• 95 results
theanticitizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By theanticitizen

Which may have been my first mistake, but I found an article about the PS3 shipping more worldwide than the 360, granted it was only by 1 million units, however I made the excellent decision to scroll to the comments section. So, I just have to ask you guys, are the console wars still a thing? Because apparently the IGN users think so. It's kind of depressing and hilarious at the same time to see. Anyways, that's all for now.

theanticitizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By theanticitizen

Which may have been my first mistake, but I found an article about the PS3 shipping more worldwide than the 360, granted it was only by 1 million units, however I made the excellent decision to scroll to the comments section. So, I just have to ask you guys, are the console wars still a thing? Because apparently the IGN users think so. It's kind of depressing and hilarious at the same time to see. Anyways, that's all for now.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Why should we care about IGN comments?

"So I was on Youtube..."

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By jdh5153

Yeah, they're pretty illogical. Besides the PS3 'shipped' more but actually sold MUCH less than the 360...Obviously the 360 is the master race and anything else should be eliminated, because we cannot live in a world with these things called the PS3 because their very existence offends me so much!

leinad44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By leinad44

Console wars stopped being meaningful as soon as I left school and realised all consoles have their own merits. I identify myself as a player of anything regardless of the console. I understand the psychology behind it, you have to feel that your money has been well invested and that may come from picking at other consoles faults. As childish as that is.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By JasonR86

I don't think we have much of a right to belittle the comments section of another site.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hunkulese
@theanticitizen why so much hate?
BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BraveToaster

I'm sure it's still a thing for some people. There will always be console wars, so no surprise there.

Azurath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Azurath

It's IGN, most of their users don't even know games can be played on the PC.

Let them be, they aren't doing any harm.

morrelloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By morrelloman

Caring about PS3 vs. 360 is child's play. Adults have both or PC.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LikeaSsur

Just wait until the new consoles are announced. Even this place will get infected.

Dacnomaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dacnomaniac

You read the comments section of a website...that was your first mistake.

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Maajin

@morrelloman said:

Adults living in a first world country, at least.

But hey, after the whole Devil May Cry thing, fighting about consoles seems reasonable and mature.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#13  Edited By alistercat

As long as there are places to claim to be part of the master race, people will always be willing. It becomes less and less a thing as the years go on. This isn't Nintendo vs Sega.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By superfriend

@morrelloman said:

How about both AND a gaming PC... and the Wii U?! Now that would be just a tad nerdy :P

Seriously, "console wars" should be a thing of the past at this point- a lot of people seem to confuse it with platform comparisons though. I think stuff like digital foundry comparisons has a lot of value to people like me who own multiple systems.

So, in short: Condemn the console wars but keep comparing different versions of games, cause there still ARE a lot of differences between the platforms.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By awesomeusername

@morrelloman said:

Adults have both or PC.

Can't tell if you're being serious but sarcastic. If you're being serious, go to IGN.

Trainer_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Trainer_Red

People who fight over which consoles are better are stupid because we all know the Gamecube cannot be beat in terms of accessories and overall system performance. It is was a cube gift from the Gods. Like Soma, but with less goat's blood.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17  Edited By granderojo

As someone who plays exclusively on the PC now with no investment anymore in consoles or their wars, I think number of consoles sold is not the only metric you should judge by with success. Those platforms are so much more about getting alternate revenue streams that only counting sales is dumb. When you count alternate revenue streams you have to think the 360 is winning handily. Last time I was following this stuff Major Nelson had said that 360 had over 50 million active gold 60$ a year users signed up. These consoles have been going on for how long now? If they sustained any amount of that you have to think they made handy profits on the 360 despite it's problems.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jimmyfenix

i will just stick to my zeebo thanks

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

At first I thought the title meant you were featured or something on IGN. I was quite disappointed.

Also I guess the console wars are still going on. Just go on Youtube, type in *Insert Ps3 exclusive* Review and click the IGN one. 90% of the comments are "Shitbox sux PS3 has exclusivezzz!"

