• 159 results
Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Right now I'm reading The Call of Cthulhu and Other Wierd Tales, which is a collection or H.P Lovecraft's work as you might have guessed. I'm also reading Ken Follet's The Fall of Giants on and off. Also I'm looking at reading through the thousand and one nights whenever I finish what I'm on right now, for some reason I've wanted to read those recently.

@Wrighteous86 said:

Once I get some free time, I'd like to read Dante's Divine Comedy.

Nice, I found that hard as shit to read but if you can do it it's really interesting.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm a fan of the Dresden Files books, re-reading them slowly when bored. I really enjoy the "common" themes of magic and fantasy, set in modern day, with a smartass Wizard as the main character. Also Mouse is an awesome character. Also A Dance with Dragons. Love those books, so glad the series inspired me to read them.

RockAction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By RockAction

@MagusMaleficus said:

Finished House of Leaves and am jumping into Robert Jordan's Conan books. Regarding House of Leaves: Highly recommended but be prepared to read it front to back at least twice in order to absorb everything. House is a documentary transcript within a book within a book...within a book.

someone bought me a copy and its been lying on a shelf for years, looked strange so i never read it and forgot about it until your post, definitely going to check it out, thanks

i'm trying my best to get into the dudley smith trilogy by ellroy but something keeps holding me back, already read la confidential and its great but i want to read the whole thing through

still have loads to finish too, Adventures of a Young Man by John Dos Passos, which is the start of the DC trilogy so thats another trilogy and i left the once and future king by the road before end of year exams etc and want to get back into that

plus continuing to read essays by joseph brodsky and emil cioran

HrMagni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By HrMagni

Jewball by Neal Pollack.

About a Jeweish basketball team in Philly in the late 1930' and their trouble with the german american bund (the us nazi party). Good read and am enjoying it. The book is based on the Philadelphia Spha which was one of the best basketball teams in American at their time, the fact most of their players were Jewish led pundits to claim it was because of genetics, Jews were naturally more dexterous, had better rhythm, and more intrinsic athletic ability. I wonder about whom have we heard that before.

And last week because i was on vacation i read Prague winter by Madeleine Albright, really enjoyed that one mainly because i lived a year in czech and am intrested in the story of country. And the hunger games trilogy, ok quick read. And also Brooklyn NY: A Grim Retrospective, which i enjoyed the least.

obinice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By obinice
@jazin The Wind Through The Keyhole (part of the Stephen King epic The Dark Tower), then maybe I'll give American Gods a read. Oh, and i always recommend The Farseer Trilogy to anybody who enjoys Game Of Thrones style fantasy epics :)
SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By SmilingPig
No Caption Provided
isaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By isaiah

Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#158  Edited By DrPockets000

Working on Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, about to get started on the Malleus Maleficarum. 

sean2206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#159  Edited By sean2206

I'm working my way through A Feast for crows, although between exams and just the book being generally slower moving than A Storm of Swords that has been going very slowly. Although I intend to finish it and then A Dance with Dragons over the summer. I'm really looking forward to getting onto Dance from what I have heard it sounds a lot better and features a lot of my favorite characters.

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By SmilingPig
No Caption Provided

I was thinking of getting involved in competitive gaming.