• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Kazona (3065 posts) -

Stuff like this just boggles my mind. Seriously... I can't wrap my head around the thought process of those people. Whatever country decides that we need to invade Iran, I'll be behind them 100%.

#2 Posted by masterpaperlink (1841 posts) -

I'm no expert, buuut you should probably read more than 8 lines of text before forming an opinion like that.

#3 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

I'm sorry, hasn't Iraq proven that invading a country whose ruler is a tyrant does not result in their actual liberation and well being? I'm an Arab and most of my people across the various Arab countries believe that Iraq would've been better off living the stable orderly lives under Saddam's solid rule.  
The country was sentenced to slowly die in shit drenched piss when the US army decided to play god.

#4 Posted by CookieMonster (2417 posts) -

No.

#5 Posted by GentlemanlyGentleman (320 posts) -

Give me a few minutes, I'm finishing off a match of Risk.

#6 Edited by CaLe (3981 posts) -

If this is all the basis you need for deciding to invade an entire country then I'm going to go ahead and assume you are (at least mentally) somewhere between 12 and 16. Hopefully in a few years you'll mature enough to look back on this and laugh at your own ignorance.

#7 Posted by Kazona (3065 posts) -

@masterpaperlink said:

I'm no expert, buuut you should probably read more than 8 lines of text before forming an opinion like that.

Sentencing a man to death for that kind of stuff is inexcusable. It makes the people running that country as bad as a cold blooded serial killer. I'm sorry, but fuck them, may they die of a horrible affliction that plagues them for years.

Oh, and I read the other articles they linked to as well, so I'm sure there were a little more than 8 lines of text ;)

#8 Posted by ez123 (1964 posts) -

@Kazona said:

Seriously... I can't wrap my head around the thought process of those people.

You can't wrap your head around the idea of a thought process.

#9 Posted by Kazona (3065 posts) -

@ez123 said:

@Kazona said:

Well alright then, Mr. genius! How about you provide me with the logic behind sentencing the man to death? I mean with such a witty remark, surely you are capable of providing me with an argument that defends the act of killing a man over such pity a reason.

Unless, of course, that remark is the limit of your intelligence.

#10 Posted by L44 (559 posts) -

wow this is stupid, you hear about alot of people being sentenced for life and stuff when they never did anything, but you dont see people saying you should invade a country over it.

#11 Posted by coakroach (2490 posts) -

If you're going to invade anyone based off the way they mistreat their civilian population you might want to start with North Korea, what with the whole famine/brainwashing/death camp thing.

And while i'm not going to say whether or not the incident is equally terrible in terms of violating basic human rights, you might want to look at some other places that abuse their death penalty.

#12 Posted by Kazona (3065 posts) -

@L44: @coakroach: But I read this one, and this one pissed me off. Hence my post.

And maybe we should get pissed off about things like this more often.

#13 Posted by TobbRobb (4639 posts) -

This thread is not inflammatory or offensive in the least. There is a lot of discussion value here, I can almost taste it.

Seriously dude? "someone-invade-iran-please", I just don't have any words.

Yes that sentence was unfair, no it's not a reason to invade a country. Shit, good ol' US and A have had their fair share of unfair death sentences. That is the fault of a few higher ups, don't punish the innocent people living there for it.

#14 Edited by L44 (559 posts) -

@Kazona said:

@L44: @coakroach: But I read this one, and this one pissed me off. Hence my post.

You're right there, but saying there should an invasion is being completely irrational.

#15 Posted by Kazona (3065 posts) -

@L44 said:

@Kazona said:

You're right there, but saying there should an invasion is being completely irrational.

I was in an irrational state of mind. It happens. Surely I'm not the first (or the last).

#16 Posted by AndrewB (7610 posts) -

I have a book for you to read. It's called "God is not Great." At least so far as I've read, it pretty much sums up my feelings and the reason behind such atrocities pretty nicely.

#17 Posted by dudeglove (7828 posts) -

Have you ever considered the role of foreign policy adviser for the US government? You're clearly wasting your talents here.

#18 Posted by AlisterCat (5559 posts) -

Based on that logic, the amount of injustice in America, or any country warrants an invasion.

