• 161 results
#101 Edited by danimal_furry (1453 posts) -

Hahahaha! 

A) I did the exact same thing and enjoyed it. Of course, I hadn't seen the movies in several years. 
B) It was more like 12 hours. 
C) I had beer... which was probably why it was 12 hours... and I also had more bathroom breaks.
D) I watched all of the James Bond films back-to-back one weekend when I was in highschool. I was paranoid for an entire day after that. I had to drive to work and kept thinking someone was following me. Granted, the films aren't that nerve racking... but imagine just sleeping a few hours a night and watching those films for countless hours straight. Also, I was home alone that whole weekend. Terrorist prisoners have it better. They get to listen to rock and have social interaction.
#102 Posted by crusader8463 (14429 posts) -
@Empirepaintball said:
" ...and you need to go outside. "
Why? So the sun can get another chance to kill me? No thanks. You can't trick me oh agent of the sun worshipers! Not this time! Not again!
#103 Posted by Spacemuffin (49 posts) -

First two Twilight movies back to back. I swear I had a good reason.

#104 Posted by crusader8463 (14429 posts) -
@Spacemuffin said:
" First two Twilight movies back to back. I swear I had a good reason. "
Well? You can't just say some crazy shit like that and not say why!
#105 Posted by habster3 (3600 posts) -
@Smokay said:
"Thats just crazy I would never do something like watch a marathon for that long.The longest ive sat down to watch something is maybe 3 hours "

This, although I might have to say my longest marathon was approx. 4 or 5 hours.
#106 Posted by eccentrix (1614 posts) -

I spent ten hours watching all the Saw movies when the sixth came out on DVD.

#107 Posted by lucas_kelly (769 posts) -
@PATERSON said:
" @lucas_kelly:  Ok, I meant three fims at 1 hour and 30 mins each. No need to call names now, you no life, pathetic, piece of shit. Sort your life out. "
You're still wrong.
#108 Posted by supermike6 (3641 posts) -

I once watched the first six seasons of Red Dwarf in one sitting. That's about 13 hours. It wasn't hard because I love that show. People were washing my windows that day so I must've looked like such a slob with empty bowls, plates and glasses all over my table.

#109 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -
@eccentrix said:
" I spent ten hours watching all the Saw movies when the sixth came out on DVD. "
Did the person who forced you to do this go to prison?
#110 Posted by Alphiehyr (1083 posts) -
@HandsomeDead said:
" They're some of the most boring movies ever committed to film. I don't understand what part of the story takes 9 hours to explain.  EDIT: I once watched Rocky to Rocky IV back to back and afterwards I felt like I could take on the world. "
You do realize the LOTR book is very thick, right?
#111 Posted by floodiastus (1262 posts) -
@crusader8463 said:
"
  I shall try to not passout from boredom!  
.  Right now I'm working on M*A*S*H and I'm almost done season 3. I got about half way through Xena and got distracted by my Star Trek run to keep watching it. I couldn't pull off doing both at the same time no matter how I tried. "
Wow you sure do watch alot of shiet. There are tons of good series out there :)
#112 Posted by EliminatoR (240 posts) -

Marathons can only make you hate something more,not to mention the level of boredom you can get.Only thing I see myself playing for (not 10 h) but at least 4-5 is WoW.Watching a movie for 10 h is just pure torture.
#113 Posted by Redbullet685 (6085 posts) -

I wouldn't be able to watch LoTR for ten hours, or anything at that.

#114 Edited by guiseppe (2842 posts) -

I love the Lord of the Rings movies and I've seen them back to back several times. I can't figure out what you guys think is so boring about them. Unless you're all the kind of person who needs an explosion at least every 5 minutes to keep things interesting, but what are the chances of that?

#115 Posted by apoptosis61 (568 posts) -

very boring and very overrated film

and the books kinda sux too, not big deal

#116 Posted by TwoLines (2841 posts) -

So you're saying you've spent XX amount of hours without a break, watching the EXTENDED edition of these movies, and you were bored?
Suprising. No.. wait.. no, it's not. 

Watch the normal edition, one part a day, like a normal person.

#117 Edited by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -
@ZeForgotten said:

" Did it with Lord of the Rings too once, I like the movies though except the whole "oh wait, we could fly in on these eagles instead of taking the long way.. sorry"-part.   Also did a marathon with the Persona 4 Endurance Run. That was kinda fun  "

Not going to read all 5 pages, so I don't know if anyone else has mentioned it, but this "plot hole" was actually covered in the books.
#118 Posted by MrCandleguy (813 posts) -

I watched seasons 1-5 of outragous fortune (its a very awesome new zealand crime drama comedy that i highly recommend) in 3 days that was crazy also i watched every single season of lost in about 6 days lol. the very last esipode sucked ass.

