So there was a shooting at my school....

• 103 results
Avatar image for holywardethbane
HolyWarDethBane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By HolyWarDethBane
@jakob187 said:
" Wait, this kid's one-liner was "I'm about to make history"?
Was this in History class?
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@Rayfield said:
" That said, hopefully Jack Thompson will come out of retirement to report that this kid loved Counter-Strike and believed him to be a consumed by 'virtual reality in hyper reality'. "
He's not retired, he's disbarred. 
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By JJOR64

If that happened at my school, I would literally shit my self.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@HolyWarDethBane said:
" @jakob187 said:
" Wait, this kid's one-liner was "I'm about to make history"?
Was this in History class? "
No, says he was there to shoot his math teacher.
bjorno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By bjorno

how come people never call anything a LOW POWERED rifle????
huh???
whats with that???

Korone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Korone
@ahriman22 said:
" @Origina1Penguin said:

" It doesn't say it in that article, but the gun was a .30-06 bolt-action rifle bought at a Dick's Sporting Goods store. Fortunately, the gun jammed on him. "

Really? Wow... What a great weapon to chose for shooting up a school. While .30-06 is powerful, using it for this situation was probably the best proof of how much of a retard he was.  He should've lrn27.62mm.  EDIT: Actually 9mm, because at 25 cents a round, it's much better. And 7.62 is military... "
YOU ARE THE WORST KIND OF PERSON!
apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#57  Edited By apathylad

There was a shooting at my school a little before the quarter started.  Well, it wasn't on campus, but one of those apartments owned by the school in which somebody shot his lover, if I recall correctly. Most of these crimes seem to have precise targets, I remember a girl was stabbed at UCLA recently as well.

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By Rayfield
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @Rayfield said:
" That said, hopefully Jack Thompson will come out of retirement to report that this kid loved Counter-Strike and believed him to be a consumed by 'virtual reality in hyper reality'. "
He's not retired, he's disbarred.  "

Yeah, I know but you can't really come out of disbarrment. Ironic quotation marks now added.
BionicMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By BionicMonster
@Heartagram: whoa thats crazy! I live in Front Royal,VA which is'nt too far away from there and i never heard about it.
RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By RsistncE
@TheMustacheHero said:
" @TooWalrus said:

" Ha, when I was in high school, a kid showed up in the parking lot and shot his girlfriend four times in the chest, then shot himself. The girl was pregnant too. But it was haliarious! He shot the chick FOUR times, and she LIVED! Her baby too. Crazy. "

Nice!   This happened to me once, sept it wasn't my baby and I didn't get shot 4 times... "
Coming from the Moustachio'ed Hero, this is no surprise.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#61  Edited By RHCPfan24

"I'm about to make history"

My god that is terrible. He is also just really stupid and/or needs help. I am very grateful that no one was hurt though.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By FunExplosions
@Suicidal_SNiper said:
"  "It was just kind of surreal to me," student John Smith told FOX 5 as he left the campus. "It's the first time I have been at a school with a shooting."  Only his first? Sorry to be cynical at a matter like this... But seriously? "
Lol. That's what I thought when I read that part. It's like he's embarrassed that it didn't happen sooner.
Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Godwind
@jakob187 said:
" Wait, this kid's one-liner was "I'm about to make history"?  As what, a fucking dumbass?  CONGRATU-GODDAMN-LATIONS ON SUCCEEDING THERE!!!  Fucking people nowadays...  Whatever happened to just draggin a dood outside, beatin each other's ass, then going out and grabbing a brew? "
I remember the days when people use to have duels to solve their issues.  I think that is a far better solution than what the modern age suggests.
ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By ahriman22
@Korone: So they've said.
Korone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Korone

ffs 30-06 is 7.62

crusnchill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#66  Edited By crusnchill

This's what happen's when civilian's are allowed to carry gun's around freely. 

What a fucking idiot. 

I mean, is there seriously a good reason for him threatening his teacher's life with a gun?
Outside of the teacher being a peadophile or a murderer. I can't understand some fucking loser 20 yr old, or whatever, with the mentality of a 3 yr old havng a tantrum because mummy said no he/she couldn't have a cookie right now as it'd spoil his/her lunch. 

I hope he get's some psychological counciling. But as well as this, I hope he goes to prison. I mean, he need's to learn from this idiotic experience because, for goodness sake!  He should grow the fuck up! 

EDIT: My dad once told me of how his high school delt with fighting. 
If he or anyone got into a fight, the teacher's would seperate them, make them get changed into their gym clothes and give them some boxing gloves and kick them into the school's mini boxing ring and tell them to fight. They'd either fight or pussy out and make up. Either way they never fought again and they were usually friends afterward's.  
Why is this no longer allowed, it'd work wonder's? 
The namby pamby shit that goes on today is just not working. (Btw I'm 22, so high school and college are still quite fresh in my mind. And I still agree with the above way of handling agression in school's. Next to that, society would probably bitch less about everything under the sun. lol.)

