So Slumdog Millionaire won 8 Oscars including Best Picture...

• 79 results
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Edited By LiquidPrince

EIGHT... Dude... I haven't even seen the movie yet, but now I'm dying to... You guys all seen it?

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By LiquidPrince

EIGHT... Dude... I haven't even seen the movie yet, but now I'm dying to... You guys all seen it?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

LiquidPrince said:
"EIGHT... Dude... I haven't even seen the movie yet, but now I'm dying to... You guys all seen it?
"
I saw the trailer : P

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By c1337us

I havent seen the movie, and personally it doesnt interest me at all. I'll probably eventually see it down the line when its a weekly rental at Blockbuster. A lot of that comes from teh fact that I dont know much about the movie also. Same goes with a lot of the movies that were prominent at the Oscars this year. I still havent seen Milk or Benjamin Button and The Changeling as well though I do want to see those three, I just havent gotten around to it yet.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HandsomeDead

It's really not 8 Oscars good, but it's pretty good. Just don't go in expecting the best film ever.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By TheGreatGuero

It's a fantastic movie, and is deserving of all the awards it won. An epic, unforgettable story. I'm very pleased that it won big tonight. Not too many surprises this year, though everyone expected Mickey Rourke to be a shoe-in for Best Actor. Either way, with the way he's turned his career around, I'm confident he'll get another shot at it in the future.

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Captain_Fookup
HandsomeDead said:
"It's really not 8 Oscars good, but it's pretty good. Just don't go in expecting the best film ever.
"
Right, nothing can dethrone Total Recall.
Qorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Qorious

Meh. The movie doesn't interest me. Doubt I'll even rent it.

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By RedSox8933

i've seen the movie, and it was alright. i personally thought that Frost/Nixon was waaay better.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By TwoOneFive
HandsomeDead said:
"It's really not 8 Oscars good, but it's pretty good. Just don't go in expecting the best film ever.
"
yeah i totally agree. i really liked it. its a great movie, but whew, not that great. highly overrated. and man, that indian music will NEVER be popular in the us. hell naws. that gii hoooooooooo song stinks. 
JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By JoelTGM

I thought it was great.  When I first heard about it, I thought the whole thing sounded rather simple and stupid, but trust me there's a lot more to it than you think. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain_Fookup said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"
Right, nothing can dethrone Total Recall.
"
Knock, knock
Who's there?
Commando
Commando who?
Commando the fucking greatest movie ever motherfucker!
Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

Aside from the comic book flicks and a few of the animated films, nothing really interested me movie-wise this year.

singular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By singular

I just watched the trailer and it seems to me like it's a movie long commercial for "Who Wants To be A Millionaire?".

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Milkman

Danny Boyle is probably my favorite director ever. So, I NEED to see this movie.

EDIT: Also, Ting Tings in the trailer = win.

Jesus_Juice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jesus_Juice

I saw it a while ago. I didn't think it was that great, but I guess that's all it took to beat all of the other nominated movies this year.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By Black_Rose

Great movie, but Benjamin Button, Milk and Doubt were better.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Snipzor

Wall-E won, that's all I care.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By jakob187
Black_Rose said:
"Great movie, but Benjamin Button, Milk and Doubt were better."
HOW IN THE FUCK did Penelope Cruz beat out Viola Davis?!  HOW?!  FUCKING HOW?!?!!?  UUUUGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheGreatGuero
jakob187 said:
"Black_Rose said:
HOW IN THE FUCK did Penelope Cruz beat out Viola Davis?!  HOW?!  FUCKING HOW?!?!!?  UUUUGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!
"
Lower your tone when you talk about Penelope Cruz, sir. Consider this a warning of the highest degree.

Dude, how can you hate on Penelope Cruz? She's always great, and totally hot, with such a sexy accent too. Show some love, my brotha.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheGreatGuero said:

Dude, how can you hate on Penelope Cruz? She's always great, and totally hot, with such a sexy accent too. Show some love, my brotha.
She's a poor man's Salma Hayek
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By mike

I didn't think Slumdog was that great.  Good, but not great.  Not really surprised it won so many awards though, Hollywood loves that kind of crap.  Same with Milk and Sean Penn winning Best Actor over Mickey Rourke.  Oh well.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jakob187
TeflonBilly said:
"TheGreatGuero said:
She's a poor man's Salma Hayek"
That.  Plus, VBC was a shit movie.  Have you SEEN Doubt?  Viola Davis was fucking MARVELOUS in that movie.
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Alright, alright. Enough with the Penelope Cruz hate. I won't lie. Salma does rank higher on my list, but Penelope is way up there as well.

No, I haven't seen Doubt. I'm sure I will eventually. Either way, I'm all for Penelope Cruz winning all the time at everything good. She wins at my life. If only I could give her the award of myself to honor that achievement.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#24  Edited By Black_Rose

Viola Davis was brilliant, but I do love Penelope, so it's hard to disagree.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jakob187
TheGreatGuero said:
"Alright, alright. Enough with the Penelope Cruz hate. I won't lie. Salma does rank higher on my list, but Penelope is way up there as well.

No, I haven't seen Doubt. I'm sure I will eventually. Either way, I'm all for Penelope Cruz winning all the time at everything good. She wins at my life. If only I could give her the award of myself to honor that achievement."
The only things that Penelope Cruz has submitted to the cinematic community that was worthwhile reside on her chest, sir.  She's a shit actress.  Again, though, the Academy apparently only gives awards to overactors.
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Whatever you say, dude. You're in total Penelope denial.

ddensel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27  Edited By ddensel

Yeah, I've seen Slumdog Millionaire, and it is that good, anyone that hasn't seen it really needs to. Much more genuine and human than Benjamin Button and most of the other nominees.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#28  Edited By artofwar420

I was like ALL of you guys, not interested in this film. A buddy found it through non-legal means, and I said "what the hell". In the end it was totally not what I was expecting. Much much better movie than what I had in my head. What does that say? Don't judge a movie until you've seen it.

