#1 Edited by Strife777 (1520 posts) -

I kind of can't believe it.

He was getting a little too cocky messing around in the octagon and got caught pretty bad and then, knock out.

Just goes to show you can't always be on top.

#2 Posted by TyCobb (1966 posts) -

Aww dammit! I forgot UFC was tonight. Son of a bitch.

#3 Posted by Karkarov (3067 posts) -

Yeah wasn't watching it but just heard in a chat he was doing okay then started getting cocky and did some stupid crap and got himself ko'd.

#4 Edited by lead_farmer (1040 posts) -

That's what happens when your cocky as hell and dropping your hands I guess

#5 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3198 posts) -

Yep, even though he says he doesn't want a rematch after the hurt I bet he'll get back in there and do one. Anderson's a very emotional guy sometime but hides it very well, I can definitely see him reeling for a rematch once he shakes this lost off.

#6 Posted by Yummylee (21496 posts) -

You can move the thread yourself by doing a 'full edit'.

#7 Edited by Strife777 (1520 posts) -

I also remember Mike Goldberg saying something about Dana White having an announcement after the main event about GSP (he was in the crowd). I could've heard wrong, but if he did, it was probably the long awaited match between Silva and GSP, which they probably ditched after the loss.

@yummylee: Oh ok. I was actually eyeing that thing, but wasn't sure if I could, thank you.

#8 Posted by Nightriff (4989 posts) -

Huge Anderson fan....he acted a fool and took his antics to far and Weidman knocked him out. Disappointed but Silva beat himself with his stupidity. Even weirder was his post fight interview...what the hell was that?

#9 Posted by Seauton (114 posts) -

Serves him right. I liked him a few years back but he (I guess rightfully so) got super arrogant and cocky. I started disliking him when he completely destroyed Forrest Griffen and started rooting against him after that. Its nice to see a new champ in the LHW division.

#10 Edited by golguin (3874 posts) -

That was some cocky as shit right there and he paid the price. You could tell he didn't even think the end result was even a possibility. That's hubris for you.

#11 Posted by Nightriff (4989 posts) -
#12 Posted by DarthOrange (3858 posts) -

How long did it last?

#13 Edited by Strife777 (1520 posts) -

@darthorange: Until about halfway through the second round.

#14 Posted by theveej (825 posts) -

BEDLAM, Andy got clowned hard. Hope he comes back for a rematch, Weidman is a fantastic fighter though.

#15 Posted by punkxblaze (2971 posts) -

LAID THE FUCK OUT.

I'm still fucking reeling. That was incredible.

#16 Edited by DarthOrange (3858 posts) -

Just caught it on youtube. Wow.

#17 Posted by Zella (729 posts) -

Happy he got knocked out and lost his belt, for the past couple years the dude has been an utter douche when it comes to his fights. Needs to learn a thing or two from GSP and Jones about being a sportsman instead of being arrogant and cocky. Saying you are gonna dominate your opponent is one thing but dancing around like an ass is another, Rashad tried it when fighting Machida and he payed the price and now so has Silva.

#18 Posted by Daroki (710 posts) -

LAID THE FUCK OUT.

I'm still fucking reeling. That was incredible.

It's like when the first punch landed he started clowning Weidman and then realized, "Oh damn, I don't have my legs under me, what the hell?" He dodged the next three punches for the most part (they were grazing) but that last one while he was standing was CLEAN and the follow up was lights out. I'm still in shock honestly. The way the last two minutes of the first round went, I figured he had gauged everything he needed to. Not. Even. Close. (Still don't think that Weidman's that great, this should actually be good for the Middleweight division if Anderson really doesn't chase the title.)

#19 Posted by AiurFlux (902 posts) -

Good. Fuck Anderson Silva.

I respect him when he fights a proper fight, but he's so goddamn arrogant and full of himself it isn't funny and because of that he hardly ever fights a proper fight. Then to make matters worse there have been two or three times that he's acted like a complete asshole in PPV fights and pretty much made the card worthless just because he wanted to be a cunt (UFC 97 and UFC 112).

Maybe he should have went to Steven Seagal before this fight. Urgh. What a pair of douches. Add in Ed Soares and you have the trifecta.

#20 Edited by Redbullet685 (6034 posts) -

That was so amazing. I am so glad he lost his title. He was being a total cunt out there. He deserved to lose the title. He was so cocky that it makes Lebron James look like the most humble person alive compared to him.

#21 Posted by punkxblaze (2971 posts) -

An accurate representation of tonight's events, in a Giant Bomb friendly format.

#22 Posted by myketuna (1678 posts) -

@golguin said:

That was some cocky as shit right there and he paid the price. You could tell he didn't even think the end result was even a possibility. That's hubris for you.