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@CandleJakk said:
" @ahriman22: Okay, I will admit I don't know the US Firearms laws inside and out, certainly regarding that common sense first part about keeping them in safes, which does make sense, but as far as I can work, generally unenforceable except in cases of chance. Most houses I know of that have guns, (be they shotguns for hunting or air rifles), are always loaded, just in case of intrusion, to be used as a last resort threat. Even my dad says 'What's the point in having a gun if it's not loaded?', even if we only use it to shoot vermin.  However, it is my belief that if you try and shoot another human, you're a moron who deserves what's coming to you. "

Wait a minute. You live in the UK? Your family owns a gun? You know other people in the UK that own guns?

What exactly was your point again?
ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By ahriman22
@Korone said:
" ffs 30-06 is 7.62 "
FFS you're a stupid troll.  Do you know what 7.62 refers to? It refers to 7.62x51mm NATO. Cool, now fuck off.
Matfei90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Matfei90
@iam3green said:
" @TooWalrus: that is crazy that she lived. maybe she can become a rapper now. "
She'd have more street cred than Akon.
btman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#70  Edited By btman

Only in the good ol' USA... god i love this country where everyone can get a gun.  Thank you conservatives for fighting so hard for this.  You're really making this a better country.

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By CornontheCobbe

Damn man, scary shit. 

You Americans gotta think before you pull out your trusty musket! ; )

Just kidding.

Korone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Korone
@ahriman22 said:

" @Korone said:

" ffs 30-06 is 7.62 "
FFS you're a stupid troll.  Do you know what 7.62 refers to? It refers to 7.62x51mm NATO. Cool, now fuck off. "
do you know 7.62 is basically .30 caliber

if you're going to be a gun dork at least be right
ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By ahriman22
@Korone said:

" @ahriman22 said:

" @Korone said:

" ffs 30-06 is 7.62 "
FFS you're a stupid troll.  Do you know what 7.62 refers to? It refers to 7.62x51mm NATO. Cool, now fuck off. "
do you know 7.62 is basically .30 caliber  if you're going to be a gun dork at least be right "
Ugh. Just shut up and get off wikipedia. Just do it. I know it is a .30, but it IS NOT .30-06. The 06 is a complete shit caliber for a school shooting due to the weapons it is used in, mainly being rifles. Now NATO is a much better caliber due to it's strength and the fact that it's mainly used in assault rifles, which are much better to kill a large number of people in a small space. Although shotguns would have worked infinitely better. So like I said, 9mm is much more economical for the wallet concerned serial killer.
RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By RetroIce4
@iam3green said:
" @TooWalrus: that is crazy that she lived. maybe she can become a rapper now.   in my school some kid brought in a gun to school. he didn't live in the town he lived in a city like next couple of towns over. he was stupid and told a lot of people. when somebody did tell the principle the gun ended up just being a air-soft gun that was spray-painted black. everyone just laughed about it. "
Yo Fitty Cent here. I got shot 9 times dawg, so now I can't say Birfday correctly.
Korone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Korone
@ahriman22 said:
" @Korone said:

" @ahriman22 said:

" @Korone said:

" ffs 30-06 is 7.62 "
do you know 7.62 is basically .30 caliber  if you're going to be a gun dork at least be right "
Ugh. Just shut up and get off wikipedia. Just do it. I know it is a .30, but it IS NOT .30-06. The 06 is a complete shit caliber for a school shooting due to the weapons it is used in, mainly being rifles. Now NATO is a much better caliber due to it's strength and the fact that it's mainly used in assault rifles, which are much better to kill a large number of people in a small space. Although shotguns would have worked infinitely better. So like I said, 9mm is much more economical for the wallet concerned serial killer. "
lolololol
CandleJakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By CandleJakk
@Bellum said:
" @CandleJakk said:
" @ahriman22: Okay, I will admit I don't know the US Firearms laws inside and out, certainly regarding that common sense first part about keeping them in safes, which does make sense, but as far as I can work, generally unenforceable except in cases of chance. Most houses I know of that have guns, (be they shotguns for hunting or air rifles), are always loaded, just in case of intrusion, to be used as a last resort threat. Even my dad says 'What's the point in having a gun if it's not loaded?', even if we only use it to shoot vermin.  However, it is my belief that if you try and shoot another human, you're a moron who deserves what's coming to you. "
  Wait a minute. You live in the UK? Your family owns a gun? You know other people in the UK that own guns?  What exactly was your point again? "
It's not against the law to own a gun in the UK. My family owns an air rifle. A low powered firearm that holds one lead slug designed to exterminate vermin, i.e pigeons, rats, etc.. This is perfectly legal. To own a shotgun, the only other legal firearm in the UK, you need to be farmer, with a, current livestock license before you'll be allowed one. Air rifles are of a limited power, ensure fatalities kept to minimum, shotguns are ridiculously hard to get licenses for, even as a farmer. So the likelihood of it getting into the wrong hands is unlikely.
pwnasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By pwnasaurus

