• 86 results
#1 Posted by LD50 (415 posts) -

I just saw this on another popular forum. It's about an hour old. I bet this clown is in Gitmo by sundown.

This has to be illegal right? If not completely stupid, then the dude must be mentally ill.

Here's the link to the Twitter account:

http://twitter.com/i/#!/search/realtime/smoowe_ted

I'm not trying to cause any hysteria, I'd like to state I think it's a hoax.

If you were a judge in this guys case, what punishment would you hand down?

#2 Edited by Djnuttty (138 posts) -

I'd shove multiple packages up his ass. On a related note, there is a bomb in iraq.

#3 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

It's completely illegal. We're talking going away forever illegal. That's what you get for being a pretend-terrorist fuckwit.

#4 Posted by N7 (3588 posts) -

I'd say he's better off Ted.

#5 Posted by Demoskinos (14830 posts) -

Well, I hope he likes prison because that is where he is headed. =\

#6 Posted by LD50 (415 posts) -

I think Ted has a waterboard in his future.

#7 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

In 2012... someone, in presumably sound mind and with enough mental faculty to use Twitter... posts a bomb threat.

In New York.

Dude is going down for hella time.

#8 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

There's a giant bomb in my computer

#9 Edited by runnah555 (148 posts) -

@N7 said:

Well that is one way to meet his kid's mother.

#10 Posted by ShaggE (6453 posts) -

@N7 said:

Awww, now I miss that show again...

#11 Posted by awesomeusername (4185 posts) -

Well, at least I'm not in the city.

@SomeDeliCook said:

There's a giant bomb in my computer

#12 Posted by believer258 (11907 posts) -

If there is a bomb and he didn't plant it, and can prove that he didn't plant it and that he didn't have anything to do with it, then he'll be fine.

If there isn't a bomb then he's fucked for life. If there is a bomb and he had something to do with it, then he's also fucked for life.

#13 Posted by Brunchies (2484 posts) -

He's a stupid troll, he'll get arrested for threats and you all will forget about it in a day or two, its not really a big deal.

#14 Posted by heat (190 posts) -

ITT people over react

#15 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

OH SHIT 2012 ITS HAPPENING #YOLO

#16 Posted by LD50 (415 posts) -

@Brunchies said:

He's a stupid troll, he'll get arrested for threats and you all will forget about it in a day or two, its not really a big deal.

I'm not exactly about to jump out of a window, I just thought it might warrant a single thread on the forum.

#17 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -
@heat

ITT people over react

Yeah a bomb thread in New York City will totes blow over with no consequences.
#18 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

What is ecb and eurusd?

#19 Posted by FourWude (2261 posts) -

Yo, I heard that recently some dude got shot in New York. This is totally news to me.

#20 Posted by LD50 (415 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse said:

What is ecb and eurusd?

eurusd is a reference to the euro and the US dollar I think. ecb = european central bank?

#21 Posted by CrossTheAtlantic (1145 posts) -

I'm not even sure what he means. "Outside new york city." Like it's in Jersey City? Or Somewhere outside in New York City? So in like a park or street?

Wuet?

#22 Posted by Damian (1538 posts) -

@awesomeusername said:

But wouldn't that be the safest place to be seeing as New York is the only place we know the bomb isn't?

#23 Posted by Coafi (1488 posts) -

@Damian said:

@awesomeusername said:

But wouldn't that be the safest place to be seeing as New York is the only place we know the bomb isn't?

I don't even live in the United States, am I safe?

#24 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

It's probably some kid thinking he's being smart.

And totally underestimating how much trouble he'll get in for this.

#25 Posted by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

Maybe I'm just a cynical bastard, but I would've expected dumb tweets like this to be posted all the time. Why is this jackass with exactly 1 follower getting all this attention?

#26 Posted by Brodehouse (9949 posts) -

And that's when the CHUDs came at me.

#27 Posted by Mcfart (1624 posts) -

Once the Department of Homeland Security gets to him......he'll a prison bitch for the rest of his life.

#28 Posted by EpicSteve (6487 posts) -

So you spread dumb shit like this to other forums? Way to be part of the domino effect.

#29 Posted by Random45 (1209 posts) -

@PillClinton said:

Maybe I'm just a cynical bastard, but I would've expected dumb tweets like this to be posted all the time. Why is this jackass with exactly 1 follower getting all this attention?

It's fun to watch people ruin their lives intentionally.

#30 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -
@EpicSteve said:

So you spread dumb shit like this to other forums? Way to be part of the domino effect.

This. Come on people. There's no value in this.
#31 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4605 posts) -

@CrossTheAtlantic said:

I'm not even sure what he means. "Outside new york city." Like it's in Jersey City? Or Somewhere outside in New York City? So in like a park or street?

Wuet?

THERE IS A BOMB LOCATED IN NOT THIS LOCATION. ACTUALLY SEVERAL LOCATIONS THAT ARE NOT THIS LOCATION. BEWARE.

Like, it literally could be anywhere. Technically speaking, his 'warning' means absolutely nothing.

#32 Posted by Brunchies (2484 posts) -

@LD50 said:

@Brunchies said:

I'm not exactly about to jump out of a window, I just thought it might warrant a single thread on the forum.

Fair enough, if a 4chan post can make a school shut down for a day then this is warranted a thread, again nothing will likely come out of it.

#33 Posted by jerseyscum (875 posts) -

The party van shows up at this douche's house in.....3......2.....1.....

