Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Snipzor
Kombat said:
lilburtonboy7489 said: Where I live, they are passing a statewide smoking ban.  Good.
Great, now I won't have the sudden urge to vomit when a smoker walks by with a cigg in hand. I agree with this passing.
Avatar image for lilburtonboy7489
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By lilburtonboy7489

Not good. If you own a bar, you can't allow people to smoke in it. 

Avatar image for digyourowngrave
Digyourowngrave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Digyourowngrave

Wow....Police are some smart people  ._.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Snipzor

Considering many many people need to kick an addiction, this will help, and yes many people want to kick the addiction but can't as the addiction has caused some sort of tolerance in which their quantities much increase and their withdrawal sessions are much more intense.

So this is a good thing. Plus why would bar owners want people to smoke in their establishment? It makes the good beer (Also known as European beer) as good as the crappy beer (American beer).

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By natetodamax

About the first one, one of the quotes was "We need to stop the use of tazers." Are you kidding me? Tazers can save lives. You need to learn how to raise a kid that first of all isn't an anorexic 110 pounds, and secondly, doesn't run away like an idiot.

mikevanpwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By mikevanpwn
Snipzor said:
Considering many many people need to kick an addiction, this will help, and yes many people want to kick the ... [more]
Its private property, I don't think the government should be able to pass this sort of law.  It should be up to the owner of the property to decide whether they should allow smoking or not.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Snipzor
@natetodamax: I disagree. Tazer usage is insanely dangerous as many of those tazers that come out of manufacturing don't have the regulation voltage but instead have the deadly amount. Plus the odds of having some jackass overzealous cop tazering some poor guy a dozen times in a short period of time is insanely high.
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
Snipzor said:
Considering many many people need to kick an addiction, this will help, and yes many people want to kick the ... [more]
People don't need to kick the addiction if they don't want to. You shouldn't force people to be healthy. Besides, more people die from heart problems due to obesity then they due from smoking. And it isn't like you are a slave to your addiction, I would know since I smoke. If you want, you can stop. 

And...Um...because they are bars. That's what people do in bars. They come to drink, smoke, and watch sports. They don't go to bars to be healthy, but for a good time. 

But all of this is irrelevant, If you own a business, you should be able to allow smoking. It's a huge violation of liberties. And you also own your body, so you should be able to smoke if you want. 
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By natetodamax

What are you accomplishing by smoking?

lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
Voxel said:
About the first one, one of the quotes was "We need to stop the use of tazers." Are you kidding ... [more]
You serious right now? Tasers kill people all the time. They aren;t being used to save lives, they are used as a legal form of torture...oh..sorry..enhanced interogation. The kid didn't need to be tasered. He was no threat, and lethal force is not necessary. And yes, tasers are lethal. 

And yea, he is an idiot, but if you were black in Detroit you would run from cops too. And besides, is running from a cop punishable by death? 
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Snipzor
mikevanpwn said:
Snipzor said: Considering many many people need to kick an addiction, this will help, and yes many people want to ... [more]
Well owners of property shouldn't smoke inside, they shouldn't because prolonged indoor smoking will lower property value significantly (Ever hear of smoke damage? Some stains and smells never go back to normal). In the long run, it will help kick addictions, and make the surrounding just a bit more bearable. Now all we have to do is get rid of those puke stains from the binge drinking.

Also, when it comes to something that has proven to have significant health risk (100% risk), we should deal with it the same way we deal with other drugs of that nature.
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
Snipzor said:
mikevanpwn said: Snipzor said: Considering many many people need to kick an addiction, this will help, and yes many people ... [more]
First of all, are you being sarcastic? If you are, I will delete the bottom part of this post. 

So we should make laws with what people should do regarding the property value of houses? Should there be a law against painting your house lime green which lowers the value of your house? If you OWN your property, you should do whatever you want with it. You have no right to tell someone what they should do with their property. You can tell them, but you shouldn't be able to enforce fucking laws against them. 

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#15  Edited By the8bitNacho
lilburtonboy7489 said:
Not good. If you own a bar, you can't allow people to smoke in it.
Is this the only argument anyone has on this topic?
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
Voxel said:
What are you accomplishing by smoking?
1) That's irrelevant. The purpose of laws is not to outlaw activities that aren't accomplishing other people's goals.