#19 Posted by TobbRobb (4639 posts) -
#20 Posted by AlexW00d (6273 posts) -

I hate Sundays, there are never any mods online.

#21 Posted by ProfessorEss (7361 posts) -

@AlisterCat said:

Based on that logic, the amount of injustice in America, or any country warrants an invasion.

I think it's high time the world's most powerful country, Canada (obviously), took some starch outta that annoying wart on our ass.

...hmm, we might need to borrow some of your military though if that's cool.

#22 Posted by Swoxx (2998 posts) -

@AlexW00d said:

I hate Sundays, there are never any mods online.

Yeah, slackers.

#23 Posted by Robrazor1936 (44 posts) -

Yes! Let's kill thousands of innocent civilians just because an undemocratic regime executes someone...

#24 Posted by Zero_ (1973 posts) -

Yeeeeah, let's not have the US or anyone else invade Iran or anyone else. Yes, it's a mess over there but let them sort out their mess. The last thing any country needs is another country jumping in and telling them how they should be run. It's a sad reality.

#25 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Hey, this guy actually went to court.

Obama authorized the targeted murder of an American citizen, Anwar Al-Awlaki.

#26 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4737 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

I'm sorry, hasn't Iraq proven that invading a country whose ruler is a tyrant does not result in their actual liberation and well being? I'm an Arab and most of my people across the various Arab countries believe that Iraq would've been better off living the stable orderly lives under Saddam's solid rule. The country was sentenced to slowly die in shit drenched piss when the US army decided to play god.

Wouldn't it be piss drenched shit? You can't really drench something in shit unless it's one of those really watery ones, but even then you'd just have an amalgamation of shit and piss, not piss drenched in shit.

#27 Posted by GoofyGoober (937 posts) -

Since it pisses YOU off so much, why dont YOU go and invade them. Come on, go ahead and stand up for whats obviously "Right"

#28 Posted by amir90 (2156 posts) -

WTF is wrong with you?

Omg lets invade the us, their citizens are losing more rights everyday.
Their goverment just made it legal to arrest anyone and hold them in contempt forever without trial, holy shit!
they cannot protest where they want, and when they do protest, they get peppers prayed and beaten by their police officers.

Please, can Americans and the us start fixing their own damn country, because wars like these, affect a lot more then just you and X enemy.

#29 Posted by dudeglove (7828 posts) -

@TobbRobb said:

LOL

#30 Posted by Beforet (2921 posts) -

Pfft, invasion is so 2002. These days we seed social unrest using twitter and facebook.

#31 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -

@Kazona said:

@ez123 said:

@Kazona said:

Well alright then, Mr. genius! How about you provide me with the logic behind sentencing the man to death? I mean with such a witty remark, surely you are capable of providing me with an argument that defends the act of killing a man over such pity a reason.

well according to the he was spreading hatred around the world or something like that which goes against Islam. In a Deeply religious country that is lead by a dictator it is actually quite obvious that he might sentence a man to death for doing something that violates their religious law. Now i dont agree with this at all.

Also reading to how he was tortured to get a statement out of him it kinda reminds me of Guantanamo bay... food for thought.

#32 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@GunslingerPanda said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

I'm sorry, hasn't Iraq proven that invading a country whose ruler is a tyrant does not result in their actual liberation and well being? I'm an Arab and most of my people across the various Arab countries believe that Iraq would've been better off living the stable orderly lives under Saddam's solid rule. The country was sentenced to slowly die in shit drenched piss when the US army decided to play god.

Wouldn't it be piss drenched shit? You can't really drench something in shit unless it's one of those really watery ones

Bingo 

but even then you'd just have an amalgamation of shit and piss, not piss drenched in shit.

I respectfully disagree!
#33 Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1726 posts) -

I can see it  happening when there's confirmation of Iran's actual nuclear plans. 

#34 Edited by TruthTellah (9000 posts) -

@McGhee said:

Hey, this guy actually went to court.

Obama authorized the targeted murder of an American citizen, Anwar Al-Awlaki.

