• 91 results
#1 Posted by mercutio123 (454 posts) -

http://www.tested.com/tech/453970-bunch-dads-372013/

I personally thought it was great, but as a 19 year old dude who works with kids from 11+ hearing about having kids as well leads me to believe that children are nothing but trouble from the day they are born and am absolutely terrified.

#2 Posted by wemibelec90 (1286 posts) -

It's on my to-do list, but Giant Bomb has been flooding me with video content lately. I don't have time to watch it all!

#3 Edited by Zero_ (1970 posts) -

Really,really funny podcast. I'm only 22,but enjoyed it a lot. Also..

Vinny: "TELL YOUR MUM TO SUCK A DICK".

#4 Posted by zenmastah (837 posts) -

Was a really good talk, and being raised by a single parent its nice that Vinny acknowledged in the end that its much harder to raise children on your own.

#5 Posted by Winternet (7936 posts) -

Not yet, not yet.

#6 Edited by golguin (3658 posts) -

I'm listening to it right now. Super interesting stuff.

#7 Edited by Demoskinos (13879 posts) -

Best moment: "Tell your mom to suck a dick!"

#8 Posted by Fattony12000 (6359 posts) -

I watched it, you peon.

#9 Edited by mikey87144 (1489 posts) -

Yea. Real enlightening podcast. Might have to save it and put it in a folder and remind myself to listen to it again when my future wife is expecting.

Also hopefully a Mod can move this topic to Off-Topic instead of bug reporting.

#10 Posted by atomic_dumpling (2442 posts) -

Also hopefully a Mod can move this topic to Off-Topic instead of bug reporting.

It kinda fits.

#11 Posted by Lanceuppercut (120 posts) -

I did and being the father of a 6 month old this podcast resonated with me in a VERY large way. When Vinny, Jeff, and Will say you don't even know they mean it. I hope they do more of these, it was funny to hear my thoughts on parenthood coming out of someone else's mouth.

#12 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (2599 posts) -

Great episode one of the very funny and insightful ones I've heard. For those who haven't listened to it yet and you are a big fan of Vinny's thoughts on parenting from the Bombcast just x10 that with not only Vinny, but Dave from GiantBomb, Will Smith from Tested, and Jeff Green from PopCap Games. Must say though this should be changed out of bug-reporting.

#13 Edited by crusader8463 (14321 posts) -

Easily the best podcast I have listened to in a long time. Usually I tune most of it out and just listen to bits and pieces as of late, but I was hanging onto every word because it was all great to hear. I don't have kids nor do I want them, but it's great hearing them talk about their kids and it's funny because they are all at various points in parenting. Plus it has Jeff Green and anything that man is in is great.

#14 Edited by mellotronrules (1170 posts) -

it was good. didn't want kids before. feeling pretty good about that choice.

props to dads- you're bigger men than i.

#15 Posted by JasonR86 (9379 posts) -

I was surprised how much I liked it. Vinny was great and so was Jeff Greene.

#16 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1858 posts) -

I listened to it for a while, and it was enjoyable, if a little terrifying, but after a while I just couldn't take any more baby talk. That stage in my life is just so far away I don't even want to think about it until I have to.

#17 Edited by StarvingGamer (7570 posts) -

It was excellent as I knew it would be. Then again, I'm clearly the target demo for it since I'm a gamer dad with about 8 months on Vinny. I hope they find a way to do this on a semi-regular basis.

#18 Posted by Pr1mus (3520 posts) -

It was pretty great.

#19 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Yep, it was fantastic.

#20 Posted by Nightriff (4352 posts) -

As someone who is going to have a little one in just over a week....I probably should listen to it

#21 Edited by Oscar__Explosion (2157 posts) -

I really hope they do another one soon after Dave has his and with Gary.

#22 Posted by MyNiceIceLife (601 posts) -

Watched it a little bit ago. Great stuff.

#23 Posted by SgtSphynx (943 posts) -

53 minutes into it

#24 Posted by Canteu (2814 posts) -

I watched it AND listened to it!

Do I win?

#25 Edited by csl316 (7366 posts) -

Great stuff. Vinny talking about not believing his dad was a regular dude in his early days was excellent.

#26 Posted by Demoskinos (13879 posts) -

I liked when Jeff Green brought up the point about having a teenage daughter who has "hot" friends. And Will subsequently freaking out about it. That whole segment rode the thin line between creepy and hilarious.

#27 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (2599 posts) -

I liked when Jeff Green brought up the point about having a teenage daughter who has "hot" friends. And Will subsequently freaking out about it. That whole segment rode the thin line between creepy and hilarious.

If it didn't come out of Jeff Green's mouth, then yea that's pretty creepy. Like if Christopher Walken said verbatim for verbatim what Jeff said, now that would be creepy.

#28 Posted by thevigilanteoflove (486 posts) -

Yeah. As soon as I saw it posted I watched the entire thing. It was great.

