So is Optimus Prime riding Grimlock in the new transformers a good thing?

• 95 results
Avatar image for deactivated-62a216db3532b
deactivated-62a216db3532b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll So is Optimus Prime riding Grimlock in the new transformers a good thing? (230 votes)

Yes 37%
No 10%
Seems kinda dumb 53%
 • 
hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Fuck him. He didn't earn that at all. Any asshole can think up something that appeals to the obvious internet nerd mindset. I love dinosaurs and I think Transformers are pretty all right. But that doesn't mean that movie won't be a tedious, two and a half hour drag. I get the same vibe from pretty much anything Zack Snyder does, but at least his movies don't always overstay their welcome.

aceofspudz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truthtellah said:

@clonedzero said:

The fuck are you talking about?

No Caption Provided

Why does he need a sword? He has guns and he's riding a gigantic robotic T-Rex. What extra advantage would a sword possibly provide?!

Pointing, doi.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Darji

But the most important question is . Is that racist?

Honestly I have not watched much transformers except the cartoon movies or show. The one when Optimus died. But that gif looks really cool. So I do not really care if that makes sense or not^^

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

It's Optimus Prime (I still love that he has Eeyore's voice) riding a giant robot dinosaur/dragon thing. That's dumb in all the right ways.

gokaired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By gokaired

I'm confused how you guys can hate on the Transformers movies so much and still like The Avengers movie. They're of the same quality. You just don't want to admit it.

That quality is: bad

No, Bay's Transformers is an Insulting bland, Avengers is better put together action flick. There's a clear difference in quality.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

Bury this shit so deep no one will ever touch it again.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I miss fun Michael Bay movies. Stuff like The Rock, Bad Boys 2, and Armageddon. You know, fun, lighthearted movies with some great action sequences.

I don't know where Bay went wrong, but he hasn't made a good action movie in a long while. Pain & Gain was good, but that was because of how nihilistic and mean-spirited the film's outlook was. I suppose the reason the Transformers movies keep falling apart (aside from shoddy scripts, terrible robot designs, and Shia LaBoof) is because they require someone who knows how to make a lighthearted film and Bay just can't do that anymore.

I really wish they had hired Guillermo del Toro for this gig.

Cubical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#59  Edited By Cubical

No Caption Provided

Mike bay transformers movies are god damn sucktatic reboots anyway and dont even resuemble transfermers.

Much like other sucky reboots like the new killer instinct game on xbone. it is all throwaway garbage that kids will buy because they have no clue what real transformers are.

Want a real reboot that is decent go buy one of the fall of cybertron games. not mike bay and his trash version I dont care what happens because I dont watch it.

Loading Video...

and god damn who ever designed the dinobots and transformers for the mike bay movie is horrible and they need to be punished by being beaten over and over again to music they hate.

that mike bay movie grimlock sucks balls. The fall of cybertron game series pwn them in everyway.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Darji

@oldirtybearon: wait The Rock and Armageddon were lighthearted and Transformers is not? WHAT?

gokaired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I miss fun Michael Bay movies. Stuff like The Rock, Bad Boys 2, and Armageddon. You know, fun, lighthearted movies with some great action sequences.

I don't know where Bay went wrong, but he hasn't made a good action movie in a long while. Pain & Gain was good, but that was because of how nihilistic and mean-spirited the film's outlook was. I suppose the reason the Transformers movies keep falling apart (aside from shoddy scripts, terrible robot designs, and Shia LaBoof) is because they require someone who knows how to make a lighthearted film and Bay just can't do that anymore.

I really wish they had hired Guillermo del Toro for this gig.

Well to be fair, Transformers don't need to be lighthearted, that's not how I'd describe the Fall of Cybertron and that's arguably the best transformers game ever.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm sure it would have been really cool a few years back, but there's so many big summer movies that are just big things making other big things explode these days that it's hard not not have become completely numb to it. That last Transformers movie had so much going on in it that not a single moment of it was memorable. That Decepticon bird looked pretty cool, but CGI is CGI. Grimlock looks great and I bet he fucks shit up real good, but I'm ok if I never see this. I've already seen it a billion times before.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@gokaired said:

Well to be fair, Transformers don't need to be lighthearted, that's not how I'd describe the Fall of Cybertron and that's arguably the best transformers game ever.

