• 99 results
breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

Edited By breadfan

For those of you who do not know of the Westboro Baptist Church, they are the group behind the website God Hates Fags.  They have been known to protest high schools such as my own, as well as the funerals of fallen US soldiers.  The WBC travels around the country protesting such things and uses methods such as chanting songs with the lyrics changed to hateful slurs and offensive sayings and even tieing US flags to their feet to disrespect the people around them.

As for the reason to why they are protesting my high school the drama group is putting on a play about a gay college student who was kidnapped, tied to a post, and beaten to death for his lifestyle.  The play itself is not biased in any way, it shows the effects of this murder on the local community and shows how hate can ruin lives.  The WBC seems to think that this play should not be performed and claims that it supports the homosexual lifestlye.

Being a senior I have never been to a drama performance, but instead of planning a counter-protest the whole school plans to sell out the show every night in order to shove it in the faces of the Westboro Baptist followers.  It is just sad to see that hate such as this still goes on today and especially at a place such as a high school.  Their protests are supposed to take place later this week, so I am interested to see how things play out.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By breadfan

For those of you who do not know of the Westboro Baptist Church, they are the group behind the website God Hates Fags.  They have been known to protest high schools such as my own, as well as the funerals of fallen US soldiers.  The WBC travels around the country protesting such things and uses methods such as chanting songs with the lyrics changed to hateful slurs and offensive sayings and even tieing US flags to their feet to disrespect the people around them.

As for the reason to why they are protesting my high school the drama group is putting on a play about a gay college student who was kidnapped, tied to a post, and beaten to death for his lifestyle.  The play itself is not biased in any way, it shows the effects of this murder on the local community and shows how hate can ruin lives.  The WBC seems to think that this play should not be performed and claims that it supports the homosexual lifestlye.

Being a senior I have never been to a drama performance, but instead of planning a counter-protest the whole school plans to sell out the show every night in order to shove it in the faces of the Westboro Baptist followers.  It is just sad to see that hate such as this still goes on today and especially at a place such as a high school.  Their protests are supposed to take place later this week, so I am interested to see how things play out.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Snipzor

Shoot one in the face for me.

But seriously, just don't give them any attention, or insult them. Like trolls, they need recognition to know they exist, the lack of said recognition will only have them die off a slow and painful death. If you can, put on Chasing Amy afterwards. They'll love that.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By HandsomeDead

I think I could maim, torture and kill every member of that organisation and sleep like a baby afterwards.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By breadfan

We had an assembly today and the local police chief told us that we have the right to a peaceful counter-protest but if we do anything to violate their rights or cause trouble we will be punished just as they would.  They actually make their money from lawsuits by suing people that assault them.  They are all lawyers also, go figure.

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By super_machine

Those people are like the biggest real life Trolls. I don't get how they think what they are doing is Gods work. Maybe they will smote on the bus ride over.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Endogene

Haaa where are the Watchmen when you need them.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

They sound like idiots. It's probably good advertisement for the show, people are going to want to see what's so controversial about it if there are people protesting about it. If I were you I'd print out a bunch of thank you notes for the free advertisement and hand them out to the protesters. I'd love to see their faces if you did that.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Pibo47

Yeah...that sucks. I cant stand those people...and i hope they change there minds someday.

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bullet_Jr

I never understood why religious groups think people actually care what they believe.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Vinchenzo
Br3adfan said:
about a gay college student who was kidnapped, tied to a post, and beaten to death for his lifestyle.
Wasn't this covered in an episode of The West Wing? I think I saw it during my civics class.
Edgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Edgar
Br3adfan said:
"For those of you who do not know of the Westboro Baptist Church, they are the group behind the website God Hates Fags.  They have been known to protest high schools such as my own, as well as the funerals of fallen US soldiers.  The WBC travels around the country protesting such things and uses methods such as chanting songs with the lyrics changed to hateful slurs and offensive sayings and even tieing US flags to their feet to disrespect the people around them.As for the reason to why they are protesting my high school the drama group is putting on a play about a gay college student who was kidnapped, tied to a post, and beaten to death for his lifestyle.  The play itself is not biased in any way, it shows the effects of this murder on the local community and shows how hate can ruin lives.  The WBC seems to think that this play should not be performed and claims that it supports the homosexual lifestlye.Being a senior I have never been to a drama performance, but instead of planning a counter-protest the whole school plans to sell out the show every night in order to shove it in the faces of the Westboro Baptist followers.  It is just sad to see that hate such as this still goes on today and especially at a place such as a high school.  Their protests are supposed to take place later this week, so I am interested to see how things play out."
The Laramie Project is the play you're referring to.
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Snipzor said:
.But seriously, just don't give them any attention, or insult them. Like trolls, they need recognition to know they exist, the lack of said recognition will only have them die off a slow and painful death. If you can, put on Chasing Amy afterwards. They'll love that."
These fuckers are the scum of the earth, but I agree that they should be dealt with by ignoring them. Selling out the show sounds like a great idea, best of luck man.
ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ArchScabby