#119 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
@Alphiehyr said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
" They're some of the most boring movies ever committed to film. I don't understand what part of the story takes 9 hours to explain.  EDIT: I once watched Rocky to Rocky IV back to back and afterwards I felt like I could take on the world. "
You do realize the LOTR book is very thick, right? "
So? A lot of that is Tolkein just explaining the world with aspergers detail. There's hundreds of Spider-Man comics but the movie didn't need to run for 3 hours just to make up for that fact.
#120 Posted by Willy105 (4691 posts) -

Lord of the Rings became huge because it was a filmmaking marvel, shot on location, with the latest special effects, being super long movies so you get your money's worth.

But they aren't really good movies, and the story isn't that interesting compared to other trilogies like the two Star Wars trilogies, Back to the Future, Pirates, and such.

#121 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -
@PATERSON said:
" @lucas_kelly:  Ok, I meant three fims at 1 hour and 30 mins each. No need to call names now, you no life, pathetic, piece of shit. Sort your life out. "
Not a good way of impressing intelligence on any one.
#122 Posted by mada193 (74 posts) -

I watched all three Twilight films at my local cinema which lasted around 7 hours

#123 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -
@HandsomeDead said:
" @Alphiehyr said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
So? A lot of that is Tolkein just explaining the world with aspergers detail. There's hundreds of Spider-Man comics but the movie didn't need to run for 3 hours just to make up for that fact. "
I hate Tolkien's writing, but you just can't have shortened those movies.  The whole appeal of LOTR is that Tolkien set up these cultures, creatures languages, nations, and locales in such intricate detail.  The overall story is just about a guy chucking a ring into the fire.  Without the cultural and linguistics aspects of the film, there would be nothing interesting about it.  Unfortunately, these are the sort of things that take a very long time to establish.
#124 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
@Meowshi said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
" @Alphiehyr said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
So? A lot of that is Tolkein just explaining the world with aspergers detail. There's hundreds of Spider-Man comics but the movie didn't need to run for 3 hours just to make up for that fact. "
I hate Tolkien's writing, but you just can't have shortened those movies.  The whole appeal of LOTR is that Tolkien set up these cultures, creatures languages, nations, and locales in such intricate detail.  The overall story is just about a guy chucking a ring into the fire.  Without the cultural and linguistics aspects of the film, there would be nothing interesting about it.  Unfortunately, these are the sort of things that take a very long time to establish. "
I know, and I understand they're faithful adaptations but when watching the first film, it just felt like a really padded out MacGuffin story and the second film just seemed like a waste of time to watch. I haven't read the books but I'm sure that whatever made Tolkein's writing stand out and make the stories special just doesn't translate well into stand alone movie form.
#125 Posted by Bucketdeth (8048 posts) -
@HandsomeDead said:
" EDIT: I once watched Rocky to Rocky IV back to back and afterwards I felt like I could take on the world. "
Hell yeah.
#126 Posted by destruktive (1069 posts) -

I watched a marathon session of the three movies when 'The return of the king' was coming out.
It was the pre-premiere of the movie, so they showed all of them.

I've later watched the three movies in a row and I love it. I love it as much as I did when they came out.

#127 Posted by RaceKickfist (206 posts) -

i did the same thing back when the RotK extended edition came out. it felt like an eternity. and afterward, i felt incredibly burnt out. i honestly had no desire to see the films again. now that they play them on tv all the time, i may sit and watch a few minutes, but ultimately, i walked away from that marathon with a full belly. if we had thrown in the ralph bakshi lord of the rings cartoon i might have puked elf blood everywhere.

#128 Posted by Fattony12000 (7564 posts) -

The Wire.

#129 Posted by Roger778 (960 posts) -

I don't see how someone can watch all three extended versions of Lord of the Rings in 10 hours, without going to sleep.  That just sounds borderline crazy. 
#130 Posted by SmaQ (81 posts) -

I watched whole season 1 of Jersey Shore in 1 sitting.

Get at me :(

#131 Posted by VilgeDuin (22 posts) -

I watched my LOTR extended cut DVDs all at once a couple years ago, do believe it was a horrible idea, because I don't think I'll ever watch them again. I'm completely burnt out on the franchise as a whole. I loved them when they were coming out and still have fond memories of specific scenes, but I generally just can't bring myself to fathom ever revisiting them. 

