illmatic19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By illmatic19
http://twitter.com/sonypictures

To be released in 2012. New cast, new director. Shocker.

Guessing Sam Raimi is gonna work on that WoW movie now.

EDIT: Should have been off topic, my bad
handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By handlas

humm I thought it was pretty much a done deal that Raimi and crew were back for the 4th.  This is news to me.

Not that i care too much.  I liked the 1st and 2nd a lot but the 3rd one was so bad that it pretty much made me dislike the 1st and 2nd movies.  If that is possible ;/...apparently it is because it happened.  However, taking it back to highschool is dumb.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#3  Edited By citizenkane

Moved to Off-Topic for you. 

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Jeust

They can reboot all they want, i'm not interested in seeing the same story again.

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By emkeighcameron
@illmatic19 said:
Shocker.  "
Shocker is in it? I love that guy!

No Caption Provided
joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By joeybagad0nutz

U sure? I just saw comicvine post something about Spiderman 4 and how the Vulture is gonna be in it.
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By JJWeatherman

Huh. I also thought that Spider-Man 4 was all locked up. In fact I think they mentioned that it was already in production. Maybe this will just be a little spin-off type thing between Spider-Man 4 and 5? (assuming they make a 5) I have no idea, just guessing here.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#8  Edited By Hailinel

Couldn't be any worse than Spider-Man 3.

joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By joeybagad0nutz

Huh, never mind. Just saw a post from comicvine saying the same thing.
rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By rjayb89

Well, at least I don't have to see Kirsten Dunst's face again.

Avatar image for indeedcodybrown
IndeedCodyBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By IndeedCodyBrown

That's for the best
Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Skald

Truly we live in the age of series reboots. 

Which, in my opinion, is a bad thing.

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Toxin066

I hope that it will find some way to make Spidey 3 seem like a "what if" scenario so it never really happened, and I hope it is an awesome awesome symbiote story.  As much as I enjoy the vulture, I don't see him carrying a movie as the villain.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheFreeMan

Gotta be fucking me. I really liked SM1 and 2, and even though 3 kinda sucked I was looking forward to seeing if Raimi could make up for it with 4. It's going to be weird in a few years watching a reboot with a different cast, probably telling the same story, when the last three movies are still fresh in my mind and wanted (which separates it from other reboots like Batman and James Bond, in which the reboots were wanted by me).

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ryanwho

Never cared for the Raimi Spidermanses, even the 2nd one. Just never did anything for me. Which is strange, cus I like Raimi and I like Spiderman, but they're like peanut butter and steak. I would say "now he can move on to better things" but then I saw the travesty he's working on next.
All I ask in a reboot is to keep the "origin story" mercifully short and get to the fucking point.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dany
@TheFreeMan: I think he was fed up with studio pressure. It was evident and even sated that he was unable to make the film he wanted for 3 and look how that turned out.
aerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By aerious

Sucks for sony, they've used the film series as their cash cow to finance other projects for a long time. oh well :)

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By Synthballs

Hm. I guess we will have to wait and see what the reboot brings. Why not just work on the Magneto movie?

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheFreeMan
@Dany said:
" @TheFreeMan: I think he was fed up with studio pressure. It was evident and even sated that he was unable to make the film he wanted for 3 and look how that turned out. "
Yeah, I can't really blame him for backing out (you're right, the pressure to put Venom in Spider-Man 3 pretty much ruined the film). Just disappointed that the studio wouldn't back off so he could make the damn movies. Oh well.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20  Edited By Willy105

There is absolutely no reason to do this.

You made Spider Man 3 the finale. Keep it that way. By this decade, Spider-Man would still be VERY fresh in people's minds. They are going to know. At least wait 20 years and make it a great return like Superman Returns or a full reboot. Three movies in a span of less than ten years is not enough time to justify starting over.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By Skald
@ryanwho said:
" Never cared for the Raimi Spidermanses, even the 2nd one. Just never did anything for me. Which is strange, cus I like Raimi and I like Spiderman, but they're like peanut butter and steak. I would say "now he can move on to better things" but then I saw the travesty he's working on next. All I ask in a reboot is to keep the "origin story" mercifully short and get to the fucking point. "
All I ask is that they delay the goddamn movie to prevent making the most redundant super hero movie of all time. 

