• 130 results
#1 Posted by believer258 (11898 posts) -

What's something positive you did today? It doesn't have to be anything big or anything groundbreaking, just something that made you feel happy or good in some way or made someone else feel better or even just something that needed to be done.

For me? Well, the first thing today I did was a good bit of laundry. I am not quite done yet, but I'm getting there. My brother and I also had a good bit of fun playing Just Cause 2 on my 360 while waiting for Prototype to download on his PS3, during which time I found immeasurable glee from grappling evil dudes to propane tanks, shooting the propane tanks, and watching them fly into the air screaming. Soon after, I found that Rico could grapple hook onto a larger propane tank himself and shoot it and then fly himself very high into the air, which I also found immeasurable glee from.

What about you other duders? Had some fun? Done some good work? Encouraged a friend?

#2 Edited by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -

I like the idea of this topic.

Today has been pretty uneventful. All of my friends were busy earlier so I went to the local school and just shot the basketball around to kill some time. It felt good having fun by myself without the need of a computer/television/video game system.

Yesterday I actually decided to do something nice for my mom by vacuuming her entire house while she was shopping and buying her a nice little dessert for when she got home. I also bought my girlfriend a new book she wanted and some macaroons.

#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Uhhh.....I invested government money into new technological developments. Does that count?

#4 Posted by Svenzon (720 posts) -

I worked out for an hour, despite being hung over. Felt terrible at first, but I got used to it. Then I had a support talk with my sister-in-law, who's been staying here for the weekend and has been arguing with her boyfriend lately

#5 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Hmmm, well, sunday is a good day for anime so there's that. Played some TF2 on one of my favorite servers and had a blast with

Nothing too huge, but fun nonetheless!

#6 Posted by Grimhild (723 posts) -

I made homemade tacos for my beau with a broken foot and lent him my Band of Brothers blue-rays. Hope it doesn't come back to haunt him when he has to limp to the bathroom in a hurry. Hah! Poop references.

#7 Posted by spankingaddict (2671 posts) -

I gave away a free kitten today . I guess that's a good thing , and I went to church .

#8 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

Fed a banana to an adopted rabbit who had wolf-teeth and needed encouragement to eat.

#9 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

I told someone on the internet to fuck off.

#10 Posted by JasonR86 (9697 posts) -

Does an absence of a negative equal a positive? I didn't punch anyone today. That was nice of me.

#11 Edited by Intro (1207 posts) -

Graduated from high school, if that counts for anything.

#12 Posted by believer258 (11898 posts) -

@TentPole said:

Come on, dude. That's hardly the intended spirit of this thread.

#13 Posted by Grimhild (723 posts) -

@Intro:

Grats, did you get your mount yet? lol Kidding, no seriously. Congratulations.

#14 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19336 posts) -

I attempted a proxy Hatchery build in StarCraft II as Zerg (something that is practically never done) and won against my opponent. That felt pretty good.

#15 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11001 posts) -

I watched The Rocketeer for the first time today. That movie is pretty great. Oh, you mean "good deed" good kind of things. Well, I helped take care of my grandmother's dog whilst she's out on vacation.

The Rocketeer was definitely the high point though. Nothing against my grandmother's dog (the dog is a very nice and well behaved dog), but that dog doesn't have a jet-pack or fight Nazis.

#16 Posted by Hunter5024 (5670 posts) -

I talked to my good friend who I never get to see anymore online, and had an idea for a project me and my friends are working on.

#17 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

@believer258 said:

@TentPole said:

Come on, dude. That's hardly the intended spirit of this thread.

Fuck off!

#18 Edited by Carlos1408 (1506 posts) -

Went to the pub early this afternoon with a couple of friends. Then played risk and drank wine with some other friends from 9 to 1am. That was fun, although by the end we were all pretty pooped. This amongst other things, done in the past few days, was to celebrate our great grades for our final year at university. So it's been a good few days. To stay on the subject of video games, I also played a lot of Mortal Kombat today (before all the aforementioned events). Contributing to my MK mission; unlocking everything in the Krypt.

#19 Posted by billyhoush (1192 posts) -

I bought my dad beer. It made him very happy.

#20 Edited by believer258 (11898 posts) -

@JasonR86 said:

Does an absence of a negative equal a positive? I didn't punch anyone today. That was nice of me.

Well, a particle with no electric charge would be a neutron (i.e. neither negative nor positive). And, at extremely high pressures and temperatures, some very large stars collapse into neutron stars upon death, which wouldn't really be a good thing if you were to come too close to one considering the slightly increased gravity.