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

Well when the guy who the wrote the article (the awful Colin Moriarty) obviously really, really cares about consoles wars, it's no surprise the users of that site are just as petty. Every article that guy writes is how much better Playstation is compared to Nintendo and Microsoft, how he has a job as a professorial writer is beyond me.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RazielCuts

They have features especially for this on IGN (E.G. Playstation Conversation), they want those fanboy clicks, they want to start wars in the comments. Its what drives advertising.

cletusvandamm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By cletusvandamm

I've never really understood people bashing other people just because of their preferred console. Just play what you like. Who cares if it's on a cutting edge PC, or a shiny new XBox or PS3? If it's good to you and your having fun, play it. Unless it's put out by Nintendo. Fuck those guys and their horrible fans.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By C0V3RT

Console wars stop once you grow up and come to terms that every console has their own pros and cons, and that people need to come to the conclusion as to which one is right for them on their own. I'm going to take a leap here that may be totally off base, but I'd venture to guess most people who take to forums to claim console superiority are probably of a younger audience who own one console that their parents bought for them, and feel the need to justify their choice of console's short comings by masking it with their consoles strengths. Once these kids grow up and join the workforce, disposable income is a hell of a thing and can just purchase all the consoles should they so choose at which point, which console is best doesn't matter.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By zeforgotten
@Superfriend said:

@morrelloman said:

How about both AND a gaming PC... and the Wii U?! Now that would be just a tad nerdy :P

Thank you for saying that I'm only a tad nerdy :P 
Now I feel my collection of consoles and my gaming PC are not super duper nerdy :P
SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SSully

@LikeaSsur said:

Just wait until the new consoles are announced. Even this place will get infected.

Why don't you get off the forums and play your precious PS3? Oh wait, it has no games to play.

In all seriousness, i am dreading the day that petty bullshit makes its way here.
Aterons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Aterons

So i was on youtube and checked out "insert rapper name/pop musician name here" and people are still arguing about music... is that even a thing still !?

Different sites have different audiences and if you go to IGN you are likely not to find the same level of discussion you find on GB much like if you go to sites i won't name you will likely not find some of the topic of discussion that are still "up to date" and "interesting enough" to be discussed on GB.

This can be applied to cultures, countries and social circles as well... information "lags" and importance of said information and the way is treated differs from individual to individual, welcome to the human race.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27  Edited By s10129107

no

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By superfriend

@ZeForgotten said:

@Superfriend said:

@morrelloman said:

Thank you for saying that I'm only a tad nerdy :P Now I feel my collection of consoles and my gaming PC are not super duper nerdy :P

Aw, no come on. Super duper nerdy would require some amount of comic book collecting and/or convention-attending on your part.

Nah, not really. I always hated the descriptor "nerdy". It´s not fair to put people into groups because of their hobbies or preferences *ahem* Gamespot´s weird gamer-type videos *ahem*

Avatar image for warlockengineermoredakka
WarlockEngineerMoreDakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Yes, System Wars are still a thing- and will continue to be a thing as long as Humanity and more than one gaming system continue to co-exist. >_> (All those young-uns need their opinions validated somehow! :P )

They are unsurprisingly the most common on the larger gaming sites. So lets just say there's a "reason" Gamespot still has a whole board dedicated to the subject. <_<

@LikeaSsur said:

@Dacnomaniac said:

You read the comments section of a website...that was your first mistake.

Both of these comments know what's up. :P

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#30  Edited By DarthOrange

IGN has some funny comments. Not in a sarcastic way either. Sure there are console war bickering arguments every now and again but I love how there community isn't afraid to have some goofy internet wackiness. 

This was in the comments for The Walking Dead getting a new show runner article. 

Patrick would throw a shit fit if he saw how many thumbs up it got. 
Patrick would throw a shit fit if he saw how many thumbs up it got. 

And sometimes there is just random shit like this comment posted on an expensive NES cartridge going on sale article
Fun fact: Culo means ass in spanish. 
Fun fact: Culo means ass in spanish. 
Point is don't assume all IGN users are the same 12 year old children (no some of them really are young children, they have called in to the podcast before). Giant Bomb is still my home but damn it I am an IGN user too.
djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By djou

For those interested there was an interesting GAF post that debunked the sales total, calling into question whether the PS3 over took the 360. The logic seems sound.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=507950

At some point I expect the PS3 to overtake the 360 just because Sony will continue to support it for a long time and the console has better adoption in other countries outside the US.

HeyImPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By HeyImPhoenix

I can't believe it was ever a thing, it's embarrassing to gamers.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#33  Edited By l4wd0g

Every time I look at the NPDs I'm reminded of how much of a divided there is in the different regions. Xbox sells better in American where the PlayStation does better in the EU and Asia.

