Some HBO Shows Coming To Amazon Prime Instant Video

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

I wonder if this is to hopefully appease some of those people who grumbling about the price hike a few weeks back. I know if I couldn't get Prime at the student price rate I'd probably have cut ties with it some time ago.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By TheHT

wowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowow

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Soooooooooo awesome

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By e30bmw

I guess I have no excuse for not watching The Wire and The Sopranos now.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

This is a good thing, though I've somehow managed to see most of the HBO shows I want to (mostly legally) despite never having HBO until now. I understand the marketing behind this move and it seems like a solid decision for all parties.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems HBO is not willing to share their best shows. A shame

MasterBrief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 2

Of course they wouldn't put their best stuff on there but I am just stunned that they have not branched out toward something like a netflix model. They have that pointless HBO GO, use that and have people that don't want/can't get cable be able to watch your show. I would pay the 20-30 bucks if they gave me access to all their shows, don't even need the movie stuff they do on their channel. I think that would bring in a lot of cash for them but I guess that would mess with their viewership wouldn't it?

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got the 30 day trial for Prime just before they announced this, because I wanted to rewatch the first season of Orphan Black, but then I discovered that they have the full first (and only!) season of MOTHERFUCKING RUBICON. So yeah, Everyone. Get on that shit.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#11  Edited By Yummylee

Given that we in the UK only got Amazon Prime Instant Video in February of this year, I wonder if we'll also hafta wait another so many years before this deal takes into effect over here...

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marcsman: I would absolutely argue that Sopranos is among the best stuff they have. The Wire straight up IS the best show they have. No True Detective is a bummer, but those two alone are great.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Well here I was hoping it would be Game of Thrones so I could watch it like a civilized person.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_stay_puft said:

I wonder if this is to hopefully appease some of those people who grumbling about the price hike a few weeks back. I know if I couldn't get Prime at the student price rate I'd probably have cut ties with it some time ago.

I was thinking the same thing! This seems to justify the $20 price increase to me.

It breaks down to be a pretty damn good deal when you consider everything you get. If you break it down, you're paying about the same for Prime as you would be for Netflix. It only stings a little more because you're paying up front instead of a small monthly charge.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I was so happy to hear about this. I can finally watch Deadwood, The Sopranos and The Wire. It's too bad about some of the shows not coming, but I'll take what I can get. It's kind of hard to believe this is even happening.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By jay_ray

So Amazon how about you make all the great Prime features to places outside USA

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NTM

I watched all the Star Trek's, that's all I watched, and probably will watch in terms of TV shows on there. I love watching movies on it though, as long as it's in HD quality. It's pretty sweet how films come out a week or two before they actually get into retail. A lot of good deals really.

Eidderf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee: Most HBO shows are on sky's demand service, at least GoT, The Wire, Broadwalk Empire and True Detective are (though they take them down and then put them back up quite randomly so it's not that ideal of a situation) so I'm guessing this deal doesn't extend to the UK.