Some Notable Comedians that I Love to Listen To.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

Edited By Tireyo

This is a joke post.
Please go to the new and true list. Here it is.  
http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/tireyo643/a-much-better-list-of-notable-comedians/30-24281/ Sorry for being mean.  

I’m making a list of my favorite comedians.  Anything or anyone who makes me laugh as hard as these people do must be mentioned.  I’m going to narrow them down to 5 people!  This is a list of the 5 TOP comedians I like.  The list, however, is subject to change if you can get my memory going on who is available.  It is extremely hard to list my top 5 favorites.  There will be disagreements, but I know that we are all different!  Got question or comments, I’m around!  See you all soon and I hope ya’ll like at least a few people on the list.  Tell me what you think!

*Ones that won’t change in opinion will be marked with a *.

5. Rodney Dangerfield is right at number 5.  He is an interesting and unorthodox comedian.  He has been in some pretty good movies and voices in cartoons.  Some of his material is a little weird, but I like weird.

4. Another comedian I like is Jean Stapleton.  Jean is known for her role as Edith Bunker in All in the Family.  Her loud, obnoxious, and high voice is absolutely uncommon.  The only one who sounds worse than her is Gilbert Gottfried.  All In the Family is an old timey comedy, but I watched it when growing up and I always liked watching it.  Jean is like the hook of the story!

3. Coming in at number 3 is Jeff Foxworthy.  With his slap-stick, vulgar, outrageous, and yet simple redneck jokes, it’s no wonder he is recognized by many people.  He has written some great books, done some great presentations, like to watch him on TV every so often, and above all is just plain funny! 

*2. Jim Carrey comes in at number 2.  This guy is such a jerk; it’s really hard not to like him.  He has been in some of the craziest comedies I have seen.  He has been in a considerable amount of good movies, and he has done his job of being a successful comedian.  This is why he is at number 2

*1. My all time favorite comedian is Robin Williams.  I’ve grew up watching Robin Williams in movies, and he has always brought a smile on my face with his wise cracks.  He too, like Jim Carrey, has been in so many great movies that I really enjoy.  Whenever he comes out with a new movie, I’m ready to watch it!  I’m really sad that he has had a hard time with the heart surgery he had recently.  I really want him to stay around even though he is getting older.  He really needs to quit the alcohol.

You know, Johnny Depp was Willy Wonka in the newer version of Willy Wonka/Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.  I think that Robin Williams should have taken the part because of the special smiles he brings to people who like and know him. 

Anyways, Robin Williams rocks!  He will forever be remembered in my book.  I think it would be cool if Robin Williams and Jim Carrey together in a comedy.  It would be outrageously funny!

Hope ya’ll enjoyed the list! See ya’ll later!

-Ty

*Note: I will let you know something if content is changed by the title.* Also keep in mind that it was late when I typed this.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Tireyo

This is a joke post.
Please go to the new and true list. Here it is.  
http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/tireyo643/a-much-better-list-of-notable-comedians/30-24281/ Sorry for being mean.  

I’m making a list of my favorite comedians.  Anything or anyone who makes me laugh as hard as these people do must be mentioned.  I’m going to narrow them down to 5 people!  This is a list of the 5 TOP comedians I like.  The list, however, is subject to change if you can get my memory going on who is available.  It is extremely hard to list my top 5 favorites.  There will be disagreements, but I know that we are all different!  Got question or comments, I’m around!  See you all soon and I hope ya’ll like at least a few people on the list.  Tell me what you think!

*Ones that won’t change in opinion will be marked with a *.

5. Rodney Dangerfield is right at number 5.  He is an interesting and unorthodox comedian.  He has been in some pretty good movies and voices in cartoons.  Some of his material is a little weird, but I like weird.

4. Another comedian I like is Jean Stapleton.  Jean is known for her role as Edith Bunker in All in the Family.  Her loud, obnoxious, and high voice is absolutely uncommon.  The only one who sounds worse than her is Gilbert Gottfried.  All In the Family is an old timey comedy, but I watched it when growing up and I always liked watching it.  Jean is like the hook of the story!

3. Coming in at number 3 is Jeff Foxworthy.  With his slap-stick, vulgar, outrageous, and yet simple redneck jokes, it’s no wonder he is recognized by many people.  He has written some great books, done some great presentations, like to watch him on TV every so often, and above all is just plain funny! 

*2. Jim Carrey comes in at number 2.  This guy is such a jerk; it’s really hard not to like him.  He has been in some of the craziest comedies I have seen.  He has been in a considerable amount of good movies, and he has done his job of being a successful comedian.  This is why he is at number 2

*1. My all time favorite comedian is Robin Williams.  I’ve grew up watching Robin Williams in movies, and he has always brought a smile on my face with his wise cracks.  He too, like Jim Carrey, has been in so many great movies that I really enjoy.  Whenever he comes out with a new movie, I’m ready to watch it!  I’m really sad that he has had a hard time with the heart surgery he had recently.  I really want him to stay around even though he is getting older.  He really needs to quit the alcohol.

You know, Johnny Depp was Willy Wonka in the newer version of Willy Wonka/Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.  I think that Robin Williams should have taken the part because of the special smiles he brings to people who like and know him. 

Anyways, Robin Williams rocks!  He will forever be remembered in my book.  I think it would be cool if Robin Williams and Jim Carrey together in a comedy.  It would be outrageously funny!

Hope ya’ll enjoyed the list! See ya’ll later!