But the Oscar's deal, I don't care either way. Besides Oscar's are not really about the "Best" movies, but about "pleasing the expectations of who should win".

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By StaticFalconar

I'm pretty sure its good but it just doesn't interest me.

DXSSI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DXSSI

I don't have any idea at all what it's about, and I don't care for Hollywood's congratulatory pat-itself-on-the-back award shows, the results, or whether I've seen the year's must-see film.

Mercator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Mercator

I liked the movie alot, uplifting and joyful.

The_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By The_Dude

Yes, the film was great. Very good direction, acting, music, cinematography...as you have learned after tonight. 

SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SoothsayerGB

Whatever man... Rourke is a damn fine actor, but Penn is up there with the greatest too. I didn't care which one got it, just as long as one did and not Brad Pitt.  He's no real actor.  I like some of his work, but come on.  Fun to watch, but he's no Brando.

Laughed my ass off, when Anthony Hopkins called him a "Character Actor."  Don't know why, he just made it sound so cynical and I can't stand the way people think Pitt is a real actor.  He just models.  Rourke, Penn and the others transform themselves.  Pitt just stands around with no shirt, like some golden Greek god.  Didn't deserve the nomination either.  Hopkins really spit the words "Character actor" right at him.  Love it, in my own sick way.  Seemed like the lowest form for describing his work. 

But yeah, to the point.  Haven't  seen Slumdog.  Looks like another one of the Academy's political points. Hey guess what, they love the middle east, so now we should all do what Hollywood does and get along.  Right?  Yeah yeah,  looks good thoe.  I definitely want to see it.  Better at least, be decent!

The music from the movie, that was preformed was gaudy and straight up stressing against itself.  Like a montage of annoying pop songs sewn together like a packaged ad.   Thank god, they stuck in Queen Latifa towards the end, to sooth my torn nerves.  She has a great voice. No, an amazing voice. 

Another thing that bugged me, was how the memorial went by so quickly at the end of the show.  Heston deserved more time.  So did Heath Ledger.  He won this year, and should have been in the memorial this year.  Not last.  But I guess I shouldn't be so hard.  Those shows are hella tough to plan out. 

Also, thank Zombie Jesus for real actors like Micheal Douglas!  The only man to memorize his damn speech, for introducing the nominees for best actor.  It was honest, sincere and fucking honorable.  Everyone else just read the damn teleprompter.  What the fudge was that crap?  They memorize lines for a living, but only one had the decently to deliver them with skill and care?  He's a good guy in my book.  That was just shitty of them to stumble over their words like that. 

Also kinda wanted Meryl to win.  But worked out ok.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170
deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

It fused Western and Bollywood styles together very well and no Bollywood film is complete unless it has dancing in it which they did for the ending which was funny.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By get2sammyb

I haven't seen it but I think it's great that a British movie did so well. That's so awesome.

Plus MIA is a great artist and I'm glad she's finding some commercial success from that movie.

BiG_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BiG_Weasel

I've come to the conclusion, that while deep and meaningful, most Oscar-nominated movies lack the one thing that causes me to see them: entertainment. As a general rule, I watch a movie to be entertained, and to not come out depressed, stressed, angry or anything else- and that's usually the types of movies that win the Oscars.  I'll stick with my popcorn flicks, thank you very much.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Osaladin

I saw it, and I loved it. I think it deserved every accolade it got. If anyone thinks this is just "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" in movie form, then you are way off target. I honestly think everyone should see it, even if they don't think they want to.

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Aurelito

Over-Hype-d.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#39  Edited By Red

It just makes me never want to touch a hot dog again.

aztecomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 6

#40  Edited By aztecomar

Totally beat out WALL-E for the sound awards...I was crushed...

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By HandsomeDead
DXSSI said:
"I don't have any idea at all what it's about, and I don't care for Hollywood's congratulatory pat-itself-on-the-back award shows, the results, or whether I've seen the year's must-see film.
"
I think that's exactly the problem with The Oscars compared to other awards. The Oscars seem to much about self-assurance than actually awarding talent.
damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#42  Edited By damswedon

it has that arsehole from skins in it that good enouth reason for me not to see it.

MichaelBach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MichaelBach

I don't think it was 8 oscars good. There were better pictures in the catagory.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Snail
jakob187 said:
"Black_Rose said:
"
How did she beat Marisa Tomei???
AND PETER GABRIEL DESERVED THAT OSCAR PEOPLE!
Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45  Edited By Mushir

The fact that Wall-E didn't win in the Sound category is completely bullshit! You can even hear the cockroach walking for fucks sake.

Slumdog Millionaire was very good but didn't deserve to win a couple of the awards.
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By LiquidPrince

The only thing that annoyed me was that during the post production montage they showed more Quantum of Solace then any other movie, yet they didn't even nominate it for anything.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#47  Edited By Cube

No thanks.

Metiphis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Metiphis

Dude Penelope Kruze is freaky looking with her tiny rat face.  I feel like if I venture down far enough into the forgotten subway tunnels of New York I will find a feral civilization of Penelope Kruze creatures!  "HISSSSSSSSSSSS"

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Hexpane

Slumdog is an above average feel good movie.  But it was a down year, and there is a rule against voting for movies about Wrestling so it won. 

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#50  Edited By citizenkane

I saw it last month.  It was a good movie, but it was definitely not the best movie of the year, IMO.  I prefer a few films over it.  It's well done and everything, but it didn't really leave me with anything like The Dark Knight and WALL-E did.