• 92 results
#1 Posted by BisonHero (6446 posts) -

http://twitter.com/#!/BisonHero

Seriously, 2 tweets from a year ago, and barely following anyone? What a fucker.

I looked around, and I don't think Twitter will shut down inactive accounts, right? Any other suggestions to somehow free up that username?

Alternately, how do you guys deal with it when you go to sign up on a site and somebody has your preferred username? Any clever suggestions to slightly alter my username? I refuse to use BisonHero1 or BisonHero2012 or anything of the sort, because I'm not twelve years old.

#2 Edited by believer258 (11800 posts) -

TheRealBisonHero(FuckThatOtherAsshole)

(preferably with copious amounts of "xXx")

#3 Posted by Phatmac (5725 posts) -

Move on like a regular human being?

#4 Posted by Animasta (14673 posts) -

buffalohero? alternatively use a umlauted o

#5 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

@believer258 said:

This, verbatim.

#6 Posted by BisonHero (6446 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@believer258 said:

This, verbatim.

I like where you guys are going with this.

#7 Posted by MAGZine (437 posts) -

@BisonHero: My usename was taken on youtube, so I go by 'itsmemagzine' there.

#8 Posted by AndrewBeardsley (371 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

god damn it...i was going to say this

#9 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

Send him/her spam mail!

#10 Posted by stinky (1544 posts) -

"because I'm not twelve years old"

looks at topic title again, scratches head.

#11 Posted by EuanDewar (4893 posts) -

Like, I dunno. Use your real name?

#12 Posted by Kidavenger (3532 posts) -

@BisonHero: he has a different name on his profile Suyi Hou, make an account under that name and then start tweeting his friends with it and get them to ask him if he'd like to trade accounts with you.

#13 Posted by Jaytow (693 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

#14 Posted by huntad (1931 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

Yeah...I thought he said he wasn't twelve years old.

#15 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@BisonHero said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@believer258 said:

This, verbatim.

Yes, TheRealBisonHero would be great.

#16 Posted by TobbRobb (4603 posts) -

Yeah, I just add "the" to the name. Like "TheTobbRobb".

Though I've only had to do that once, because I stole the name, from myself.

TheBisonHero sounds alright I think.

#17 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -

@Napalm said:

@BisonHero said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@believer258 said:

This, verbatim.

Yes, TheRealBisonHero would be great.

And xXxTheRealBisonHeroxXx is even better!!!

#18 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -

@BisonHero said:

Seriously, 2 tweets from a year ago, and barely following anyone? What a fucker.

I looked around, and I don't think Twitter will shut down inactive accounts, right? Any other suggestions to somehow free up that username?

Alternately, how do you guys deal with it when you go to sign up on a site and somebody has your preferred username? Any clever suggestions to slightly alter my username? I refuse to use BisonHero1 or BisonHero2012 or anything of the sort, because I'm not twelve years old.

Maybe he never disabled emails to indicate new followers. You could devise some plan to give him a sudden burst of followers and ruin the guys day.... Seems kinda mean though =o

#19 Posted by alternate (2696 posts) -

If even GB have to use TheRealGiantbomb on youtube, I think you can learn to live with it.

#20 Posted by JackSukeru (5910 posts) -

How old are you then?

Also, m/f?

Also, where do you live?

Also, what are you wearing?

#21 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

I'm BisonHero.

Dont be a dick, brah. Ive just been in space

#22 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -

Creeper status: Engaged

He isn't following anyone famous? No wonder he stopped using twitter. He completely missed the point of why it is interesting!

#23 Edited by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

Kill his family, cut them up, and mail them to him, 140 pieces at a time.

#24 Posted by Deusx (1903 posts) -

Oh man that must be a real bummer. How else are you going to differentiate from people on the internet? Your life must really suck.

#25 Posted by Ubersmake (754 posts) -

SSJBisonHero420.

#26 Posted by PaulRevere (207 posts) -

He's from Fargo, ND. It would take years to get a message to him. Just give up.

#27 Posted by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

Tell the police he touched your private parts?