2) People do it for pleasure. What do you accomplish by posting on giantbomb? How about eating fast food? Playing games? I think it's fucking worthless to play games. It accomplishes nothing. Let's make it illegal. 
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Snipzor
lilburtonboy7489 said:
Snipzor said: Considering many many people need to kick an addiction, this will help, and yes many people want to ... [more]
Believe me, people want to kick the addiction. They will bend down over for the whims of the addiction, but just like the heroin addicts, they realize they should quit. But can't as there is a massive connection to the drug that completely kills their free will. I've seen it happen with heroin, and it is quite disgusting.

But what you are arguing is that it is "a huge violation of liberties", but what about the people in that same room who don't want there to be disgusting smoke in the air? What about their rights? Go to another bar you say, bullpucky, why should they leave for people who are making it hard for them? Smoking is an option, and a very idiotic one at that.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Snipzor
lilburtonboy7489 said:
Snipzor said: mikevanpwn said: Snipzor said: Considering many many people need to kick an addiction, this will help, and yes ... [more]
The proper term is "Facetious"
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#19  Edited By AgentJ
lilburtonboy7489 said:
Here's a few stories to put you in a good mood:A 110 lbs., 16 year old is tasered and killed ... [more]
Uh, Burton, I live in washington, and I am far from "drowning" in taxes. We dont even have an income tax, so, yeah
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
Snipzor said:
lilburtonboy7489 said: Snipzor said: Considering many many people need to kick an addiction, this will help, and yes many people ... [more]
That's not true. Heroin and cigarettes are not even comparable. I smoke, but I don't want to quit. When I go to the Bahamas in a month, I won't smoke for over a week and I'll be fine. That's not the same as heroin. 

If you don't want to be in a bar with smoke in it, then don't go in the bar. I thought that is kind of common sense. They have all the rights of anyone else. You can go in there, or you can choose not to. No violation of rights. But with the ban, the government is taking away the right to run a business the way you want. 

So yes, that's what they should do. Go to another bar that does not allow smoking. They exist. They should have to leave, because they don;t own the business. And smoking may be idiotic, but that's just your opinion. And being idiotic should not be illegal. 
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
AgentJ said:
lilburtonboy7489 said: Here's a few stories to put you in a good mood:A 110 lbs., 16 year old is tasered ... [more]
You don't pay an income tax? Sorry, but everyone has to pay the income tax...unless you're a tax evader.
Kr3lian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kr3lian

Good lord dude, you're still trying to gain converts on Giantbomb?  College kids ::sigh::

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By TheGreatGuero

A statewide smoking ban? That's good!
The police taking out anger on stuffed animals? That's good!
Being being arrested for doing illegal drugs like marijuana? That's good!
Now it's totally cool to shoot people? That's bad.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AgentJ
lilburtonboy7489 said:
AgentJ said: lilburtonboy7489 said: Here's a few stories to put you in a good mood:A 110 lbs., 16 year old ... [more]
No, we dont pay an income tax in Washington. Thats the law here
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By lilburtonboy7489

I'm also referring to general income tax, including federal...which you pay. 

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AgentJ

right, but we have no state income tax. So really we aren't being "drowned" in taxes

lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By lilburtonboy7489

Not as much as some people, but you still are. If you are working, you are probably paying at least 35% in taxes. You pay sales tax, income tax, SS tax, pay into medicare, property tax, and so on. 

My point was that certain groups are getting tax breaks over other people. 
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AgentJ

Look, dont talk about me as if you know my situation better than I do, and stop exaggerating the facts to fit your agenda. It gets old. 

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Agent Soulja Boy, Tell 'Em!

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#30  Edited By Sooperspy

What 16 year old is 110 pounds!?!?!?!? Was he 2ft tall or something

lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
AgentJ said:
Look, dont talk about me as if you know my situation better than I do, and stop exaggerating the facts ... [more]
Ha, what? Apparently I DO know your situation better. Well I know the situation of a middleclass worker that doesn't live with his parents. 

You don't fit that description do you? 

