So what was your favorite part of The Dark Knight Rises?

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By Deranged

When Bruce got his ass handed to him by Bane.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By veektarius

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

I loved the charge of the cop brigade.

The music there was just outstanding. I wish I could find the scene online to just watch it again, but it really gave you that feeling that, "okay, so maybe the cops are outgunned, but shit, there are a lot of them, and they are pissed."

Edit: that was also my favorite part

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By stinky

Bane at the stadium when he delivers the best line of the movie.

commenting on the young singer's voice,

"that is a beautiful voice"

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

The film was surprisingly sloppy and rushed, I'm actually surprised so many people outright loved it. The twist at the end with Tate was god awful and completely took away from Bane as a villain. Unlike in "The Dark Knight" and "Batman Begins", Batman and Bane have almost no relationship at all. There is no established conflict of wits or personality between the two and the few times they are fighting each other are rushed and end far too quickly. Seriously that last fight between Bane and Batman was maybe two minutes at most. Banes death was awful and his character really deserved a better exit from the film. The entire film was an absolute mess in terms of pacing, but despite easily being the most flawed of Nolan's trilogy it still manages to impress at points. John Blake was a great character and his own personal journey with the parallels to Bruce's was fantastic. All of the performances were just great, most notably Hathaway, Hardy, Bale, and Caine. The ending of the film was good and really classy, I loved the bits with Blake discovering the batcave etc. The Pit was an interesting part of the film and reasonably well done, but it felt extremely out of place. Miranda Tate was an awful character, the film really would have been better off without her. I immense difficulty understanding a good 50% of Banes dialog (so did all of my friends, one of which said he couldn't understand anyof it), the sound mixing for his voice was kind of terrible.

Avatar image for detectivespecial
DetectiveSpecial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By DetectiveSpecial

@SathingtonWaltz said:

The film was surprisingly sloppy and rushed, I'm actually surprised so many people outright loved it. The twist at the end with Tate was god awful and completely took away from Bane as a villain. Unlike in "The Dark Knight" and "Batman Begins", Batman and Bane have almost no relationship at all. There is no established conflict of wits or personality between the two and the few times they are fighting each other are rushed and end far too quickly. Seriously that last fight between Bane and Batman was maybe two minutes at most. Banes death was awful and his character really deserved a better exit from the film. The entire film was an absolute mess in terms of pacing, but despite easily being the most flawed of Nolan's trilogy it still manages to impress at points. John Blake was a great character and his own personal journey with the parallels to Bruce's was fantastic. All of the performances were just great, most notably Hathaway, Hardy, Bale, and Caine. The ending of the film was good and really classy, I loved the bits with Blake discovering the batcave etc. The Pit was an interesting part of the film and reasonably well done, but it felt extremely out of place. Miranda Tate was an awful character, the film really would have been better off without her. I immense difficulty understanding a good 50% of Banes dialog (so did all of my friends, one of which said he couldn't understand anyof it), the sound mixing for his voice was kind of terrible.

The sound mixing for the entire film was terrible. I initially thought that the theater I was in screwed the pooch, but others have concurred. The difference in Bane's voice between the December prologue and the final film is both drastic and terrible. The audio for Bane's voice is always mixed flat and up front, so whenever he speaks it sounds like a narrator is talking over the scene. The films score is also mixed incredibly poorly, and I found that it drowned out entire lines of dialogue several times. I liked the movie overall, but am surprised it was released with such a shitty audio mix.

ssj4raditz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#56  Edited By ssj4raditz
@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:
"So thats what it feels like"
Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

@DetectiveSpecial said:

@SathingtonWaltz said:

The sound mixing for the entire film was terrible. I initially thought that the theater I was in screwed the pooch, but others have concurred. The difference in Bane's voice between the December prologue and the final film is both drastic and terrible. The audio for Bane's voice is always mixed flat and up front, so whenever he speaks it sounds like a narrator is talking over the scene. The films score is also mixed incredibly poorly, and I found that it drowned out entire lines of dialogue several times. I liked the movie overall, but am surprised it was released with such a shitty audio mix.

