• 145 results
#1 Edited by Baillie (4245 posts) -

Does anyone know how to get to the page where it shows you the most viewed videos of that day and the most viewed videos in certain categories? I'd usually have to press 'Browse' to get there. All I have is a page with my subscriptions, and it's horrible.

I found the link to get to the page I'm used to. http://www.youtube.com/videos

It still isn't exactly what I'm looking for but whatever. I guess I'm going to get a lot less use of youtube than I'm used to :/

#2 Posted by Winternet (8025 posts) -

Of course it does. It's new.

#3 Posted by familyphotoshoot (654 posts) -

Maybe you should get better subscriptions.

#4 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2490 posts) -

Sign out and the main page shows up, and yes it sucks.

#5 Posted by believer258 (11979 posts) -

Youtube looks the same to me...

#6 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

Change is always bad. Fact.

#7 Posted by Baillie (4245 posts) -

@familyphotoshoot: I barely have any, I don't like having them.

#8 Posted by CaLe (4018 posts) -

@Baillie said:

Find some you like then. Stop hating everything.

#9 Posted by Baillie (4245 posts) -

@CaLe said:

@Baillie said:

Find some you like then. Stop hating everything.

Oh, because I don't subscribe to many channels it means I hate everything? No. I never liked the whole subscription method on YouTube. I liked going on, clicking on browse and seeing the most popular videos. I am very sure I'm not alone in this.

#10 Posted by Demoskinos (15007 posts) -

I dunno I didn't notice any changes. Looks the same to me.

#11 Posted by gamefreak9 (2369 posts) -

@Winternet said:

#12 Posted by Baillie (4245 posts) -

@Demoskinos: Yeah, it's completely different. Maybe it hasn't rolled out for you?

Anyway, I just figured it out. I have to go to www.youtube.com/videos to get to the page that is basically what I'm used to.

#13 Posted by mtcantor (948 posts) -

I don't mind it. I can still find pretty much everything I want.

Also, the new iTunes is pretty cool. Don't mind that either.

#14 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

Again?

#15 Posted by TobbRobb (4727 posts) -

Youtube has been terrible for a while. So wheeeeee.

My favorite part is where it recommends videos I watched earlier in the day. Such a useful function.

#16 Posted by SmilingPig (1340 posts) -

@believer258 said:

same

#17 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5036 posts) -

I didn't even notice it changed. Huh, good to know.

#18 Posted by Zeik (2535 posts) -

I just hate the new ad function on videos, where the video starts playing and then a few seconds later an ad overlay pops up that cuts off the video and forces you to start it from the beginning when you close it. It annoys the crap out of me.

#19 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4415 posts) -

@believer258 said:

#20 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

@Winternet said:

#21 Posted by thegoldencat7 (1497 posts) -

Yup.

#22 Posted by Demoskinos (15007 posts) -

@Baillie: Does the new one have Reccomended videos on the right a black bar with channel subs on the right? Because that is the layout I've had for a long long while.

#23 Posted by Baillie (4245 posts) -

Seriously, did NO ONE use the browse function? How are you supposed to find new videos? How do you find the most popular videos that day?

#24 Posted by Ramone (2975 posts) -

@Baillie said:

Seriously, did NO ONE use the browse function? How are you supposed to find new videos? How do you find the most popular videos that day?

I...don't. I watch my subscriptions every once in a while and that's about it.

#25 Posted by Bocam (3783 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@Baillie: Does the new one have Reccomended videos on the right a black bar with channel subs on the right? Because that is the layout I've had for a long long while.

It looks like this

#26 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

@Baillie said:

Well if I look for popular videos on youtube it only ever shows me pretty much the same channels every week. Like the channels that do those stupid blogs or whatever. They have so many subscribers that every video goes straight to the top, and now I never see random cool videos appear there like how it used to be in earlier days. So I find interesting videos from reddit.com/r/videos now instead.

#27 Edited by TheSlothKing (333 posts) -

Does anyone else have a giant unused spaced on the right on everything?

Edit: This new layout is giving me a headache.

#28 Posted by Spooks (29 posts) -

@Baillie: I frequently use the browse videos page and really missed it with the new layout. I noticed though that on my work computer I still had the old layout so it doesn't seem account based. When I cleared my cookies it revered me back to the old layout. Might be worth a try

#29 Posted by Groof (18 posts) -

Seems to be alright, so far... the bright white might get annoying at late evenings though.

