#1 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2501 posts) -

Went to see it with my wife and son this morning, there's a Movie Tavern up the street from our place and they do the whole pancake breakfast thing. I'd seen the trailer before The Hobbit, and it looks pretty funny. Luckily the entire movie pretty much holds up the promise the trailer delivers. There's some romance, but it's not overwhelming and sappy, it's light and takes a back seat most of the time to bigger issues in the world. There are quite a few genuinely funny moments in the movie, and the acting is good. Definitely has the "couple's movie" recommendation, but going with a group of friends, it would still be excellent. It's apparently based on a young adult novel by the same name, so I wasn't sure what to expect from a maturity standpoint, but they do a good job making it a movie that all ages would enjoy across the board. Kind of a Zombieland atmosphere, but I actually liked this movie a bit better than Zombieland I think (I will get flack for that I'm sure, since I wasn't as enamored with Zombieland as a lot of people were).

Anyway, recommended if you were on the fence about it.

#2 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3908 posts) -

Sweet, I was hoping it would be good. Looked pretty entertaining. Plus Rob Corddry.

#3 Posted by nerdsbeware (223 posts) -

Really looking forward to this since I like Nick Hoult. Plus it looks to flip the whole "zombie" movie concept on its head almost in the same way that Shaun of the Dead or 28 Days Later (yes I know debateable over if its a "zombie" movie or not) did for the genre. Thanks!

#4 Posted by twitchwanker (16 posts) -

Still, not sure about it. The people who I usually completely disagree with on movies are saying they loved it. Thats probably my biggest reason for hesitation .

#5 Edited by UlquioKani (1155 posts) -

The trailer sold me. I kinda want to go see it. Thanks for the recommendation

#6 Posted by Redbullet685 (6065 posts) -

Didn't really care for the trailer, and had no intent on seeing it, but last week I found out the director is the same guy that did 50/50 and The Wackness, so now I really want to see it. Plus, I love zombies.

#7 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2038 posts) -

My roommates persuaded me to watch it with them even though I was kind of dismissive by the premise and now I feel bad that my initial impressions were so off the mark since I actually ended up loving it!

It turned out to be a really endearing movie all the way through. It's definitely an exceptional departure from typical zombie movies and I appreciate everything they did with it. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone on the fence about it.

#8 Posted by ShaggE (6625 posts) -

So it's not Twilight: Now With Zombies? That's a relief. Might be a good watch, then.

#9 Posted by cmblasko (1317 posts) -

@ShaggE said:

So it's not Twilight: Now With Zombies? That's a relief. Might be a good watch, then.

I don't understand where the comparisons to Twilight came from. From what I've seen Warm Bodies has been marketed only as a romantic comedy, not overly dramatic schlock.

#10 Posted by fetchfox (1333 posts) -

Awesome to hear, just what I was hoping for.

#11 Posted by ShaggE (6625 posts) -

@cmblasko said:

@ShaggE said:

I don't understand where the comparisons to Twilight came from. From what I've seen Warm Bodies has been marketed only as a romantic comedy, not overly dramatic schlock.

Something about it just struck that chord for me, glad I was wrong.

#12 Posted by RoboRobb (1053 posts) -

This film looked super bad to me in all of the trailers. May have to grab the missus and check it out.

#13 Posted by emem (1971 posts) -

@cmblasko said:

@ShaggE said:

You always have people who talk down on everything they don't understand. I've seen the first trailer of Warm Bodies and it looks great to me, I'll definitely watch it. (And I actually think the first Twilight movie is totally fine if you don't take it too seriously, so I wouldn't even see it as an insult to begin with)

#14 Posted by ShaggE (6625 posts) -

@emem said:

@cmblasko said:

@ShaggE said:

You always have people who talk down on everything they don't understand. I've seen the first trailer of Warm Bodies and it looks great to me, I'll definitely watch it. (And I actually think the first Twilight movie is totally fine if you don't take it too seriously, so I wouldn't even see it as an insult to begin with)

I wasn't talking down on anything, thanks. I asked an honest question.

#15 Posted by bunnymud (717 posts) -

The chick in it looks JUST LIKE Kristen Stewart. Wasn't the worst movie, but my eyes were rolling pretty hard during the movie. Thank God I saw it at a theater that served beer.

#16 Posted by emem (1971 posts) -

@ShaggE said:

@emem said:

@cmblasko said:

@ShaggE said:

I honestly wasn't talking about you at all, you just happened to be the one who mentioned it.

#17 Posted by ShaggE (6625 posts) -

@emem said:

@ShaggE said:

@emem said:

@cmblasko said:

@ShaggE said:

I honestly wasn't talking about you at all, you just happened to be the one who mentioned it.

Apologies, it hit my inbox, and I didn't look at the quote sandwich closely enough.