Posted by Rxanadu (511 posts) -

Tonight, my dad said that if I he sees me washing the dishes during any holidays he'll break my hands.

What should I do?

#1 Posted by Rxanadu (511 posts) -

Tonight, my dad said that if I he sees me washing the dishes during any holidays he'll break my hands.

What should I do?

#2 Posted by JasonR86 (9763 posts) -

@Rxanadu said:

Tonight, my dad said that if I he sees me washing the dishes during any holidays he'll break my hands.

What should I do?

Shit on the dishes.

#3 Posted by ThatFrood (3377 posts) -

Don't wash the dishes.

#4 Posted by DarthOrange (3878 posts) -

Sprinkle pubes on the dishes.

#5 Posted by xMEGADETHxSLY (446 posts) -

See how far He'll go

#6 Posted by kermoosh (911 posts) -

well it depends how old you are

if you're an adult you can do whatever you want

if you're young (like high school or something) i'd listen to him

although this relies on the fact that a father would be willing to break his child's hands

#7 Posted by musclerider (591 posts) -

Be better at washing dishes

#8 Posted by mlarrabee (3031 posts) -

That depends.

Is it because he considers that "women's work?"

If so, tell him off proper.

If he just thinks you should say, "Screw the dishes until mid-February," take a stand on that.

#9 Posted by jking47 (1246 posts) -

Break your own hands when your dad washes the dishes.

#10 Posted by envane (1164 posts) -

you should come out to him ... about your love for washing dishes that is

#11 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5855 posts) -

kiss him

#12 Posted by 49th (2818 posts) -

Break the dishes, wash your dad.

#13 Posted by Trilogy (2683 posts) -

Make a thread about it on a website about video games.

#14 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3082 posts) -

You should probably give us more context than that, like whether your dad makes jokes like that a lot or if he's gone to prison for breaking people's hands before.

#15 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1849 posts) -

Wash some plates instead

#16 Posted by Poppduder (460 posts) -

Was your father holding a bottle of whiskey?

#17 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

wash ur dad…….

#18 Posted by Little_Socrates (5694 posts) -
#19 Posted by YI_Orange (1169 posts) -

@FancySoapsMan said:

kiss him

square on the lips?

#20 Posted by Sjupp (1910 posts) -

@Little_Socrates: I love that show. Though I find it annoying as fuck when he pronounces it "moderan"

#21 Posted by VoshiNova (1735 posts) -

@FancySoapsMan said:

kiss him

Indeed

#22 Posted by BisonHero (6814 posts) -
@Sjupp

@Little_Socrates: I love that show. Though I find it annoying as fuck when he pronounces it "moderan"

You mean "modren".
#23 Posted by ShaggE (6636 posts) -

Hambone the Bombcast theme until he yields.

...

Seriously now, SOMEBODY hambone the Bombcast theme. I keep waiting for Ryan to do it, but no dice.

#24 Posted by Chtasm (459 posts) -

Something happened to me last night when I was driving home. I had a couple of miles to go. I looked up and saw a glowing orange object in the sky. It was moving irregularly. Suddenly, there was intense light all around. And when I came to, I was home. What do you think happened to me?

#25 Posted by jsnyder82 (762 posts) -

Find a better dad.

#26 Posted by TheHT (11682 posts) -

@ThatFrood said:

Don't wash the dishes.

Should be obvious really.

#27 Posted by Little_Socrates (5694 posts) -

@BisonHero said:

@Sjupp

@Little_Socrates: I love that show. Though I find it annoying as fuck when he pronounces it "moderan"

You mean "modren".

Let's be real, guys, it's both.

#28 Edited by ThatFrood (3377 posts) -

@TheHT said:

@ThatFrood said:

Don't wash the dishes.

Should be obvious really.

He's gonna break your hands.

#29 Posted by CornBREDX (5838 posts) -

Give him a big hug and say "I love you to pops"

#30 Posted by TheHT (11682 posts) -

@ThatFrood said:

@TheHT said:

@ThatFrood said:

Don't wash the dishes.

Should be obvious really.

He's gonna break your hands.

What? Oh god. But I didn't wash the dishes! I swear!

#31 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4469 posts) -

@YI_Orange said:

@FancySoapsMan said:

kiss him

square on the lips?

No that'd be weird. Open mouth.

#32 Posted by RPGee (763 posts) -

Sounds like a dirty situation. Just make the right dish-ision, okay? If the water's feels too hot, contem-plate your options.