By private parts I obviously mean your mouse, keyboard and headset.

#28 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Also, I find your handle will be stolen quite often on the internet by somebody who isn't using it anymore. I was just trying to change up my portfolio address, but somebody who clearly aren't using the names anymore, have already taken them.

#29 Posted by SeanFoster (866 posts) -

I swear half the accounts on Twitter feature 2 or 3 tweets one of which is the person talking about how they just started tweeting.

#30 Posted by Xeiphyer (5602 posts) -

That's why I locked down my name a while ago, though I created my username from nothingness, so its never taken. Its so liberating to know your name is always available.

Also, I made a second twitter account with my real name, so when I get famous, I can use that.

#31 Posted by Lukeweizer (2654 posts) -

Make a pointless thread about it?

#32 Posted by Daiphyer (1333 posts) -

@FuckThatOtherBisonHero

There you go.

#33 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4894 posts) -

Quit whining over a username.

#34 Posted by gelatinabomination (184 posts) -

Step 1: Send him threatening letters.

Step 2: Spread nasty rumors about him to all of his friends.

Step 3: Set fire to his dog. If he doesn't have a dog, buy him one, THEN set fire to it.

Step 4: Carve your demands (in this case, use of his twitter handle) onto his chest.

(optional) Step 5: If he doesn't give it up, drug him, remove his heart, hook him up to one of those old-school artificial hearts that has to be plugged into the wall, and hold his real heart ransom. I have found that this works shockingly well.

#35 Posted by Winternet (8014 posts) -

@NotBisonHero

#36 Posted by MayorFeedback (674 posts) -

@seanfoster said:

I swear half the accounts on Twitter feature 2 or 3 tweets one of which is the person talking about how they just started tweeting.

The study I remember is a couple years old now, but the stats were that, yes, the vast majority of Twitter users posted once or twice and then never came back. Not sure if it's still the case, but probably not far off. They said like 10% of Twitter's users make up 90% of its tweets.

#37 Posted by Vinny_Says (5700 posts) -

What you need to do is add you birth year at the end....this is how you know itz legit

#38 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@BisonHero said:

Ask twitter nicely to remove the name and give it to you? 
#39 Posted by Dagbiker (6970 posts) -

@BisonHero said:

Yet you are acting like a 12 year old, weird.

#40 Edited by DonutFever (3551 posts) -

I'm your man. 
#41 Posted by Hunkulese (2699 posts) -

Nobody cares what you have to say so your twitter name is irrelevant.

#42 Posted by BisonHero (6446 posts) -

This thread seems sharply divided between people who have no sense of humour, and awesome people who came up with some pretty good goofs. You know who you are.

#44 Edited by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

You just need variants on your username. Mine's MideonNViscera, but I generally try for just Mideon first. I can also be MideonV. On Yahoo Messenger (haha why did I ever have that?) I had to be MideonNV. Of course it's easier with mine because it's all derived from my EQ character, Mideon N'Viscera. That's my suggestion though, because you'll probably have this issue again sometime.

#45 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -

I've only had the problem of making an account and forgetting the password, after which had to make a new account.

#46 Posted by jozzy (2042 posts) -

@MayorFeedback said:

@seanfoster said:

The study I remember is a couple years old now, but the stats were that, yes, the vast majority of Twitter users posted once or twice and then never came back. Not sure if it's still the case, but probably not far off. They said like 10% of Twitter's users make up 90% of its tweets.

I reckon if you narrow it down to you get two dudes making up 80% of the tweets.

#47 Edited by Bollard (5440 posts) -
#48 Posted by Harkat (1102 posts) -

Just make your name "I B1SoNhEro I "

#49 Posted by damswedon (3185 posts) -

If this were on Yahoo Answers I'd send it in to MBMBAM.

#50 Edited by efman (208 posts) -

It's too bad it's already taken and that the guy doesn't even use it. If he doesn't buck, consider BisonHer0. Really, an ever so-slightly more elongated "o" is no different in this context. And of course, make sure you're the real deal.