I wonder how different this generation would have been if Sony would have launched at a decreased price and if they had a better, more user friendly, UI.

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By clstirens

@JasonR86 said:

I don't think we have much of a right to belittle the comments section of another site.

When Giant Bomb was much smaller, the community tended to have longer, more thought-out conversations. Popularity invites immaturity and lots of white noise.

I can say definitely that I prefer Giant Bomb, still lots of cool duders here. However, sometimes the comments depress me.

-

And then I close my web browser and just play fucking vidja games.

theanticitizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By theanticitizen
@Dacnomaniac yeah I think that's probably the first mistake I made lol
theanticitizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By theanticitizen

I think maybe you guys all misunderstood me. I'm not like "OH GOD THEY'RE ALL SO STUPID AND I HATE THEM!!" It's just that I kind of forgot about the console "wars" and it was weird to see it brought up again

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By frankfartmouth

The console wars are alive, but it seems to be more the casual vs. hardcore thing than anything else, i.e., Nintendo or No-tendo. I don't often see much between Sony and MS users, at least not like it was when the PS3 launched. It was pretty contentious then.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#38  Edited By LiquidPrince

@Superfriend said:

@morrelloman said:

Shit, you're onto me!

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#39  Edited By evanbower

@LiquidPrince said:

@Superfriend said:

@morrelloman said:

Shit, you're onto me!

All consoles or bust.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By super2j

I feel like the true war is Console vs PC.

on the otherhand, with the consoles adopting more pc qualities (cd keys are around the corner) and the PC's main battle ship, steam, vying for the living room. And lets not forget that the majority of games are multiplatform. the future is pc's and dumb pc's that have the same exact media services available on the pc, and in the same way.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By super2j

@cletusvandamm said:

I've never really understood people bashing other people just because of their preferred console. Just play what you like. Who cares if it's on a cutting edge PC, or a shiny new XBox or PS3? If it's good to you and your having fun, play it. Unless it's put out by Nintendo. Fuck those guys and their horrible fans.

look at it this way. You are holding a very heavy box, and so is another person. People are showing up and are deciding if they will help you or the other guy. This is when you see the first group of people go to help the other guy. You now get worried that no one is going to help you with your heavy box, and you will drop it and it will hurt. So how do you get people to come to you when u cannot physically do anything? You start to scream about why ur side of the room is better and why the other guys box is ugly or lacks this or that.

I bought my ps3, I know that the more people do what I do, the more games I can expect, the more people i can see online. this may not be necessarily be true, it is just my analysis of the situation. Evidence? Look at why GB staff focus on the 360 for their home gaming needs, because "all my friends are there". So "me" over here with my ps3 cannot join in. Do I really regret the decision to buy the PS3? No, because it is an amazing system to me and to me I rather not spend a dime for online then to have the "Superior" xbox experience. But, if most of my friends or internet compatriots are on the competition, then its hard not to feel like you are left out. And there no way I am willing to spend 300$ for something that is not very different.

MudMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#42  Edited By MudMan

It's a shame that console wars can still rear their ugly heads at stuff like this, because otherwise the news piece is very interesting. In the US the Xbox has an insurmountable lead, and it is predicted to eventually overtake the Wii by some analysts, while worldwide the PS3 seems to have been slowly outselling the 360 on non-holiday weeks until it not only caught up with the early lead, but it made up for the US, too.

That's a very interesting thing, in perspective, and so are the underlying reasons for it. Which I called years ago and I like to brag about.

theanticitizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By theanticitizen
@LiquidPrince wait...I have a 360, PS3, Wii and a gaming PC. And both handhelds. What does this make me?
I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#44  Edited By I_smell

A hoarder.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By StaticFalconar

@I_smell said:

A hoarder.
Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Krullban

Stop trying to start website wars.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#47  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@theanticitizen said:

@LiquidPrince wait...I have a 360, PS3, Wii and a gaming PC. And both handhelds. What does this make me?

Someone who understands there are quality games on each platform and who has the money to buy them all.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Cloudenvy

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@theanticitizen said:

Someone who understands there are quality games on each platform and who has the money to buy them all.

Pfft, those guys are all douchebags!

SocietySays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By SocietySays

@Cloudenvy said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@theanticitizen said:

1%er douchebags!

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Ravenlight

@KrypticKiller said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@theanticitizen said:

1%er douchebags!

Occupy video games? I mean SEXISM!