#1 Posted by falserelic (5394 posts) -

How would that make you feel? Personally I think that's insane. I can only imagine the tigers getting pissed-off one day and eating the whole family. Takes alot of balls to raise seven of them at their home, it would be funny if a burglar decides to break in.

#2 Posted by Aetheldod (3541 posts) -

I think people shuldnt be allowed to have big nimals as mascots or any other exotic kind (nor zoos for all I care)

#3 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4184 posts) -

Sally's gonna die.

#4 Posted by MikkaQ (10276 posts) -

I think it should be illegal to keep non-domesticated animals as pets. Keeping them as livestock... I can understand. But don't keep some wild hunter animal in captivity, that's cruel. Eat it or set it free that's what I say.

#5 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7069 posts) -

@mikkaq said:

I think it should be illegal to keep non-domesticated animals as pets. Keeping them as livestock... I can understand. But don't keep some wild hunter animal in captivity, that's cruel. Eat it or set it free that's what I say.

Especially animals as threatened as Tigers. Given how few of them are left, that's especially cruel.

#6 Posted by LiquidPenguins (181 posts) -

I wish I was as rich and crazy as these people. My life will never be that exciting!

#7 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

@mikkaq said:

Especially animals as threatened as Tigers. Given how few of them are left, that's especially cruel.

Right there with you.
Why stop at tigers, why not take the rest of the Pandas or something as well.

But man, I hope nothing goes wrong and that little kid stays safe..
Well I guess the older kids as well.

#8 Posted by TheHT (11080 posts) -

ಠ_ಠ

#9 Posted by mrfluke (5126 posts) -

madness

#10 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7069 posts) -

@mariachimacabre said:

@mikkaq said:

Right there with you.

"And this is our pet Black Rhino, Paul. Paul is a bit shy so be sure not to sit on the couch behind him."

Fuck those people. I want the species to survive, not get buried in a pet cemetary next to a hamster named Cheeks.

#11 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

@zeforgotten said:

@mariachimacabre said:

@mikkaq said:

Right there with you.

"And this is our pet Black Rhino, Paul. Paul is a bit shy so be sure not to sit on the couch behind him."

Fuck those people. I want the species to survive, not get buried in a pet cemetary next to a hamster named Cheeks.

You're right again. Who even gives them permission to have tigers as pets? Is Brazil just a lawless country when it comes to.. well, everything?

#12 Posted by Daiphyer (1332 posts) -

They seem like a family of crazy people.

#13 Posted by MB (12191 posts) -

Didn't that dude hear about what happened to Siegfried & Roy with their beloved tiger that would never, ever have hurt either one of them because it loved them so much? I can only hope that when one of those tigers decides to bite someone's face off, that it's the father who is around at the time.

#14 Edited by Morningstar (2148 posts) -

May they all be eaten for their vanity.

#15 Posted by Demoskinos (14713 posts) -

Non-domesticated animals like Tigers even if brought up as a cub by them still has wild instincts and that cat is going to kill one if not all of them some day. Lets just hope its not the children.

#16 Edited by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

Come on tiger. Eat the rich.

#17 Edited by CaLe (3943 posts) -

What language is that? I can't place it at all.

#18 Posted by fisk0 (3975 posts) -
#19 Edited by insane_shadowblade85 (1414 posts) -

Someone is going to die, that's what that looks like. Eventually the tiger will go nuts and kill someone.

#20 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4184 posts) -
#21 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

@fisk0 said:

@zeforgotten said:

Is Brazil just a lawless country when it comes to.. well, everything?

Well, they did get Genesis ports of FIFA 2008, The Sims and Need For Speed ProStreet. So they have benefits!

Why did I ever doubt you?..

Lucky bastard!
He sounds pretty damn stoked about it that guy!
(To be fair, not understanding the language he could be stoked or angry. Sounds the same to me)

#22 Posted by Monkeyman04 (1041 posts) -
@mb said:

Didn't that dude hear about what happened to Siegfried & Roy with their beloved tiger that would never, ever have hurt either one of them because it loved them so much? I can only hope that when one of those tigers decides to bite someone's face off, that it's the father who is around at the time.

That's what I was thinking. Just because one has had a tiger since it was a cub doesn't stop it from being a vicious animal.

#23 Posted by myketuna (1668 posts) -

@cale said:

What language is that? I can't place it at all.

