So I'm having thoughts

Blueprint12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 2

Edited By Blueprint12

About whether I should get a PS3 or not.

Now I love my Xbox 360 and it's a great system to play.  I also own a Wii and it's a pretty good system, although my little bro mostly uses it, I love playing RE4 and Mario Kart Wii on there.

But I just feel like getting a PS3 just so that I don't have to worry about which system is better.  I just thought of getting a PS3 just so I can enjoy all types of games and not worry about which console is better and what not.  There are also some games I enjoy on PS3 like MGS4 and Mod Nation Racers was cool too.

This isn't a for sure thing though.  I still need a job if I even want to go as far as to get another console.

But anyways, hearing some people's opinions, some say it's worth it, others (who also own a 360) say they rarely use it.

So people that are neutral and multi-platform I ask you this: Is the PS3 worth purchasing if you own an Xbox 360 already??
Like I said, it's not a for sure thing, but just letting you guys know it's something I'm keeping in mind.

And no fanboyish comments either please.  I don't want any XBOX 360 RULZ, PS3 SUX or FUCK 360 or any of that stuff.  Please don't post those type of comments.

Blueprint12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Blueprint12

About whether I should get a PS3 or not.

Now I love my Xbox 360 and it's a great system to play.  I also own a Wii and it's a pretty good system, although my little bro mostly uses it, I love playing RE4 and Mario Kart Wii on there.

But I just feel like getting a PS3 just so that I don't have to worry about which system is better.  I just thought of getting a PS3 just so I can enjoy all types of games and not worry about which console is better and what not.  There are also some games I enjoy on PS3 like MGS4 and Mod Nation Racers was cool too.

This isn't a for sure thing though.  I still need a job if I even want to go as far as to get another console.

But anyways, hearing some people's opinions, some say it's worth it, others (who also own a 360) say they rarely use it.

So people that are neutral and multi-platform I ask you this: Is the PS3 worth purchasing if you own an Xbox 360 already??
Like I said, it's not a for sure thing, but just letting you guys know it's something I'm keeping in mind.

And no fanboyish comments either please.  I don't want any XBOX 360 RULZ, PS3 SUX or FUCK 360 or any of that stuff.  Please don't post those type of comments.

mesklinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By mesklinite

Really depends if you like the PS3's exlusive really. Do you    play a lot of of the games online? Not sure, I find myself playing more 360 then ps3, the ps3 is a blue ray player.
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By JJWeatherman

I'd say the PS3 has been worth buying for a few years now. Games like uncharted 2 and MGS4 are great exclusives. Its all personal taste though. Just look through the ps3 games list and decide if you think you'd play it.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Claude

I have an Xbox 360 and a Wii, but no PS3. I really want one. So many games missed, that's why I'm blue, wishful thinking.

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

There are some amazing exclusives there man: Uncharted 2, the first Uncharted is great, Killzone 2, Gran Turismo 5 looks like it's good -- we could go on, right? If you can have all three consoles, do so.

Blueprint12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Blueprint12

Yeah that's what I've been thinking about too.  I mostly play online and from what I hear, Xbox 360 has a better live service than the PS3 does, despite the PSN being free and what not.

But I will say PS3 has some great exclusives for sure like ZanzibarBreeze said (Loved MGS4 from what I played).  Sometimes though, I see PS3 as more as a home-entertainment console than all around gaming because it also comes with the blu-ray and streaming videos is much better (I'm not trying to say it as a bad thing btw, I'm actually saying it has more versatility). 

I'm just thinking about PS3 since it's beginning to get more popular now.  But if I get a job and get enough extra money to get a PS3, then I'll definitely go for it.

Anyways, thanks for the feedback guys.  You guys have helped me more about what to think on this big system.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By iam3green

yes, you should get the ps3. i play it a lot. i also have a xbox 360. i play them both equally when i want. my ps3 is my online console and xbox 360 for the single player ones. i chat with some friends on xbox 360 from time to time. the online for the ps3 is free so you don't have to pay like xbox live.

gabha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By gabha

I only have a 360 now, most of my multi-platform games will be played on for the Achievements, but I'm absolutely getting a PS3 as soon as I make a dent in my back-catalog. there more than 10 retail games on it only that I must absolutely play. So yeah get it.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By WickedCestus

I only have a 360 and a Wii, and if you are lacking money, then I'd say focus on buying games instead of a new console. I'd love to have a PS3, but I also like buying new games, so you have to make the decision based off that. You don't have to play every game out there, and in fact you'll probably end up playing more games if you don't spend all your game money on a new console.

Blueprint12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Blueprint12
@supermike6 said:
" I only have a 360 and a Wii, and if you are lacking money, then I'd say focus on buying games instead of a new console. I'd love to have a PS3, but I also like buying new games, so you have to make the decision based off that. You don't have to play every game out there, and in fact you'll probably end up playing more games if you don't spend all your game money on a new console. "
See, this is the position where I'm at right now.   I'm lacking money to purchase a new console at the moment.  So right now, I'm just purchasing games that I'm ABLE to purchase.  Next on the list is Halo: Reach.

You've got a great point there though man.  I just wanted to know though if it would be worth getting a PS3 if I already own an Xbox 360 since both of the systems are very similar and aren't that much different, asides from the online and the exclusives.  I loved the PS1 and the PS2 too so yeah.
Blueprint12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Blueprint12
@iam3green said:
" yes, you should get the ps3. i play it a lot. i also have a xbox 360. i play them both equally when i want. my ps3 is my online console and xbox 360 for the single player ones. i chat with some friends on xbox 360 from time to time. the online for the ps3 is free so you don't have to pay like xbox live. "
Just curious though, besides the fact that it's free, what makes you like the PS3 online better than the xbox 360's online??

