• 50 results
kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kishan6

So I have moral issues involving my friend/girlfriends sister.

No its not that (Get your mind out of the gutter). Well anyways my friend thinks that she is going out with this kid in the army who is back for a month on leave. And basically Im not sure if he thinks they are dating but either way since Im friends with his friends I was with him and he said he fucked 4 girls since he had been back. So something isnt lining up. If its just a miscommunication then I think I should just stay out of it and say its none of my business. However if he is cheating on her then I feel the need to tell her for obvious reasons. And now she is asking me what I think of him. And I dont know what to do.

Giant bomb To the Rescue!!!

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Vinny_Says

You're right, it's none of your business.

punisherkaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By punisherkaos

Yea stay out that man

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By BraveToaster

While it is none of your business, it would suck if this dude ended up sleeping with a woman who had an STD and unknowingly passed it on to your lady friend. I don't see why someone would make a commitment knowing good and well that they are going to cheat.

Avatar image for deactivated-59123fe38ab28
deactivated-59123fe38ab28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I new advice too. You see, there's this incredibly cute Mexican girl in Twitter and I, being a huge fan of both girls and things that speak Spanish, want nothin more than for her to follow me, but she has up until now refused, saying (in Spanish) that she speaks no English. Now, I do speak a fair deal of Spanish, but as a result of my current location, I am in not position to have it become my primary language. What am I to do, Giant Bomb?

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By killacam

That's none of my business.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By impartialgecko

Not something you want to be involved in man, deny all knowledge and save yourself the stress.

theguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By theguy

If she specifically asks you what you think of him I'd answer with something like "He's on leave so I wouldn't take him too seriously." Beyond that stay out of it man.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Deranged

Don't get involved mate, it doesn't seem like anyone is asking for the assistance.

zor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By zor

Hmm... well, I would, but then again, that is mainly if i found myself in the same situation, i would want my friend to tell me. Some people will say it none of your business, and right now it isn't. The question is, do you want to make it your business? Because if you do, then get ready for some complex inter-group relations to happen...

Grimhild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Grimhild

@kishan6:

Sucks, but not your business.

Also the guy in the military may have either been convinced by his peers or convinced himself that a Jodie is screwing her. Jodie being the synonym for any man or woman that is sleeping with your significant other while you're deployed. So maybe it's just an asshole defensive reaction.

Or he's just a douche.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SexyToad

I feel this is necessary.

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kishan6

@Zor said:

Hmm... well, I would, but then again, that is mainly if i found myself in the same situation, i would want my friend to tell me. Some people will say it none of your business, and right now it isn't. The question is, do you want to make it your business? Because if you do, then get ready for some complex inter-group relations to happen...

Thats what Im saying I would want someone to tell me.

But I seriously dont want to get into any complete bullshit situations. I tend to stay out of drama I just always try to do the right thing.

Fuck this lol why couldnt he have just not told me lol.

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SmilingPig

I would tell her, despite the fact that it’s not the best thing to do for me.

The mere fact that she asked you means that she thinks that you are a decent guy, so if you don’t tell her you prove her wrong.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By wjb

Usually minding your own business is the way to go, but if she's your friend, you might want to investigate. Especially if she's your girlfriend's sister -- don't want to get in hot water, just in case. They might take your reluctance negatively. Also, STDs.

By the way, that dude sounds like a real "winner." "Hurr durr, I slept wit four gurls, derp."

kneebees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kneebees

Two things, firstly chrismafuchris.... make your own thread about your non important stuff elsewhere. this dude has a real problem and your twitter stuff is no buenos? (upsidedown questionmark?) secondly - buddy, it sounds like the guy is a total scumbag, the sort of person who should be forgotten about.. While it isn't really your business, and it is i'm sure weird to watch from the outside. The problem you are really having here, is thinking that if something goes terribly you will blame it on yourself. It is not you fault in any way!

I don't know the ins and outs of this situation and it could be very different from how I picture it, but if it's getting to you enough to sit there and write a post about it on a video game site. Then maybe its a major problem and you should think about saying something... but it depends on so many factors that are specific to you.

This doesn't sound like a very good answer but if it was me, i wouldn't say anything direct but i would make sure that it was known. Don't be a gossip, but just... make sure that people are... aware of current events.

