So... what now?

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By JustPlainLucas

First time revisiting GB since the two sites moved into the same office building a few months back. I'm toying with the idea of making this website my new "home", as I'm a little peeved (well, actually greatly peeved with the lack of initiative to really do anything about it) at their constant bone-headed "upgrades" that break more things wrong with the site than they fix or improve. The community's slowing dying off, and it seems every other day I'm seeing a new blog from a veteran saying they're leaving primarily because of the new comment system. I haven't posted regularly in their forums for some time, and I think their total revamp of their Terms of Service (although at first, it was promising) was an over-corrected reaction to the number of people complaining about the strictness of the moderation. To be honest, I'm just not much of a forum poster in general anymore.

So why do I stick with GS? I still enjoy posting user reviews, but I've noticed you can do that here as well.. Maybe I'm thinking of a weekend project where I migrate my GS user reviews here? Hmm.. maybe continue my blogs here instead and hope the community is a little more respondent to my ... musings, I guess? We'll see... Plus, my favorite reviewers Jeff and Alex are here! G.S. ... Growing Stale? Maybe... it's hard to leave a place you've called home for so many years, you know? But when "home" no longer feels welcome... why stay?

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By JustPlainLucas

First time revisiting GB since the two sites moved into the same office building a few months back. I'm toying with the idea of making this website my new "home", as I'm a little peeved (well, actually greatly peeved with the lack of initiative to really do anything about it) at their constant bone-headed "upgrades" that break more things wrong with the site than they fix or improve. The community's slowing dying off, and it seems every other day I'm seeing a new blog from a veteran saying they're leaving primarily because of the new comment system. I haven't posted regularly in their forums for some time, and I think their total revamp of their Terms of Service (although at first, it was promising) was an over-corrected reaction to the number of people complaining about the strictness of the moderation. To be honest, I'm just not much of a forum poster in general anymore.

So why do I stick with GS? I still enjoy posting user reviews, but I've noticed you can do that here as well.. Maybe I'm thinking of a weekend project where I migrate my GS user reviews here? Hmm.. maybe continue my blogs here instead and hope the community is a little more respondent to my ... musings, I guess? We'll see... Plus, my favorite reviewers Jeff and Alex are here! G.S. ... Growing Stale? Maybe... it's hard to leave a place you've called home for so many years, you know? But when "home" no longer feels welcome... why stay?

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By JustPlainLucas

Oops... just noticed this feature of GiantBomb. Didn't mean to associate it to the forums. Disregard if you don't wish to read. If you did read, then I guess feel free to comment. :P

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By SSully

Greg isn't here, he's at super giant games. Besides that welcome to the site!

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JustPlainLucas

@SSully: *facepalm* Jeff... Do'eth!

Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Toxeia

So you're moving from GS to GB? Good on you. Game Spot's bloated and has a terrible user base from what I've seen. Giant Bomb's cozy, and we're all familiar with each other's genitals. You ever need a place to rest your head, they're right here. No homo... unless, you maybe..?

Dexter_Morgan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dexter_Morgan_

@Toxeia said:

So you're moving from GS to GB? Good on you. Game Spot's bloated and has a terrible user base from what I've seen. Giant Bomb's cozy, and we're all familiar with each other's genitals. You ever need a place to rest your head, they're right here. No homo... unless, you maybe..?

This is what you get for mentioning GS, OP. This is on you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toxeia's post is a fine example of the high standard of quality we here in the Giant Bomb community expect of you.

PulledaBrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PulledaBrad

Who wants to swordfight?

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SexyToad

Sword fight?

JBG4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By JBG4

Just the tip... just for a second.

ManU_Fan10ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ManU_Fan10ne

welcome, JustPlainLucas, and GLHB :)

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#12  Edited By Little_Socrates
Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Brendan

This has been a pretty good cross section of the community so far in this thread. Welcome to whatever this is, we have some good stuff and some not so good stuff here.

ManU_Fan10ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ManU_Fan10ne