I just wanna know because everyone I know that's multi-platform goes with Xbox Live but I want to hear someone with a different opinion say why they like the other better.
sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By sagesebas
@Blueprint12: some of the games are really cool, uncharted series, heavy rain, ratchet and clank, demon's souls, if that's your thing. If you have the cash I'd say go for it if not wait, the 360 has alot to offer
BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By BraveToaster

I own both. If you have the money, then buy the PS3. You don't have to worry about missing out on exclusives.

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Druminator

Get one, they are awesome.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Diamond

It seems to depend on exactly how tight you'll be on money, how many 360 games you own already, and how you like to enjoy your games.  I really enjoy my PS3 and would recommend it for the exclusive games, as others in this thread do.  Is it always the right option for a gamer?  No.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Blueprint12 said:
" @iam3green said:
" yes, you should get the ps3. i play it a lot. i also have a xbox 360. i play them both equally when i want. my ps3 is my online console and xbox 360 for the single player ones. i chat with some friends on xbox 360 from time to time. the online for the ps3 is free so you don't have to pay like xbox live. "
Just curious though, besides the fact that it's free, what makes you like the PS3 online better than the xbox 360's online??  I just wanna know because everyone I know that's multi-platform goes with Xbox Live but I want to hear someone with a different opinion say why they like the other better. "
Nothing.  I'd say the xbox online is superior.  Except for maybe the crowd. 

I bought a PS3 about a year ago, even though I have a 2,000 dollar computer.  Reason is, is that I wanted to be able to play the countless console exclusives.  Reason I chose PS3 over 360 is because I personally think that the exclusives to the PS3 are superior to the xbox exclusives (I'd rather play MGS4 than Halo).  For your position, though, I'd say that it isn't worth getting a PS3.  I'd say save your money and maybe buy Kinect, even if you aren't interested in any games right now.  I'm probably going to end up getting Move at some point, even though I think the motion control stuff is stupid and kind of gimmicky at this point, I do  think it has potential.  I'd say that the first year or so of games are going to be pretty shitty, but it'll eventually come into its own.  It's a better use of money than buying a PS3.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By iam3green
@Blueprint12 said:
" @iam3green said:
Just curious though, besides the fact that it's free, what makes you like the PS3 online better than the xbox 360's online??  I just wanna know because everyone I know that's multi-platform goes with Xbox Live but I want to hear someone with a different opinion say why they like the other better. "
well from playing both online i think that ps3 and xbox live are both the same. the only difference is that xbox live has voice chat and have to pay.  my friend and i both play it online. i decided to stop paying for live so that i stopped playing it online.
huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By huntad
@Blueprint12: If you play multiplatform games on your 360, then a PS3 is still a great purchase for exclusives alone. It also makes a great addition to an entertainment center with media support up the wazoo! 

To be completely fair, I was the biggest 360 user out there, but when I got my PS3 it came to the point where I could no longer justify having two consoles, so I let one go. Financially, it's your call, but support for all 3 consoles is expensive!
Blueprint12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Blueprint12

Sorry, I can't reply to everyone right now in this blog, as my time here right now is limited, but thanks to all of you for giving out your individual opinions and suggestions.  I'm really grateful for your advices.

I think, for now, I'll just stick to the Xbox 360.  Sure PS3 is getting more popular right now but if I can still play 80% of the same games on my 360, then I think I should be fine for now.  I'll get a PS3 only when I'm for sure that I have a great amount of extra money. 

But thanks again for the support everyone!

Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Raymayne

I honestly have to say I had a 360 since around the end of 06, bought a PS3 round last October, and while it does have some excellent games like Uncharted, Killzone, LBP, Demon's Souls, Yakuza 3, I have honestly not played anything really on the thing in months =/ And that is really not meant as an insult to the system because I love some of the games on it, Demon's Souls was easily my GotY last year followed closely by Uncharted 2, but I just find myself switching on the 360 every single night, and the PS3 maybe once every couple of months. I'd definitely stick with 360 if I were you...I really can't justify buying a PS3 even with some of those great exclusives.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#21  Edited By Vinny_Says

I am also considering a PS3 to buy along a new TV I've been looking into to play blu-rays, but then I realized I watch 1 movie every 3 months (kinda sad but nothing coming out appeals to me...) and only one exclusive I'm interested in. I'm afraid it'll just sit there collecting dust.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ESREVER

Do yourself a favor, and buy a PS3. It has earned its right to be a must-have console now. Sure its launch titles were shaky, but it has evolved into a whole new beast now. 
inFamous, Uncharted, MGS, LBP, Killzone, Valkyria Chronicles (worth buying a ps3 just for this game), Ratchet and Clank, and so, so much more. 

I own all three current-gen consoles, and my PS3 gets the most use by far. 
Buy a PS3. Do It.

deathbyyeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By deathbyyeti
@Raymayne:  This is pretty much my response. Even down to Demon's Souls. The PS3 is fine but if you already have an xbox 360 then you will miss out on a handful of games. The online is easier for me on the box because everyone has it and parties are such a breeze to start and stay together. Both systems have almost the same library of games, but it comes down to preference. Words words words
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#24  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Claude said:
" I have an Xbox 360 and a Wii, but no PS3. I really want one."
Same here, just for some pretty cool games. Also, a PSP, just for Birth by Sleep. But I must save up for the 3DS, because of the possibility of this.
sjosz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By sjosz

I have had the same thoughts for a long time, but ultimately I have decided against it personally. I am lucky to have a friend who owns a PS3 who doesn't mind lending me his or getting together when an exclusive game comes out we should play through. I've played MGS4, Uncharted2, the new Ratchet & Clank and God of War 3 all with that friend.
If you are the type of player who needs to play those games and you don't have a friend who has a PS3, it's worth considering. Those exclusive games are pretty interesting.