#33 Posted by ThatFrood (3377 posts) -

@RPGee said:

Sounds like a dirty situation. Just make the right dish-ision, okay? If the water's feels too hot, contem-plate your options.

I have cancer now.

#34 Posted by FesteringNeon (2165 posts) -

Buy him a clothes dryer with an illegal immigrant inside for Christmas. Look dad! A dishwasher and dryer!

#35 Posted by RPGee (763 posts) -

@ThatFrood said:

@RPGee said:

Sounds like a dirty situation. Just make the right dish-ision, okay? If the water's feels too hot, contem-plate your options.

I have cancer now.

Don't go having sick thoughts, now.

#36 Posted by MasterBrief (225 posts) -

@Chtasm: Call Mulder

#37 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -
@DarthOrange
Sprinkle pubes on the dishes.
Sprinkle pubes on your dad, afterwards.
#38 Posted by CrazyBagMan (857 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@YI_Orange said:

@FancySoapsMan said:

kiss him

square on the lips?

No that'd be weird. Open mouth.

Which is why that's the only option. Show him who's in charge.

#39 Posted by Tarsier (1076 posts) -

crawl inside your moms uterus and ask obama to abort you

#40 Posted by Xtrememuffinman (958 posts) -

Wash and clean everything but proper dishes. That means the whole house, all the silverware and bowls, etc. Just don't do dishes.

#41 Posted by Rxanadu (511 posts) -

I think I ironed the dilemma with my dad as of now; he's letting me wash the dishes again. But thanks to all the replies. If nothing else, I have something to go on if it happens again. Yeah, it was weird for me to not add more context, but it was because I didn't have much context of my own. He just kind of said it when I suggested he also clean the dishes (or at least the ones he used).

Well, like I said: it was weird, not serious.

#42 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

@kermoosh said:

well it depends how old you are

if you're an adult you can do whatever you want

if you're young (like high school or something) i'd listen to him

although this relies on the fact that a father would be willing to break his child's hands

Uhh no, even if you're an adult and you're living in your parent's house, you do what they say. If you lived on your own and came to visit as an adult, maybe, but I still can't rationalize "do whatever you want".

#43 Posted by Bishna (334 posts) -

@Rxanadu said:

I think I ironed the dilemma with my dad as of now; he's letting me wash the dishes again. But thanks to all the replies. If nothing else, I have something to go on if it happens again. Yeah, it was weird for me to not add more context, but it was because I didn't have much context of my own. He just kind of said it when I suggested he also clean the dishes (or at least the ones he used).

Well, like I said: it was weird, not serious.

You didn't tell us you were mouthing off! Had you suggested I clean the dishes, TO MY FACE no less, I would have at least snapped a pinky in half to show you how I felt about it.

#44 Edited by kermoosh (911 posts) -

@BestUsernameEver said:

@kermoosh said:

well it depends how old you are

if you're an adult you can do whatever you want

if you're young (like high school or something) i'd listen to him

although this relies on the fact that a father would be willing to break his child's hands

Uhh no, even if you're an adult and you're living in your parent's house, you do what they say. If you lived on your own and came to visit as an adult, maybe, but I still can't rationalize "do whatever you want".

well when i say "do whatever you want" i say that in a civilized manner

if there's a rule to wipe your feet before you enter the house that's a reasonable request, but if it comes down to something such as "i'll break your hands" then that seems a bit overkill. granted I don't know the culture and atmosphere that this originated in (which heavily weighs in on my decision as I talk from my own family life and living with parents) so without any details and understanding of the situation you can't really expect me to provide an adequate answer.

For example is the father actually willing to break the hands, or was it just an empty threat? i don't know. but what I do know is if my dad made a serious request like that, I wouldn't abide, and not for the fact that it's some type of rebellious activity but that it goes against my personal belief. While there should be a level of restraint while living in another person's house the idea of washing dishes and hand breaking just seems overkill

again I don't know the background information so I don't know what is actually possible in that given situation

edit: and while I do listen to my parents most if not all the time, I am an adult with his own opinions and beliefs. I voice my opinions when I disagree with something in a civilized manner. Plus if you're an adult your father shouldn't be treating you like a little kid, he should treat you like a man and not like some type of slave that he'll beat if he's not satisfied. anyway end of rant

#45 Posted by Levio (1785 posts) -

@Rxanadu: Tell us more about the dishes in question. Were they rare or of any value? How many were there?

#46 Posted by Hamst3r (4555 posts) -

Tell him to go fuck himself.

#47 Posted by ManU_Fan10ne (662 posts) -

Nike says: Just Do It.