#34 Posted by Scrawnto (2446 posts) -

@MarkWahlberg said:

@CrossTheAtlantic said:

Wuet?

THERE IS A BOMB LOCATED IN NOT THIS LOCATION. ACTUALLY SEVERAL LOCATIONS THAT ARE NOT THIS LOCATION. BEWARE.

Like, it literally could be anywhere. Technically speaking, his 'warning' means absolutely nothing.

Indeed. There are tons of bombs outside NYC. Many of them are in the possession of the US government. It would even be accurate to say that there are Pakistani nukes outside of NYC.

Now, if he means outdoors in NYC, that's another matter entirely.

#35 Posted by ajamafalous (11994 posts) -

In a related noted, there was a bomb threat from someone claiming to be from al-Qaeda at my college last Friday, as well as like two other colleges, and then another one at another college on Monday. Ours ended up evacuating and all classes were cancelled.

#36 Posted by FourWude (2261 posts) -

This thread reminds me why the War on Terror has been a farcical failure. If one imbecile, posting a nonsense statement on a largely anonymous site, backed with zero credibility can cause this much panic and consternation, then I'm sorry but you'll be living the rest of your lives in fear. Pretty soon you'll be begging for a total security state. People need to wisen up and not let fear rule them.

#37 Posted by SSully (4186 posts) -

@Coafi said:

@Damian said:

@awesomeusername said:

No

#38 Posted by darkvare (766 posts) -

man i hope they let him use twitter in prison i can imagine "my cellmate beating me up #thingsihateaboutlife"

#39 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5827 posts) -

There was a bomb threat at UT Austin and some other university last week too. 

must be a new fad or something

#40 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

@EpicSteve said:

#41 Edited by Franstone (1121 posts) -

Wtf does that even mean?

"There is A bomb" - Insinuating a single device...

"It's in a car"

"There are multiple packages?" - Wait you said "A bomb." What do I care about other packages you may have, possibly from Amazon or UPS/Fedex? I'd say the bomb is the important part.

"In multiple locations" - ?? That is one fucked up car... How can said car be in multiple locations??

heheh

This blow will be arrested REAL quick.

Hopefully we see him getting thrown in the clink on the evening news.

Edit: The punishmet? An entire hot wire coat-hanger up the pee hole?

Followed by being tied up at the Twin Towers memorial and letting any who'd like to hand out a 5 minute beating.

Followed by 10 years in prison if it's a fake.

Life in prison if it's for real, no chance for parole.

#42 Posted by Jimbo (9810 posts) -

To be fair, there probably is a bomb in a car somewhere outside of NYC.

#43 Edited by jerseyscum (875 posts) -

@Franstone said:

Wtf does that even mean?

"There is A bomb" - Insinuating a single device...

"It's in a car"

"There are multiple packages?" - Wait you said "A bomb." What do I care about other packages you may have, possibly from Amazon or UPS/Fedex? I'd say the bomb is the important part.

"In multiple locations" - ?? That is one fucked up car... How can said car be in multiple locations??

heheh

This blow will be arrested REAL quick.

Hopefully we see him getting thrown in the clink on the evening news.

No kidding. The NYPD (and the Tri-State area in general) don't play around when it comes to bomb threats. To use a fucking computer to do it is stupidity on a massive scale.

#44 Edited by LD50 (415 posts) -

@EpicSteve said:

Thanks for your feedback.

However, in your post, I was unable to locate an answer to the question I asked in the OP regarding punishment for people that make bomb threats.

Whatever, I thought bomb threats on twitter were rare. I thought this was interesting and I thought I might share it on the forums.

Anyway, I've got another thread I have to get back to so I can tell this guy how absurdly awesome this thing he made from Lego is.

Good day Sir.

#45 Posted by DarthOrange (3864 posts) -

They released a photo of the ass-wipe making these threats!

#46 Edited by Franstone (1121 posts) -

@LD50 said:

@EpicSteve said:

However, in your post, I was unable to locate an answer to the question I asked in the OP regarding punishment for people that make bomb threats.

Whatever, I thought bomb threats on twitter were rare. I thought this was interesting and I thought I might share it on the forums.

Anyway, I've got another thread I have to get back to so I can tell this guy how absurdly awesome this thing he made from Lego is.

Good day Sir.

I wouldn't let the Epicness bother you.

This is way more valid of a thread than a lot of other horse-shit out there.

It's actual real news that we'll probably see on TV today if it gains enough attention from OTHER media.

I'm sure this d-bags (the tard that made the threat) intent was not to create mass hysteria on the Giant Bomb forum only.

#47 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -

BEHOLD THE POWER OF SOCIAL MEDIA!!!!!!!!

#48 Edited by LD50 (415 posts) -

@Franstone said:

@LD50 said:

@EpicSteve said:

Good day Sir.

I wouldn't let the Epicness bother you.

This is way more valid of a thread than a lot of other horse-shit out there.

It's actual real news that we'll probably see on TV today if it gains enough attention from OTHER media.

I'm sure this d-bags intent was not to create mass hysteria on the Giant Bomb forum only.

Thanks for the words of encouragement!

#49 Posted by Milkman (16791 posts) -
@Coafi said:

@Damian said:

@awesomeusername said:

Who knows? The bomb could be...RIGHT BEHIND YOU!
#50 Edited by Franstone (1121 posts) -

@LD50: Blah! No dude, we are on the same side, the "d-bag" I was referring to is the bomb threat fuckface.

Edit: Edited my post to make that more clear...