So I need a new headset.

FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

So I'm looking for a new headset, seeing as I broke mine. Again. I had a great experience with the Steelseries V2 Siberia, but I managed to brake the microphone in less than 6 months, and they can't repair it, but they will give me my money back.

I'm looking for good sound, a good mic, and at least some durability. I have broken every single headset that I have had so far. Razer, Steelseries, Plantronics etc.

The budget is around 140 dollars.

So what would you recommend, and what are you using?

Piririn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I would recommend the CM storm sirus 5.1 headset.

It's very durable (at least it feels that way)

Sound quality is quite nice after a bit of tweaking.

Haven't had any complaints about the mic either.

This might have been a bit of a late reply, hope this helps!

I feel your pain about these fuckers constantly breaking (went through 2 corsair headsets in 6 months)

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What are you going to be using it for? PC or consoles?

I always recommend any of the two Sony headsets currently available. There's the Pulse Elite or the wireless stereo, the design of the pulse elite is way better and Sony confirmed that you can use it on the PS4.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

How the hell did you break the mic?!

Branwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure how much they cost over there but Sennheiser PC 350s are great, they have a really durable mic and comfy earcups, don't buy anything from Astro, their stuff is far more expensive that it's worth.

vman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vertrucio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Vertrucio

I would avoid the Sennheiser PC 350s and get the PC 360 or 363. The 350's mic broke on me within a week, and it had issues like the in-cord volume control being weak, it wouldn't change the volume that much. The in-line mic mute also didn't work well. It also has a closed ear design that can get hot if you're wearing it a lot. Overall it's just an outdated design that still costs as much as the newer designs for some reason.

The newer PC360 and PC363 have volume controls on the right can, not inline, they work properly and don't add extra weight or snags to the cord. The mic mute is also as simple as raising the microphone boom to the up position.

If you still prefer closed ear designs, there's a version of the newer design with closed ear cups.

EDIT: Just saw that they had a new Special Edition of the PC350 that includes all the upgraded features.

Avatar image for living4theday258
living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ive had some turtle beach headphones since cheistmas and they sound pretty good.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Sooty

@vman said:

If your going to play games on the PC, then get a good headphone. and a Antlion Mod Mic. http://www.modmic.com/collections/frontpage

Read this topic about gaming headsets/phones. http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-updated-7-18-2013-philips-fidelio-x1-added

I hope this helps.

Yes, this.

Never buy gaming headsets, that means Steelseries, Creative, Razer, etc, you'll get far better value by buying proper headphones and adding a mic after. Even more so if you have a sound card capable of Dolby Headphone. (you can also try that new Razer surround sound app, but it won't be as good as hardware Dolby)

Sennheiser stuff can be okay, but they can be hit or miss. I bought expensive-ish £60 / $100 portable Sennheiser headphones (on-ears) and they were utter trash, far worse than a pair of $30 Klipsch in-ears I still own. I also own a pair of HD595s (from Sennheiser) which are fantastic, they cost me close to $200 in 2008 and I use them to this day for music and PC gaming when at my dorm or house.

Vertrucio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Vertrucio

Only problem with that modmic is that the version they currently offer has no mute function. You will be surprised how much you will use the mute function, well, if you're a considerate person.

Apparently, there is a version with mute coming sometime this year.

Also, there may be a way to set a key to mute the mic in windows.