively, put it in a toaster with some butter. Mmmm crispy.

Damenco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buy yourself a recipe book for students, a very useful thing, I use myself