So, I went to a Rammstein concert. (Pictures inside!)

• 57 results
big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

Edited By big_jon

A few weeks ago I went to go see Rammstein in Vancouver.

Being on of my favourite bands, this was my first concert ever, it was pretty crazy. I was a bit nervous I guess to start, I went in the mosh-pit for like three minutes, someone shoved me pretty hard, so I shoved back even harder, he went down, and took three other guys with him, it was fun, my friend helped them up, we got pretty close a couple times, we moved around a lot. The show was crazy, tons of explosions, metal, bondage, and fire.

Amazing shot my friend grabbed
Trying on my new Rammstein shirt to see if it fits
Pre-party, night before.
Pre-party, night before.
Fits
Fits
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By big_jon

A few weeks ago I went to go see Rammstein in Vancouver.

Being on of my favourite bands, this was my first concert ever, it was pretty crazy. I was a bit nervous I guess to start, I went in the mosh-pit for like three minutes, someone shoved me pretty hard, so I shoved back even harder, he went down, and took three other guys with him, it was fun, my friend helped them up, we got pretty close a couple times, we moved around a lot. The show was crazy, tons of explosions, metal, bondage, and fire.

Pre-party, night before.
Pre-party, night before.
Fits
Fits
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By tunaburn

you seem quite old to be going to your first show. by the time i was 18 id been to at least 25 concerts. got autographs and backstage passes to most. including mudvayne, fear factory, and kittie. although i dont like any of those bands now. also, i dont get rammstein. ill take meshuggah anyday. but glad you had fun. i used to love going to shows. but now i go to watch the fights instead.

droop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By droop

Never been much of a fan, but that looks like a hell of a performance. Cool pictures!

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This made me realize I've never been to a concert.

:(

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By big_jon

@Zacagawea: There's still time.

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Fuck yeah dude, I am definitely jelly. I like much of their work, but Mutter is still my favourite album of theirs to date.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By s10129107

Did they pretend to pee on you?

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By big_jon

@S0ndor: Good album, they played the song too, it was actually on mothers day.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By big_jon

@s10129107: Pee? No. Jizz? Yes.

Roflwaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Roflwaffles

...I thought they were in prison for hanging a Jewish boy with barbed wire?

Avatar image for deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec
deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where's the rubber cock and vodka semen?

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By big_jon

@Roflwaffles said:

...I thought they were in prison for hanging a Jewish boy with barbed wire?

lolwut?

@TheVeteran13 It was there, just no pictures, I was front row for that and people were bumping into me too much for me to risk my phone.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Aetheldod

Funny my first concert was also Rammstein ... but around the time were Du Hast was the shitz!!!! Also flame thrower was friggin awesome , these dudes do know how to put up a cool show

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By big_jon

@Aetheldod: hahaha. Cool

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By laserbolts

I didn't know people seriously liked Rammstein.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ShaggE

Not really a big fan, but I'd LOVE to see them live, if just for the spectacle. Also, they can play the fuck out of "Beautiful People", injecting more energy into that song than it has had since '96.

Voxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Voxus

How are you still alive?

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By tim_the_corsair

Saw them once I the early 2000s, great show.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MeierTheRed

@Aetheldod said:

Funny my first concert was also Rammstein ... but around the time were Du Hast was the shitz!!!! Also flame thrower was friggin awesome , these dudes do know how to put up a cool show

Those where their good days. Can't really say that anymore.

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By Zleunamme

I got see Rammstein when they came to the AT&T center in San Antonio, Texas. They are so freaking awesome. I been wanting to see that band for a long time and I am happy that they toured North America this year. I have one less item on my bucket list. You took nice photos.

I think you are referring to one their singles--Ich tu dir weh--being banned from German store for having S&M imagery in the song. One of the lines translated to barbwire in the urethra.

ZombieSpace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ZombieSpace

I went to see them with my sister when is was about 13 years old. Lots of naked women and dildos, good times.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By big_jon

@laserbolts said:

Trololololol

quemador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By quemador
@tunaburn very infotmative, best comment...dick, you are never too old for this type of stuff.
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I've seen them twice now, once at Madison Square Garden in NY and again back in April in Worcester, MA. I was in the nosebleeds for the first show but it was still the best show I've ever seen, and got in the pit for the second show which was....well, fucking incredible. They're one of the best live bands ever.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By AhmadMetallic

REISE REISE

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By big_jon

@AhmadMetallic: One of my favourites.

FilipHolm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FilipHolm

Some of those Pic's are really cool. You should try and sell them to the band or something :p

Avatar image for shalashaskauk666
ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ShalashaskaUK666
The_Tolman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By The_Tolman

Havent cared for this band for a few years. Some excellent photos though.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Strife777

Rammstein for your first concert sure seems like a good way to leave a lasting impression.

Never been to a concert myself, not sure I was made to go to them (I'm not a very enthusiastic person even when I enjoy myself), but I heard they they always put up a fantastic show.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#31  Edited By Sooty

Rammstein are great, recent albums not so much, still some great music.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MariachiMacabre

This just makes me excited to see Dethklok, Gojira and Lamb of God in Kansas City in August.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By subject2change

Yeah every band wants to buy their own photos or photos of them from an out of focus camera phone.

However that's cool you finally got to your first show. Concerts can be fun, but honestly too many people ruin the experience; I.e. people holding up shitty camera phones taking out of focus photos constantly, or holding them up to record a video that will look like shit (most likely); just go on youtube and find a billion others if you want. Remember the experience with your own eyes. Take a photo or two for FaceBook, but that's it. People pushing their way through the crowd and such when they show up late. I go to at least a dozen shows a year, not much Metal anymore the last being Amon Amarth in like 07; however I often get frustrated and tired of the people at them. Concerts make me remember why I love live music and hate people.

