• 145 results
#101 Posted by Alexandru (301 posts) -

everytime they change it people say that.

#102 Posted by WolfHazard (468 posts) -

God new iTunes sucks

#103 Posted by mrpandaman (864 posts) -

@Evilsbane said:

They fixed the DAMN video player changing resolution and resetting the buffer from just maximizing or minimizing the FUCKING VIDEO! It doesn't do that anymore Wheeee!

Yeah that was my biggest fucking gripe. That shit was too annoying. Other than that... about that huge white empty space. It looks and feels like Youtube is completely empty now.

#104 Posted by JasonR86 (9657 posts) -

I don't mind how it looks. The search bar is in the same place. Playing videos is the same. I'm set.

#105 Posted by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -

I don't usually hate on Youtube redesigns as long as I can still watch what I want to, but this is probably the worst the site has ever been. There is absolutely no design to it. It is White, and there is black text. I didn't think it was possible to have this little inspiration for a thing so many people use and enjoy. Also having to manually re-size my browser because everything is left aligned, and I have to literally squint to read anything is a mind boggling thing. I understand the Coding for dynamic fitting CSS is somewhat difficult, but this is fucking Google. Giant Bomb is more professional than this, and that is a team of barely a dozen engineers.

#106 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

I use a 42 inch LCD TV for my computer and half the page isn't even used at all, I mat as well windows key + left arrow it and browse on the other.

#107 Posted by Mendelson9 (402 posts) -

The new YouTube looks fine. My only problem is that you cant set the home page to show just subscriptions, they try to put these other recommended videos in the main feed that I don't want to watch.

#108 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@Mendelson9 said:

The new YouTube looks fine. My only problem is that you cant set the home page to show just subscriptions, they try to put these other recommended videos in the main feed that I don't want to watch.

Just bookmark this and use that from now on. 
so much easier
#109 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

It doesn't look fine, anyone saying it does either uses a 1024x768 monitor or is blind. On my monitor half of my screen is white space.

#110 Posted by ValiantGoat (376 posts) -

It will suck until the day it doesn't default to showing me the uploads of my subscriptions.

#111 Posted by oraknabo (1457 posts) -

As long as I can search for videos and watch them, I don't really care.

#112 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

Easier to use when I'm browsing a single channel's videos, like when I wanna watch loads of Game Grumps. It is ugly, though.

#113 Posted by Castiel (2578 posts) -

@Zeik: Adblock is your friend.

#114 Posted by Scrumdidlyumptious (1640 posts) -

I can't sort by upload date anymore. This is dumb.

#115 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

@Trainer_Red said:

@HistoryInRust said:

It is way, way, way too fucking bright.

The free Google Chrome extensions "Turn off the lights" and "High Contrast" do it for me.

I shouldn't rely on extensions to get past the crap design, GOOGLE. Thanks for the tip by the way.

#116 Posted by Vexxan (4618 posts) -

It looks very empty and I'm pretty bothered that the player isn't placed in the middle of the screen, looks dumb.

#117 Posted by Humanity (9056 posts) -

@Vexxan said:

It looks very empty and I'm pretty bothered that the player isn't placed in the middle of the screen, looks dumb.

I am hoping that this is some coding bug where it doesn't resize properly for all monitor resolutions because yah - all the icons are tiny and it takes up half a screen on any modern 1920 x 1080 resolution monitor. Unless they completely designed all of it on a 1388 x 768 laptop resolution

#118 Posted by Sweep (8845 posts) -

I ALSO DISLIKE THE NEW YOUTUBE.

/opinions

#119 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -

Every Youtube redesign since they added 16:9 video has been a downhill slope, I don't know if they hit it but up until 2011 I believe Youtube wasn't earning any money. They've been trying to push people towards more advertised content and away from smaller channels, so that's why you can't just see your subscriptions right away you have to see what Youtube wants you to see.

I've just changed my Youtube bookmark to go to the page with all my subsriptions uploads instead.

I don't mind the minimalist design, it's more fitting with the rest of Google's services which I like anyway.

#120 Posted by destruktive (1069 posts) -

I didn't mind the last change but the new youtube is really not good. I always used the tab that shows the other videos a certain youtube user has to look at more videos from that user and now I feel like I can't get anything done. :(

#121 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6988 posts) -

It looks like a bigger version of their mobile app.

#122 Posted by MikeydCT (563 posts) -

what is youtube thinking? they put this version out people bitch then they put back the old version and now its back to this version, WTF?