#29 Posted by paulwade1984 (477 posts) -

I have a kid.

Im listening to this as soon as i get home. My wife finds vinny hilarious

#30 Edited by zoozilla (974 posts) -

Yeah, and it was hilarious.

Between this and Drew's North Korea slideshow, I feel like I'm becoming a better person by listening to the (former) Whiskey Media crew.

#31 Edited by Akyho (1549 posts) -

@zenmastah: Me and my sister were raised by just my dad since my mother is a violent alcoholic and for our safety we had to be removed from her, so it was either child services or my dad goes solo. Solo being the wiser option for all involved. My dad has one leg and hasnt had a job in all my 24 years of life. So i am surprised out of anything that we are ok and he took care of us just fine. My Dads 58 with heavy arthritis so the tables are turning.

He is alsoa cool dad, plays all games on all consoles.

If raising children are as hellish with two well rounded parents how the hell am I here?

#32 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4030 posts) -

I'm watching it now. Its going alright. ~ Vinny is saving it. Will loves talking about diapers, so that's getting toned down this time.

#33 Edited by selfconfessedcynic (2494 posts) -

I'm 24 and this podcast was in no way relevant to me whatsoever.

I LOVED IT! Hopefully they do more.

#34 Edited by chocolaterhinovampire (1287 posts) -

I did. It was fantastic

#35 Posted by Tearhead (2104 posts) -

Best moment: "Tell your mom to suck a dick!"

Yeah, dude. It amazes me how Vinny has the foulest mouth ever, but still so freakin likeable. You can't be mad at the guy 'cus he says the most horrible stuff with the most genuinely innocent attitude towards whatever he just said.

#36 Posted by Subjugation (4693 posts) -

The DadCast was the bestcast. Who better to give you insight into being a father than our favorite video game personalities? Wait ...

But seriously, I thought it had some good information and it was entertaining.

#37 Posted by RPGee (759 posts) -

Probably some of the coolest dads going around, despite claiming that they lose it all with kids. I hope that the kids can eventually grow up and figure out all the awesome shit their dads have done, and actually appreciate it in some way.

#38 Posted by genkobar (41 posts) -

This show was so great! I hope they do another one.

#39 Edited by translucentfish (127 posts) -

Even though they kept repeating their horror stories, after it was over I've never wanted to have a kid of my own more. It was a weird reaction. I want the sleep deprivation, the constant crying, and the diapers.

As a 23 year-old male, it's been hammered in since birth by the media to be adverse to children. I've always thought that was strange, and even more now. I don't think I can ever be content with my life until I have a child.

When a podcast, who's best quote is "Tell your mom to suck a dick", can have this effect on me really says something about these 4 guys.

Thanks Will, Vinny, Jeff, and Dave.

#40 Edited by artofwar420 (6227 posts) -

@translucentfish: you dun got baby crazy, it's okay, it'll pass... when you get that baby

#41 Edited by ThePantheon (676 posts) -

Dadcast was absolutely fascinating. I'm 26, no kids yet, no plans soon but was hanging on every word too. Vinny is the best, Jeff Green is always enterataining, Will wasn't trying too hard and Dave is awesome-Dave so i loved it. I've actually relistened to it about.. 5 or 6 times. It's crazy!
Can't wait for more.

#42 Posted by djou (829 posts) -

I did. I don't have kids myself, but one of the saddest things I notice is that gamers get old, have kids, and as a result stop playing games. I'm all for hearing how adults can balance the two and still be responsible. People need to get away from the stereotype that gamers are fat slobs clicking a K+M in a dark room or a bunch of bros shooting each other in CoD and have some real talk. I hope they continue doing them, I've always been curious about how to introduce a kid to video games responsibly. That story that Jeff Green told about his daughter and WoW was amazing.

#43 Posted by donfonzie (205 posts) -

Going to listen to it right now.

#44 Edited by BBAlpert (1262 posts) -

@zoozilla said:

Between this and Drew's North Korea slideshow, I feel like I'm becoming a better person by listening to the (former) Whiskey Media crew.

Word. Also, Jeff's jar videos where he talks about media ethics and journalistic integrity and all that.

#45 Posted by Scrawnto (2413 posts) -

I happened to listen to it just this morning before work. It was fantastic. I'm at least half a decade from having kids, I think, but I'm glad I got to hear them talk about it. There's some valuable stuff in there.

#46 Posted by mtcantor (922 posts) -

As a guy who will most likely have a kid this time next year, it was a great podcast. Hope they do more.

#47 Posted by chainreaction01 (173 posts) -

For those interested "A Bunch of Dads 2" is up, same crew but now they're all dads!

#48 Posted by Fattony12000 (6359 posts) -

#49 Posted by TooWalrus (12978 posts) -
#50 Posted by pyromagnestir (3965 posts) -

Fuck yeah! New dadcast! I'm not a dad, and I'm not sure I'll ever be a dad, but still this dadcast thing is fucking amazing!