Proper sound mixing has always been an inherent flaw in many of Nolan's films. I agree with you though, and this was the first Nolan film that I can actually say was outright bad in terms of sound mixing.

Stete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By Stete

Blake. Hell, he was the damn lead for half of the bloody movie.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59  Edited By BabyChooChoo

I'm a huge sucker for really odd, short, specific shots in TV and movies so I thought that shot at the end with Blake in the Batcave standing on the pedestal was fucking beautiful.

So it's probably a tie between that and the scenes with the beginning. The plane heist, or whatever the hell you want to call it, was brilliant.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By donchipotle

The part where the movie fell apart in the third act and the part where they send all the cops in a sewer because the plot needed a dumb reason to remove order.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Ravenlight

I liked the part at the end where everyone in Gotham will be dead of radiation poisoning/cancer within ten years.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#62  Edited By Phatmac

Bane breaking Batman's back. It's such an iconic moments in the comics and other media. Glad to see it being done in the DKR.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Hamz

I found it to be a good action film but a bad Batman movie, but if I had to pick my favourite scene it would have to be the moment John Blake's real name is revealed at which point all the subtle hints and nods that Nolan gave throughout the film all fit into place.

I really wished they would have changed the Batsuit in this film as well.

churrific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By churrific

Back's broke? Vertebrae sticking out? Let me fix it by punching it back in.

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By stinky

@Hamz said:

I really wished they would have changed the Batsuit in this film as well.

they did change it. the neck for one was made of segmented pieces. big leap from previous.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@Ravenlight said:

I liked the part at the end where everyone in Gotham will be dead of radiation poisoning/cancer within ten years.

It was a (movie) fusion bomb, so presumably there was little to no fallout.

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#67  Edited By yetiantics

There is only one (maybe two) bad Batman movies, and this was not one of them.

Unilad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Unilad

The exchange between Alfred and Wayne (before Alfred departed) Two actors at the top of their game.

Other than that....."I am Gotham's reckoning"

itsjustclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By itsjustclark

Most all of time Alfred is on screen, was a good performance from Michael Caine. Also, glad that catwoman wasn't to bad like everyone was expecting because they were calling the early pics of her bad.

DieselDave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By DieselDave

Even though I totally expected it, a huge grin came across my face when Alfred looked up to see Selena and Bruce at the end. Man, what a great movie!

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#71  Edited By BoG

Looking at Marion Cotillard.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By NTM

@nywt: That's the exact part I was talking about. So yes, I get it. I completely understand what you were talking about.

Zenogiasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#73  Edited By Zenogiasu

"Victory has defeated you."

Great line.

The_Aus_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By The_Aus_Hulk

"Such a lovely lovely voice"

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Tesla

Alfred seeing Bruce at the cafe at the end. The way he almost kinda breaks down but keeps his composure...incredible acting without saying a word.

theveej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By theveej

The plane scene, The Bat, Catwoman, John Blake, Bane the numerous neck snapping, the Bat vs tumbler section and the chaos at the end + the endings were the highlights for me

@CrossTheAtlantic said:

@BraveToaster said:

The first Bane fight was awesome. After reading all the comments so far in this thread, I do have a slightly different perspective than I did yesterday. For instance, the who deal with Batman barely attacking Bane's mask during the first fight. Sure, he didn't know, but Batman seems like the type of fighter who feels around for a weakness. During their last fight, it seems like the mask is hella flimsy; two punches, and Batman manages to open the mask and gain an advantage. Another thing that someone pointed out is that it seemed like Bane came off as this psychotic mastermind, but all of that went down the drain when Talia revealed herself. Also, someone mentioned that they should have shown how Banes followers were so disciplined and so happy to die. Even with these issues, I think the movie was great.