#123 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

I don't like it, why cant we have the old YouTube be the new YouTube.

#124 Edited by Itwastuesday (959 posts) -

They really are pushing recommendations much harder now. It's in-line with Google's policy of being absolute pricks with our browsing information.

#125 Posted by DEMONOLOGY_24 (521 posts) -

well I'm glad I watch all my youtube on my xbox with my 52' tv so I never have to look at awful menus. except the ones on the xbox of course.

#126 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

it looks pretty bad. there's a lot of white space everywhere. ads for other changes are in places.

#127 Posted by Osaladin (2515 posts) -

My only issue with it is that enormous amount of empty space there is on the right side of the screen.

#128 Posted by cutyoface (544 posts) -

I think it's fine.

#129 Edited by Snail (8595 posts) -

I prefer this to the previous version.

I wish the video player was more centered though.

#130 Posted by DrIntrovert (81 posts) -

My issues with it are how monochrome it is, the aforementioned and the constant pop-up explanations that can't be disabled globally. There's a surprising lack of customization overall, and with how they're pushing featured content it feels like a cash in. Hopefully they'll add more options soon.

#131 Posted by Superkenon (1418 posts) -

Even beyond the reaches of Facebook...

#132 Posted by SpartanHoplite (384 posts) -

Just logged in to check out my newest video and found out they've redone the site once again :/

#133 Posted by KittyVonDoom (445 posts) -

It keeps trying to recommend me Angry Joe videos.

Go to hell, YouTube >:(

#134 Posted by DrIntrovert (81 posts) -

@KittyVonDoom said:

You think that's bad? It wanted me to subscribe to Ray William Jonson.

#135 Posted by Ares42 (2624 posts) -

I find it pretty funny that if you try to remove recommended channels it just cycles the same 5'ish channels over and over.

#136 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5228 posts) -

@DrIntrovert said:

@KittyVonDoom said:

Hello there forum.

#137 Posted by DrIntrovert (81 posts) -

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@DrIntrovert said:

@KittyVonDoom said:

Hello there forum.

I'm not sure I follow what you're trying to say?

#138 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5228 posts) -

@DrIntrovert said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@DrIntrovert said:

@KittyVonDoom said:

Hello there forum.

I'm not sure I follow what you're trying to say?

I meant "What's happening forum?" Ya'know, that thing that he says.

#139 Posted by Y4123 (3 posts) -

i quit due to youtube you have to upgrade or they WILL force you! and i dont wanna

#140 Edited by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

What I don't like is how YouTube videos refuse to load unless I'm looking directly at them and I'm in the browser itself. I could be writing something in Notepad and still see the video, but since I'm not in the browser, it just stalls up and demands my attention.

#141 Posted by Viking_Funeral (1767 posts) -

@y4123 said:

i quit due to youtube you have to upgrade or they WILL force you! and i dont wanna

Why did you necro a 6 month old thread? Damn.

#142 Posted by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

@y4123 said:

With a highly unfortunate sentence to boot! Damn.

#143 Edited by villainy (556 posts) -

@viking_funeral said:
@y4123 said:

With a highly unfortunate sentence to boot! Damn.

I assume they wanted to bring attention to the fact that @rorie isn't included in the list of staff members who are automatically followed by new users. It's an honest to goodness travesty!

#144 Edited by mlarrabee (2927 posts) -

@y4123: That's the way websites work. You access what the webmaster chooses to upload. User-customizable experiences used to be nonexistent; even now they're definitely uncommon.

It killed MySpace, it's killing Facebook.

#145 Posted by frantic123 (1 posts) -

This message might look like a spam but Change.org is an original website where they are doing this petition for bringing the old Youtube back. The New Youtube Channel Design and Layout sucks. Its so messed, its really difficult to understand where the videos are, where to message somebody, how to write on channel etc and the interface is very stupid and uninteresting. There is a petition going on at Change.org where you can petition against this. If you think you want the old youtube back, where the design was simple and interface so brilliant,

sign in here: https://www.change.org/petitions/youtube-please-stop-the-new-2013-channel-designs-youtube-ytcreators

They require 35K people to sign this petition so that they can send this to Google and Youtube, that their users are unhappy with this. By letting them know about this, it'll be a small step towards change and success. And the good news is, already 29K people have signed up.

Thanks and Regards..And Please SHARE this MESSAGE!!