Well they do and they don't. A lot of people wouldn't take a "Fall of Cybertron" type of tone seriously because it is pretty ridiculous on its face. Not to mention I really don't think Bay is capable of that. What I want out of a Transformers movie is essentially what I got with the '86 animated movie; a fun movie. Maybe my standards are low but I don't know why anyone would want to make a high stakes drama based around 'bots cruelty to other 'bots.

@darji said:

@oldirtybearon: wait the rock and Armageddon were lighthearted and Transformers is not? WHAT?

Yeah, they were. Armageddon and The Rock were great, fun little movies. Transformers (all three Bay films) were boring, tedious, and cynical.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#65  Edited By crithon

@cubical: I know that everyone and their mother rants about how hates the new transformers designs. But the thing is they work because they give the illusion of moving parts, and it's not until one movie just bombs horribly because of those design and they will stop. Like for example 1998 Godzilla, which was inspired by Jurassic Park design. Movies go like trends, if one film does bullet time then a lot of films in the next 10 years will use bullet time.

What's fascinating is how Hasbro is still pushing different types of transformers lines of designs, and they really produce quality products.

But bay isn't going to leave transformers, he's found his golden goose, he never wants to go back and make another bomb like the Island. He's safe in his series of triangle robots of money. I find it fascinating he hasn't left after part 3, because the rumors were the guys from Crank films were going to take over after Bay.

MONEY!

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It will be crap, but I will surely watch this crap on theaters like the first three.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#67  Edited By veektarius

It's totally illogical but in the given context that's not really a big deal. There are two things needed in my mind to make Transformers movies watchable, and those are 1) Actual actors reading an actual script and 2) a transplanted sense of humor

Is it too much to ask to suggest that Bay cast female talent that has been in movies before?

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gokaired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokaired said:

Well they do and they don't. A lot of people wouldn't take a "Fall of Cybertron" type of tone seriously because it is pretty ridiculous on its face. Not to mention I really don't think Bay is capable of that. What I want out of a Transformers movie is essentially what I got with the '86 animated movie; a fun movie. Maybe my standards are low but I don't know why anyone would want to make a high stakes drama based around 'bots cruelty to other 'bots.

In essence I agree but Bay and/or the script writers can't pull it off, I mean Optimus's portrayal in these films suck monkey balls and as others have mentioned the designs are lame, detailed yeah, but they don't "Pop" as it where.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

All I can think of is this picture when I see it.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truthtellah said:

@clonedzero said:

The fuck are you talking about?

No Caption Provided

Why does he need a sword? He has guns and he's riding a gigantic robotic T-Rex. What extra advantage would a sword possibly provide?!

So he can point at things

Cubical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is only 1 transformers movie to me.

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By crithon

@gokaired said:

@oldirtybearon said:
@gokaired said:

In essence I agree but Bay and/or the script writers can't pull it off, I mean Optimus's portrayal in these films suck monkey balls and as others have mentioned the designs are lame, detailed yeah, but they don't "Pop" as it where.

Bay still thinks these moves are about a "boy and his robot."..... so he is under the delusion he's making the Iron Giant.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This makes the Bay reboot of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles seem sedate and not that bad of an idea.

zor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 18

#76  Edited By zor

This is what i thought of when i saw the trailer:

No Caption Provided

Bender does it better imo.

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread made me laugh a lot more than I expected it to...

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does Grimlock look more like a medieval dragon than a T-Rex?

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Transformers are pretty dumb, so this can only make it better.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By crithon

@extomar: But that's him as a producer, and even when he backs something it becomes "I am Number Four" and that tanked HARD. He also produces a lot of horror movies which are generally loathed by any horror fan because he takes the biggest franchises and then adds music video directors on them. None of them are as successful as Texas Chainsaw Massacre remakes and even then there's more people eager for Rob Zombie's wackiness. And now there's the involvement of video game properties like rainbow six and something else, I don't know, because he doesn't put his name on it as often as he people expect him to. Need for Speed has some involvement with him, but they aren't even referring that as a video game adaptation. When you compare his name to other producers you kinda get the impression that Jerry Bruckhemier and Don Simpson were really saving his ass.