-Ty

*Note: I will let you know something if content is changed by the title.* Also keep in mind that it was late when I typed this.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Wolverine
5. Flight of the Conchords
4. Bo Burnham
3. Russell Brand
2. Russell Peters
1. Ricky Gervais
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By jakob187

Sorry, Tirey, but that's a fail-worthy list.

George Carlin
Bill Hicks
Eddie Murphy
Richard Pryor
Mitch Hedberg
Steven Lynch
Dave Chappelle
Louis C.K.
Patton Oswald
Jim Norton
John Heffron
Alonzo Bodin

...I could go on forever.  Also, you used "Jeff Foxworthy" and "vulgar" in the same sentence.  How that works, I don't know.  It only makes me realize you've probably never seen Sam Kinison, Lenny Bruce, or Dice before, though.

*EDIT*  Updated list due to my own stupidity of not adding other greats that deserve to be mentioned by name.
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Vinchenzo

Stand-up comics just aren't funny.

inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By inkeiren
jakob187 said:
"Sorry, Tirey, but that's a fail-worthy list.

George Carlin
Bill Hicks
Mitch Hedberg
Steven Lynch
Louis C.K.
Patton Oswald
Jim Norton
John Heffron
Alonzo Bodin

...I could go on forever.  Also, you used "Jeff Foxworthy" and "vulgar" in the same sentence.  How that works, I don't know.  It only makes me realize you've probably never seen Sam Kinison, Lenny Bruce, or Dice before, though.
"
I do not find Jeff Foxworthy particularly funny, but he has been on TVMA programs such as the roast of Larry the Cable Guy. He's done vulgar things, trust me.

4. Arj Barker (He's on flight of the conchords, wolverine)
3. Patton Oswalt
2. Jim Gaffigan
1. Demeitri Martin
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Snipzor
jakob187 said:
"George Carlin
Bill Hicks
Mitch Hedberg
Steven Lynch
Louis C.K.
Patton Oswald
Jim Norton
John Heffron
Alonzo Bodin"
I would like to add David Cross to that list.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7  Edited By Arkthemaniac

"Y'see, your typical god is all powerful. I mean, he can do anything . . . HE CAN THROW A BOAT OVER YOUR HEAD."

Carlin for me. And Hicks. And Chappelle. Actually, Chappelle may be my favorite comedian.
Avatar image for valkyriegoddess
ValkyrieGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By ValkyrieGoddess

I miss Sam Kinison.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jakob187
Snipzor said:
"I would like to add David Cross to that list."
Cross is alright, but for some reason, his stand-up gives me a headache.  =  /
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HandsomeDead

Look up Stewart Lee on YouTube or where ever you can. He's amazing.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jakob187

Oh...and Eddie fucking Izzard!!!  Dressed to Kill is an essential DVD to own, as is Definite Article.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jakob187
HandsomeDead said:
"Look up Stewart Lee on YouTube or where ever you can. He's amazing."
Watched some of this Stewart Lee character.  Good philosophies, but comedian?  FUCK NO!  Where's the funny?  NOWHERE!  I didn't crack a single laugh.
Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38
jakob187 said:
"Oh...and Eddie fucking Izzard!!!  Dressed to Kill is an essential DVD to own, as is Definite Article."
FUCKING YES!!! I was going to add this to your list but you beat me to it.
Avatar image for auspiciousqueue
auspiciousqueue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By auspiciousqueue
Some good comedians named (Gervais, Chappelle, Izzard, etc). But my favorites are:

Frankie Boyle
Russell Howard
Denis Leary
Paul Mooney
Robert Smigel
TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheGremp

Demetri Martin
Jim Gaffigan
Demetri Martin
Steven Wright
Bill Burr
Demetri Martin

Aww yeah.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By raven_squad

My personal favorites are George Carlin, Demetri Martin, Nick Swardson, Russel Brand, and Mitch Hedberg.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No love for Dylan Moran?

I urge you all to see his stand up show "Monster"

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By azteris
Tireyo643 said:
"

"
Jeff Foxworthy is only vulgar if your in the 7th grade. Sorry to be break it to you.
Avatar image for optimusprime223
optimusprime223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By optimusprime223
auspiciousqueue said:
"
Some good comedians named (Gervais, Chappelle, Izzard, etc). But my favorites are:

Frankie Boyle
Russell Howard
Denis Leary
Paul Mooney
Robert Smigel
"
Frankie Boyle hell yes, is the best thing about mock the week...
insanegamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By insanegamer
Rodney Dangerfield is great but i really like bill bailey and russle brand.
Verdugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By Verdugo

George Carlin
Dave Chappelle
Craig Furguson
Gilbert Gottfried
Ron White

That is my top 5.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By Red

Brian Regan and Seinfeld are the only comedians I listen to, but David Cross is still pretty dang funny.

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Gargantuan

Eddie Izzard is my favourite.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Tireyo
Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Captain_Fookup

Nice list of Comedians, I'd like to add that Dane Cook should be shot in the face.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Tireyo

Captain Fookup: This was the joke post.  Go to the new one. :D

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By Snail
Gargantuan said:
"Eddie Izzard is my favourite."
I did enjoy the cake or death sequence. Made me lol.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By toowalrus

You know, Jim Carrey is one of my favorite actors, or at least used to be back when he was Ace Ventura, Dumb & Dumber and The Mask.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Tireyo
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By natetodamax

Joke topics are typically frowned upon on Giant Bomb :(

So is the term butt-hole :(

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Tireyo

Ok. What do you think that I should of done?

Avatar image for theworstplayerever
TheWorstPlayerEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

• Nick Swardson
    • Brian Reagan
    • Kevin Hart
    • Demitri Martin
    • Dave Chappelle