#30 Posted by Subjugation (4724 posts) -

Man, they just changed the layout recently and now they have done it again. They're being like Facebook and updating when it is completely unnecessary. Bah humbug.

How do you find the trending videos now?

#31 Posted by ShockD (2409 posts) -

I like the classic 2006 tube; everything past that is pain in the ass.

#32 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

I've been using this layout for weeks now (I guess they rolled it out in waves?) and have hated it since day one.

If I want to see my subscriptions, I need to click on them over on the left and then click another box to only show new videos my subscriptions have uploaded and not everything they've looked at/watched/thought about watching. I can understand why some people may want the recommendations to be the first thing they see, but I don't understand why there isn't more customisation options. It's just a pain to use.

#33 Edited by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -

For some reason it's not filling my browser window at 1920x1080. Anyone know a fix?

Edit: WTF This can't be intentional

#34 Posted by Baillie (4245 posts) -

@Spooks: Just tried it - no dice.

@NekuCTR: It's just aligned to the left.

#35 Posted by TheSlothKing (333 posts) -

Also did they take out the thing that was above all the videos and you could have in expand out and see their other vids that person put up while watching a video?

#36 Posted by UitDeToekomst (719 posts) -

there's been a change made? Haven't noticed. The magnifying glass for the search is still in the same spot, so that is all i care about.

#37 Edited by Aegon (5701 posts) -

@TheSlothKing said:

Also did they take out the thing that was above all the videos and you could have in expand out and see their other vids that person put up while watching a video?

It's not on most of the videos I've seen which is annoying, but I saw a version of it on one. So maybe that's slowly being implemented?

@NekuCTR: I think it is.

#38 Posted by chrismafuchris (1088 posts) -
@TobbRobb What's best is when it recommends me videos I've uploaded
#39 Edited by MentalDisruption (1642 posts) -

Whats up with all the unused white space on the right side? That's the only things thats bugging me.

#40 Posted by Demoskinos (15007 posts) -

@Bocam: Huh....just got this now. The only thing bothering me is all the unused space on the page.

#41 Posted by Andorski (5341 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@Bocam: Huh....just got this now. The only thing bothering me is all the unused space on the page.

This. On a 1920x1080 res screen the page only takes half of the space, and it's not centered!!!

#42 Edited by Counterclockwork87 (696 posts) -

I HATE how it's so aligned to the left, it looks horrible! The rest I can live with...

#43 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4415 posts) -

@Andorski said:

@Demoskinos said:

This. On a 1920x1080 res screen the page only takes half of the space, and it's not centered!!!

Yeah that shit is seriously bothering me now and why would they waste all of that space on the right?!

#44 Posted by JeanLuc (3590 posts) -

Eh its just different. I'll get used to it by the end of the week.

#45 Posted by IrrelevantJohn (1083 posts) -

Yes it does suck.

#46 Edited by LikeaSsur (1562 posts) -

If there's one pet peeve of mine, it's the sheer audacity of people who always, without fail, get up in arms when anything changes. Facebook, Youtube, Newgrounds, Xbox Dashboard, anything. They whine and complain and say how much it sucks and how terrible it is, and how much better the old style was.

2 weeks later? They're all using it, not even raising a word against it. Then, when the next update comes out? Time to repeat the cycle! It's like clockwork.

Get over yourselves.

#47 Posted by Demoskinos (15007 posts) -

@LikeaSsur: Just because you get "used to" a design doesn't mean you are fine with it. I fucking haaaaaaaaaaaaaaate the Xbox Dashboard but I've invested thousands of dollars into the damn thing between all the digital stuff and games I've bought so of course I'm going to suck it up and deal with it.

#48 Posted by LikeaSsur (1562 posts) -

@Demoskinos: Except when the next update comes out. Suddenly, everyone's fine with it, and how could they change it?!

#49 Posted by Andorski (5341 posts) -

So when I just want to waste some time and watch some videos that are considered "the best of youtube" at the moment, I would just skim through the front page. Where can I do that now? I found the page where I can check out the "best" channels on youtube in each category, but I haven't found the page where I can see the "best" individual videos.

#50 Posted by 49th (2783 posts) -

I seem to get these 2-3 weeks before most people... it's really not that bad. It would be nice to have it full screen though, or at least centred.