he could have had a better one liner... if it was math class he should have said "calculate this" then fired
Korone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Korone
@pwnasaurus said:
" he could have had a better one liner... if it was math class he should have said "calculate this" then fired "
Yes. :V
pwnasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By pwnasaurus
@Korone said:
" @pwnasaurus said:
" he could have had a better one liner... if it was math class he should have said "calculate this" then fired "
Yes. :V "

people really need better one liners i mean as your last words its got to be catchy if he was in history class even his original sucked i would have gone with "your history!" (if in history class)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CandleJakk said:

What makes a farmer more qualified to use a shotgun than any other Joe? :/
Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Rayfield

SAY HI TO SOCRATES FOR ME! BOOM!

pwnasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By pwnasaurus
@Rayfield:
thats not bad
turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#83  Edited By turbomonkey138
Christ some teenagers give us a bad name ... Can't they deal with there issues and not resort to this stupidity ?
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#84  Edited By StarFoxA
@jakob187 said:
" Wait, this kid's one-liner was "I'm about to make history"?  As what, a fucking dumbass?  CONGRATU-GODDAMN-LATIONS ON SUCCEEDING THERE!!!  Fucking people nowadays...  Whatever happened to just draggin a dood outside, beatin each other's ass, then going out and grabbing a brew? "
He should've used a Duke Nukem line so that the media could blame it on video games and he'd have a better one liner. Then everyone would be happy.
Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Rayfield
@StarFoxA said:
" @jakob187 said:
He should've used a Duke Nukem line so that the media could blame it on video games and he'd have a better one liner. Then everyone would be happy. "

Reuters (AP) - Nov 10, 2009 - Prelimary reports are coming out of school in VA today of a 20 year old student threatening to shoot a teacher with a rifle. Other students were confused when he raised the gun and said aloud in class I'VE GOT BALLS OF STEEL. Police are investigating.
CandleJakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By CandleJakk
@Bellum: Where farms are, there is generally livestock. (Cows, Pigs, Sheep etc), which attract vermin, Foxes, Badgers, etc... which will kill livestock important to the UK economy, as such, approved farmers, are allowed to have a shotgun license, in order to preserve stock to keep the country going, more so in terms of total war, though the way our government is going, this will eventually be pointless. In short, they have a national-interest commodity to protect, something which the vast majority do not, and as such are granted special privileges.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CandleJakk said: 
Ah, that makes sense. 

So, how does the UK prevent criminals from having weapons illegally? It's the traditional fall-back argument for the pro-gun crowd that without guns, citizens are helpless against criminals. Based on the articles in Violence: Opposing Viewpoints, I would go so far as to suggest that Switzerland has a perfectly reasonable approach. If everyone were obligated to own a firearm and to know how to use it properly, there would at least be fewer incidents of misuse. For cultural reasons, I don't think it would necessarily lead to lower incidences of violent crime, but I think there are enough natural experiments going on to conclude that a state with high gun ownership can have high gun crime. You can then infer that gun crime is not a function of gun ownership. I'd argue that it is caused by a number of factors.

Also, I'm not for mandatory military training. Because no. I do not want to get up.
Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#88  Edited By Xeiphyer

Its called masturbation guys, enough with bringing guns to school already.

AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 10

#89  Edited By AlexB

When I went to high school, there was a kid who murdered his two parents who were both teachers at a neighboring high school. I walked past him several times in school. Kinda eerie.

CandleJakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By CandleJakk
@Bellum: "So how does the UK prevent criminals from having weapons illegally?" 

Badly is the answer to that, I won't deny it. But there's also no denying the correlation between the USA's law that everyone can own a gun, and it's high gun crime rate, and the UK's illegality of the same thing, and it's low gun crime rate.  Yes, the swiss have it right in this respect, everyone entitled to have a firearm, knowing how to maintain and use it properly, and not be involved in a war for fuck knows how long? Brilliant. Yes there are a number of reason why people seek to acquire a gun, the main one being protection, which I feel is a direct result of our scaremongering media sensationalism. Get rid of this, fear of our falling crime rate goes down, less illegal arms trade. It's logical, but our governnent can't see how partial censorship can work in it's favour. 

