• 113 results
Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By Catolf

If your wondering What the fuck I'm talking about, I'll help you out. Last night My dad was scrolling through the channels and I realized he stopped on something talking about Dinosaurs. I paused, looked up from the computer and realized it was on Channel 2. I fought the smirk (cause I'm a dick) and warned him, "Hey, don't watch that, it'll make you rage." But I just didn't realize how MUCH rage would come bubbling.

Channel 2 (which i think for all TV's) is the Christian Faith channel. So right there, red flag waving high and proud in front of our eyes. But Dad kept watching, and I continued to listen, from time to time looking up at the TV, but as time went on I foudn myself more and more having the TV grasp my attention because of what was coming out of their mouths..

Now, Let's get this fact straight.. RIGHT HERE.. I do NOT in ANYWAY have any hate, or bad words for any of the Christian faith who are rational. Which is sadly not the majority (I mean evangelicals. Whom I think may be the majority. I'm not spouting facts so I could be COMPLETELY wrong who the majority is, but I'm pretty sure is Evangelicals.)

Anyway.

The show was aimed at kids to teach them about the bible and how Dinosaurs fit in and so on. They had a bumbling 'scientist' character and three "Archeoligists' (including a dinosaur -dude in a get up-) They were talking about how man lived with Dinosaurs and they were created on certain days. Dinosaurs never evolved from birds, they are far to different and science has never proven that things 'evolve' cause it's never happen before our eyes.

All things I was prepared for, but then I was smacked upside the head:

"Do you see this T-rex here?" Said the 'Archeologist' "He had really sharp teeth! Don't you think that would be great for eating plants? Everything was a plant eater before Sin, so these would have been great to cut though leaves and small branches."

I kinda fell over in my chair. Both my dad and sister about died from laughter and shock.

It's like..WTF? REALLY?

Then it hit me, a long time ago I was watching a thing on the Creationist Museum and they spoke about Lion and the lamb and they would both eat vegetables and plants and grasses side by side. To their credit felines and canines DO eat grass, but when they do.. they throw up. Thats why they eat it, my dogs and cat's can testify for this, it's good to help them get something out if they are feeling ill.

To be fair a very small number of lizards Beardies and Mali Uromastyx would be two that come to mind do eat plants. OH and an Iguana (fruits to). That's three off the top of my head. There are a few who eat fruits mostly gecko's.

But when you take something like a Crocodile, or Alligator, or even the Komodo dragon, you couldn't expect something that large, with those kind of teeth to settle for plants. Their bodies wouldn't be able to digest it properly. So when you look at a T-rex, and suggest it could digest plants, plants it couldn't properly chew unlike a dinosaur with grinding teeth (large molars) which is used for breaking down leaf litter. Let along LARGE leaf litter that it would require to keep a creature that size going.

As much as I respect others beliefs, you have to draw the line somewhere right?

I don't know. What do you think?

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By AlwaysAngry

HEY CHRISTIANS I M NOT INSULTING U BUT UR ALL FUCKING IDIOTS AND LISTENING TO U FOR 5 SECONDS MAKES ME RAGE

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@AlwaysAngry said:

" HEY CHRISTIANS I M NOT INSULTING U BUT UR ALL FUCKING IDIOTS AND LISTENING TO U FOR 5 SECONDS MAKES ME RAGE "

Thats enough captain caplock. Not to mention bashing a Religion isnt allowed on the forums. 
Avatar image for deactivated-5b6c667dde711
deactivated-5b6c667dde711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 5

@AlwaysAngry said:
" HEY CHRISTIANS I M NOT INSULTING U BUT UR ALL FUCKING IDIOTS AND LISTENING TO U FOR 5 SECONDS MAKES ME RAGE "
I don't think he was really saying that. There are more rational Christians out there than this, and while I may be atheist I can at least respect those who don't feel the need to cover up science and anything that wasn't in the old testament so stupidly.
ElegantRuby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By ElegantRuby

I...I...Wow...I'm Speechless...

tranquilchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By tranquilchaos

I think the term rational christian is an oxy-fucking-moron.