But I agree with what you said. Peanut butter and steak is right. You summed up the situation quite nicely, I think.
Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Rayfield
@Willy105 said:
"There is absolutely no reason to do this.  "

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ryanwho

High school Spiderman will fight a glitter covered Morbius over the effection of Mary Jane, played by Hannah Montana or maybe that girl from iCarly. Directed by some dude who directs music videos. Coming soon. :-0

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By sopranosfan

It is entirely too soon for a reboot.  It takes closer to 10 years for rebooting a franchise.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25  Edited By KaosAngel

...what the hell is wrong with people.  You'll watch it regardless so stop complaining.

IcySandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By IcySandman

I thought they were going to make a 4th one with Bruce Campbell as the villain...

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27  Edited By Milkman

Why?

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sopranosfan said:
"It is entirely too soon for a reboot.  It takes closer to 10 years for rebooting a franchise. "
Well, considering a 2012 release, it will officially be the ten-year marker for the Spider-Man film franchise. 

This is both unsurprising and jarring. I'd read a report recently that said the script for Spider-Man 4--you know, the film being made by the same crew behind the last three films--was being completely trashed in lieu of a new story idea. But, as someone said just a few posts earlier, I think the newfound tendency of comic-film "reboots", especially on Marvel's end, where they've had a number of stinkers and have resorted to rebooting Hulk and Punisher already, is disconcerting.  

I don't know what I feel about this. Spider-Man 3 was painful enough. And seeing a bunch of teeny-boppers playing those roles might just put the headstone on the grave, here.
sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By sopranosfan
@Sir_Ragnarok:   Yeah but I meant from the last movie in the previous franchise.  I believe that will only be what 4 or 5 years from the 3rd one.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By penguindust

Will this new release be a "Disney's Spiderman" production?

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Karmum

Disappointed and happy at the same time.

I'm glad that the Spider-Man series is getting the Batman treatment. Give them time to make a good movie. Maybe it'll be like Batman Begins, being alright, then the sequel is like The Dark Knight. Well, a man can dream.

Mostly a shock. I thought they were good to go for Spider-Man 4. I didn't think that Tobey was a great Peter Parker, but he was somebody I was used to. Eh, he was getting old anyhow. He would have been like 34 - 35 when SP4 was released. I'm just upset that the reboot might just start the whole plot all over again.

I really just want to know who is going to head it as Peter Parker. It sucks that I'm going to have to wait two years for a new Spidey film, instead of one. I just hope it's worth the extra year.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sopranosfan said:
" @Sir_Ragnarok:   Yeah but I meant from the last movie in the previous franchise.  I believe that will only be what 4 or 5 years from the 3rd one. "
Like I said, man, Hulk and Punisher have already been rebooted after having comparable hiatuses. Marvel's pulled this sort of fast one before.
Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, we're never gonna get to see the Carnage storyline in a movie, are we?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Karmum said:
"Disappointed and happy at the same time.  I'm glad that the Spider-Man series is getting the Batman treatment. Give them time to make a good movie. Maybe it'll be like Batman Begins, being alright, then the sequel is like The Dark Knight. Well, a man can dream.  Mostly a shock. I thought they were good to go for Spider-Man 4. I didn't think that Tobey was a great Peter Parker, but he was somebody I was used to. Eh, he was getting old anyhow. He would have been like 34 - 35 when SP4 was released. I'm just upset that the reboot might just start the whole plot all over again.  I really just want to know who is going to head it as Peter Parker. It sucks that I'm going to have to wait two years for a new Spidey film, instead of one. I just hope it's worth the extra year. "
What's really interesting to me is the fate of the spinoffs Sony'd planned after the release of Spider-Man 3. I suppose this means the Venom spinoff is KIA.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SuperfluousMoniker said:
"Man, we're never gonna get to see the Carnage storyline in a movie, are we? "
Marvel and Sony had a Venom film in the works before this news broke. Reportedly, that film dealt with Carnage as the antagonist. Can't imagine it being any better than Spider-Man 3, though, especially with the Maximum Carnage line being one of the most universally loathed of all Spidey's arcs.
Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Alexander

I was hoping to never see Spider-Man on the big screen ever again.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#37  Edited By Tireyo

So? Don't matter really.

