#1 Posted by mordukai (7133 posts) -

Well after a long absence, broken by the occasional chat with old friends, I have decided to come back and see what the heck has been going on here. I understand Linky and Oldschool are gone and the site now has a subscription option. Anything else that's new and interesting happened while I was gone?   

PS - if anyone can shed more light on why Linky and Oldschool were banned then please do.

#2 Posted by zegolf (224 posts) -

I don't know the answer to this, but I'm responding so I can follow along with follow-ups.

#3 Posted by Yummylee (21255 posts) -

Halo Reach got 4/5. Chaos ensued.

#4 Posted by mordukai (7133 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:
" Halo Reach got 4/5. Chaos ensued. "
Halo again. DAMN.
#5 Posted by Ragdrazi (2283 posts) -

I'm still here. So site still awesome.

#6 Posted by Mrskidders (1330 posts) -

Site is getting better, forums are going to shit.

#7 Posted by Undeadpool (4908 posts) -
@Mordukai: Same as it ever was. Site's going great. Forum's got about the same ratio of good and bad posters, and about the same ratio who think the forum's somehow degenerated, even though the ratio's about the same. I dunno how long you've been gone, but they've now got freelancers like New Brad (BradNicholson) writing up news stories which frees the staff up for reviews and video content. Subscription service gets you HD video, downloadable videos (any and all of them) and live streaming of the Whiskey Media Happy Hour every Friday from 4PM-5ish. Oh yeah, they got a new office too, so now all the Whiskey sites have waaaay more overlap with one another, which is highly controversial, but I personally think is great.
#8 Edited by Xeiphyer (5595 posts) -
@Mrskidders said:

" Site is getting better, forums are going to shit. "

Ehh I dunno, the forums have gotten better since 6 months ago. 

@Mordukai:
Linky got banned for talking shit about the GB staff constantly, eventually the mods asked if they could ban him and then they did. He got a ton of warnings but didn't stop, he kind of forced the mods hand on that one. A private pm was sent around between his friends and some active members around here, I dunno if I can find it now though, its buried pretty deep I imagine =P

Also after getting banned he went and made an account on Tested, but since then that account has also been banned. I don't know the story there but I would assume that the multi-pass account thing might have extended his ban to the rest of Whiskey Media sites. This is all assumptions though. He might have just gotten himself banned again =P Doubt it though. 

Oh, and shortly after Linky got banned Oldschool decided to quit the site as well. Seems a bit drastic, its just a videogame website, but thats what happened. Oh the drama.
#9 Posted by Yummylee (21255 posts) -
@Xeiphyer:  
He had a profile on Screened too, which has just outright vanished O.o
#10 Posted by Ragdrazi (2283 posts) -
@Mrskidders said:
" Site is getting better, forums are going to shit. "
Everyone always says this always but they never seem to have a good reason. I took a several month break and just came back. No change.
#11 Edited by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

that linky guy got banned, and people whined. 
Those people were told to stfu but they didn't. a couple of months of constant whining and then that fad was over. 
Oldschool, no idea who that is. 

Subscribtions you know about. 
And.. Well that's it I guess 

It's a better place now, though (that's not saying a lot)

#12 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6287 posts) -
@Mordukai said:
" Well after a long absence, broken by the occasional chat with old friends, I have decided to come back and see what the heck has been going on here. I understand Linky and Oldschool are gone and the site now has a subscription option. Anything else that's new and interesting happened while I was gone?     PS - if anyone can shed more light on why Linky and Oldschool were banned then please do. "
Linky insulted Jeff (something about growing a third chin, I know it was a fat joke just can't remember what was said exactly) because he gave Lost Planet 2 a bad review. Of course everyone started bitching and moaning, and then Oldschool, so butthurt over his fellow Nintendo fanboy's banning, essentially ragequit the site. 

#13 Posted by CookieMonster (2416 posts) -

The comments sections on the reviews have gone to shit and some guy from Destructoid does the news section (and he ain't great). These are just minor things I suppose. Other than that, the crew are as hilarious as ever and are still posting amusing videos.

#14 Posted by Yummylee (21255 posts) -
#15 Edited by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Just watch all the videos and articles that you missed. 

EDIT: You missed out on a lot of shitstorms.

#16 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@Mordukai:  Hey man, been a long time. Welcome back.

I'm over the Linky banning. But there's some misinformation being posted about oldschool. He was banned along with Al3xand3r. The whole affair was a sloppy mess. I've moved on. A lot of the old Nintendo fans are gone or don't post that much. Remember the Wii Defense Force, pretty much disbanded. It was a joke in the first place. 

I still love my Wii. My god-damned Wii that is. I said so in Hamts3r's Community Song.

Other than that, just trolling right along.
#17 Edited by DanceDanceKennypants (632 posts) -

@Mordukai:

Oh yeah, I'm sorry to see Oldschool got his bottom handed to him. I mean, it's only the internet, for eff's sake. 

Ol' Linky seemed to be on morning, noon and night. Never a healthy sign. You gotta step back and get some perspective.

I remain unbanned, and brazenly so.

I thought you were gone forever Mordukai! Don't bother posting here.

Silly old teenagers, is all.

Baloney went down ten cents on the pound this year. Seems like everybody's got it it coming out their ears, even this old fart.

Yup.