DCFGS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By DCFGS3

I can't believe people believe this crap, I can see why people may have issues with evolution, as it does blow a whopping great hole in the Bible and (if your perspective is fairly blinkered and ignorant) may discount God. But really these days I see belief in creationism (the seven days or the intelligent design kind) as something seriously wrong with people. It's ignorant in the extreme, and it seems to be ignorant for ignorance sake. But meh, I spose.

Ignorant people are ignorant.

SamSharp505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SamSharp505

Haha, the plant bit is hilarious. 
I can get offensive when talking about religion, but yeah I think that is ridiculous.

GIVEMEREPLAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By GIVEMEREPLAY
@tranquilchaos said:
" I think the term rational christian is an oxy-fucking-moron. "
I think you're a simpleton. 
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#10  Edited By Yummylee

Of course they did. Problem was T-Rex's had terrible eyesight so they also accidentally ate alot of other dinosaurs and people.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Catolf

@AlwaysAngry said:

Only the crazy ones.  

@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:

Thats enough captain caplock. Not to mention bashing a Religion isnt allowed on the forums.  "

Not bashing a religion. not in the least, I respect Christians, I do, it's just this thing right here that was a little over the top.
Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Catolf said:
"  @AlwaysAngry said:

Only the crazy ones.  

@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:

Thats enough captain caplock. Not to mention bashing a Religion isnt allowed on the forums.  "
Not bashing a religion. not in the least, I respect Christians, I do, it's just this thing right here that was a little over the top. "
Not you. Him calling Christians idiots. 
Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Catolf
@The_Laughing_Man:  Oh okay, i didn't want anyone to misunderstand me.

Also There is a bit of what I saw on the show, it's from a website but it says what the people said, it's text but it's the same thing about T-rex eating plants.
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ninjakiller

Fundamentalist Christians, Baptists/ Pentecostals in particular are just plain fucking nuts.  

lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15  Edited By lazyturtle
" The argument goes something like this: "I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."      "But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED"  
"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic."    - If you don't know the source of this quote...read the classics.

Seriously, the lengths religousers go through to justify some things are crazy. I used to work with a Jehovah's Witness who was quite clear about it: Dinosaurs did not exist and the bones were put into the earth by the devil to cause man to doubt god.  Makes you wonder why more of these people aren't vegetarians then.
blair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By blair
@ElegantRuby said:
" I...I...Wow...I'm Speechless... "
I'm not.  This guy is a fucking idiot.
Skogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Skogen

Satan planted fossils in the earth to test our faith.

Avatar image for thelegendofluke
TheLegendofLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheLegendofLuke
@Abyssfull said:
" Of course they did. Problem was T-Rex's had terrible eyesight so they also accidentally ate alot of other dinosaurs and people. "
Bad eyesight, tiny arms. Poor guys, they never had a chance :(
ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ArchScabby

those guys should watch Jurassic Park again.  Not much plant eating going on in there.

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By fwylo

Haha awesome.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By habster3
@Catolf said:
"  Now, Let's get this fact straight.. RIGHT HERE.. I do NOT in ANYWAY have any hate, or bad words for any of the Christian faith who are rational. Which is sadly not the majority (I mean evangelicals. Whom I think may be the majority. I'm not spouting facts so I could be COMPLETELY wrong who the majority is, but I'm pretty sure is Evangelicals.)
Actually, the psychopathic Christians are the minority. The only reason they seem to be a majority is because they are more overt and in your face; not all of us are bad.
@AlwaysAngry said:
I should give you a Christian response, but I don't feel like it. Therefore:

Shut the fuck up you stupid cocksucking mother fucking prick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By LiquidPrince

Christians are just like other people. There are smart ones, and then there are people who spout that bullshit.