I used to watch all of the Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street movies back-to-back at least once a year, but haven't done so in years. Also watched the Rocky movies all at once a few times. 

Last time I did a marathon of movies was last year watching Episodes 1-6 of Star Wars. Good times.

#132 Posted by KiLlerBLT (46 posts) -

Liv Tyler completely ruined these movies for me.

#133 Posted by sagesebas (1973 posts) -
@crusader8463: I went through all of Lost in about 2 and a half months
#134 Posted by crusader8463 (14429 posts) -
@sagesebas: I watched up to season three or four then I just got so tired of it I couldn't keep going. It was when they went to the other side of the island and the doctor guy had to do some kind of surgery on the head guy from the bad guys, while everyone was in a cage somewhere. I don't know to be honest. Something long those lines. 

One of these days I will probably sit down and try to watch it all from the start again, but for me it's still only been four to five years since I watched the first half of that series- so I can still remember enough that I wouldn't want to watch it. Maybe in another 5-10 years I will have forgotten enough to watch it again.
#135 Posted by sagesebas (1973 posts) -
@crusader8463: its good I definitely lost steam I barreled through stuff i didn't like so I could catch the finale
#136 Posted by crusader8463 (14429 posts) -
@sagesebas:  I can't skip episodes or I will always feel like I missed something. Even when I hate them I force myself to watch them or every time I hear something I don't get I will assume it was from that bit I skipped over.
#137 Posted by Clinkz (1118 posts) -

Lotr is a good trilogy. If you were bored by the movies, God help you with the books. You would lose your mind but I enjoyed both forms of media.

#138 Posted by crusader8463 (14429 posts) -
@Clinkz:  I only ever read the hobbit, but I loved the shit out of that book as a kid- some day I will give the books a read. As for not liking one because of the other I don't think so. There are ton's of bad movies based on great books. Just because I found the way they choose to make the movies uninteresting after awhile doesn't mean I won't like the books.
#139 Posted by dudeglove (8280 posts) -

I watched all of the Wimbledon 2008 final between Nadal and Federer which, including rain breaks, lasted about 8 hours (the match itself went to five sets, and I think about five hours of play). I guess that counts as a marathon.

Not done it, but I could easily watch Dexter back to back if I had the time. One of the best programs I've ever seen on television.

#140 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3245 posts) -

I watched the original three American Pie movies. That's really about it.

#141 Posted by radiocip (73 posts) -

Indiana Jones trilogy

#142 Posted by Tofford (532 posts) -

I did LOTR as well and it was a lot of fun it was a while ago though

#143 Posted by thebatmobile (983 posts) -
@TheChaos said:
" I watched Season 1-2-3-4 of Dexter in one sitting without sleep. I wanted Season 5 right away. "
So you were up for 50+ hours straight? Superman called and wanted his abilities back.
#144 Posted by guilherme (345 posts) -

That happened with me too, the movies took a huge effort to make, as you can see in the Extras, but you don't necessarily see that watching the movie.

I like the Lord of the Rings movies, but as always nothing replaces reading the book. And the book is awesome, in my opinion.

#145 Posted by Robiin (297 posts) -

I also watched all LotR movies, and all Star Wars movies also, this past month or something. It was fun, but yeah, the LotR movies are not at all as good as I remembered them. Way too long.
 The Star Wars movies though, I love. I actually find the prequels to be good as well (can someone please explain why everyone hates them?).

My crowning achievement must be watching all six complete seasons of Entourage in four days. OMG I like that show. Also, prior to the last season of LOST, I got caught up with the series, two seasons in two days; had a lot of ISLAND on my brain after that.

#146 Posted by Red12b (9085 posts) -

My mate took a couple of party pills and watched all spawn episodes back to back said to himself, THAT WAS AWESOME and watched them again, after finishing them the second time he fell asleep in the chair, he woke up and doesn't remember anything apart from sitting down to watch it and then watching them again,  

He still needs to see them because he hasn't a clue what happened. funny as all hell 

#147 Posted by Whisperkill (2969 posts) -

I watched seasons 1-5 of Lost at the end of last summer. I didn't get out much then...

#148 Posted by ZimboDK (843 posts) -

I've done the LoTR marathon a few times. Watched all seasons Friends, Star Trek TNG, DS9, Scrubs and Futurama pretty much back to back. Star Wars too. Tried to do it with Simpsons but that is a lot of episodes.

#149 Posted by OutOfBounds9000 (2300 posts) -

I have not watched LOTR.
#150 Posted by christ0phe (946 posts) -
@TheChaos:   There's no way you stayed in one seat watching Dexter for 48 hours straight