• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Tireyo (6451 posts) -

I really don't know why she is interested in me, but GOOD GRIEF she has a horrible taste in men considering that she is even looking my way. Every fucking time this romantic interest shit happens I refuse each and every time to participate in any shenanigan, because I don't want to get to know anybody who has a romantic interest in me. I'm serious when I say this, but anyone after me is fucking desperate.

Every time I see her working at this local gas station, she gets all sparkly eyed when she sees me. Every time my mother goes in there, the first thing that blurts out of her mouth is how am I doing? It's like she's trying to get into my moms good graces to get to me. I can spot what she's about from a mile off, and I even have legit proof though people who know her as to what she is looking for. My mother can even spot what she's about, and she don't even have to talk to anyone! I get bad feelings, and mom gets bad feelings when we're around her. This girl is looking for someone that she thinks has money or will make money in the future. She also wants someone that she can control, and someone who she can call her boy toy or young meat. She has indeed been around the block several times (I've met some of those people), and I've haven't even left or thought about opening the door and make it outside to even go around the block! In other words, she's not a virgin and been with several, and I'm still a virgin and plan to stay that way.

Sure it's a little flattering that someone is interested in me, but I don't really want or hold an interest in anyone else and take it further (neither do I want to). Sure I want a friend and nothing more, but she definitely isn't even that. I've had this happen more than once, and I was hoping that this shit wouldn't happen again... Guess I didn't get my wish.

Anyways, that concludes my story of current craziness!

Update

I want to thank the ones who have taken some of their time to chat with me. I was stressed out with this situation, but now I'm over it. Talking it over did help me to come to the conclusion to just let her be nice, and say no to her when the time comes... because I really do not like her and I'm not looking for anyone. Also, I won't dwell on this, because all it's going to do is to eat me up from the inside. I cannot guarantee that this self-loathing or lack of confidence will stop, but it's a working progress as I am trying to think positive about things.

I've gotten a little mentally sick with the small and big tragedies that have happened to me within the past year, and it's really affected me to where I sometimes do not think before I act, much like what I've done here to express my concerns with this situation that I should have not shared here on the forums. I also really miss having a friend that I can always talk with without worrying about anything going anywhere. I'm really am sorry for getting you all involved, but for those who did talk with me, I just want you to know that ya'll did help. I give you my thanks. =-)

I would like this thread locked, as I think there is no further discussion value. I apologize for the trouble.

#2 Edited by mandude (2666 posts) -

Fake your death.

#3 Edited by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

K

#4 Edited by DeathByWaffle (652 posts) -

Man, you have a pretty high level of self hatred and self loathing. Congrats?

#5 Posted by Fallen189 (5052 posts) -

Well you already hate yourself so much, so she probably will do too. Stop being such a boring man and try to have fun for once.

#6 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

You better go ahead and hit that man, busts you all kinds of nuts, all kinds.

#7 Edited by Clonedzero (4196 posts) -

walk up to her and just start picking your nose midconversation. then wipe it on your sleeve and then try to shake her hand.

#8 Posted by Tireyo (6451 posts) -

@mandude said:

Fake your death.

But seriously, what age are you? And why would someone have to be desperate to be interested in you?

I'm 24, and they would be desperate because I literally have nothing to offer. No job, no income, live with my mom and so on. Even if that happened to be the opposite, I wouldn't be interested.

It's something that I've always had, and I've tried to just get over this weird self hatred and loathing thing. I really don't know why that is! I've tried to cover this up, but I'm not doing a great job. =-|

#9 Posted by TruthTellah (9472 posts) -

@tireyo: Stop interacting with her; go to a different gas station if necessary. Little good will come of this.

#10 Posted by SexyToad (2722 posts) -

When I read this I was actually smiling, It might be nice for you for you to see where this takes you.

However, none of us really know you or her, so none of can can accurately give advice.

(But I still say go for it :D)

#11 Edited by Tireyo (6451 posts) -

@truthtellah: A gas station is serious not a place I'd imagine meeting someone like this... or someone interested.

#12 Posted by GreggD (4515 posts) -

Wait a minute, weren't you the guy who came out to this forum? Like...half a year back or so?

#13 Posted by Bobstar (320 posts) -

but is she hot

is what everybody wants to know

#14 Edited by Fallen189 (5052 posts) -

@tireyo said:

@deathbywaffle said:

It's something that I've always had, and I've tried to just get over this weird self hatred and loathing thing. I really don't know why that is! I've tried to cover this up, but I'm not doing a great job. =-|

Well stop being such a debbie downer. The only one holding yourself back is yourself. I know that none of this will get through, because people who think they're depressive are often times stuck in an inescapable recess, but you should just try to enjoy life. What's the worst that happens? You go out once and then don't again? Big deal. Live a little.

#15 Edited by Tireyo (6451 posts) -

@greggd said:

Wait a minute, weren't you the guy who came out to this forum? Like...half a year back or so?

Yeah. And if you remember, I'm an asexual. That's one of the reasons why I'm not interested.

