• 180 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
#1 Edited by Milkman (17201 posts) -

There was obviously a big protest in Washington D.C. today about President Obama's new health care plan. This is expected and that's perfectly fair if they don't agree with the health care plan. But what's not fine is the sheer ignorance and ridiculous nature of some of the people at the protest. Now, I know this probably isn't much news to people. Yeah, some right wings are a tad extreme. But I felt the need to share the pictures from the protest with you people. At the very least, you should get a laugh from some of the ignorance of these people. That or you'll be disgusted. There's a big gallery here on Flickr that you can check out but here is some of my favorites.  

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 There are plenty of gems like that in the gallery. I suggest you check it out.
 
EDIT: This is also great.
 
 
#2 Posted by JackiJinx (3091 posts) -

Although not quite as shameful as the collection in that flickr, here's another set from the same horrendous event. It makes me wonder if it's them that should move out of this country or I.

#3 Posted by Lies (3868 posts) -

Glenn Beck 2012 guy has to be trolling.

#4 Posted by The_Ish (481 posts) -

They will probably achieve nothing. @JackiJinx said:

" Although not quite as shameful as the collection in that flickr, here's another set from the same horrendous event. It makes me wonder if it's them that should move out of this country or I. "
Thats admitting weakness. 
#5 Posted by Emandudeguyperson (2501 posts) -
@Lies:
Lol
#6 Posted by Alex_Murphy (1184 posts) -

Are these posters really any worse than the anti Bush ones people had? I'm not a fan of Bush, I'm a libertarian, but all presidents get made fun of by people who don't like them.

#7 Posted by Absurd (2934 posts) -

Oh man...

#8 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -
@Alex_Murphy said:
" Are these posters really any worse than the anti Bush ones people had? I'm not a fan of Bush, I'm a libertarian, but all presidents get made fun of by people who don't like them. "
I don't remember him getting called a rascist, a foreigner, or the devil (well, maybe that last one), not to mention commuinist, socialist, fascist (maybe this one too), and all sorts of other zenophobic names. 
#9 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

yeah thats the problem with democrazy, ignorant sheep have a voice, oh well you gotta take the good with the bad it seems

#10 Posted by PeasForFees (2411 posts) -

I think they should be shot.

#11 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6999 posts) -

I just like to sit back and watch these crazy protests. I could care less either way.

#12 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

Oh Glenn Beck your so funny, in a sad pathetic sort of way

#13 Posted by JackiJinx (3091 posts) -
@The_Ish: It's called not wanting to be associated with them in any form. I don't even like being human at this moment.
#14 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -
@AgentJ said:
" @Alex_Murphy said:
" Are these posters really any worse than the anti Bush ones people had? I'm not a fan of Bush, I'm a libertarian, but all presidents get made fun of by people who don't like them. "
I don't remember him getting called a rascist, a foreigner, or the devil (well, maybe that last one), not to mention commuinist, socialist, fascist (maybe this one too), and all sorts of other zenophobic names.  "
wow, were you alive two years ago?
#15 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -
@ArchScabby said:
" @AgentJ said:
" @Alex_Murphy said:
" Are these posters really any worse than the anti Bush ones people had? I'm not a fan of Bush, I'm a libertarian, but all presidents get made fun of by people who don't like them. "
I don't remember him getting called a rascist, a foreigner, or the devil (well, maybe that last one), not to mention commuinist, socialist, fascist (maybe this one too), and all sorts of other zenophobic names.  "
wow, were you alive two years ago? "
People claimed that Bush was from Kenya two years ago? They made posters of him with lenin and stalin beards two years ago? I sure don't remember that.
#16 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

wow, those protest signs were pretty bad

#17 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -

I hope these people understand Fascism isn't the same as Communism. Fucking idiots.

#18 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

A large number of Americans seem ignorant to many of us over here in the UK. I cannot speak for anyone else but I imagine it's the same elsewhere in the world also.

#19 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -
@Alex_Murphy said:
Are these posters really any worse than the anti Bush ones people had?   
At least the anti-Bush protestors had some decency and did not use racist or derogatory remarks. 
 