#21 Posted by Sergio (2121 posts) -

I went to go see Prometheus with a friend today. I bought his ticket, but it turned out he had already purchased one and was waiting inside. When I went to get a refund, the guy refunded both tickets. It took a couple of tries, but I was eventually able to have him realize that he should have only refunded the price of one of the tickets. Afterwards he said, "You could have just walked away with the money." I'm not that kind of guy.

#22 Posted by Atary77 (502 posts) -

As hot as it was today, my mother didn't feel like having to cook dinner for everyone especially since my sister and her children were coming by, so I decided to cook instead. It was a nice day for grilling so I got some hot dogs and hamburgers going. They tasted good, everyone was happy and I saved my mom the trouble of cooking in this summer heat.

#23 Posted by Galiant (2193 posts) -

I made kids laugh today.

#24 Edited by EthanielRain (851 posts) -

I visited with some nursing home residents and helped a co-worker who was having a hard time with her work.

#25 Posted by MrSlapHappy (182 posts) -

I woke my girlfriend up this morning by wrapping her in the blankets and sheets and hugging her.

Also, I put my spare tire on my truck today so I can stop driving around on a low tire that won't hold air.

#26 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Preparing the hookah for my mother and lighting the coals.

#27 Posted by fadedjoe (1 posts) -
#28 Edited by SmilingPig (1337 posts) -

I change my profile picture to show this great Zelda tatoo.

Edit: Its not my tatoo, I am a dude.

#29 Posted by The_Tolman (433 posts) -

First day of the new season for the summer camp that I work at so I cleaned and trained some new counselors. Thats about it.

#30 Posted by Grimhild (723 posts) -

@billyhoush said:

Why wasn't I informed of this? I clearly stated on your wall that I wanted to get drunk with your dad.

#31 Edited by DoctorDanger99 (686 posts) -

i layed in bed with my girlfriend and watched Teen Mom. i didnt complain once.

that girl OWES ME.

#32 Posted by JeanLuc (3583 posts) -

I worked on my friend's birthday present. I'm so excited about it I can't wait till its finished.

#33 Posted by McGrittles (92 posts) -

Gave some new trucks to a kid on a longboard

#34 Posted by Irvandus (2878 posts) -

I sang a song at someones party to entertain them, I cheered up a friend who was feeling down, I was also nice to someone I generally don't get along with. Man I had a pretty positive day.

#35 Posted by MocBucket62 (1227 posts) -

Did P90X2 today doing pull ups and Pylometrics. It was tough but it was still worth it.

#36 Posted by wumbo3000 (969 posts) -

I studied for a test.

#37 Posted by billyhoush (1192 posts) -

@Grimhild said:

@billyhoush said:

Why wasn't I informed of this? I clearly stated on your wall that I wanted to get drunk with your dad.

You have now been informed but caution it's gonna get messy.

#38 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

I played some tennis.

#39 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:

Uhhh.....I invested government money into new technological developments. Does that count?

Finally upgrading your PC?
#40 Posted by Winternet (8018 posts) -

I was in a big tea party with all my imaginary friends.

#41 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@MikeGosot:

I was talking about my Kingdom. I can't exactly use tax money for shit like that. I guess that's something humans will continue to fail to understand about monarchies.

#42 Posted by Grimhild (723 posts) -

@billyhoush said:

@Grimhild said:

@billyhoush said:

You have now been informed but caution it's gonna get messy.

I'm about to watch this again and take a shot every time one of you takes a swig from your respective beverage, to help you spread the happiness. That argyle sweater/beret combo is fly as hell lol

#43 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

Went to Prometheus with my dad and brother. It was pretty Great.

#44 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

#45 Posted by billyhoush (1192 posts) -

@Grimhild said:

@billyhoush said:

@Grimhild said:

That argyle sweater/beret combo is fly as hell lol

Hahaha! I'll inform Baba you dig his swag.

#46 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:

@MikeGosot:

I was talking about my Kingdom. I can't exactly use tax money for shit like that. I guess that's something humans will continue to fail to understand about monarchies.

It's okay Mr. King, no need to lie.
#47 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@MikeGosot:

Who the hell is lying?

#48 Posted by destruktive (1069 posts) -

I didn't eat the whole bag of cheese doodles. Does that count?

#49 Posted by innacces14 (735 posts) -

Helped my little brother with his essay.

#50 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

Supported a friend's creativeness, did a lot of chores around the house (without argueing with my lazy housemates), finished two games on my backlog and started another.

That's not bad for a sunday.