@tireyo said:

@deathbywaffle said:

Well stop being such a debbie downer. The only one holding yourself back is yourself. I know that none of this will get through, because people who think they're depressive are often times stuck in an inescapable recess, but you should just try to enjoy life. What's the worst that happens? You go out once and then don't again? Big deal. Live a little.

I don't mind living a little, but with someone who I don't really even like is not how I would want to start off.

#16 Posted by Fallen189 (5052 posts) -

@tireyo said:

@greggd said:

Yeah. And if you remember, I'm an asexual. That's one of the reasons why I'm not interested.

@fallen189 said:

@tireyo said:

@deathbywaffle said:

I don't mind living a little, but with someone who I don't really even like is not how I would want to start off.

Every partner you'll ever be with was a stranger once. It's part of getting to know someone.

#17 Posted by Zeik (2757 posts) -

If she's really looking for someone with money or will make money she's not very smart if she's scoping out gas stations.

#18 Edited by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

Man, with a thread title like that you better be bringing some Grade A material for Giant Bomb Xtreme Girl Advice. Way to disappoint OP.

#19 Posted by Tireyo (6451 posts) -

@tireyo said:

@greggd said:

@fallen189 said:

@tireyo said:

@deathbywaffle said:

Every partner you'll ever be with was a stranger once. It's part of getting to know someone.

Very true, but I don't want to get to know her. I see how she talks about others, how she focuses on material things, and how she carries herself. I don't need a friend (not a partner) like that.

#20 Posted by TruthTellah (9472 posts) -

@tireyo said:

@truthtellah: A gas station is serious not a place I'd imagine meeting someone like this... or someone interested.

You never know where you'll run into people. That's just how life is sometimes.

#21 Posted by Tireyo (6451 posts) -

Man, with a thread title like that you better be bringing some Grade A material for Giant Bomb Xtreme Girl Advice. Way to disappoint OP.

Here's my question for you then. How can I offer advice when I've never been with anyone in such a relationship? All I'm good for is rejection.

#22 Posted by jimmyfenix (3753 posts) -

Touch her shoulder

#23 Posted by rebgav (1429 posts) -

This seems like a tough nut to crack. Have you tried doing nothing? Seems like that would resolve the situation.

#24 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12110 posts) -

Touch her shoulder

Always the best idea.

#25 Posted by TheCreamFilling (1203 posts) -

Put your nozzle into her gas tank and get some full service.

#26 Posted by Tireyo (6451 posts) -

@rebgav said:

This seems like a tough nut to crack. Have you tried doing nothing? Seems like that would resolve the situation.

Well, if she ever pops me with the question if I want to go out with her, then I'll just say no. I'm not interested in looking for a relationship is what I'll tell her. If she pushes, then I'll handle it. I've had to before. I hate hurting people's feelings, but I do what I have to.

#27 Posted by Juzie (168 posts) -

Tell her she creeps you out like that old lady who tries to lure you into her house on halloween.

If she has already tried that...even better.

#28 Posted by Tireyo (6451 posts) -

@tireyo said:

Weirder things have happened.

#29 Posted by punkxblaze (2990 posts) -

If it's something you know you're not interested in, why are you telling all of us? This seems pretty fuckin' cut and dry, dude.

#30 Posted by JasonR86 (9726 posts) -

@tireyo:

Not to be that guy but...

Women deal with this all the time dude. At my gym most women can't go from one machine to the next without someone bugging them. Not that that means you, women, or anyone else should have to deal with it. Just saying.

Anyway, I would just look at it as a compliment and move on. It means she think you're attractive. That's nice. It's like a nice little pick me up. Just end it at that.

You could also be reading this wrong and she's just being nice.

#31 Posted by Strife777 (1612 posts) -

Man, I thought I had a self-esteem problem.

Normally, I would say how good looking is she? And if it's good then HIT THAT! (In a polite way.)

Otherwise, the advice I always give is talk. You don't want anything to do with her? Then ask her what you are to her, and depending on the answer, you just say "I'm not interested."

#32 Posted by rebgav (1429 posts) -

@tireyo said:

@rebgav said:

Well, if she ever pops me with the question if I want to go out with her, then I'll just say no. I'm not interested in looking for a relationship is what I'll tell her. If she pushes, then I'll handle it. I've had to before. I hate hurting people's feelings, but I do what I have to.

And if she doesn't approach you then you don't even have to go to the troubling lengths of politely declining. It's almost as if there isn't really a problem outside of you fixating on the idea that it's a problem.

#33 Posted by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

Btw thanks for posting that video in the other thread. I liked the idea so now I'm starting it myself. After I have all kinds of fat loss, I'm going to have all kinds of gains.

Also, you need to develop some confidence kiddo. I hate seeing people that don't have respect for themselves.

#34 Posted by Tireyo (6451 posts) -

If it's something you know you're not interested in, why are you telling all of us? This seems pretty fuckin' cut and dry, dude.

You do have a point. I'm just a little stressed out with it, because I know that one of these days I'll tell her no. I don't like to hurt anybody or anybody's feelings. I thought about talking about it might help... but I guess that this really is heading nowhere.

@juzie said:

Tell her she creeps you out like that old lady who tries to lure you into her house on halloween.

If she has already tried that...even better.