To be fair to President Obama's decision, Anwar Al-Awlaki did renounce his US citizenship and declared war on the US in public statements in Yemen. Historically, countries have been able to kill former citizens who have formally renounced citizenship and then gone over to an enemy's side, as they are legally not considered citizens. President Obama himself has maintained that the government does not have the authority to kill a US citizen without trial and that this was not a case of that. Anwar Al-Awlaki no longer considered himself a US citizen, and so, neither did the law.

#35 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3051 posts) -

Keep the change, you filthy animal.

#36 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -

When the weapons manufacturers and other military contractors feel they want some more money the US will invade Iran. American politicians act for the benefit of corporations.

#37 Posted by leebmx (2244 posts) -

@Kazona said:

@ez123 said:

@Kazona said:

Wait so your solution to stopping a man being sentenced to death is to invade a country leading to hundreds of thousands of people being killed and the country and region maybe rendered permanently unstable? I'd take another five minutes to think about this before you start the carpet bombing.

#38 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3087 posts) -

Pretty much every country has done something equally bad or worse than that. Please find another source of outrage before you start demanding a war.

#39 Edited by leebmx (2244 posts) -

@dudeglove said:

@TobbRobb said:

LOL

I can't see what you are pointing out - can it be enlarged?

#40 Posted by yoshisaur (2717 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

Holy shit, if you know that many people you're facebook must be HUGE!

#41 Edited by TruthTellah (9000 posts) -

@zudthespud said:

When the weapons manufacturers and other military contractors feel they want some more money the US will invade Iran. American politicians act for the benefit of corporations.

Check out President Obama's upcoming State of the Union address to see if that's really true.

I believe you are fortunately mistaken, led more by what "feels" right and what is hip to say in online message boards than what actually is reality.

#42 Edited by PenguinDust (12512 posts) -

Join Amnesty International, write your congressman or other political leadership, start a movement to bring about awareness of this and similar cases. Don't send more kids to die in an unnecessary war, sacrificing thousands upon thousands of civilian lives, destroying an irreplaceable historical civilization, costing billions we don't have, and further dividing the world community. Don't do these things again.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

#43 Posted by Andorski (5308 posts) -

To fix a country's problems, an invasion must occur. The OP might as well say, "I'm an American in the middle of high school."

#44 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@ccampb89 said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

Holy shit, if you know that many people you're facebook must be HUGE!

43 friends! Recognize.
#45 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -

@dudeglove said:

Have you ever considered the role of foreign policy adviser for the US government? You're clearly wasting your talents here.

too good a fit

#46 Edited by TruthTellah (9000 posts) -

Duders, please read the OP's replies in this thread before posting more.

He has already acknowledged that his original statement was irrational and simply an emotional response to something he saw as unjust. We all say stupid things sometimes, and this was clearly one of those times for him. We really don't need to pile on and prolong the life of this thread. I'm not saying OP is right or even a great guy, but from what I've read, no one here is seriously arguing that Iran should be invaded. It's simply aggravation regarding current events expressed in a poor way.

#47 Posted by theguy (796 posts) -

This thread was never going to turn out ok.

#48 Posted by igl (89 posts) -

Scary stupid.

#49 Posted by Kazona (3065 posts) -

@leebmx said:

@Kazona said:

@ez123 said:

@Kazona said:

Wait so your solution to stopping a man being sentenced to death is to invade a country leading to hundreds of thousands of people being killed and the country and region maybe rendered permanently unstable? I'd take another five minutes to think about this before you start the carpet bombing.

No that is not my solution. It was merely an extreme expression of my anger at the injustice. You know, kind of like the extreme reaction that involves killing an innocent human being.

#50 Posted by StalkingTurnip (150 posts) -

First, the OP was just riled up from seeing something awful and was speaking hyperbolic . However, it should not have been a surprise. It is a theocratic dictatorship. Killing people who violate your religious laws is the point. Secondly, the United States of America and Iran are not comparable in any way shape or form. In America, you can speak your mind and i dont know belive whatever you want without being stoned to death. Trying to use a poorly done police investigation and pepper gassing people to actually shooting people who disagree with you is kind of stupid. Did Uncle Sam rape you new born puppy right in front of your eyes or something?