#1 Posted by greennoodles (404 posts) -

I have been doing my show for about 5 years now off and on. Our sound has gotten to the point where it is pretty good, but wow, it is super hard to get anyone to listen to these things if you don't want to spend money or aren't attached to a big site. Funny thing is I don't even know if it bothers me any more, I just love doing it. I think in the back of my mind I have high hopes of being in the industry some day (not as a wrestler, my hemophilia prevents that) but even if that never happens, having an excuse to hang out with my friends once a week and talk wrestling makes it all worth it.

So on to the topic of this, any one else here have something that people consider a waste of time and energy but you do just because you love it? Writing a book or a script? Making a game? Drawing? Podcasting? Blogging? I don't want to feel alone in this!

#2 Posted by MasturbatingestBear (1197 posts) -

A wrestling podcast? Snap! Like all recent stuff?

#3 Posted by Mesoian (1574 posts) -

@greennoodles said:

I have been doing my show for about 5 years now off and on. Our sound has gotten to the point where it is pretty good, but wow, it is super hard to get anyone to listen to these things if you don't want to spend money or aren't attached to a big site. Funny thing is I don't even know if it bothers me any more, I just love doing it. I think in the back of my mind I have high hopes of being in the industry some day (not as a wrestler, my hemophilia prevents that) but even if that never happens, having an excuse to hang out with my friends once a week and talk wrestling makes it all worth it.

So on to the topic of this, any one else here have something that people consider a waste of time and energy but you do just because you love it? Writing a book or a script? Making a game? Drawing? Podcasting? Blogging? I don't want to feel alone in this!

You should try twitter. Just...spam it all day long.

I'm a cosplayer. I have a cosplay podcast. We only do it because it's fun to talk about stuff we love doing, even if it's a huge time/money sink.

#4 Posted by greennoodles (404 posts) -

@MasturbatingestBear said:

A wrestling podcast? Snap! Like all recent stuff?

We try to mix it up. We do a headlines segment and some rants that are based on recent wrestling, but our main topic is usually 50/50 old and new. We also do weird shit like this week we did an entire show as if we were a group of guys that thought wrestling was real.

@Mesoian: Twitter scares me, I have an account but have no idea how to use it to my advantage. I am 28 which is like 154 in internet years so that has something to do with it I am sure.

#5 Posted by Mesoian (1574 posts) -

@greennoodles: Just be all, "You wanna hear something that discusses wrestling? CLICK THIS LINK! #Wrestling #WWE #ECW #TNA"

#6 Posted by lord_canti (1522 posts) -

@greennoodles: you know if you want new listeners and you mention it in a forum where wrestling fans congregate it might be a idea to post a link :P i wouldent mind giving it a try

as for the topic i play a lot of fighting games for long periods of time yet never go to tournaments or organised play kinda pointless

#7 Edited by Floope (194 posts) -

Do you talk about cm punk? That guy is awesome, yo.

Post it. I need some new listening. do you take contributions?