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Rayfield

ZAC EFRON AS SPIDERMAN 

KIM KARDASHIAN AS MARY JANE 

MICKEY ROURKE AS GREEN GOBLIN 

ZACK SNYDER TO DIRECT 

GREEN LIGHT THAT SHIT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Tireyo643 said:
"So? Don't matter really. "
Considering it concerns one of the most lucrative film franchises in the history of cinema, I'd say this story has something of a gravity to it.
zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#40  Edited By zombie2011
@Rayfield: Oh god, i just realized Zac Efron is probably one of the best choices for Spiderman, seeing it's set during his High School years. 

I do not want to see him as spiderman. The original cast was awesome especially James Franco.
sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By sopranosfan
@PenguinDust: My understanding is that a lot of the popular franchises like Spiderman, X-men and Ironman are locked up long term.  If I remember correctly some of their franchises can be made by the current studios as long as they want to keep making them with royalties going to Marvel/Disney.  And that could be why they are in a frenzy to get the movie made but that is just speculation on my part.
handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By handlas
@Sir_Ragnarok said:
" @sopranosfan said:
" @Sir_Ragnarok:   Yeah but I meant from the last movie in the previous franchise.  I believe that will only be what 4 or 5 years from the 3rd one. "
Like I said, man, Hulk and Punisher have already been rebooted after having comparable hiatuses. Marvel's pulled this sort of fast one before. "
yep and Sony is pretty stupid to do this considering how well the Spiderman franchise has done.  They screwed up with Spiderman 3...let Raimi do whatever the hell he wants with 4 and it would of been good.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#43  Edited By Black_Rose

That is ridiculous. They should just stop for a while, ten years is not enough to reboot a franchise. 

Swaboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#44  Edited By Swaboo

I don't care if they get new actors and shit but better not start from the start of the spiderman story AGAIN. They restarted the comics and animated shows at least 3 times each... show us new stuff.

fresh2deafbill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By fresh2deafbill

we'll all be dead so it doesn't matter

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By RetroIce4

Hopefully it will be better than 3. I can only hope...

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

The only one of the movies I really liked was 2, so not a big deal to me.  I like Raimi but he should stick to horror more.

@Karmum said:

" Disappointed and happy at the same time.  I'm glad that the Spider-Man series is getting the Batman treatment. Give them time to make a good movie. Maybe it'll be like Batman Begins, being alright, then the sequel is like The Dark Knight. Well, a man can dream.  Mostly a shock. I thought they were good to go for Spider-Man 4. I didn't think that Tobey was a great Peter Parker, but he was somebody I was used to. Eh, he was getting old anyhow. He would have been like 34 - 35 when SP4 was released. I'm just upset that the reboot might just start the whole plot all over again.  I really just want to know who is going to head it as Peter Parker. It sucks that I'm going to have to wait two years for a new Spidey film, instead of one. I just hope it's worth the extra year. "

The Batman Begins/Dark Knight comparison would be the best scenario.  Lets see who they get to direct, there aren't many Christopher Nolan's around and they don't usually get these kinds of movies.
septim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#48  Edited By septim

If by re-boot they mean re-tell the origin story then fuck that.

I don't care if they take the franchise in a completely new direction but they do not need to tell the origin story again.

applet0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By applet0n

This should be refreshing, just hope they don't dick about with the origin story again or focus on it too much, its not like we've all seen it before...

AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By AgentofChaos

Fingers crossed for the inclusion of Gwen Stacy.