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By RichardLOlson

Damn Christians and there crazy ass ways.  I think someone needs to put them all on an island.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By habster3
@LiquidPrince said:
" Christians are just like other people. There are smart ones, and then there are people who spout that bullshit. "
Thank you, Liquid; you said exactly what I was thinking, but I just couldn't word it right.
HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HaltIamReptar

It's likely that T-rexes were scavengers.  But that's besides the point.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By habster3
@RichardLOlson said:
" Damn Christians and there crazy ass ways.  I think someone needs to put them all on an island. "
We aren't all bad; some are worse than others. Therefore, Shut the Fuck up.
jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By jkz

I usually jump at any chance to defend religion among the sort of rabid-anti-religionists that populate the internet (even if I am entirely a-religious, [i'm an existentialist]), but those are the sort of ridiculous claims that make religion hard to defend.

tranquilchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By tranquilchaos
@GIVEMEREPLAY said:
" @tranquilchaos said:
I think you're a simpleton.  "
That was a real zinger. You've really stripped away the layers of my intellect to lay bare the faults of my education. I tip my hat to you sir and assure you that from now on I am going to believe that an inexplicable sky-lord and his son are the true cosmic forces that hold reality together. Thank you so much.
metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29  Edited By metal_mills

If you think things like T-rex ate veggies you're a complete and utter moron who needs to be chemically castrated. Religion doesn't necessarily make you an idiot, believing in veggie t-rex's that lived 5000 years does.

KEITH1437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By KEITH1437

Logic does not exist in the minds of evangelicals.

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

Yeah, a good number of Christians are just goddamn stupid and do silly things.  Nearly all of my aunts are religious.  One of them wouldn't let my cousin watch the Harry Potter movies or play with Pokemon because they were magical and therefore evil.  She is one of those "born again" nut jobs... funny thing is that the fat bitch had an abortion that nobody knows about...but you know...she's paid for her sins and now she can look down her nose on other people.  The thing is, they are all normal regular people (outside of their batshit crazy church hours), but they believe horse shit like this in the OP.  How fucking stupid can you be?  I had a friend in Highschool who denied the existence of dinosaurs!

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#32  Edited By PhatSeeJay

T-rexes definitely eat Veggies! they don't make any difference between a dude that eats a steak or a hippie that just eats sallad!

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Scooper
@AlwaysAngry said:
" HEY CHRISTIANS. UR ALL FUCKING IDIOTS"

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Sanious

I don't have a problem with people who follow a religion, I have a problem with people who lie about Dinosaurs.

Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Virago

I find this absolutely hilarious and so so sad. 
And not to be a huge bitch, but I just want to make sure you know that there are a large number of christians who do believe in evoution and darwinism. It only contradicts the bible when you take it literally, and that's when you get into ridiculous shit. Anyway, My point here was that I don't think evangelicals are the majority*, but they definitely get the most attention from the media. That's all. Thanks for the lols =D

( * of all 28% evangelical, 24% roman catholic, 14% protestant, not to mention the liberal hippy christians)

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#36  Edited By RichardLOlson
@habster3 said:
" @RichardLOlson said:
" Damn Christians and there crazy ass ways.  I think someone needs to put them all on an island. "
We aren't all bad; some are worse than others. Therefore, Shut the Fuck up. "
Yea its called free speech.  So I won't be shutting the fuck up.
JBird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By JBird
@Virago:
@RichardLOlson:  

I agree with both of you; virago, I am of those christians, and Richard, ur damn right.  telling people to shut the fuck up is completly stupid. 

I'm a committed christian, and i think the show sounds completly ridiculous, they have the right to chat bollocks, but we all have the right to tell them they are chatting bollocks. You have mentalists in all faiths and apprently my fellow christians manage to talk more shit than...well, a shit. I have never studied theology so cannot give a biblically acurate responce to this tv show, but i think that taking a "science is wrong" approach is illogical. Evolution is a perfect system, I always find it hilarious when people try so hard to prove that the big bang, etc didnt happen. Again im not an academic on christian theorys, but in my own personal opinion i reckon god made all of it. I could be called out for having a simple view, but its simple and i like it. Evolution; one of the most intricate and amazing processes on this planet, the big bang, the perfect amount of gases reacting together at the right time. Im happy thinking that god did all of it, pretty clever stuff, but then again, he's god. In my imagination he was weraing shades, pointed his fingers and clicked. Its a stylish way to get things done.
Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Renahzor
@JBird said:
" @Virago: @RichardLOlson:  I agree with both of you; virago, I am of those christians, and Richard, ur damn right.  telling people to shut the fuck up is completly stupid.  I'm a committed christian, and i think the show sounds completly ridiculous, they have the right to chat bollocks, but we all have the right to tell them they are chatting bollocks. You have mentalists in all faiths and apprently my fellow christians manage to talk more shit than...well, a shit. I have never studied theology so cannot give a biblically acurate responce to this tv show, but i think that taking a "science is wrong" approach is illogical. Evolution is a perfect system, I always find it hilarious when people try so hard to prove that the big bang, etc didnt happen. Again im not an academic on christian theorys, but in my own personal opinion i reckon god made all of it. I could be called out for having a simple view, but its simple and i like it. Evolution; one of the most intricate and amazing processes on this planet, the big bang, the perfect amount of gases reacting together at the right time. Im happy thinking that god did all of it, pretty clever stuff, but then again, he's god. In my imagination he was weraing shades, pointed his fingers and clicked. Its a stylish way to get things done. "
God doesn't click, he owns an iPad.
JBird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By JBird
@Renahzor said:
God doesn't click, he owns an iPad. "