I'll never be that rude. Gentlemen do not insult ladies intentionally.

#35 Posted by Demoskinos (15143 posts) -

Just tell her.....

#36 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

@falserelic said:

Btw thanks for posting that video in the other thread. I liked the idea so now I'm starting it myself. After I have all kinds of fat loss, I'm going to have all kinds of gains.

Also, you need to develop some confidence kiddo. I hate seeing people that don't have respect for themselves.

Its all good your welcome, good luck on your fitness goal.

#37 Posted by Tireyo (6451 posts) -

@rebgav said:

@tireyo said:

@rebgav said:

And if she doesn't approach you then you don't even have to go to the troubling lengths of politely declining. It's almost as if there isn't really a problem outside of you fixating on the idea that it's a problem.

You're correct...

@jasonr86 said:

@tireyo:

Not to be that guy but...

Women deal with this all the time dude. At my gym most women can't go from one machine to the next without someone bugging them. Not that that means you, women, or anyone else should have to deal with it. Just saying.

Anyway, I would just look at it as a compliment and move on. It means she think you're attractive. That's nice. It's like a nice little pick me up. Just end it at that.

You could also be reading this wrong and she's just being nice.

I hope it's just being nice.

Man, I thought I had a self-esteem problem.

Normally, I would say how good looking is she? And if it's good then HIT THAT! (In a polite way.)

Otherwise, the advice I always give is talk. You don't want anything to do with her? Then ask her what you are to her, and depending on the answer, you just say "I'm not interested."

I'm not going to initiate the situation. I've decided just to let her be nice, and if she asks I'll just say no.

@falserelic said:

I really am sorry about that. I've never really had a lot of faith in myself, and it's really been a struggle. I really want to come out as a carefree and happy person, but I'm just so tore up inside.

#38 Edited by TruthTellah (9472 posts) -

@tireyo said:

@truthtellah said:

@tireyo said:

That's quite true. Weird things happen a decent bit.

But, uh, just to reiterate, I would highly recommend against having anything to do with this woman.

#39 Edited by Tireyo (6451 posts) -

@tireyo said:

@truthtellah said:

@tireyo said:

But, uh, just to reiterate, I would highly recommend against having anything to do with this woman.

I won't get involved. It's one thing I can say that I'm doing right.

#40 Posted by csl316 (9437 posts) -

Well, you're Man Enough. And even Vinny wasn't Man Enough today. I guess it's a good thing you're using your powers responsibly?

#41 Posted by TruthTellah (9472 posts) -

@tireyo said:

@truthtellah said:

@tireyo said:

@truthtellah said:

@tireyo said:

I won't get involved. It's one thing I can say that I'm doing right.

Good.

#42 Posted by JasonR86 (9726 posts) -

@tireyo: Because if she's not just being nice you'd get cooties?

#43 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (3778 posts) -

Alright, what matters here is: How old are you?

And if she keeps with it, say you're gay.

Or you could just explain to her nicely you're not interested. Either way works.

#44 Posted by Tireyo (6451 posts) -

@jasonr86 said:

Cooties is the last thing I'm worried about. -_- I'm not in grade school or school at all now. I just don't like her.

#45 Posted by 71Ranchero (2829 posts) -

Just tell her the truth about how you thrive on depression and self loathing because you find it comforting. If you tell her that you could never be interested in anyone because you may accidentally be happy for a moment and then risk having it shatter around you then she will run screaming.

#46 Edited by Tireyo (6451 posts) -

@blu3v3nom07 said:

Alright, what matters here is: How old are you?

And if she keeps with it, say you're gay.

Or you could just explain to her nicely you're not interested. Either way works.

Great idea! Then the gay man that works there will ask me out on a date! WHAT A TERRIFIC IDEA! <_< (That's not going to work).

@atramentous said:

Just tell her the truth about how you thrive on depression and self loathing because you find it comforting. If you tell her that you could never be interested in anyone because you may accidentally be happy for a moment and then risk having it shatter around you then she will run screaming.

I may be depressed and hate myself, but I'm not stupid enough to tell anyone I know in person that. Maybe stupid enough to post it here, but no one I know is going to find out!

#47 Posted by JasonR86 (9726 posts) -

@tireyo said:

@jasonr86 said:

Cooties is the last thing I'm worried about. -_- I'm not in grade school or school at all now. I just don't like her.

I'm giving you shit because you're over thinking dude. She just admires you...maybe. Just leave it at that.

#48 Posted by BigJeffrey (5178 posts) -

Is she repugnant, if not, YOLO right?, paper bag never hurt anyone.

(nah if she ever gets to close, tell her, hey it's very flattering that you like me like that but i'm not interested in that.)

#49 Edited by Tireyo (6451 posts) -

@jasonr86 said:

@tireyo said:

@jasonr86 said:

I'm giving you shit because you're over thinking dude. She just admires you...maybe. Just leave it at that.

I intend to leave it at that.

#50 Posted by Levio (1786 posts) -

Ask her if she would wait 100 years for you.

If she honestly answers yes, then she is probably the one for you and you should go for it.

If she can't say yes honestly, then why even bother, she obviously would be happy with another guy so there's no way she's the perfect one for you.