"DID YOU HEAR THAT ONE ARMY DOUCHE FUCKED LIKE A FUCKIN' HUNDRED PEOPLE ALL THE TIME? CRAZY RIGHT? WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF REAL TEXAS? YEAH IT WAS THIS COOL WEIRD THING IN A CASTLE WITH LIMBO AND BRITISH COWBOYWIZARDS!"

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kishan6

@wjb said:

Usually minding your own business is the way to go, but if she's your friend, you might want to investigate. Especially if she's your girlfriend's sister -- don't want to get in hot water, just in case. They might take your reluctance negatively. Also, STDs.

By the way, that dude sounds like a real "winner." "Hurr durr, I slept wit four gurls, derp."

Yeah Ive been trying to investigate but I dont talk to this kid at all besides that like one time so I cant ask him what his relationship status is. And yeah this is a unrelated story but said something about me and the minivan I drive ( Im broke so fucking shoot me, its wheels man) so yeah he is kind of a dickbag

kneebees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By kneebees

I was pretending I was at a party at the end there.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By wjb

@kishan6 said:

@wjb said:

Yeah Ive been trying to investigate but I dont talk to this kid at all besides that like one time so I cant ask him what his relationship status is. And yeah this is a unrelated story but said something about me and the minivan I drive ( Im broke so fucking shoot me, its wheels man) so yeah he is kind of a dickbag

I think you know your answer then. You can state your opinion without getting too specific. I do that all the time. He's obviously a dirtbag and maybe your friend will realize that sooner than later. Sometimes people just have to make mistakes.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#21  Edited By pyromagnestir

@kishan6: Find out if a threesome is potentially on the table. (or if insist on being helpful, I suppose you could try to get your friend to talk to talk to this guy. Sounds like either a miscommunication or he's lying to her about stuff.)

@chrismafuchris: Fake your own death.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#22  Edited By Slag

@kishan6 said:

@Zor said:

Thats what Im saying I would want someone to tell me.

But I seriously dont want to get into any complete bullshit situations. I tend to stay out of drama I just always try to do the right thing.

Fuck this lol why couldnt he have just not told me lol.

Dude seriously don't get involved. Nothing can come out this well for either of you. The truth is you don't really know. The guy said said stuff to you, but he could have been exaggerating to impress his buddies (or you). Or he could be a liar, or he could have actually been with those girls, or maybe something else. Point is you don't really know, and you shouldn't try to find out.

If she asks you again, just tell her to ask the army guy not you. If they are actually dating she's going to have to find out from the army guy anyway. And by doing so, if he's up to gettin' around she will probably find out.

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23  Edited By aurahack
kneebees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By kneebees

@pyromagnestir: You can't make a terrible joke and then tell someone to kill himself.

It just makes you both look bad.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dont be involved with it because nothing happened as long as she doesnt find out ;)  

But real talk, I think you could confront him though.  Theres nothing wrong with that.  

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By pyromagnestir

@kneebees: @pyromagnestir said:

@kishan6: Find out if a threesome is potentially on the table. (or if insist on being helpful, I suppose you could try to get your friend to talk to talk to this guy. Sounds like either a miscommunication or he's lying to her about stuff.)

@chrismafuchris: Fake your own death.

Fake...

And who's this other person that looks bad? I'm the only one you're referring too. I should be the only one who looks bad, no?

kneebees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By kneebees

@pyromagnestir: everyone looks bad always.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By pyromagnestir

@kneebees: Well I have nothing to do with that. As long as I'm not inadvertently making others looks bad then all's good.

kneebees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By kneebees

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG: yes, confronting is a good idea if the guy is at all reasonable. Don't put yourself in a place where aggression may fall upon you though.

kneebees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By kneebees

@pyromagnestir: If i'm honest, i just mis-read and i thought you were being harsh. it made me unsmiley. sorry for the judgement.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Franstone

If my friend had some info about my significant other cheating on me I would hope they would tell me...

Tolshakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Tolshakk

Why pass up an opportunity to cause drama?

SpartyOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SpartyOn

@kishan6: I've been in a similar situation before. I did nothing, she got hurt, and then she found out I knew because of a slip-up from the mutual I chose to come to for advice. Then her friend, my girlfriend, was all kinds of furious and associated me with a cheating scumbag, The fact is man, you do know what's up, and thus have to make a decision. Ethics is sticky business sometimes...I'd just consider how you would feel if you're girlfriend treated you like that ass treats her, and think about what you would want your friend/girlfriend to do in that situation. I wish you luck.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kneebees said:

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG: yes, confronting is a good idea if the guy is at all reasonable. Don't put yourself in a place where aggression may fall upon you though.

for some strange reason I feel like the guy seems kinda threatening though because hes in the army and he seems douchey.  
SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SexyToad

Tell her only if you are positive that he is cheating. If you're not then just stay out.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By Sackmanjones

If you need some serious advice... You have come to the wrong place

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Lunar_Aura

tell him that she's cheating on him and grab some popcorm

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Sploder

You should fuck him and see how he likes it.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jimmyfenix

@Sploder said:

Char12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Char12

@Sploder said:

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DeF

@GenocidalKitten said:

Well, if she's asking you all you can do is tell her what you know. Right?

I think you should get more information, make sure it's not a miscommunication, then talk to her.

agreed!

if you can't get more information, make absolutely clear that you are not sure if you heard it right and not present it as fact.

edit: saw a later post:

@wjb said:

@kishan6 said:

@wjb said:

I think you know your answer then. You can state your opinion without getting too specific. I do that all the time. He's obviously a dirtbag and maybe your friend will realize that sooner than later. Sometimes people just have to make mistakes.

If he's acting like that, I have little doubt that you misheard what he said that one time. Definitely tell her to be careful with that dude at least...

Geralt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Geralt

If she found out later on, that dude will definitely think it was you. So...no way out for you either way.

Brace for impact!

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44  Edited By Seppli

All depends on their relationship. If it's just casual sex for sport, it's a no harm/no foul situation.

Either way. Feint ignorance and shut your mouth. You'll be golden. If asked your opinion, side with her. Done.

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#45  Edited By inkerman

Well here's what the million dollar question boils down to; which do you prefer, your friend finding out by some other means and suffering, but you (hopefully) staying high and dry and no play no foul, or telling your friend, causing her maybe less pain, but you getting dragged into the drama.

Kind of reminds of the philosophy question about the runaway tram and if you pull the lever you kill five people but if you do nothing 10 die.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#46  Edited By TheHT

He ain't your friend, she is. Tell her what his big mouth told you.

Avatar image for whiteforestparkrangr
WhiteForestParkRangr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems fairly straight-forward, based on your story. If he's telling the truth in boasting about his extra-relational sexual exploits, then he's a douche-canoe. If he's lying about it to make himself look good, he's also a douche-canoe, just slightly less so. Either way the guy is a cheater or an egotistical, habitual liar (which wouldn't bode well for your girlfriend's sister's feelings sooner or later).

I think she should know about what was said, otherwise you may feel partly culpable if something bad results of you just "letting things go, man!". I wouldn't want to be friends with someone who feigns ignorance about MY significant other's improprieties just for the sake of my feelings. Sweeping things under the carpet/keeping her in the dark would be to let this asshole win and most likely stomp all over her clueless heart in due time. I prefer the painful truth to a comfortable lie (by omission or otherwise). I also think she would value you looking out for her best interests and even if you got a negative initial reaction, in retrospect would eventually come to appreciate you appreciating honesty and truth and not being so condescending as to think she's not adult enough to handle it, especially if she cares about what you think. And who gives two shits what douche-canoe thinks/does, an extreme defensive or even violent reaction would only further demonstrate you most likely made the right choice.

To the "It's none of your business" folks, the guy made it his business the moment he opened his fat mouth and told him he fucked 4 other girls behind a good friend's back. He didn't ask to hear that, but now that he did, he's been made into an unwilling accessory to douche-canoe's possible immoral acts against someone he cares about and so finds himself in a bit of a moral dilemma.

Like others already said, I'd sit her down and qualify your words and intentions very carefully and just state what was said, not an interpretation what you think he actually meant, as that would be for her to decipher and act upon (assuming she believes them to be in a monogamous "relationship"). At the least, if it only meant her taking a "wait and see" approach and keeping a closer, more skeptical eye on things then it would still be totally worth it in my eyes.

Ultimately you are the most qualified to decide a course of action here, as everyone here offering an opinion is doing so in a contextual/informational vacuum. Go with your own moral compass dude. If it doesn't "feel" right, it most likely isn't.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#48  Edited By AhmadMetallic

@GenocidalKitten said:

I think you should get more information, make sure it's not a miscommunication, then talk to her.

Is this lyrics?

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By tim_the_corsair

You need to tell her.

You owe this dickhead nothing and she is someone you care about, even if it is simply because of the relationship to your girlfriend.

Tell her, it's the right thing to do.