TMNT has become this thing where people forget that series gets rebooted every 6 months, was seeing a couple comics of it different from the current show. People say Bay's name as more of an excuse to vent their own nerd rage.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Bones8677

@benspyda said:
@daddycabinet said:

@development said:

I'm confused how you guys can hate on the Transformers movies so much and still like The Avengers movie. They're of the same quality. You just don't want to admit it.

I agree with all of this statement.

Both are non stop special effects movies, sure. But one is written by Joss Whedon, a fantastic script writer,

Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing that happens to everything else.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here we go again with all the internet nonsense hating on the movies. I, for one, cannot wait for the new Transformer movie. I enjoyed the first three, and will most likely love this one.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

this makes me happy

But yeah I had a friend who meet with the editor on Pearl Harbor, man bay is as thick as you'd imagine. He tried sitting him down to get him to focus, and it was almost impossible.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

God the trailer looked stupid, so no it isn't a good thing. Robot Dinosaurs are where I draw the line. NOW Robots fighting giant aliens from another dimension and the movie knows it's dumb....that is something I can get behind.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By abendlaender

I see nobody is talking about the guy who's face literally is a gun

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@cubical said:

There is only 1 transformers movie to me.

Even that Transformers movie is terrible. Fans often don't realize it because it's been a long time since they've seen it, but that movie was utter trash. I bought it when it came out on DVD thinking I'd relive my childhood. What I learned was that I was a dumb kid, that we were all dumb kids, for liking it.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bay's Transformers movies are dumb and the Dinobots are dumb so I'm firmly in the "Whatever" camp.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOOK AT ALL MY ROWWWBOTTS

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

You know what... Yeah, I dig that. Its the right kind of dumb.

Games like Asura's Wrath proved to me that being dumb and good is not so easy. There is a fine line between being dumb but fun and teeth-cringing dumb... The writing in the last two Transformers movies is firmly in the second group.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#90  Edited By benspyda

@benspyda said:
@daddycabinet said:

@development said:

I agree with all of this statement.

Both are non stop special effects movies, sure. But one is written by Joss Whedon, a fantastic script writer, and the other has the worst script writing known to man.

All I am saying is that I have never been able to make it through an episode of buffy. The only show of his that I have like is firefly. They are both bad movies and there is no point in arguing which one is less bad.

I admit, Joss Whedon is the kind of writer you either love or just don't get. Although you really need to watch a few episodes of Buffy to really get into it, it's not the kind of show that clicks straight away.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

No Caption Provided

gokaired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By gokaired

I see nobody is talking about the guy who's face literally is a gun

One bout of foolishness at a time :P

Oh and about Optimus' sword, It's obviously for close combat, I mean they run out of bullets you know (not even energon, bullets).

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#93  Edited By s-a-n-JR

Are you guys still being cynical about a giant robot man riding a giant robot dinosaur and a giant robot man with a big fucking gun for a face?

There are so many reasons this movie could suck, but it won't be because of that.

Man this thread bums me out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490
deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone who would want a movie based off of the original Transformers blows my mind. Let's get honest for a moment, most stuff from our childhood is incredibly corny, poorly written, and embarrassing to watch as an adult. I was so obsessed with Power Rangers as a kid, but I watched an episode on Netflix and I couldn't make it through, it's just too.... of it's time. Don't get me wrong, if they made a new Power Rangers movie I would be pumped, from a nostalgic viewpoint, but I would hope it would get the Michael Bay treatment so it was at least a roller coaster ride and not an attempt to make me like the same exact stuff I liked when I was 4.

gokaired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanj said:

Are you guys still being cynical about a giant robot man riding a giant robot dinosaur and a giant robot man with a big fucking gun for a face?

There are so many reasons this movie could suck, but it won't be because of that.

Man this thread bums me out.

That's what happens when Bay is involved, he manages to ruin a robot with a gun for a face! XD

Hyuzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems fine, nothing much more exciting than I've seen in the first 3 movies.

Let me know when he makes a Beast Wars movie.