#1 Posted by AMyggen (3133 posts) -
#2 Posted by Humanity (9377 posts) -

I hope Lego hires her and they end up releasing these gigantic 300k brick sets.

#3 Edited by Arjailer (16 posts) -

Because it would cost $10,000+ (gulp)

That Rivendell is fantastic though :-)

#4 Posted by Bollard (5598 posts) -

I have no idea how people have this much time and money, let alone the artistic talent to make that shit.

Like this, this right here is friggin genius. I didn't even think it was real lego from the far out shots.

Also Lego never make sets like this. All the good sets from Cuusoo that had anything more than a few thousand pieces get shut down. Look at the UCS Sandcrawler(10k pieces) and the UCS AT-AT, the Sandcrawler had motors, lights and got 10,000 supporters in a couple months and Lego just said "we already have one" (which is rubbish btw) and shut it down. There's probably no money to be made on large sets so they don't bother. I just wish it was easier to get ahold of the pieces and instructions for huge MOCs like those.

#5 Edited by AMyggen (3133 posts) -

@chavtheworld: Yeah, I doubt Lego will ever release anything close to the complexity of this build, which is a shame. And I agree, the detail of this Lego model blows me away. It's insane if you look at the close-ups.

#6 Edited by Pezen (1612 posts) -

I remember going to Legoland in Denmark as a kid and being in awe by what they had built using Lego. But as an adult, I am equally impressed by such skill as I am baffled that adults still play around with Lego.

#7 Edited by Abendlaender (2812 posts) -

For one second I thought there are a bunch of Darth Vaders in the river...

But it looks incredible

#8 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4683 posts) -

Model of what now?

#9 Edited by AMyggen (3133 posts) -
#10 Posted by Rafaelfc (1350 posts) -

Better than both Hobbit movies put together!

#11 Posted by Jimbo (9819 posts) -

That is insanely good.

#12 Posted by avantegardener (1127 posts) -

Wowsers.

#13 Posted by ProfessorEss (7398 posts) -

Sick.

#14 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4683 posts) -
#15 Posted by Vuud (2013 posts) -

I would totally be the asshole little brother that stomps through it and wrecks shit.

#16 Edited by Noblenerf (323 posts) -

@amyggen: Thanks for sharing this! I doubt I would have ever seen it otherwise.

Remarkable and awe-inspiring creation. I can scarcely imagine the planning and effort that went into creating it, let alone the cost. Is there any info about how it was created?

#17 Edited by SunBroZak (1138 posts) -

Considering a lego Millennium Falcon can cost around £100, and that's roughly 1,200 pieces, I dread to think what this would cost if it were to be sold as a product.

#18 Posted by EuanDewar (4965 posts) -

fuck me that's top

#19 Posted by laserguy (444 posts) -

Thats incredible. It must have taken a couple years to make this. All it needs now is Godzilla.

#20 Edited by Random45 (1213 posts) -

The kid in me wants that so badly so I can play lego Lord of the Rings, but the adult in me is just admiring at how much skill and work that would have taken. Holy crap, now that is dedication.

#21 Posted by TheCreamFilling (1225 posts) -

So many pieces and colors I don't recognize. What has LEGO turned into?!

#22 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3168 posts) -

Really cool that there are people out there that are this into/good with Legos.

#23 Edited by MB (12498 posts) -

The same person did a 400,000 brick Hogwarts. It took a year.

I wonder if the builder is sponsored somehow, because the amount of time and money required to build something like this is unbelievable. Someone pegged the average price of a Lego brick at $0.13...even if the bricks used to build this Hogwarts cost half that, that's still $25,000.

Moderator Online