Sons of Anarchy

clumsyninja1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By clumsyninja1

I was gonna start watching this show. is it good?

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By gaminghooligan

I like it. It's no breaking bad or game of thrones, but it has it's moments. I enjoy the biker stuff since my dad has always been into it (he's been riding since he was 16), but it's really played up for tv. There is a season (I think 2?) where they go to Ireland which is IMO really really bad. However, the last season that was on really got me back into the show.

Edit: Season 3 is the Irish one.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I like it. It's no breaking bad or game of thrones, but it has it's moments. I enjoy the biker stuff since my dad has always been into it (he's been riding since he was 16), but it's really played up for tv. There is a season (I think 2?) where they go to Ireland which is IMO really really bad. However, the last season that was on really got me back into the show.

No, that's 3. Season 2 deals with the White Supremacists and it's an excellent season.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Season 3 is this weird fever dream where Kurt Sutter either didn't give a shit, or was doing way too much cocaine.

In other words, watch the whole show and ignore Season 3 entirely.

eskimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, Season 3 is terrible, the rest is strong.

Arabes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh god ya, that trip to Ireland is fucking cringe worthy. And they change the intro song into a fucking hidely dideley version. And the there's british army check points every where.... Ah jesus, it's really bad.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Clonedzero

It's a pretty good show. I really enjoy it.

If you liked The Shield you'll really like this. Hell i think The Shield and Sons of Anarchy take place in the same universe.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

It's good.

Season 4 should have been the last season.

Ksaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's no breaking bad or game of thrones, but it has it's moments.

This pretty much sums it up. It's a good in between sort of show when you've run out of other, better shows, or if the subject matter interests you. Also, season 3 is indeed very silly.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mariachimacabre: ah sorry, my mistake. That was a great season, Henry Rollins sells his character so well.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Season 3 gets tiring like everyone else said but the other seasons are fucking superb.

OGinOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will say, for as bad as Season 3 can get at times, the final episode of the season is one of THE BEST episodes of the entire series.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about the scene with a certain young woman and some fire. HOLY SHIT SO DARK.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sooty: I was watching that in a room full of people and one of the girls in the room screamed. Shit was intense.

CollegeGuyMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#15  Edited By CollegeGuyMike

@sooty: Holy crap that was so intense.

But yeah, I really like this show. I didn't find season 3 to be awful but I also watched it on a 2 day car ride up the country so there wasn't really was much else for me to do.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

I agree with the consensus. I'm a follower, not a leader. It's a good show. It gets a little shakier after the second season.

On1inepersona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been following it since day one it aired. If anything just watch the first two seasons. It kinda goes downhill after that with a bunch of characters doing dumb shit for plot.

clumsyninja1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So far i'm liking it, always love some Ron Perlman. Also, is kinda weird everything i hear Kate Sagal it reminds me of her voicework as Leela in Futurama.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I absolutely adore the show. I know a few real life bikers, and most of them are cool with it too, believe it or not. Of course, you'll always have the ones who say "DAS NOT HOW WE'RE LIKE. DAMN HOLLYWOOD", you can just ignore them though.

Like everyone else, I agree Season 3 was a bit eh, but I wouldn't say skip out on it. It's pretty much alright.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By chrissedoff

I couldn't get into the show. I didn't buy the protagonist as this good-hearted family man who was morally conflicted about his life as a career criminal, and I really didn't buy the notion that a California biker gang would count as members anyone who isn't white and of Christian stock. I guess they didn't think they could have a bunch of nihilistic racists for main characters and still expect people to be interested in their lives (even though other shows like the Sopranos have been able to walk that kind of line quite well) but not doing that made it seem too fake-y for me. It wasn't the gritty, unflinching show I wanted it to be.

clumsyninja1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think is kinda of funny Jax has some white kicks while rides his bike; also, he looks kinda gansta compared to the other member of his MC.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watched half of the first season... it was pretty bad and not in a good way.

CollegeGuyMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@clumsyninja1 said:

So far i'm liking it, always love some Ron Perlman. Also, is kinda weird everything i hear Kate Sagal it reminds me of her voicework as Leela in Futurama.

I always see her as Peggy from Married with Children.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By gaminghooligan

@clumsyninja1 said:

I think is kinda of funny Jax has some white kicks while rides his bike; also, he looks kinda gansta compared to the other member of his MC.

I feel like as the show goes on he starts to look a lot more like a legit biker. Same with Opie.

Jazzycola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

To put it simply, it's a soap opera loosely based on Hamlet with bikers. Personally, I loved the first 4 seasons. Sure most of the third season does go off the rails a bit, but it picks up again in the later episodes of that season. I don't see how anybody can skip the last episodes of the season considering the holy shit moment in the season 3 finale. Season 5, for me, was by far the worst season. Characters become extremely irrational and inconsistent compared to what they were/learned in the previous seasons.

I say watch whats on Netflix at the moment (it's up to season 4 i suspect) and see if you like it.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaminghooligan: It's another literal case of growing the beard for that character, made sense he started off as a bit more of a pretty boy within the context of where he's at now.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By gaminghooligan

@wampa1: oh for sure. It's funny though, with the beard Charlie Hunnam looks so much like the Green Arrow I keep waiting for them to announce him for the JLA movie.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I couldn't get into the show. I didn't buy the protagonist as this good-hearted family man who was morally conflicted about his life as a career criminal, and I really didn't buy the notion that a California biker gang would count as members anyone who isn't white and of Christian stock. I guess they didn't think they could have a bunch of nihilistic racists for main characters and still expect people to be interested in their lives (even though other shows like the Sopranos have been able to walk that kind of line quite well) but not doing that made it seem too fake-y for me. It wasn't the gritty, unflinching show I wanted it to be.

Actually they do have rules regarding race it's just never brought up until later in the series. And Jax isnt really a do-gooder of a character. I mean he broke up with his girlfriend because she was pregnant and turns into cold blooded murderer when need be.

I enjoy the series but I find it's been going for shock value a little too hard with the last couple of seasons to make up for it's prolonged narrative. It's still good though, but they need to end it soon.

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sooty said:

How about the scene with a certain young woman and some fire. HOLY SHIT SO DARK.

That scene ranks with some of the most brutal and hard-to-watch scenes in TV.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Sooty

@sooty said:

Up there with the blowjob rape on The Shield? GROSS

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sooty said:

@mariachimacabre said:

@sooty said:

Up there with the blowjob rape on The Shield? GROSS

See, I haven't seen Shield but that description makes me think of the rape scenes in Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Sons of Anarchy is good. After the first 2 seasons I'd have said it was great, but there has been a noticeable drop in quality, especially seasons 3 & the last season. I'd still recommend it though.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's a good show, a lot of violence but no nudity if you're looking for that kind of thing. I never knew Kurt Sutter is the screenwriter for the show.

Ninja_Welshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Ninja_Welshman

Love it!! Apart from Season 3, that was bad. This last season thought was the fucking best yet!!