I don't buy the "Bane as lackey" issue people have been throwing around at all. Via the opening scene, his speeches, the way his thugs take orders, his fights, etc, he's clearly shown as this super imposing, intelligent criminal (I think my favorite part of the movie might be when he puts his hand on Daggett's shoulder and says "Do you FEEL in charge?" or whatever). The Talia reveal, to me, implies a partnership where each one contributed part of what the other lacked: Talia the resources and ability to work form the inside and Bane the intelligence/plan and leadership. I think his followers being fanatical League guys is more than enough to explain the thugs willingness to die.

I don't want to seem spammy or anything, but I've been reading stuff over at the AV Club in their Spoiler Space, and there's a lot of intelligent conversation there that's made me actually like the film more after seeing it.

Yep agree with what you said there

I guess coming from a comic background I had way different perspective on some of the issues people were having.

A) batman does change his voice so he doesn't get detected B) while corny if Batman is yelling at me in that voice in a fucking Batsuit while beating the shit out of me I would be scared shitless. C) I saw Bane's motivation, beside the league of shadow and his love for Talia, being his mission to show he was superior than Bruce. With Bruce being groomed in the first movie to be the "son" and then betraying that ideal, while he, being the protector of Talia, was exiled from the league. Now he was trying to prove that he is the legitimate "son" (Personally I think if they should have showed a bit more of a scorn love between Talia and Bruce, then the parallel between bruce and bane as equal "sons"would resonated with the audience more, heck Talia never even called bruce "beloved") D) Talia and Bane were partners, bane was not her lacky (The son and daugther of the League, with Talia following his father's footstep as being the shadowy figure that the outside world would not know about) + as a comic fan Talia n Ra's fucking run shit all the time so for me it wasn't lame. It was obvious that Talia was the shadowy figure as soon as she got control of the company and Bane said Fuck you to the other rich dude. Again, I personally think the Talia and Bane's relationship made Bane a much, much more interesting character. He wasn't necessary this evil phyco like the Joker, he actually cared for Talia and was shown as having redemptive qualities, protecting a small child in a prison full of bad dudes, while his reward was that he got exiled...... This kind of characteristic is a lot closer to the comicbook portrayal of Bane. Plus Talia and Bane's motivation were really in line with that Ra's in the first film

@Hamz: Why did you think it was a bad Batman movie? I'm a huge batman fan and while the Nolan movies are not DC's Batman (rather almost an outworld story where its really Nolan's take on the Batman) I have thoroughly enjoyed how familiar yet new all the plot points and themes in the movies have been. This batman trilogy utilized the key points and themes from Year One, Long Holloween, The Killing Joke, Knightfall, No Man's Land, Dark Knight Returns and a bit from Animated series. Even though the movies are not very Batmanish (relative to DC comics and cartoons), I still think it did the source material more justice than any other batman film. It is a realistic and gripping way to tell the Batman story, if I wanted DC's batman I would watch the many fantastic animated films such as Year One, Phantom Menace (LOLZ i can't believe i said Phantom Menace, guess im doing too much drugs. I obviouslsy meant Mask of the Phantom ... as Catwoman said "oops") and Red Hood; since they do a way better job as portraying DC's Batman than any live action film would ever do.

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#77  Edited By gearhead

The ending.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#78  Edited By TheHBK

The ending man. Jesus Christ. I thought Nolan was gonna really kill him but then to see everything work out. That is the end you want to see for Bruce Wayne, to live out the rest of his life. And with Catwoman no less. And they even give a little Robin in there with the cop taking up the mantle. It really was for me the ending you would want to see instead of all the other comics or cartoons where he lives out his life as Batman until he can't fight anymore and is all alone.

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By mtcantor

The part where Robins real name was Robin.