man, they shouldn't mess with high school kids.  Kids are stupid and always feel like they have something to prove. 
I hope they the WBC gets their asses kicked.

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By Xandurson

I'm a Catholic but I don't hate gay people. I think it would be great if you shove it in their faces.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Milkman
If those fuckers ever came to my school, I'd take one of their picket signs and shove them up their ass. Just organize your football team to beat the shit out of all of them. 
zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By zitosilva

I think you're attitude is the best one. If the play is sold out on every single day, not only shows how fruitless their protest is, but you also "win" by not diminishing yourself to their standards.
But it really saddens me that such an organization exist in the world. Hopefully this type of people will one day disappear.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Wolverine

It is really sad that that church preaches hate. Good for you and your classmates for selling out the show.

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hexpane

GHF is not a true church, they are clearly a radical right wing political organization.  I also suspect a lot of illegal behavior after hearing the mom do interviews on Stern, (the church "father" or patriarch sounds very abusive, and I bet there are tax evasions and molestations up the ass w/ that scene)

lukeissxc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lukeissxc

I think it is ridiculous for the church to protest against homosexuals. Nowhere in the bible does it say that God hates them, they seriously need to re-read the bible and learn what it is really about. Also according to the Bible God doesn't hate anyone including homosexuals. Its people like this that give christians a bad name and why so many people are often turned away for christianity as a religion.

Avatar image for captainlunchbox
Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 20

#20  Edited By Captainlunchbox

I'd do a sold out show/ counter-protest combo. And then use the money to go to their church and protest them on their front lawn.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JoelTGM

What do you think they will do?  Are they the type to just stand around with signs on their backs, or will they try to prevent people from entering the school?  You might want to get the cops involved to keep them off the lawn.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By toowalrus

Freedom of speech dude, I was forced to go see The Vagina Monologue, and that was twice as horrible.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#23  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Ignorance is the best policy here. The Constitution allows these people to spew out their crap, so simply leave them alone. After all, all these people want is attention for their stupid cause. If you don't give it to them than they go away.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Snipzor said:
"Shoot one in the face for me.But seriously, just don't give them any attention, or insult them. Like trolls, they need recognition to know they exist, the lack of said recognition will only have them die off a slow and painful death. If you can, put on Chasing Amy afterwards. They'll love that."
QFT
I use to troll a lot before when everyone would get all excited and emotional about what I said.  People stopped caring, I stopped trolling.

Similar rules apply
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Snipzor
ArbitraryWater said:
"Ignorance is the best policy here. The Constitution allows these people to spew out their crap, so simply leave them alone. After all, all these people want is attention for their stupid cause. If you don't give it to them than they go away."
What is this "The Constitution" and why did the president write it? Is there anyway to discount this so-called "The Constitution"?
JudgeDread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By JudgeDread

why have this group of people not been killed yet?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By jakob187

Hey, you wanna know what would be even better as a protest to their protest?

Change the play.

Seriously!  Change the play and invite them to see it.  What play will you perform?

Woodland Critters Christmas!  OF COURSE!!!

Lock all the fucking doors, shove compasses into their eyelids so they can't shut them.  FORCE THEM to watch it the same way they are forcing others to listen to their words of hate as they walk into the school.

Then I'll bet they leave you the fuck alone!
Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Coltonio7

Forget them, seriously. Gay people should have EVERY SINGLE RIGHT ANY STRAIGHT PERSON HAS. SERIOUSLY. If they're coming all that way to 'Say No' to a HIGH SCHOOL PLAY then they have absoutely no morals. I especially love how they bash funerals and children. If i were you I'd punch every WBC member you see their in their god-damn faces. Also, they hurt Jews, Catholics, blacks, and anyone who's last name isn't Phelps.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By natetodamax

For those who don't know them exactly, there are several videos on Youtube with their leader explaining their views. Only watch the interviews if you're in the mood to want to kill someone.