I was not ever saying any system is perfect, it isn't but merely suggesting that some countries have a better way of dealing with certain issues than others.
YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By YoThatLimp
@TooWalrus: Yeah man, totally hilarious!
Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#92  Edited By Driadon
@CandleJakk: I feel for you, as a Canadian our regulation laws are next to pointless, but the fact that they are not readily available for anyone really puts down the numbers. If anything, you're more likely to be attacked by someone with a knife, if attacked at all, in Canada then with a gun simply because of this. The ones who have access to blackmarket firearms tend to be few and far between, especially since a good 70 - 80% of our "gang problems" are natives that piss away all money they have on so much booze they can't so much as walk straight or speak properly much less stab someone or fire a gun.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CandleJakk said:

" @Bellum: "So how does the UK prevent criminals from having weapons illegally?"   Badly is the answer to that, I won't deny it. But there's also no denying the correlation between the USA's law that everyone can own a gun, and it's high gun crime rate, and the UK's illegality of the same thing, and it's low gun crime rate.  Yes, the swiss have it right in this respect, everyone entitled to have a firearm, knowing how to maintain and use it properly, and not be involved in a war for fuck knows how long? Brilliant. Yes there are a number of reason why people seek to acquire a gun, the main one being protection, which I feel is a direct result of our scaremongering media sensationalism. Get rid of this, fear of our falling crime rate goes down, less illegal arms trade. It's logical, but our governnent can't see how partial censorship can work in it's favour.   I was not ever saying any system is perfect, it isn't but merely suggesting that some countries have a better way of dealing with certain issues than others. "

Everyone is not allowed to own a gun in the US. They generally require a rudimentary background check. Felons are not allowed to own a gun. Different states handle it differently. Whatever the conservatives would have you believe, the gun question is handled by the states, not the individuals.

Also, I don't think there are many people who get guns illegally just to protect themselves. I find it far more likely that people get guns illegally in order to use them illegally. I could be wrong about that, but I find the connection between the media and illegal weapons trafficking less that convincing. Also while some legal gun-ownership in the US might be attributed to media scaremongering, forgive me if I don't take your word for it that gun-crime in the US is a function of legal gun ownership. As I've said, felons are not generally allowed to own firearms. I believe most criminals commit crimes more than once, so it is far more likely that any particular violent gun-crime will involve an illegal firearm. Feel free to disprove that using actual facts, but I think the main problem in the US is cultural. We're a bunch of ignorant, racist, class-oriented fucks who can't get along.
Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Rayfield

Police have released preliminary photos of the alleged gunman... 

CandleJakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By CandleJakk
@Bellum: Purely for not knowing US gun law inside out, like I say, I cannot argue against this, and I would like to see more transparency in the international media about this sort of thing, as I am generally suspicious of the figures that are generally spouted to keep us in fear. (I'm a cynic for those who hadn't noticed). I am sure some of my statements are false, but I can only claim them as being "fact" based on the evidence provided. I agree, people will buy illegal for the illegal use of it. It's basic psychology, something get's banned, most people want it. The sad thing in the UK that the majority of illegal gun owners use it for protection from knife crime. I am a firm believer in "those that carry weapons are more likely to be killed by them", which does seem to be the case, certainly in larger cities.

I am glad to see that there is more regulation over the issue than is reported in the UK. It makes me feel more comfortable about the world as a whole.

@Driadon: Well put, pretty much the UK  violent crime statistics summed up there.
Heartagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#96  Edited By Heartagram
@kashif1: I think i have seen the kid around and i was actually going to sign up for a class next semester with that teacher
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By TheGreatGuero
@TooWalrus: I don't know if hilarious is a good way to describe it, but pretty ironic, I suppose. Good for her.
Heartagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#98  Edited By Heartagram
@Rayfield: The Irony of that is that there a bunch of kids who sit in the cafeteria and play WoW and Yu Gi Oh like all day and i believe he was one of them i think i may have seen him in there before so you know video games are evil
yani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By yani
@CandleJakk 

You don't have to bee a farmer.  As it stands, you need no justification to own a shotgun and can have as many as can be stored safely.  For rifles, you need justification such as vermin control (i.e. rabbits) or membership of a shooting club and training is required for higher calibre rifles.  Guns must be stored in a safe with the ammunition either in a separate safe or in a sub compartment with a different key.  It is illegal for anyone but the certificate holder to know where this key is.
  I'm currently a licensed for a 12 bore over-under shotgun and a .22 scoped rifle with silencer!  I don't actually have a silencer but the guy who interviewed me suggested that I apply for it just in case.......
nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By nanikore
@FireBurger said:
" @Video_Game_King: I doubt you get shot four times while pregnant and just shrug it off. "
Jesus Christ...