Oh... right. No. That was awful.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#80  Edited By csl316
@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG
"So thats what it feels like"
That, and Bane fight 1.
dropabombonit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By dropabombonit

For a forum topic about your favorite part of Dark Knight Rises there is a lot of hate going on. Loved everything about the film. My favorite bit was the climb out of the prison, got goosebumps when the main theme came in, fucking awesome

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#82  Edited By dichemstys

Bane's plan to take down Gotham was my favorite part. Incapacitating Batman, doing the same to Gordon, and bombing fucking EVERYTHING.

woolyabyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By woolyabyss

@NTM: My favourite part was at the end in the restaurant in Italy.Brought a tear to my eye ;(

But in all seriousness how the fuck did he survive a nuclear bomb ?????!!!!??

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#84  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@woolyabyss: He didn't. The auto-pilot was fixed in The Bat, and he jumped out as soon as no one was looking. Remember when the bomb scraped up against the ground? I think that's when he switched it to auto-pilot, and the thing took a second to get going.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#85  Edited By MightyDuck

I really enjoyed the peak at "Robin" starting his role. I thought Joseph Gordon Levitt did a pretty good job in that role. The fight with Bane was pretty unique, and I really liked when the Police marched towards Bane's men. It was pretty neat how they all cheered when Batman showed up, and they then had the courage, if you will, to fight on.

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By dillonwerner

"I'm going to break you"

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By intro

Probably when Bane beat the shit out of Batman. After about 10 minutes in I started rooting for Bane because I instantly started to enjoy his character. He was such a badass.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By GunslingerPanda

When Bane was on-screen, and the ending up to "lol he's actually alive guys" which was really "lol get ready for the studio milking the franchise again guys." Before that crap, I was legit getting emo, man. Michael Caine was fucking great.

Fisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Fisco

"I was wondering what would break first...your spirit, or your body." (Breaks Bat and drops the mask down) That part gave me chills and still sticks in my head.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Ramone

The initial reveal of Scarewcrow as the judge was pretty good, I didn't like Bane's death though. It was very unceremonious for such a strong and important character.

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By uniform

Hines Ward running on a collapsing field
Those dudes hanging from the bridge cables
Batman moving towards camera with flashes, like a horror movie

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#92  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

@GunslingerPanda said:

When Bane was on-screen, and the ending up to "lol he's actually alive guys" which was really "lol get ready for the studio milking the franchise again guys." Before that crap, I was legit getting emo, man. Michael Caine was fucking great.

The studio is not going to milk this franchise. And the ending was not an indication that they would. It seemed more like a Christopher Nolan ending than anything.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#93  Edited By dichemstys

I don't think there'll be any more. I hope not. Good tight trilogy.

largo6661

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By largo6661

The stab right at the end! You know the part :)

cojack426

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By cojack426

Bane rocking Batman's shit. Amazing.

LaserJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By LaserJesus

For me, it was the whole part where Bruce was stuck in the Pit. My favorite thing about the movies was the exploration of Batman's psychology and motivations. That's why I enjoy Batman Begins the most. (I'm weird, I know)

jacksmedulla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By jacksmedulla

As most everybody else has said, the first fight between Batman and Bane was my favorite part. The scene was done perfectly; the lack of any music mixed with the (as the op mentions) grunts of "Mr. Wayne" and the packing sound of fist on flesh created an amazing sense of unease. The viewer knows that bane is just toying with batman, and the inevitable conclusion of the fight is absolutely brutal.

*Edit: I forgot to mention Hans Zimmer. He deserves at least a third of the credit for why the Nolan's movies are so good; Bane's theme never ceases to give me goosebumps.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#98  Edited By OllyOxenFree
@PrivateIronTFU said:

@GunslingerPanda said:

The studio is not going to milk this franchise. And the ending was not an indication that they would. It seemed more like a Christopher Nolan ending than anything.

I dunno, dude. Pretty sure Warner Bros. wants to make a Robin trilogy with or without Nolan. They want more of that dosh.
Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Canteu

Deckard Bain.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By NTM

@dropabombonit: Yeahhh, I haven't read all the comments, but I kind of agree. The movie isn't perfect of course, and has some very noticeable flaws, but the problem is that I didn't ask "What did you think of the film?" I asked what your favorite part was. Whatever though. Glad you enjoyed it.