#1 Posted by HelicopterSpy (124 posts) -

Ryan tweeted about it, they mentioned it on the bombcast, duders across the globe scoured the internet for the hottest, latest bing bong tracks only to come up empty. I want to be a part of the burgeoning bing bong scene, but it turns out that it might be (MIGHT BE) entirely fictional. There have got to be some musical duders out there, whether it's just a hobby or you somehow found your way to this site because you really like Midnight Brown. It's time we ride the first wave of bing bong before it leaves us behind.

The problem is, since the scene has not made its way to the internet yet (because it MIGHT BE fictional) we have to figure out what bing bong sounds like. My idea is for electronic music based around 2 note melodies. A bing, followed by a bong if you will. Electronic, because that's what all the kids are listening to these days. I have something in the works, but am not quite satisfied with it yet.

What does your bing bong sound like? No, that's a bad way to phrase it. Gimme your hot bing bong! No good either. Uh. Just make Ryan's insane machinations a reality, would you?

#2 Edited by LD50 (416 posts) -

i'm just now listening to the podcast, so if there's some mention of the musical style already i don't know it yet.

the beat will be the trademark. other instruments will be accentual and help define the style. what about steel drums caribbean style? Maybe a dancehall style snare?

I'll do some thinking, great idea. come on GB, where's your creative skills.

we'll need a wikipedia entry.

oh and we'll need a fashion to go with it. else it won't last ten seconds or get swallowed up by another genre.

#3 Posted by Dagbiker (6898 posts) -

Also It needs a DROP.

#4 Posted by ajamafalous (11591 posts) -
#5 Posted by LD50 (416 posts) -

I put a track together with the ideas in this thread so far. I didn't think about the drop. I did give it some solo bass breakdown, maybe that will help.

I'm uploading to soundcloud now. be a few minutes. i fucked up the end so it ends rather abruptly. it's at 119 bpm, which may be a little slow. you tell me.

#6 Edited by LD50 (416 posts) -
#7 Edited by ripelivejam (2783 posts) -

#bigtruck

#8 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Bing Bong lifestyle is similar to being Based. I need something I can cook to.

#9 Edited by TAFAE (150 posts) -

@LD50: That's some hot bing bong, man. Sounds like some good vintage Fireman.

#10 Edited by LD50 (416 posts) -

@TAFAE said:

@LD50: That's some hot bing bong, man. Sounds like some good vintage Fireman.

The Bing Bong lab is open, thanks. It does have some fireman vibe. Which reminds me this is actually around 60 bpms. Since I didn't go four to the floor with the beat, it's running at half the tempo.

#11 Posted by AngriGhandi (679 posts) -

Bing Bong is all about the notes they AREN'T playing, man.

Which is basically all of them.

#12 Posted by Sploder (917 posts) -

It's just didgeridoo music that the stupid mainstream is eating up. REAL Bing Bong started in the UK club scene in the late 90's and it has polyrhythms n' shit.

#13 Edited by HelicopterSpy (124 posts) -
#14 Posted by oldenglishC (858 posts) -

You kids and your cheap imitations. Real Bing Bong died that tragic night back in 73, on the Hacienda stage.

#15 Edited by LD50 (416 posts) -

@HelicopterSpy said:

This is what I got so far. I had another track, but I feel like that didn't really capture the Bing Bong aesthetic. But now: Hottest Bing Latest Bong.

http://soundcloud.com/josh-kirby-3/helicopter-spy-hottest-bing

That is sic B-Bong bro! My favorite bing bong tracks are always a little downtempo like that.

#16 Posted by ajamafalous (11591 posts) -

Both of these tracks so far are kickin' #kickin #bingbong

#17 Posted by TeflonBilly (4722 posts) -

Bing Bong is original Kazakhstani hit, by Korky Buchek

#18 Posted by Milkman (16223 posts) -

Bing Bong is the soundtrack for living.

#19 Edited by LD50 (416 posts) -

@Sploder said:

It's just didgeridoo music that the stupid mainstream is eating up. REAL Bing Bong started in the UK club scene in the late 90's and it has polyrhythms n' shit.

I was talking to a friend of my girlfriends the other day, she's from England. She was tellin me about the polyrhythms. She said they were legendary, and that this song reminded her of them. She said it wasn't a dubstep remix, that it's actually a bing bong track:

I was like pffft whatever. I can see where you're coming from, but that's totally not bing bong. It's about the spaces between the beats. She said they don't talk about it much anymore because the parties they played b bong at got really huge and the cops showed up all the time.

Seriously.

#20 Posted by Sploder (917 posts) -
@LD50: Yeah well you can tell her from me, a professional Englishman and bing bong conoisseur, that she doesn't know shit. You make sure she knows it!
#21 Posted by LD50 (416 posts) -
#22 Posted by ShaggE (5979 posts) -

Pshhh... still listening to Bing Bong? You haven't heard Blap Snap yet, I guess...

#23 Posted by nohthink (1222 posts) -

I didn't know Bing Bong was an actual artist...

#24 Edited by LD50 (416 posts) -

@nohthink said:

I didn't know Bing Bong was an actual artist...

Well, some bad shit went down in the 90's and she was laying low.

Naw I'm just kidding bro. Bing Bong is a style of music. It's like a rolling two-tone polyrhythmic electronic music.

It was big in the UK underground scene in the 90's.

#25 Posted by LD50 (416 posts) -

@Sploder said:

@LD50: Yeah well you can tell her from me, a professional Englishman and bing bong conoisseur, that she doesn't know shit. You make sure she knows it!

I know right? I sat her down and played her my whole collection of Bing Bong records. Then I stopped following her on twitter. She was pissed.

#26 Posted by HelicopterSpy (124 posts) -
#27 Posted by LD50 (416 posts) -
#28 Posted by jozzy (2041 posts) -

@LD50 said:

@HelicopterSpy said:

Yet more bing bong! I like where the genre is heading so far.

http://soundcloud.com/josh-kirby-3/helicopter-spy-plug-out

That's awesome. The voice sample is on fire.

Yeah, totally reminds me of the early Bing Bong, really evocative. All that modern Bing Bong shit can suck it.

#29 Edited by teknohed (25 posts) -
#30 Posted by LD50 (416 posts) -
#31 Posted by LD50 (416 posts) -
#32 Edited by HelicopterSpy (124 posts) -
#33 Posted by LD50 (416 posts) -

@HelicopterSpy said:

What if the world of chip tunes and bing bong collided? It might sound a little something like this. I'm not totally happy with this one, but it's a neat experiment.

http://soundcloud.com/josh-kirby-3/helicopter-spy-chiptune-bing

I like it. Interesting style mashup. You're great with the melody and I'm a decent beat programmer. We should collaborate and call it "Big Truck".

#34 Edited by LD50 (416 posts) -