As far as protesting at a school, that is just fucked up. Seriously, if you walked into a school tomorrow wearing a shit that says "God Hates Fags" what would happen? You'd most likely get in trouble, yet they would let these delusional fuckheads to walk around with the same slogans and preaching about how awesome they are and how everyone deserves to die.

After reading this blog, I am officially pissed for the rest of the night.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jakob187
Coltonio7 said:
"Forget them, seriously. Gay people should have EVERY SINGLE RIGHT ANY STRAIGHT PERSON HAS. SERIOUSLY. If they're coming all that way to 'Say No' to a HIGH SCHOOL PLAY then they have absoutely no morals. I especially love how they bash funerals and children. If i were you I'd punch every WBC member you see their in their god-damn faces."
Yep, you gotta love a country where people are free to protest and spread words of hate...and yet it's not considered a hate crime or harassment.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By natetodamax
jakob187 said:
"Coltonio7 said:
"Forget them, seriously. Gay people should have EVERY SINGLE RIGHT ANY STRAIGHT PERSON HAS. SERIOUSLY. If they're coming all that way to 'Say No' to a HIGH SCHOOL PLAY then they have absoutely no morals. I especially love how they bash funerals and children. If i were you I'd punch every WBC member you see their in their god-damn faces."
Yep, you gotta love a country where people are free to protest and spread words of hate...and yet it's not considered a hate crime or harassment.
"
Exactly, which is what pisses me off about the USA. You can go protest a school play with "God Hates Fags" and "Thank God For Dead Soldiers" signs, but God forbid you call a black person a hateful name.

Somebody needs to rewrite the god damn rules for this fucking country.
Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Coltonio7
natetodamax said:
"jakob187 said:
"Coltonio7 said:
"
Exactly, which is what pisses me off about the USA. You can go protest a school play with "God Hates Fags" and "Thank God For Dead Soldiers" signs, but God forbid you call a black person a hateful name.Somebody needs to rewrite the god damn rules for this fucking country."
Weed is a crime, driving barefooted is a crime, wearing a mask in public is a crime. WHY THE FUCK ISN'T THIS!?

Few things make me appreciate Canada, but this is one of those things.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By natetodamax
Coltonio7 said:
"natetodamax said:
"jakob187 said:
"Coltonio7 said:
"
Exactly, which is what pisses me off about the USA. You can go protest a school play with "God Hates Fags" and "Thank God For Dead Soldiers" signs, but God forbid you call a black person a hateful name.Somebody needs to rewrite the god damn rules for this fucking country."
Weed is a crime, driving barefooted is a crime, wearing a mask in public is a crime. WHY THE FUCK ISN'T THIS!?Few things make me appreciate Canada, but this is one of those things."
I'm seriously considering emailing the President, or at least SOMEBODY who could possibly do ANYTHING about this.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jakob187
natetodamax said:
"jakob187 said:
"Coltonio7 said:
"
Umm...riiiiight...

It could be worse.  We could be running around with AK-47s strapped around our necks shooting each other with bombed-out car shells and dead bodies lining the roads.  =  /
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By natetodamax
jakob187 said:
"natetodamax said:
"jakob187 said:
"Coltonio7 said:
"
Umm...riiiiight...

It could be worse.  We could be running around with AK-47s strapped around our necks shooting each other with bombed-out car shells and dead bodies lining the roads.  =  /
"
True, but if one person did that they would be taken down faster than you can say "lol pwnt". I know it could be worse. Everything in this world could be worse, but the fact is that it isn't
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I hate stupid people. "God Hates Fags"? You've gotta be kidding me. Your school should fill the whole auditorium with girls and when the protestors come, STEAMY HOT HIGHSCHOOL LESBIAN MAKEOUT TIME! Oh yeah.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By natetodamax
TheGreatGuero said:
"I hate stupid people. "God Hates Fags"? You've gotta be kidding me. Your school should fill the whole auditorium with girls and when the protestors come, STEAMY HOT HIGHSCHOOL LESBIAN MAKEOUT TIME! Oh yeah."
They're not allowed inside I'm pretty sure. They just stand outside the buildings and act like they are on top of the world.
breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By breadfan
natetodamax said:
"TheGreatGuero said:
"I hate stupid people. "God Hates Fags"? You've gotta be kidding me. Your school should fill the whole auditorium with girls and when the protestors come, STEAMY HOT HIGHSCHOOL LESBIAN MAKEOUT TIME! Oh yeah."
They're not allowed inside I'm pretty sure. They just stand outside the buildings and act like they are on top of the world."
They are going to be assigned a section where they are limited to protest.  I do not think that it is on actual school property so I am guessing that it will be across the street somewhere.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By natetodamax
Br3adfan said:
"natetodamax said:
"TheGreatGuero said:
They're not allowed inside I'm pretty sure. They just stand outside the buildings and act like they are on top of the world."
They are going to be assigned a section where they are limited to protest.  I do not think that it is on actual school property so I am guessing that it will be across the street somewhere."
Can I ask what is wrong with your school system? They are completely ruining the right for free speech by preaching that shit, but your school doesn't seem to realize it.
Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Hexpane