The people in those pictures crossed a line.  Am I saying that it is wrong to protest, no it is a right we all have.  However when it dissolves into these bitter and ignorant hate gatherings what are people really accomplishing?
#20 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -
@Linkyshinks said:
" A large number of Americans seem ignorant to many of us over here in the UK. I cannot speak for anyone else but I imagine it's the same elsewhere in the world also. "
Don't worry, a large number of Americans seem ignorant to Americans as well. We just kind of facepalm and live with it. I'm ashamed to say this Glenn Beck fellow grew up only a few hours away from where I live. 
#21 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -
@Linkyshinks said:
" A large number of Americans seem ignorant to many of us over here in the UK. I cannot speak for anyone else but I imagine it's the same elsewhere in the world also. "
Dude, try living here with these idiots.  Teabag protests about government spending the second a Democrat takes office, but nary a peep while GWB2 destroyed the budget with two stupid wars.
#22 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

This video goes to show how much of a jackass Glenn Beck really is 
 

#23 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -

My all time favorite.
#24 Edited by Claude (16254 posts) -

Sometimes the stupid seems to lead the many, stupid none the less. Who were the ones raising hell in town hall meetings? The paranoid, the grossly misinformed that's who. Who heckled the President of the United States of America? The one wanting to misinform that's who.

#25 Posted by LiquidPrince (16119 posts) -

Why are the ruining the Jokers image. Hmph.

#26 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -
@Claude said:
" Sometimes the stupid seems to lead the many, stupid none the less. Who were the ones raising hell in town hall meetings? The paranoid, the grossly misinformed that's who. Who were the one heckling the President of the United States of America? The one wanting to misinform that's who. "
It's ridiculous how the news media isn't filtering this stuff out.  I mean instead of giving an objective view on a subject these days you get Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly or any other nutjob using their airtime to spread lies and ignorance. 
#27 Posted by JackiJinx (3091 posts) -
@ninjakiller said:
" @Linkyshinks said:
" A large number of Americans seem ignorant to many of us over here in the UK. I cannot speak for anyone else but I imagine it's the same elsewhere in the world also. "
Dude, try living here with these idiots.  Teabag protests about government spending the second a Democrat takes office, but nary a peep while GWB2 destroyed the budget with two stupid wars. "
Anything to justify the party leader's actions and to tear down the opposition's leaders. 
 
This is why Washington was very much opposed to a two party system. This shit happens.
#28 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -
@ninjakiller said:
"
My all time favorite. "
This is so fantastic that I no longer have an opinion on the matter.
#29 Edited by jkz (4050 posts) -
@Linkyshinks said:

" A large number of Americans seem ignorant to many of us over here in the UK. I cannot speak for anyone else but I imagine it's the same elsewhere in the world also. "

In a humorous turn, having been to most of europe for extended periods of time (I'm a Hungarian and American Dual Citizen) I find that Americans are the butt of more jokes in America than they are in most other places. For every one of these protesters, there's 3 people sitting at home and sighing at the rediculous nature of many of the protests. It was the same way during the Bush years (albiet the country was less split at the time), and it has been for some time.  
 
In other words, its the vocal minority that tends to represent the country as a whole (as it is in most cases,) and its a real shame that all Americans are made out to be over-zealous, anti-homosexual, racist, xenophobic asses. Sadly, it's the way of the world.
#30 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@Br3adfan said:
" @Claude said:
" Sometimes the stupid seems to lead the many, stupid none the less. Who were the ones raising hell in town hall meetings? The paranoid, the grossly misinformed that's who. Who were the one heckling the President of the United States of America? The one wanting to misinform that's who. "
It's ridiculous how the news media isn't filtering this stuff out.  I mean instead of giving an objective view on a subject these days you get Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly or any other nutjob using their airtime to spread lies and ignorance.  "
I'm worried as much as the next person, but I'm not out there shouting socialism and communism whenever I think of the Obama administration and their plan to overhaul our health care. I do watch fox news, but I also watch many other news stations and read many websites. I feel it's better to have an overall understanding of how fucked up we are and can be than to know nothing.
#31 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

yeah, i don't get why they should do tht type of thing. it is a waist of time, if they don't like it then people should go move to a different country. sometimes i just feel stupid to live in the US.

#32 Posted by Seedofpower (3947 posts) -
@jukezypoo: Holy fucking god, you said it the best.
#33 Posted by Druminator (1683 posts) -

I love living here as much as the next person but I gotta say Americans make sick sometimes. I mean seriously what the hell. You know a country has gone down the drain when one of its biggest issues is stopping people from listening to music for free. Yea that has nothing to do with this but it's one of the petty issues we deal with today as if there weren't more important things to worry about.

