Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

Edited By Tylea002

So, I listen to music

And I've listened to alot this week. And thus, I feel I need to present to you a song that you owe it to yourself to check out. I know this will get a negative response due to the internet to base how good music is in what genre it is, but I feel this song is amazing. Without further ado, the song, then my reasons.

Ok. Ignore the montage of shitty images, its just the song I bring before you today. Anyway, in my personal opinion it could very well be on my top 10 list of songs of all time, and my taste ranges from pop-punk to death metal. First off, the intro is easily sing-along-able, with an epic build up at the end which, when I went to see them, made everyone shit themeselves with awesomeness.

Then, when it breaks into the song, the guitars feel just right, the speed is just right, and the lyrics are awesome, not to "emo" not too "moany" but taking the form of a rally cry, they are perfect to have an entire crowd to sing along to, and personally, every time this song comes up, I'm not ashamed to say I normally get out of my chair and have a one man mosh pit. Eventually the song breaks, and gets into an even more epic build up, which, again, was amazing live. Eventually this epic slow cry combines with the chorus to make an amazing ending, with an awesome drum roll in the background the ending of the rest of the song.

This is how you write epic songs, and no matter your opinion on the connotations of the band, I'd like you to give it one more chance and see for yourself how epic music is done.

In Other News...

• I'm writing my own songs. One of them is 8 minutes and 32 seconds long and is full of power chords. You may guess I like Green Day. You would be right.
  • If you want me to post any of my own songs, just ask me to, and I'll try to record vocals over the RSE versions.
  • Prototype soldiers need to know the meaning of Common Enemy.
Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Tylea002

So, I listen to music

And I've listened to alot this week. And thus, I feel I need to present to you a song that you owe it to yourself to check out. I know this will get a negative response due to the internet to base how good music is in what genre it is, but I feel this song is amazing. Without further ado, the song, then my reasons.

Ok. Ignore the montage of shitty images, its just the song I bring before you today. Anyway, in my personal opinion it could very well be on my top 10 list of songs of all time, and my taste ranges from pop-punk to death metal. First off, the intro is easily sing-along-able, with an epic build up at the end which, when I went to see them, made everyone shit themeselves with awesomeness.

Then, when it breaks into the song, the guitars feel just right, the speed is just right, and the lyrics are awesome, not to "emo" not too "moany" but taking the form of a rally cry, they are perfect to have an entire crowd to sing along to, and personally, every time this song comes up, I'm not ashamed to say I normally get out of my chair and have a one man mosh pit. Eventually the song breaks, and gets into an even more epic build up, which, again, was amazing live. Eventually this epic slow cry combines with the chorus to make an amazing ending, with an awesome drum roll in the background the ending of the rest of the song.

This is how you write epic songs, and no matter your opinion on the connotations of the band, I'd like you to give it one more chance and see for yourself how epic music is done.

In Other News...

• I'm writing my own songs. One of them is 8 minutes and 32 seconds long and is full of power chords. You may guess I like Green Day. You would be right.
  • If you want me to post any of my own songs, just ask me to, and I'll try to record vocals over the RSE versions.
  • Prototype soldiers need to know the meaning of Common Enemy.
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Pie

Wait. You listen to music!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Tylea002

I do, I do. Music rules.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Pie

Not my cup of tea thanks

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Tylea002

Shame, dude, you are missing out.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pie

Oh i dont think im missing out..........

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Tylea002

Beatles are good, yes, but aren't epic. They're cosy music, for sitting down with a cup of tea and listening to. I couldn't see myself jumping about to any of their stuff.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By HandsomeDead

I'm glad someone else really likes Welcome To The Black Parade. After seeing a few clips of the video and seeing all the dicks who are My Chemical Romance fans about, I didn't give the album a proper shake but my friend sent me this one night and, once you get past the intro, becomes a great pop-punk tune.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Pie

Epic you say..........

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Tylea002
@Pie said:
" Epic you say..........

"
Yes, that song is epic, words cannot describe how. Its truly the best song for all the thousands of trailers its been in. I made a strange AMV to it once.
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pie
@Tylea002: DID I WINZ LOLOLOLOLOL BRAPZOID!?!?!?!?!
Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Tylea002
@Pie: Win? No, not WIN per se, you just found another epic song. If that is victory, then you won, but who against and in what competition, I'll never know.
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Pie
@Tylea002: My song was more epic though..........
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Pie

Do i get my cheese yet tylea?

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Tylea002
@Pie: Do you need cheese? Stop clogging up ma thread with pointless requests.
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Pie

Sorry... Ive been playing sam and max is all.

nvmfst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By nvmfst

I personally don't like MCR, but I it is kind of neat that they released a sort of "concept" album. Even though "Teenagers" ripped off "Cactus" and "Bang-a-Gong".

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Tylea002
@Einherjan said:
" I personally don't like MCR, but I it is kind of neat that they released a sort of "concept" album. Even though "Teenagers" ripped off "Cactus" and "Bang-a-Gong". "
Teenagers was a fucking amazing song (of course, I would say that, lol) and it was very much a tribute to other styles of music that MCR didn't normally visit, but it didn't crudely "rip off" anything.
nvmfst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By nvmfst

Eh, I didn't say crudely. It's a clever song and album. I just can't watch their videos or them perform life. I'd rather watch Danzig when he was still in the Misfits.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Tylea002

I find that comparison rather unfair. The theatrical side to their performances, in my book, is what makes their live performances so exciting. They aren't just there to play music, they are putting on a show, and play to that fact, especially as they did with the black parade, with the whole "black parade" thing, and the dressing up. All I can say, is that I truly enjoyed the live show I went to, and thought it better for the theatrics.

tineyoghurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By tineyoghurt
@Tylea002 said:
" Beatles are good, yes, but aren't epic. They're cosy music, for sitting down with a cup of tea and listening to. I couldn't see myself jumping about to any of their stuff. "
I beg to differ:

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Tylea002
@tineyoghurt said:
" @Tylea002 said:
" Beatles are good, yes, but aren't epic. They're cosy music, for sitting down with a cup of tea and listening to. I couldn't see myself jumping about to any of their stuff. "
I beg to differ:

"
I stand by my statement. That isn't a song I'd "rock out" to. The beatles are a cosy, british band, and whilst they are good for what they are, they are a completely different genre to the some of the moshable music of today.