One of the great risks and privileges of the USA is freedom of expression.  Sadly we have to tolerate these idiots, no, we can not kill them for being hateful douchebags.  Even the KKK has the same right to exist as the NRA.

With liberty and freedom, you have to ensure proper toleration.  Claiming that "god hates fags" is their right, and as americans we all must protect and respect their right to protest a bad high school play.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Quick! Set some landmines!

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By breadfan
natetodamax said:
"Br3adfan said:
"natetodamax said:
"TheGreatGuero said:
They are going to be assigned a section where they are limited to protest.  I do not think that it is on actual school property so I am guessing that it will be across the street somewhere."
Can I ask what is wrong with your school system? They are completely ruining the right for free speech by preaching that shit, but your school doesn't seem to realize it."
They are entitled to their rights to free speech just as any of us are, but they just use that right to spew hate and intolerance.  Technically they are not breaking the law and are allowed to a peaceful protest, well as peaceful as these people can get.  As long as they do not assault anyone or violate any laws there is nothing that can be done.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By natetodamax

I guess this just all goes back to what Coltonio said about hate crimes and harassment.
Saying that God hates fags: Hate crimes to gay people
Saying that we all deserve to die and that gays are worthless: both harassment and hate crimes.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By breadfan
natetodamax said:
"I guess this just all goes back to what Coltonio said about hate crimes and harassment.Saying that God hates fags: Hate crimes to gay peopleSaying that we all deserve to die and that gays are worthless: both harassment and hate crimes."
Hateful yes, but they are not actually going out and attack gay people, which is why they can get away with it.  They only protest in such offensive ways so that people will hit them or throw stuff at them and that would then allow them to sue and get more money to find their organization.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By natetodamax

*sigh*

We could discuss this forever, as it is literally an endless topic with different views and opinions. I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that these Westboro Church morons are stains on humanity, or at least the United States.

I'm pretty sure I want to move to Canada now.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#46  Edited By mracoon

The worst thing you could do is give tem attention, that's exactly what they want. They're like children, just very homophobic ones.

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Hexpane
Br3adfan said:
"natetodamax said:
"Br3adfan said:
"natetodamax said:
"TheGreatGuero said:
Can I ask what is wrong with your school system? They are completely ruining the right for free speech by preaching that shit, but your school doesn't seem to realize it."
They are entitled to their rights to free speech just as any of us are, but they just use that right to spew hate and intolerance.  Technically they are not breaking the law and are allowed to a peaceful protest, well as peaceful as these people can get.  As long as they do not assault anyone or violate any laws there is nothing that can be done."
As another poster mentioned, they dont assault anyone.  They troll to get assaulted so they can sue (the Patriarch and Matriarch are both Lawyers)

It's like Jack Thompson on steroids.   Just a bunch of trolling lawyers looking for easy payouts and free publicity
breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By breadfan

I would like nothing more than to see them hauled off in the back of police cars when they come to protest, but they are entitled to their rights.  Their 'congregation' only consists of about 60 members and they are all family members of Fred Phelps who created the church.  Eventually their numbers will diminish as people begin to realize how sad these people are and there are no people willing to join them.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By BiggerBomb
HandsomeDead said:
"I think I could maim, torture and kill every member of that organisation and sleep like a baby afterwards."

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By natetodamax
Br3adfan said:
"I would like nothing more than to see them hauled off in the back of police cars when they come to protest, but they are entitled to their rights.  Their 'congregation' only consists of about 60 members and they are all family members of Fred Phelps who created the church.  Eventually their numbers will diminish as people begin to realize how sad these people are and there are no people willing to join them."
That's true, but it will take a VERY long time. There are some videos on Youtube and pictures on their websites containing pictures of children holding signs and following their example. And when I say children, I mean children. They couldn't have been older than 6. If they continue to follow their example, they too might have kids who will follow them, and they will have kids who follow them......