Portuguese. (95% sure)

#24 Edited by GnaTSoL (791 posts) -

@mikkaq: If I were an animal, I would think both captivity and being eating were both cruel. Don't understand how you put one above the other. :S

#25 Edited by AckbarTheGreat (419 posts) -

@gnatsol: If you were a tiger you'd also brutally kill and eat things on a daily basis. There's nothing cruel about eating an animal.

#26 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6294 posts) -

I hope so badly that they escape and exact their vengeance on that family of profoundly retarded people.

#27 Edited by mlarrabee (2908 posts) -

Big cats are notorious for instantly turning on their masters. Several "lion tamers" have been picked clean by cats they've raised from birth.

This book, The Edge of Danger, has a few pieces about big cats, as well as some other excellent stories of classic adventure.

#28 Posted by Hunter5024 (5598 posts) -

That's badass. Also they are probably going to die.

#29 Posted by Missacre (566 posts) -

It would probably be a lot safer if they had the tiger's weight in regular house cats instead. Of course that'll probably be like 100 cats, but still, cats.

#30 Edited by ArbitraryWater (11585 posts) -

At some point, someone in that family will end up dead. Maybe multiple someones. Keeping exotic animals more than capable of brutally killing humans always seemed like a really bad idea.

#31 Edited by Chaser324 (6389 posts) -
Moderator Online
#32 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7069 posts) -
#33 Posted by Ley_Lines (252 posts) -

I severely dislike that they encouraged their toddler to ride the tiger, that's child endangerment in my book. That being said, the guy claims that he rescued the tigers from a circus that they were being abused at and opened a small habitat for them with plans to open a larger one. If brazil lacks the infrastructure to take care of these animals, then I like that this guy stepped up. With the exception of the toddler, they all look like adults to me, it seems to me that they can make the choice to be around the tigers.

#34 Edited by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
#35 Posted by Brendan (7730 posts) -

I don't like the fact that the tiger is in captivity, but the people who actually wish death on the family are pretty gross.

#36 Posted by RandomHero666 (3181 posts) -

He rescued them from a circus, fair play.. that was a good move.
But when, not if.. when one of those tigers breaks his neck and eats that kid.. the tigers will be blamed, and shot.

She says its instincts are dormant, fucking domestic cats instincts are far from dormant, wild animals belong in the wild, not in someones living room.

#37 Edited by Dezztroy (787 posts) -

You people acting like you wouldn't want this little guy as a pet are all full of shit.

Also, I don't see anything wrong with them having those tigers as pets. If not, two of them would be dead and the other five would've never been born. Animals aren't dumb, they're not going to kill their source of food and shelter.

#38 Edited by Veektarius (4742 posts) -

There's a strong argument to be made about the safety of the people in this living situation, and especially of any threat to others nearby in the event something goes wrong.

However, the prevailing arguments here so far, regarding animal rights, seem misguided. These tigers are far safer in captivity than in the wild and give every appearance of being well cared-for and content with their situation. Tigers aren't an extremely endangered species because they've died in the zoo.

#39 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6396 posts) -

What could go wrong?

#40 Posted by RavenousJoker (50 posts) -

It would be Chaotic.

#41 Edited by ThunderSlash (1636 posts) -

@dezztroy said:

You people acting like you wouldn't want this little guy as a pet are all full of shit.

Also, I don't see anything wrong with them having those tigers as pets. If not, two of them would be dead and the other five would've never been born. Animals aren't dumb, they're not going to kill their source of food and shelter.

Dawwww I want that! Hopefully it would easily go down the toilet once it gets too big.

#42 Edited by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

Animals like that are too unpredictable. Hell look at what happened to Siegfried and Roy. Tigers are incredibly strong too, which makes them far more dangerous than any other normal pet. Animals that strong should be illegal to own. Hell, imagine if you had a chimp or an orangutang as a pet. Those can tear your arm right out off your socket if they flip out.

tl;dr lock yourself at home and never go outside.

#43 Posted by Abendlaender (2778 posts) -

It's possible though I wouldn't do it....like ever.

But well....others

Please watch this video cause I think this is AMAZING

#44 Posted by falserelic (5394 posts) -
#45 Edited by Darson (450 posts) -

Y'all ain't seen nuthin yet.

#46 Posted by bybeach (4770 posts) -

I agree that something might awaken in that Tiger someday, but I do not consider it a vicous animal. Rather simply obeying instincts of survival. It would probably be confused after tearing someone apart. Or if not, hungry.

The irony is that when you shrink tigers to a cirtain size, you get the cats we know. I mean that almost literally in behavior. One strain in the middle east developed a back and forth with humans. The rest, like tigers or any wild cat really are as a group too wild, though individuals may adapt to ppl.