#34 Edited by calidan777 (853 posts) -
@AgentJ said:

" @ArchScabby said:

" @AgentJ said:
" @Alex_Murphy said:
" Are these posters really any worse than the anti Bush ones people had? I'm not a fan of Bush, I'm a libertarian, but all presidents get made fun of by people who don't like them. "
I don't remember him getting called a rascist, a foreigner, or the devil (well, maybe that last one), not to mention commuinist, socialist, fascist (maybe this one too), and all sorts of other zenophobic names.  "
wow, were you alive two years ago? "
People claimed that Bush was from Kenya two years ago? They made posters of him with lenin and stalin beards two years ago? I sure don't remember that. "
Dude, Kanye West called Bush a racsist on national tv, Alex Ross painted a portrait of him with vampire fangs sucking the life out of the statue of liberty, people were trying to have him impeached, Hugo Chavez called him the devil, I could go on and on. And it really saddens me to hear an American agreeing with foreigners about how "ignorant" we are, I don't always agree with the government, not by a long shot, but we are far from being the only country guilty of doing bad things and having bad people, not even close.
#35 Posted by calidan777 (853 posts) -
@JackiJinx said:
" @ninjakiller said:
" @Linkyshinks said:
" A large number of Americans seem ignorant to many of us over here in the UK. I cannot speak for anyone else but I imagine it's the same elsewhere in the world also. "
Dude, try living here with these idiots.  Teabag protests about government spending the second a Democrat takes office, but nary a peep while GWB2 destroyed the budget with two stupid wars. "
Anything to justify the party leader's actions and to tear down the opposition's leaders.  This is why Washington was very much opposed to a two party system. This shit happens. "
Exactly
#36 Edited by Asurastrike (2170 posts) -

At first these kinds of protests made me angry, but now I just think they are funny. No matter how many times they call our President a facist, communist, and a Nazi (he is amazingly all 3!), the majority of Americans just see them as crazy right wing nuts.

#37 Posted by momentarylogic (416 posts) -

Bush is bar-none the worst president in history, just saying... btw, I am not politically affiliated (ironic no?).
#38 Edited by DanielJW (4915 posts) -

Protest is fine, but the public display of such hateful and racist crap is absurd. I don't understand how people can truly believe things like this, why is it so hard for some people to grasp that we're all god damned humans. Obama is no more of a devil than you or I. He has his opinions on how to run things, and so do we. Enough people agree with how he wants to run things so he wins the election. He then proceeds to run the country the way he believes it should be. 
 
Where are the satanic elements in that? If McCain ran the country he'd have opinions on how to do it aswell. Does that make him satan? If you act on your opinions, are you then on the same level as Hitler and Stalin?

#39 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

 
 
 There seems to be a ton of focus on his colour and origin, and not a lot the new heatlhcare policy



#40 Posted by Asurastrike (2170 posts) -

I know this is pretty obvious but, every single person in those pictures is white.

#41 Posted by Benjaminvdv (327 posts) -

This is great stuff, I'm serious, this makes republicans look like morons.

#42 Posted by RetroIce4 (4392 posts) -

This is sad. Makes me ashamed of America. No joke. Lulz at the butthurt Republicans.

#43 Posted by chstupid (806 posts) -

Damn, these people make me and other republicans look bad

#44 Edited by jakob187 (21732 posts) -

GUYS GUYS GUYS!!!  It's okay. 
 
EA hired them. 
 
@momentarylogic said:

" Bush is bar-none the worst president in history, just saying... btw, I am not politically affiliated (ironic no?). "
You're aware that you just said Bush Jr. was worse than Nixon...right?  I mean, just checking...
#45 Posted by Alex_Murphy (1184 posts) -
@Br3adfan said:
" @Alex_Murphy said:
Are these posters really any worse than the anti Bush ones people had?   
At least the anti-Bush protestors had some decency and did not use racist or derogatory remarks. "




#46 Posted by oldschool (7264 posts) -

The racist undertones set this completely apart.   
 
Bush deserved the vitriol because he caused the death of many Americans and countless non Americans.  Obama is just trying to fix up the mess and improve American's lives, yet all the focus is upon his country of birth (a stupid conspiracy) and the fact that he is black.  These morons destroy their entire argument in one hit.  You cannot argue seriously or rationally with someone who espouses racist or pseudo-racist comments. 
 
Take comfort in the fact that every country does indeed have its morons as well.

#47 Edited by 0bs3n3 (33 posts) -

omg guyz were getting riped off QQ! 
 
Get over it, seriously, stop hiding behind political correctness just because someone questions you....Orwell was right....Newspeak right here....

#48 Posted by tekmojo (2302 posts) -
@Alex_Murphy:  
 
Left wing fringe is just as bad as the right. Not hard to see that. The true evil is in corruption, and there is no denying the fact that it starts in Washington, both Dem. and Rep. Left wing nut jobs should be the first to tell you that, oh wait nevermind they are too busy not searching for the truth. Double standard need not apply, I guess.
#49 Posted by JackiJinx (3091 posts) -
@0bs3n3: Wrong, but you're entitled to your crazy opinion.
#50 Posted by Shazam (474 posts) -

Everyone that went to that protest should be sterilized. Such stupidity should not be allowed into future generations.