Exactly.

I think he's a great fighter and a champion, but whenever there was someone in there he thought was "not worthy", he would pull this garbage. If you want to give the people a show, show your dominance off throughout the rounds and then go in for the finish at the end since you can supposedly do it whenever you want.

Don't do this nonsense. It's fairly disrespectful considering the other guy didn't just walk in and get to fight you and it's needlessly risky as was illustrated tonight. Then again, the cynic in me thinks this was done on purpose for the drama and the rematch PPV sales, but looking at it, Silva looks so fucking entranced in his shenanigans that I doubt it.

#23 Posted by KaneRobot (1530 posts) -

Hilarious. And good.

Sad thing is, if he even wants to fight anymore he'll come back and probably easily win the rematch.

#24 Posted by development (2240 posts) -

Dude... I know this is a video game forum, but lots of fans of sports don't like getting the outcome spoiled for them without warning.

#25 Posted by Hailinel (24392 posts) -

@myketuna said:

Then again, the cynic in me thinks this was done on purpose for the drama and the rematch PPV sales, but looking at it, Silva looks so fucking entranced in his shenanigans that I doubt it.

There's no conspiracy. Just Silva being a cocky dumbass.

#26 Posted by TruthTellah (8770 posts) -

I'm assuming this is a prominent person in a sport event of some sort?

I suppose that's a shame?

#27 Posted by hejklyscha (33 posts) -

Hey, how about a spoilers tag. Jerk.

#28 Posted by Tarsier (1057 posts) -

he wanted to lose. he meant to lose. he was done. even leading up to the fight he was talking like it was weidmans time, and it sounded like he was finished being 'the one' or 'the best'.. he sounded like he was happy with what he accomplished in the sport and was ready to move on to other things...

he lost as perfectly as he won in his career..

it makes sense if you think about where he was.. nobody could beat him, he outclassed absolutely everyone in his division for the longest time.. they were starting to consider 'super fights' with weight class disadvantages and things like this... thats a strange position to be in.. who are you going to fight, every champion of every weight class, and for what? to prove that youre the best? anderson probably had a moment of clarity about this situation and saw that it was time to move on . . .

#29 Posted by Strife777 (1520 posts) -

@hejklyscha: @development: I'm not used to people being wary of sport "spoilers". I honestly apologize if that is an issue.

And no need to call me a jerk thank you.

#30 Edited by hejklyscha (33 posts) -

@strife777 said:

@hejklyscha: @development: I'm not used to people being wary of sport "spoilers". I honestly apologize if that is an issue.

Are you new on the internet? Spoiling stuff is being a jerk. It's common sense.

Edit: Not only on the internet; in life.

#31 Edited by Strife777 (1520 posts) -

@strife777 said:

Well the other guy certainly didn't have a hard time being less of a dick about it.

I'm sorry if I find the concept of "spoiling" live events as being a weird thing. I'm not a sports guy, so I don't really think about that shit. I watch UFC, watched a good one tonight, got excited by something pretty crazy, went here and posted about it without considering some people might not want to know.

Like I came here to spoil it on purpose. Fuck off.

#32 Edited by hejklyscha (33 posts) -

@strife777 said:

@hejklyscha said:

@strife777 said:

Well the other guy certainly didn't have a hard time being less of a dick about it.

I'm sorry if I find the concept of "spoiling" live events as being a weird thing. I'm not a sports guy, so I don't really think about that shit. I watch UFC, watched a good one tonight, got excited by something pretty crazy, went here and posted about it without considering some people might not want to know.

Like I came here to spoil it on purpose. Fuck off.

I didn't say you came here to spoil it on purpose. Im saying you clearly don't know proper manners when it comes to things that can be spoiled. That means movie/game/book plots. Sporting events. You name it. This is not a new thing.

#33 Edited by Strife777 (1520 posts) -

@hejklyscha: And not knowing something makes me a jerk? I think you should go look up the meaning of that.

If I HAD done it on purpose, then you could call me names. Like I said though, I'm not used to people being angry about sport spoilers. Again, I'm not a sports guy, I don't talk about sports with people to know that.

To me, sporting events don't even qualify to be in the same category as movies, games or books. But clearly some people think otherwise and now I know.

#34 Edited by g6065 (273 posts) -

To be fair, anyone on the internet that didn't watch the fight live probably had it spoiled on facebook long before it was here.

#35 Posted by myketuna (1678 posts) -
#36 Posted by GalacticPunt (1042 posts) -

@tarsier: That's an unlikely, if romantic, scenario. It would be nice if Silva did this on purpose to disappear from the UFC scene. Now Silva will train by punching a waterfall for the next year to prepare for the more pure challenge of the secret World Warrior Tournament.