Doubt it, God's got those minority report gloves, that or a huge red button saying "life"  
AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By AlwaysAngry
@habster3 said:

@AlwaysAngry said:
I should give you a Christian response, but I don't feel like it. Therefore:  Shut the fuck up you stupid cocksucking mother fucking prick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "
You know, I was being sarcastic...I'm a Christian too. I was mocking the OP because that's what she sounded like. 
Liar83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Liar83

Religions are generally good. It's when you involve humanity that everything goes to shit.
Be thankful that you can criticize the dominant religion, more than many people in the world can claim. There are far crazier ones to pick from. It's certainly the safe religion to bash, seeing as how you don't particularly have to worry about being killed by a ferocious christian. Man up and bash the ones that kill people for doing so.

GIVEMEREPLAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By GIVEMEREPLAY
@tranquilchaos said:
" @GIVEMEREPLAY said:
" @tranquilchaos said:
That was a real zinger. You've really stripped away the layers of my intellect to lay bare the faults of my education. I tip my hat to you sir and assure you that from now on I am going to believe that an inexplicable sky-lord and his son are the true cosmic forces that hold reality together. Thank you so much. "
I've got no interesting in debunking your false beliefs, I just wanted you to know you're an idiot.  

@AlwaysAngry said:
You know, I was being sarcastic...I'm a Christian too. I was mocking the OP because that's what she sounded like.  "
Jesus wasn't a troll. 
AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By AlwaysAngry
@GIVEMEREPLAY: No, but you are.
demigonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By demigonis

Hooray revisionist history!!

GIVEMEREPLAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By GIVEMEREPLAY
@AlwaysAngry said:
" @GIVEMEREPLAY: No, but you are. "
Et tu, trolle?  
tranquilchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By tranquilchaos
@GIVEMEREPLAY said:
" @tranquilchaos said:
" @GIVEMEREPLAY said:
" @tranquilchaos said:
That was a real zinger. You've really stripped away the layers of my intellect to lay bare the faults of my education. I tip my hat to you sir and assure you that from now on I am going to believe that an inexplicable sky-lord and his son are the true cosmic forces that hold reality together. Thank you so much. "
I've got no interesting in debunking your false beliefs, I just wanted you to know you're an idiot.    
Gosh I never knew you were so acquainted with my beliefs. You're quite probably the most helpful person on these forums. I'm just so glad there's someone here who can put me in my place with so few words. I mean without even saying anything of substance you have completely exposed me. You are quite obviously in possession of a dizzying intellect. 
Avatar image for deactivated-59a5cc20e5213
deactivated-59a5cc20e5213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's things like these that makes me glad i don't like in the U.S. 

And "rational religion" is an Oxymoron. 

ToadRunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ToadRunner

HEY CHRISTIANS I M NOT INSULTING U BUT UR ALL FUCKING IDIOTS AND LISTENING TO U FOR 5 SECONDS MAKES ME RAGE 

Arjuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Arjuna

Nothin' wrong with hatin' on Christianity or other religions.  They're not a race.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#50  Edited By Bones8677
@Arjuna: That's no excuse.