I'm not exagerating the facts. Here are some taxes: Federal income, state income, capital gains, inheritance, corporate, property, sales, and there's more. That isn't an exageration. But you have probably never worked 50 hours in a factory and gotten anally raped by taxes. 
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By Gunner

"Police and media accounts of the death have raised the question of why Mitchell, who was black, fled police."

i think they answered their own question..

lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By lilburtonboy7489

yea no shit. 

um...black kid in detroit getting stopped by a cop. he didn't stand a chance. 
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#34  Edited By Black_Rose
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AgentJ
lilburtonboy7489 said:
AgentJ said: Look, dont talk about me as if you know my situation better than I do, and stop exaggerating ... [more]
My last job was a 40 hour week, but even then I had more than enough money to both pay for my expenses and my taxes
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ninjakiller

The smoking ban is a good thing.  The employees shouldn't be exposed to poison just to earn a buck.  Zero fucking sympathy for smokers at this point, people who still smoke in this day and age and develop cancer/emphysema/heart disease later in life shouldn't get treatment.  Fuckers are just driving up health insurance costs because of their selfishness.  Let's hear it smokers..why should everyone else foot the bills in health insurance for your stupidity?

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#37  Edited By Claude
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
Black_Rose said:
lilburtonboy7489 said: "Some guy thinks he debunked the Bible." Good read, but this is hardly news, the bible has been ... [more]
ha...um..no
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
Claude said:
lilburtonboy7489 said: Where I live, they are passing a statewide smoking ban.  Yeah, here too. Takes away ownership and freewill, ... [more]
that's not your opinion, it's fact. It takes away ownership of property. 
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Black_Rose
lilburtonboy7489 said:
Black_Rose said: lilburtonboy7489 said: "Some guy thinks he debunked the Bible." Good read, but this is hardly news, the bible ... [more]
Eh...yes
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#41  Edited By Claude
lilburtonboy7489 said:
Claude said: lilburtonboy7489 said: Where I live, they are passing a statewide smoking ban.  Yeah, here too. Takes away ownership ... [more]
I guess I need to be welcomed to the new way of life. A life of being owned instead of owning, being told instead of choosing. Yeah... I'm depressed... think I'll play a game. Who knows how long I can do that.
kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By kashif1
lilburtonboy7489 said:
Black_Rose said: lilburtonboy7489 said: "Some guy thinks he debunked the Bible." Good read, but this is hardly news, the bible ... [more]
yeah, outside of the original gospels most of the new testament has been forged by people 100s of years after Jesus's death.  Even the gospels are self contradicting and were written well after the fact
Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Aurelito

Great I can have my name in the news by debunking Bible.

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By kashif1
lilburtonboy7489 said:
Here's a few stories to put you in a good mood:A 110 lbs., 16 year old is tasered and killed ... [more]
this is the one that annoys me the most
Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Keyser_Soze

Just more piggy police and more state powers and control over you. Most of those stories don't surprise me, they're every day occurrences nowadays.

You're also preaching to a people who are getting robbed blind and they don't particularly care. So don't expect too much positive support.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By toowalrus
Kombat said:
lilburtonboy7489 said: Where I live, they are passing a statewide smoking ban.  Good.
Not good, bar owners should allow they're customers to smoke. It should be the owners choice. Non-smokers should attend the non-smoking bars, and smokers should be able to attend the smoking bars.
Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Keyser_Soze

To those of you who think your taxes are OK, right now, don't worry your taxes will be increased in a short while to cover a shortfall in tax receipts as unemployment skyrockets. YOU WILL BE TAXED HIGHER IN THE COMING YEARS, OF THE GOVERNMENT WILL GO BANKRUPT.

And just to add further credibility to the TC's post, the banks and financial institutions have been lying to create a "false rally" these last two months, aided and abetted by many in the news media and economists who all want the charade to continue. Many of the financial institutions are in a far worse shape than they're making themselves out to be, some are "dead men walking" insolvent.

http://prudentbear.com/index.php/featuredcommentaryview?art_id=10223

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#48  Edited By the8bitNacho
TooWalrus said:
Kombat said: lilburtonboy7489 said: Where I live, they are passing a statewide smoking ban.  Good. Not good, bar owners should ... [more]
Again, as I've said earlier in the thread, this seems to be the only argument anyone has concerning this topic and I'm tired of hearing it.  A harmful substance like tobacco should be just as illegal as murder as far as I'm concerned.  I couldn't give a rat's ass about bar owners.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Black_Rose
kashif1 said:
lilburtonboy7489 said: Black_Rose said: lilburtonboy7489 said: "Some guy thinks he debunked the Bible." Good read, but this is hardly news, ... [more]
Not to mention that they were selected by Constantine to fit his needs.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Voxel said:
About the first one, one of the quotes was "We need to stop the use of tazers." Are you kidding ... [more]
It said the kid was learning disabled and his mind was at about a 10 year old, he was probably just frightened by the police.