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 4

#34  Edited By yetiantics

Wow, that's awesome. I was late to the party when it came to Rammstein, but I loved Reise Reise. Made my way through the previous catalogs and they were glorious, but Reise Reise has a special place.

(True Story: had to buy that album in Mexico because it came out 2 months later in the US)

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By big_jon

@Subject2Change said:

Yeah every band wants to buy their own photos or photos of them from an out of focus camera phone.

However that's cool you finally got to your first show. Concerts can be fun, but honestly too many people ruin the experience; I.e. people holding up shitty camera phones taking out of focus photos constantly, or holding them up to record a video that will look like shit (most likely); just go on youtube and find a billion others if you want. Remember the experience with your own eyes. Take a photo or two for FaceBook, but that's it. People pushing their way through the crowd and such when they show up late. I go to at least a dozen shows a year, not much Metal anymore the last being Amon Amarth in like 07; however I often get frustrated and tired of the people at them. Concerts make me remember why I love live music and hate people.

Considering your attitude I think you might be the issue...

People pushed me, I pushed them back, no real biggie.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By iam3green

@tunaburn: how do you go abouts getting a backstage pass? i've never got a backstage pass to any concerts that i've been to. i have met james roots (guitar player for slipknot and stone sour) at a concert. he was taking pictures of the band that was playing. i also got to wave at the other guitar / bass player for stone sour. all that remains body guards hit me before. friends and i were hanging outside of the place the tour bus was right there. phil was walking outside of the bus and i walked up to him and his body guard pushed me.

that's pretty cool. friend and i were just talking about rammstien. we watched du haust videos. the performance look great, like huge explosions. i think i would like them if they sang in english. that would be pretty cool.

TheBostonPops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TheBostonPops

I've never been into metal, but this looks like a great spectacle.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By korwin

How much fake rubber dong ass fucking was there on stage?

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By subject2change

@big_jon said:

@Subject2Change said:

You've been to 1 show in your life. I do a dozen plus a year, normally multiple in a month. It's different when you are seeing The Shins live, compared to Amon Amarth or even Rammstein. You expect pushing and moshing at a metal show, not underage drunk bitches pushing you cause they want to get in front of you; push some random 5'3" girl at a show and expect to get punched in the face. Your spirit will break after a few shows, or maybe you are part of the problem. People that commit these obnoxious things that ruin others people experiences.

I help people crowd surf, I push when people push me, but assholes holding up their phone for an entire set is a distraction, and unnecessary. Post an update when you've been to 5 shows, post another when you've been to 25 shows.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By big_jon

@Subject2Change said:

@big_jon said:

@Subject2Change said:

You've been to 1 show in your life. I do a dozen plus a year, normally multiple in a month. It's different when you are seeing The Shins live, compared to Amon Amarth or even Rammstein. You expect pushing and moshing at a metal show, not underage drunk bitches pushing you cause they want to get in front of you. Your spirit will break after a few shows, or maybe you are part of the problem. People that commit these obnoxious things that ruin others people experiences.

So, first I am the reasons concerts are not fun is because I take pictures, and now it is because I shove ass holes who shove me? You sure are a pleasant person...

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By tunaburn

@iam3green: basically i went to the same club to see shows a ton. talked to the people that worked there everytime. after a while they hooked me up. i got a huge autographed deftones poster. and pictures of me with the band kittie with them kissing me on the cheek. was a gooooooood night.

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

Went to the May 3rd show in Cleveland. Rammstein puts on one hell of a show. Pyrotechnics and the band members just going nuts is amazing. I highly recommend it for anyone looking for a good show.

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ShockD
@TheVeteran13 said:

Where's the rubber cock and vodka semen?

Was about to ask the same thing.
AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By AssInAss

Glad to see they still put on a great show.

Their music was used for one of the best anime music videos:

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By altairre

Those guys always put on an incredible spectacular show.

@Zleunamme said:

I got see Rammstein when they came to the AT&T center in San Antonio, Texas. They are so freaking awesome. I been wanting to see that band for a long time and I am happy that they toured North America this year. I have one less item on my bucket list. You took nice photos.

I think you are referring to one their singles--Ich tu dir weh--being banned from German store for having S&M imagery in the song. One of the lines translated to barbwire in the urethra.

Yeah they have some pretty crazy songs. Denn du bist, was du isst...

astrozombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By astrozombie

Saw them when they came to Denver. Great show

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By subject2change

@big_jon said:

@Subject2Change said:

@big_jon said:

@Subject2Change said:

You've been to 1 show in your life. I do a dozen plus a year, normally multiple in a month. It's different when you are seeing The Shins live, compared to Amon Amarth or even Rammstein. You expect pushing and moshing at a metal show, not underage drunk bitches pushing you cause they want to get in front of you. Your spirit will break after a few shows, or maybe you are part of the problem. People that commit these obnoxious things that ruin others people experiences.

So, first I am the reasons concerts are not fun is because I take pictures, and now it is because I shove ass holes who shove me? You sure are a pleasant person...

Right right, metal head usually means brain dead. Forgot about that. Not going to bother any more.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#49  Edited By Little_Socrates

@laserbolts said:

News to me as well. Glad they put on a good live show, though! Would never have even thought to see them live, I've only heard Du Hast and America because I was with friends who thought they were goofy.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By big_jon

@Subject2Change: You are now being an over generalizing doucher, why did you even come in here in the first place? Just to share your shitty attitude, well thanks I guess, but in the future, don't.